Hey! So about the comments section*

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

xhunterko

Hey! So about the comments section*

Post by xhunterko »

*hopefully this is the right forum this time

So, a while ago I was told by somebody that they tried to get first comment all the time by having a pre-typed message and then posting that before/without reading the comic at all. Naturally I was a little ticked off. Sooo, in order to show them just how frustrating and wrong it was, I thought I tried to do it in the most ironic way possible. The reason being is that, another comic I read, it had a comments section. But because people were commenting just for the sake of commenting to get first comment, the artist had to remove the comments section entirely and relegate it to the forums. I don't want that to happen here. I like having fun in the comments section. I like interacting with people who, while they might have something worthwhile to share, don't want to go through having to join a forum. (even though it's very simple) I like that.

What I don't like, is people abusing a priveledge so they can get a status quo or an ego trip. That's what I don't like. Apparently, however, not everybody gets irony. I was called a troll, for doing the exact same thing that other person was doing. My comment was deleted. I got argued with about doing the wrong thing with the person who was doing the percieved wrong thing. I was told to behave by the artist (which was for a valid reason and my fault). And today, I was even told by said person that I was told not by one, but by two artists. (The other publishes an awesome web comic called broken plot device and should be added to your reading schedule.) And the bad thing is, I got a few people going what going on and a few people thinking I was causing trouble. When all I was trying to do was point out that I thought something that I thought was wrong was going on.

Well, I guess that was pretty badly handled. I didn't mean to come off as a troll, nor did I want to call attention to myself. I'm sorry about that. The intended effect that I wanted to have, was for people to read the comic for the comics sake. People shouldn't want to post because they want to bring attention or achieve something. As a majority of them do, they want to give they're relevent/fun/creative/opinionated/useful input. I think people should be allowed to do that. I think that it is a critical part of the way the fanbase interacts with the artist. I like that. I just don't it taken away. I just wanted to tell people that I felt that something that I thought was bad was going on and could potentially take some fun away. Really that's, all I wanted to do. Sigh.

(hopefully this was done the right way, I guess I'll see)
sonic id furreh!!!

Re: Hey! So about the comments section*

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

wait, rally!?! when did this all happen!?! DX
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

xhunterko wrote:I was told to behave by the artist (which was for a valid reason and my fault).
You did see my comment was directed toward Lance more than you, right?
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Somewhere along here:

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/10/ ... /#comments

@rickgriffin: Um, no, actually.It was so close together and I thought I was in the wrong, my bad.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Yes I know what you're talking about. Stop panicking so much and just comment normally. I don't really think there was a need for all that *waves hands in front of him*
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, okay. If you say so.