Adding ads

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

ctcmjh

Re: Adding ads

Post by ctcmjh »

I have a question for Rick: Can you buy ads for your own site? If so, why haven't you done so yet? It sounds like such an awesome idea.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

ctcmjh wrote:I have a question for Rick: Can you buy ads for your own site? If so, why haven't you done so yet? It sounds like such an awesome idea.
That would completely defeat the purpose of him making money off of it.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Dubiousity wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:I have a question for Rick: Can you buy ads for your own site? If so, why haven't you done so yet? It sounds like such an awesome idea.
I think he meant buying ads for his site to put on other sites.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:
I think he meant buying ads for his site to put on other sites.
No, I meant buying ads on his own site just for the sake of advertising to people who are already here.

It's like how Jack in the Box has TV's in their restaurants advertising their food.

It serves no purpose, but it just seems so awesome.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

What I'd basically do is put up my own ad and then make a minimum bid, so the ad shows unless the minimum bid is met.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Yeah um.. I found a possible inappropriate ad just now...
*scrubbed*
I think you'll know why it is...
Last edited by Private Elliot on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Hey you know, every time someone complains, the ad expires before I can check it out. This is annoying.

Also don't post all the details in the forum.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

rickgriffin wrote:Hey you know, every time someone complains, the ad expires before I can check it out. This is annoying.

Also don't post all the details in the forum.
Right... Sorry.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Buckdida wrote:
Kitch wrote:I'm not sure the Animal Control ad is proper for a site on a PG comic.
The forums can reach up to a MAX of PG-13. Most of the time, the rating is somewhere in between PG and PG-13.

That said, if you see a project wonderful ad that breaks rating, let Rick know, or let any of the mods know, and we can pass the message along to Rick.
Buckdida wrote:Yeeeeeaaaahh, just going to add.

Guys, if you see an ad that breaks rating, TELL RICK ABOUT IT as he can ban certain bidders from bidding on the site. Just let him or one of the mods know, and let us know what the ad is, so we can kill it.

This...is the downside to project wonderful ads. Usually, they're pretty good, otherwise...
Buckdida wrote:Okay, I've said this before: If there is an inappropriate ad, contact Rick directly: A forum PM with a screenshot or just who the ad is from, or just tell him so on AIM. Rick is the only one who can do anything about the ads. If you tell one of the mods, they'll just basically forward your message to Rick. Also, while there may be good intentions, don't post it on the forums where everyone can see them, because, well, all that achieves is more people seeing the ad.
*Twich*
*Twich*

Do I need to, like, stab someone to get my point across about this idea?

Okay, everyone, it's simple. If you see a bad ad, you contact Rick over AIM so he can take it down. He is the only one with control of the ads. If he's not on at the time, then nothing can be done; some ads are on a time basis and expire before Rick can even get to them. Posting the ad in question DOES NOTHING, and only makes work for us to clean up, since you know, we have to GET RID of the bad ad you posted.

I know it's in good intentions, but, really...com'on and think a sec guys. I should not have to state the same thing FOUR times.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

To notify Rick about a questionable ad, you could also send him a [PM] with the details. For clarity's sake, it might be a good idea to make the subject something like "Ad (!)Report."

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other