What do you think about a Housepets game for Nintendo Wii?

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Frooxius

Re: What do you think about a Housepets game for Nintendo Wi

Post by Frooxius »

zeroslash: how do you know that they are reading them? Why are you implying by that?

I didn't say that ALL PCs can run a HP game, but mots PC's can do. I don't know why you mention some commercial game, which are usually much more power demanding than free games, because they have more advanced graphics (and also dozens of people working on them every day for months, even years). Unless somebody has some prehistoric PC, I don't think that performance would be much of a problem, not to mention that people who have like... 15 year old computer probably won't even have money to afford a console, when they can't have even something little bit more modern.

One of game consoles big advantages is, that you can buy the newest games with excellent graphics and everything, without constantly having to worry about the graphics card and overall performance, because you can be sure, that it will run smoothly, because the developers programmed it for the exactly same hardware (not to mention they can utilize a lot more performance, due to the lack of some abstraction layers (to solve hardware variety) required when programming for Windows and other PCs. And nobody's making a big commercial Housepets game, that would require such performance, right?

Another thing with consoles: there are several types of consoles, somebody may have Xbox, somebody Wii, somebody DS, somebody PS, somebody Gamecube, somebody PSP and they don't necessarily will have all of these, but you can be sure that 99.99 % of them have PC, that's able to run a Housepets game as well as many people who have no console at all... Of course there are people, who have very old and slow PCs, there are tons of people who don't have PC at all, but you can't do anything about that, there will still some be some people who wouldn't be able to play, but with choosing PC as the platform for a Housepets fangame (so you don't ""argument"" with commercial titles again...) will make it available for the biggest amount of people, without having to invest a lot more time to porting the game to more consoles, not to mention for some consoles you can't even develop for free, without a license and some company (some hack's and other unofficial things are not a solution), so I still think that PC is best for this.
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

All right, chill out. I think you're taking this a little too seriously.

All along, I've been referring to a HP video game as a commercial game. And I know about the advantages and disadvantages to a console; I'm getting into the gaming industry, after all. It makes sense to know these things. I'm not ignorant.

And I do agree with a multi-platform game for HP. I never said I didn't (in fact, I never mentioned such a thing at all from what I recall). This whole time, I thought we were just discussing whether or not a HP game would be a good idea and which developer should make it. I've been thinking this as a rhetorical conversation, nothing serious. If you're making a fan game, that's great. Keep at it, but I think the original poster meant this topic to be for fun, nothing else.
Sinder wrote:So then Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

What seriously? I'm just saying and supplying some arguments to support my statement, that PC is best platform for a fangame, I think that a commercial game is thinking too much ahead. Not to mention others were talking about actually making a game too... What do you mean which developer should make it? If it's rhetorical, why even pick any developer? It doesn't make sense.

I never said you don't agree with a multi-platform game... In fact, if you read what I wrote, you would know that I don't agree, because for a fangame, that would require much more work and much more time and effort (especially when various platforms are different from the HW side) and if it's made in a free time, then the time used for porting could be used for actually making the game for one platform much better.

You know, you should try to hide sarcasm more, when you say "that's great keep at it", because it's literally radiating from your post... Also a lot of people say that they are getting into game design and programming, although they just got past Hello World. But okay, if I'm just stupid nobody who is apparently not interested in game design at all and will never go to a game industry and just randomly blabbing nonsense, I'll go away... Image
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

*cackles maniacally as he descends from the sky, his eyebrows flaming*

FOOOOOLISH HOUSEPETS FANS! Do you not see the possibility? A game...with Tarot creating the levels that are characters go through! Muhahahaha! Grape, Peanut, Max, and King play through levels that Tarot with her powers brings to life, sound good? And since it would be based off of their imaginations, that could be a way to work in homages to other games, like Mario. Savvy?
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Something tells me this isn't a serious discussion thread.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

ReCreate wrote:Something tells me this isn't a serious discussion thread.
Sorry, I didn't want to sound condescending or anything, so I added in the GREAT, FLAMING EYEBROWS!!! :)
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I think this thread is fast approaching the end of it's lifespan.
crazyBalto

Post by crazyBalto »

well, looks like it wasn't a good idea to mention this idea here. :?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Awww, that's sad to hear. I really liked the idea, even if it had little chance of ever happening. :cry:
crazyBalto

Post by crazyBalto »

the problem is when they want to find a way to make the most famous game ever...I mean, it was supposed to just post their ideas of how a housepets game could be. :?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

crazyBalto wrote:the problem is when they want to find a way to make the most famous game ever...I mean, it was supposed to just post their ideas of how a housepets game could be. :?
Yeah, it did seem to get a bit...off-track... :?
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Frooxius wrote:What seriously? I'm just saying and supplying some arguments to support my statement, that PC is best platform for a fangame, I think that a commercial game is thinking too much ahead. Not to mention others were talking about actually making a game too... What do you mean which developer should make it? If it's rhetorical, why even pick any developer? It doesn't make sense.

I never said you don't agree with a multi-platform game... In fact, if you read what I wrote, you would know that I don't agree, because for a fangame, that would require much more work and much more time and effort (especially when various platforms are different from the HW side) and if it's made in a free time, then the time used for porting could be used for actually making the game for one platform much better.

You know, you should try to hide sarcasm more, when you say "that's great keep at it", because it's literally radiating from your post... Also a lot of people say that they are getting into game design and programming, although they just got past Hello World. But okay, if I'm just stupid nobody who is apparently not interested in game design at all and will never go to a game industry and just randomly blabbing nonsense, I'll go away...
I thought to discuss which developer would be great for HP and what the game should be like for fun. And I know more than just "Hello World!"; I'm getting into Windows GUI, and I'll be going further sooner or later. And where did I say you were a "stupid nobody," and where was I sarcastic? I'm really failing to see where I was sarcastic, so please point it out to me so I can better understand what the bloody hexadecimal you're talking about. No one is calling you out! Like what Rick said, you keep deprecating yourself when someone disagrees with you.

I may not have read any of your articles (for one, I've never even heard of you until now, and very likely vice versa; because if you know who I am, there's something definitely wrong here), but you seem to be a hard worker and dedicated to programming and video game design concerns. But it's hard for me to keep myself from banging my head against the desk when you keep assuming the worst from my and others' posts.
crazyBalto wrote:the problem is when they want to find a way to make the most famous game ever...I mean, it was supposed to just post their ideas of how a housepets game could be.
I just wanted to discuss a non-existant game. Is that too much to ask? :/
Zoidberg wrote:Yes.
Sinder wrote:So then Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

There is not much more to discuses about this topic,

Locking it
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"