THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

CalaverX11

THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Post by CalaverX11 »

...Calaver.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/calaverx11

I'm a musician. I'm also (kind of) a furry. But I've been a fan of Rick's comic since it started...some of the funniest ***t on the Internet right now. I'm originally from Detroit, by way of Grand Rapids, Tacoma, WA (in the Army), and currently existing in Chicago. I've been a furry since about 1996, though I've been fascinated by cartoon animals since the late 80s, no thanks to Captain Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars.

What's your story?
If you can't beat 'em, write a song about it.
james319

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Post by james319 »

...John

I am a cartoonist(sorta).I'm am also kinda like a furry,i smell and hear far away things from time to time, when I'm in my room i some times put my arms and hands up (like the way a dog begs for food). iv been a fan from the first time i saw the comic but i started a few days after the fist few comics, but his comics inspired me to draw so "housepetscomic" is what got me to start drawing. I don't hang out with many people that much so I'm pretty much always by myself besides these to guys, but they are really friendly with makes them popular so i don't see them that much, but because i learned how to draw better than before(much..MUCH better) i'v gained a little bit of popularity so.. thanks Rick. and that's my story.
TrialByFire

LOLWUT? I changed the title! LOLOLOL!

Post by TrialByFire »

My name is Josh but literally everybody, including my parents, calls me Pyro. No joke. Half my friends don't know my real name. Surprisingly I have irl friends. =P

I'm an 18 year old, pale skinned Canadian that needs to get out of his basement more often. I have yet to get a job. I have a girlfriend, who lives in Florida, we've never met, but we've been happy together for over three years. I like various forms of music, but I absolutely detest country music. Just not my style. Also, I'm not much of a rap person. Punk rock for me.

Yeah.

EDIT: For the record, I don't live in an igloo. =P

EDIT2: I edit my posts a lot you'll tend to notice. Also, I are furry.
Last edited by TrialByFire on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Awwz, my old image won't fit =(
At least my avatar works.
-opens up Photoshop-
Archor

Post by Archor »

Archor...

I'm an art student, currently in college, eventually heading to the realm of animation (particularly feature film CG animation). I've been a bit of a furry for quite some time, and was delighted to find a webcomic that actually had good artwork. Seriously, its like looking for a diamond in a sea of rocks. That, and i found it rather amusing. On most occasions. Heck, all of them.
Fuzzypaws

Post by Fuzzypaws »

We'll say Shiro, since that's my character's name. :3

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/fuzzypaws/

I'm a writer and work on a CCG. It's also my job to develop recipes for the artist of this comic so he can have the food he wants and deserves despite his food allergies, particularly desserts. *giggles*

Well, hm, more random information? My doctor says I have to eat a minimum of 2700 calories a day or I'll starve, does that count? :3
Korilaz

Post by Korilaz »

james....
im still in high school but atleast ima senior this year. ive read housepets for about a week now and i really enjoy it and it has to right to my most favorit of them all... im not so much of a furry i just enjoy the style... but if it is a comix or comixbook in anyway whatsoever i like have an addiction to it... ditto on trialby fire about country music... i prefer all the diffrent types of metal.. but my favs are melodic death and death....
yes... ive been gone a while.... yes its cuz of LK....
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

My name is Eblyyyyy. c:

Real life, and online tooo~
o:

Never minding my life story thoughhhh. I love housepets. That's pretty much it. Cx
Need I honestly say more?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
CalaverX11

Post by CalaverX11 »

Ebly wrote:Need I honestly say more?
YES. YOU MUST GIVE US YOUR HOME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER SO WE MAY STALK YOU.

Or something.
If you can't beat 'em, write a song about it.
Krista

Post by Krista »

Hallo there~

My name's Krista... just, Krista. I'm one of those devious wannabe jack-of-all-trades artists who reads through long comic archives in single sittings, has no real life outside of the internets, and joined the furry fandom three years after being identified with it. My hobbies include drawing, reading, writing, logical thinking, and cute picture quests across the vast series of tubes... nice to meet you all.~ |3

Several years back I began a story over my persona (or fursona) with a similiar theme to Housepets! (sentient pets living with humans, blah) and I dropped it after a few real world complications killed the spark of inspiration for it. I just started reading about, eh, 29 hours ago after following a link from TwoKinds and found the flame for that subject quickly rekindled. The ideas are flowing on the subject again, so I guess that makes the series very inspirational for me. x3

Now if only I could make comics....

http://archinos.deviantart.com
It's amazing what one can do with a single color pencil...
Visit my dA sometime~
Archor

Post by Archor »

Krista wrote:Now if only I could make comics....

http://archinos.deviantart.com
Well, you can certainly draw, so you have a leg up on most of those out there... Love the avi by the way.
TrialByFire

Post by TrialByFire »

Krista wrote:...after following a link from TwoKinds...
XD Exactly how I found Housepets =P
Awwz, my old image won't fit =(
At least my avatar works.
-opens up Photoshop-
Korilaz

Post by Korilaz »

... yeah im willing to bet that like a good chunk of ur readers came from that link lrlz
Typo

Post by Typo »

What.

Oh. Right.

"HI MY NAME IS" Typo, I guess? Or at least that's what I'm calling myself right now, I don't know.

I found the comic through a rather unexpected ad here. Which you should check out.

At least I think that's where I found the ad.

You should still check it out anyway.

EDIT: Oh, I guess since everyone else has mentioned it in their post, I'm only a furry for very broad definitions of furry.

Though it's sometimes hard for me to tell...
Last edited by Typo on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I make music, if you're interested.

If you want, I'm always game for a chat.
Silver

Post by Silver »

...Silver, no IRL name, sorry. And yes, TwoKinds Link.

I'm... sorta a furry? Dunno. No real fursona or anything, but wouldn't mind one if I could find one that fit. Either way, I like the comic, nice art style, and I like where the story (Even though it's barely started) is headed.

Other random information: I play TF2 a lot in my free time and... yeah. not much else. See you guys around!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

CalaverX11 wrote:
Ebly wrote:Need I honestly say more?
YES. YOU MUST GIVE US YOUR HOME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER SO WE MAY STALK YOU.

Or something.
OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

Okay okay okay okay I got here from TwoKinds.
Okay kidding. I actually saw a link on... christ. I don't remember. It was either El Goonish Shive or Charby The Vampirate. More likely CTV. Either way, though, it was an ad from another webcomic. I've also since seen Rick's FA and stuff like that. =w=

I'm... well, really, I am a furry by most people's standards, so even though I'm convinced I'm human I guess I must be a fur anyway. ono

THERE IS THAT ENOUGH OH GOD DON'T STALK ME ;A;
Krista

Post by Krista »

Archor wrote:Well, you can certainly draw, so you have a leg up on most of those out there... Love the avi by the way.
Why, thank you~

No worries Ebly, we promise not to stalk you....

...very long. :twisted:
It's amazing what one can do with a single color pencil...
Visit my dA sometime~
Tomfox

Post by Tomfox »

Hi, my real name is Tom, I've been watching the comic since just about the beginning. I'm an Artist and have my own web comic in the making. I'm 22 years old, enjoy videogames, Movies, Comics, and Cartoons. Avatar will be uploaded soon as I get home so I can Photoshop my icon down to Req'ed size.

Love the comic! Keep it up Rick!!!

TomFox
Be nice to Ebly... He makes up 15% of the ENTIRE forum!

DA:
http://mrtomfox.deviantart.com/
Webcomic:
http://www.tomfoxcomics.com/
Cormyr

Post by Cormyr »

Jamie. by real name. but most people I know call me Cormyr, or some variation of the word, Cor Corm or if theyre lazy. myr >.> which i think sounds like theyre trying to put a cats "purr" into a new type of sound, but hey thats me.

I've been affiliated (by others standards and not my own) with the furry fandom for a good bunch of years now, since I was 13 methinks, and i'm 18 now... I guess I consider myself a furry, or at least more of a furry from the point of what major society rules as "normal" anyway.
I'm in college, studying English Literature, Sociology, ICT and British Sign Language, so yeah... i'm British too, live in Leeds. This is my second year at college and i'm looking to move on to Uni, majoring in Sociology.
I think i'm a rational thinker, i can look at many points and decipher many different interpretations of the same thing, and although this means my opinion is never absolute and may change because I find some other interpretation, it also means i'm open-minded.

That's my rabble done... yeah... I think I rabble on too much too.
(i also draw, play guitar (electric), mix music, play way too many games than must be healthy for me and don't have much of an outside interest because society just doesn't suit me :P
Should probably also say that I have a Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Laptop, Macbook air, DS, PSP etc. ... and I play a LOT of MMORPG's ... though I play lots of Fable II right now... :))

Cormyr.
Korilaz

Post by Korilaz »

omg off topic.... but yeah fable 2 if u guyz dont have it but have a 360 you need it badly... lrlz im lovin the game soo far and the dog is awesome...
also tho ill play almost ne game wif ne one aslong as ur not like an uber noob or sum thin lrlz i cant play ne PC games tho because my gfx card like blew up satuerday night and i now need a new one butne waiz... if u guyz wanna ply a game wif me that i have i will just snd mssg...

yes i have a universal tag...... Korilaz...

Editz..... afore u guyz ask me a bunch of questions... i am on my moms computer.... we each have our own laptop.....
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Why not make a new topic about it? o:

We really don't have enough topics, so...
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

Hello, I am V.
<_<; Yes that has been what I go by for about five years.

Ehh, I'm a college student, resident of Alaska, enjoy Housepets! a bunch. What else do you want from me? oh well I guess I spend a lot of time on PhotoshopCS3, that's kinda fun. I might even dabble in showing some of m stuff if I feel confident enough.
I do in photoshop what kindergartners do with fingerpaints.
Copycat

Post by Copycat »

I'm Branden Harris aka Copycat

I don't really use it much but here's my FA

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/copycat/
All hands to the deck!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Copycat wrote:I'm Branden Harris aka Copycat

I don't really use it much but here's my FA

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/copycat/
DEAR GOD YOUR AVATAR ;A;

YES, I'M GOING TO DO THAT EVERY TIME.
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

Copycat wrote:I'm Branden Harris aka Copycat
I get the feeling I've seen you before, probably on FA
I do in photoshop what kindergartners do with fingerpaints.
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

Hello everyone my alias online is JakJak, at least in the furryish parts lol. I can't remember if the ad was from twokinds or the book of biff. I'm leaning more toward twokinds though. I started reading the comic from the dolphin one about a week ago and it instantly became one of my favorite comics lol. I have experience in ms paint art and that's probably the only thing worth talking about from my life heh...
Zerkai

Post by Zerkai »

I am Z.
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Hi, my name is Raikoo, or just Koo. My real name is Josh which makes what.. two or three Joshes here? Anywho, I'm a wannabe furry, wannabe artist, comic/manga collector, tcg nut, sci-fi/fantasy/horror fan, RPG fanatic, um.. yeah. Caffine, caffine is good too. I guess you could throw wannabe writer up there too, I tend to get lots of ideas for stories and fanfics but like drawing, work and life tends to just get in my way and drain me of my focus and ambition. Curse you life.
Favorite quote to date: 'Broom to your face!' - Grape Jelly

Image Image Image
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Zerkai wrote:I am Z.
...erkai.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Raikoo wrote:Hi, my name is Raikoo, or just Koo. My real name is Josh which makes what.. two or three Joshes here? Anywho, I'm a wannabe furry, wannabe artist, comic/manga collector, tcg nut, sci-fi/fantasy/horror fan, RPG fanatic, um.. yeah. Caffine, caffine is good too. I guess you could throw wannabe writer up there too, I tend to get lots of ideas for stories and fanfics but like drawing, work and life tends to just get in my way and drain me of my focus and ambition. Curse you life.
Wannabe furry? xD
How so?
You're going to need to explain that one. >3

Life is pretty much crap. :c
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Ebly wrote:
Raikoo wrote:Hi, my name is Raikoo, or just Koo. My real name is Josh which makes what.. two or three Joshes here? Anywho, I'm a wannabe furry, wannabe artist, comic/manga collector, tcg nut, sci-fi/fantasy/horror fan, RPG fanatic, um.. yeah. Caffine, caffine is good too. I guess you could throw wannabe writer up there too, I tend to get lots of ideas for stories and fanfics but like drawing, work and life tends to just get in my way and drain me of my focus and ambition. Curse you life.
Wannabe furry? xD
How so?

Well I say wannabe furry causewhile I'm a fan of the furry genre and RPGs, I'm not the type to get into fusuits and such and according to the uber-hardcore furrs, that means I'm just a wannabe.
Favorite quote to date: 'Broom to your face!' - Grape Jelly

Image Image Image
Korilaz

Post by Korilaz »

then say its an intrest dood... cuz wannabe sound more like its a hardcore fur thing than how you explained it...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm Dissension... yes, that's my real name. xD (Actually, it's Steven, but most people call me by my last name, which is... NOT GOING TO BE REVEALED. *laughs*)

Divulging personal information, I'm 21, male, majoring in journalism (broadcast concentration), and (obviously) a furry. I don't have a fursuit and I probably never will, but I think some of them are really cool. ~_^

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Raikoo wrote:
Ebly wrote:
Wannabe furry? xD
How so?

Well I say wannabe furry causewhile I'm a fan of the furry genre and RPGs, I'm not the type to get into fusuits and such and according to the uber-hardcore furrs, that means I'm just a wannabe.
U R NOT A FURI BCUZ U DO NOT WERE MASCOT SOOT SO WE H8 U WNA-B FURI

seriously, uber-hardcore ANYTHING can go screw itself. They tend to just be fanatic idiots. Their word ≠ law. If you think you're furry enough, you're furry enough. x'3
falconthefox

Post by falconthefox »

Heya, Falcon here, I'm a 6ft even fun loving middle aged Furry with an arctic Fox fursona. White fur with light blue tail tip and inside my ears. I like all things Anthro, Sci Fi and Star Trek and yes i am a Trekie! I alos love reading and writing and good webcomics like this one! I dabble a bit in 3D stuff, mostly starships and such.
"errrr...was that suppose to happen?"
no space
Location: Beyond the Mountains of Madness, in a little place called Home.

Post by no space »

Hi, my name's Cody.

Found this site a little while ago through the TwoKinds link and now I'm addicted.

I guess I'm sort of maybe a furry. I don't really have a furry persona, but I like furries and I have been known to dress up in cat ears and a tail. I also wouldn't mind finding a kindred (female) spirit. ;)

I like to write- mostly short stories- but what I would really like to be able to do is draw. Of course, if I could draw, I'd probably want to be able to write. I'm just that kind of guy.

I'm also into video games and Steampunk, so if you're ever on Brass Goggles, I'm Franklin Wrayburn.
What a beautiful waste-
hangnail whispering, "Let's be lonely together."
ikani
Server Sugar Glider

Post by ikani »

ohnoes! Testing post to make sure I didn't break the server >.>

Also hii!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

-breaks-

:c
i is brok.
Odos

Post by Odos »

"Hi, my name is" "wiki wiki" "ANGERFIST!!!!"

well, anyway... My names Josh, that's all you're getting from me.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Odos wrote:"Hi, my name is" "wiki wiki" "ANGERFIST!!!!"

well, anyway... My names Josh, that's all you're getting from me.
Angerfiiiiiist~

n////n
<3
hollow

Post by hollow »

Greetings.... I am Hollow. I am 16 years of age and I love all that has to do with furries and anthro art, though I am a horrible artist. I have just discovered House pets a few days ago, but I enjoy the comic so much I decided to join the forum. I may sound grave by the way I write but I am more or less like Peanut Butter. I hope I will enjoy my time here and that I will not be a burden on anyone. Thank you for your time. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I like tacos.:3
I am also a furry.
Fear the ones who hide within the darkness..
I will eat your soul!!!