Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

69eist

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by 69eist »

Um, is there a reference list for moderators? I have a lot of questions to ask since I'm confused by the huge quantity of rules and regulations. Sorry, I just don't want to make any mistakes. This is my first time trying out RP online.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If you have questions specifically about the RP section of the forums, the mods here are Esper, RockstarRaccoon, and Tha Housefox. Their names are at the top of every page. Any other questions can be posted in the Ask a Moderator thread. Here's a list of the regular mods, the global mods and the admin team. I'd suggest you go to the regular mods first or the Ask a Moderator thread first and if they can't help then move your way up the ranks.
Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Thanks. I'm very eager to start doing rp.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Name: Elliot Gilgan

Character Type: Main

Species: Black-Backed Jackal

Neighborhood: Richmond Acres

Appearance: Black-Backed Jackal who dyed his fur Gray. He has red eyes and has a skinny physique. He wears a Brown collar that has pendant locket shaped like a 9 with a picture of his older Twin Faust. He also wears a long red scarf and has combed head fur. He carries a pouch with strings and a few needles

Personality: Very Grateful. He is very friendly with everyone he meets and very trusting. He is quite sensitive and admires nature and beautiful scenery. He hates fighting and does his best not to argue with everyone. He also very impulsive. Although he likes making friends, he is also shy and tends to keep to himself when he finds something interesting. He is very enthusiastic when it comes to playing sport but he tends to overexert himself when he gets overexcited. Because of this, Faust often has to step in and watch Elliot's pace due to health concerns. Also, Elliot is playful with words. He is also a little naughty and sneaky. Sometimes when Faust isn't looking, Elliot would steal sweets from the snack storage in the house.

Background: Elliot and his older twin Faust we're adopted by travelling artist. They would often travel the world and be exposed to different kinds of cultures. During one of their travels, Elliot was diagnosed with cancer and went through extensive surgery and therapy. After surviving his cancer, their owner decided that it was time to settle down and let Elliot and Faust enjoy a nice and peaceful home and travel less to let Elliot recover.

Other notes:
-Plays the Lyre
-Scared of Thunder
-Incredibly emotional when it comes to dramatic movies
-Quite a sucker for sweets
-Loves to climb high places and stargazing
-Like to paint and doodle
-He likes to sew and he sometimes makes exotic string instruments out of nature.
-He ties Aeolian Harp strings on pretty much anything to confuse Faust on where he is during hide and seek.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L
3 Strength
7 Perception
2 Endurance
7 Charisma
7 Intelligence
7 Agility
9 Luck

Name: Faust Gilgan

Character Type: Main

Species: Side Striped Jackal

Appearance: His fur is dyed a slight red orange. He has blue eyes and a slim yet muscular build. He wears a black collar with a 6 pendant locket with a picture of his younger twin Elliot. He wears a blue short scarf and has scruffy head fur. He keeps a small rucksack on his back with medicine in case Elliot gets sick or injured. He also keeps a little telescope in his rucksack.

Personality: He is often serious and is always cautious. Faust however is very daring when it comes to trying out new things. He's very brave to the point of even trying out disgusting looking exotic food. He is very self conscious and always tries to be the best brother Elliot would ever have. He's always hard on himself and always think of Elliot as his reason to be a better person. Unlike Elliot, Faust always gets straight to the point. He does enjoy playing word games with Elliot but sometimes he gets confused with what his brother tries to say by over-complicating things. He is also quite the worrier. He's not worried about himself though. He does get quite scared if anything threatens Elliot.

Background: Faust and Elliot are like the best brothers in the whole world. They are extremely close and would always do stuff together. Ever since Elliot was diagnosed with cancer, Faust never left him alone no matter what the circumstance was. He was always there for Elliot and always does his best to keep Elliot happy. He evens takes courage for whenever Elliot is frightened and makes sure that any sense of fear and doubt are swept away from Elliot's mind. Faust also often reflects about their life in Kenya before meeting their owner. He remembers a tragedy that befell the twin's and their family.

Other Notes:
-Plays with bongo drums
-Very shy when it comes to talking to girls
-Only trusts people he is close too, especially Elliot
-He also enjoys reading and music but he also likes to dance
-Likes to swim
-Likes to cook
-He always carries a telescope because Elliot always plays hide and seek with him.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L

5 Strength
7 Perception
8 Endurance
5 Charisma
7 Intelligence
7 Agility
3 Luck

Extra notes about the two:
- Their Owner is a travelling Arts investor.
- Both pets have good exposure to Music, Art, Dance and Literature.
- Elliot and Faust spent most of their travels in Ireland.
- These two secretly enjoy doing kids stuff without people knowing like watching Disney movies or playing board games.
- They also learned basic survival skills and location skills during their travels.
- Before Elliot and Faust met their owner, they were orphans from Kenya, Africa. They just happen to met their owner while he was on a tour in Africa.

Edited as of September 23 2013 10:50 P.M. GMT+8
Last edited by 69eist on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:00 am, edited 21 times in total.
My Personas

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

69eist wrote:Um, is there a reference list for moderators? I have a lot of questions to ask since I'm confused by the huge quantity of rules and regulations. Sorry, I just don't want to make any mistakes. This is my first time trying out RP online.
A better answer to this question would be to look at the top of the page, below the section title. That will give you the list of mods WITHIN the RP forum, who CAN answer your questions, as opposed to the globals, who may not know the answer.

As for the character sheet you posted: Think a bit more into the kind of character you want to play, try and make it more like a real person, and expand the personality bits to encompass the various quirks he has, 'cause they're pretty vague and simple right now.
kurowolfe wrote:Well, I guess my campus LAN connection is not so bad after all. So I'm back, I guess.
University internet is actually very fast and very high bandwidth, the only reason it seems slow is there are students on, and they need to constantly reroute connections. I've never heard of anyone buying their own internet when they had it from a University...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
69eist wrote:Um, is there a reference list for moderators? I have a lot of questions to ask since I'm confused by the huge quantity of rules and regulations. Sorry, I just don't want to make any mistakes. This is my first time trying out RP online.
A better answer to this question would be to look at the top of the page, below the section title. That will give you the list of mods WITHIN the RP forum, who CAN answer your questions, as opposed to the globals, who may not know the answer.

As for the character sheet you posted: Think a bit more into the kind of character you want to play, try and make it more like a real person, and expand the personality bits to encompass the various quirks he has, 'cause they're pretty vague and simple right now.
kurowolfe wrote:Well, I guess my campus LAN connection is not so bad after all. So I'm back, I guess.
University internet is actually very fast and very high bandwidth, the only reason it seems slow is there are students on, and they need to constantly reroute connections. I've never heard of anyone buying their own internet when they had it from a University...
Thanks for the advice. I'll try experimenting then.
My Personas

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Name: Houston Gilgan

Species: Peregrine Falcon

Neighborhood: Exotic Acres

Appearance: Celadon colored feathers. He has black eyes and has a slim physique. Wears a white bandana and a grey leg ring. He wears a sleeveless vest with a few stuff in it like his orange goggles.

Personality: Houston's personality is quite carefree and loves risk. He likes to make maps of places and he likes to memorize stuff. He doesn't really bother with anything complicated since he likes keeping things as simple as possible. He hates swimming but he isn't fazed when it's rainy. In fact, he loves it when the weather is harsh for flying. He's a daredevil of the sky and loves to free fall.

Background: Houston owners Jerry Gilgan and Kimberly Gilgan are an airplane pilot and skydiver respectively. They would often go sky diving and entertain tourists and other regular skydivers. Houston really loves the sky, however he gets lonely and sometimes gets depressed about it. They decided that Kimberly and Houston would move to Exotic Acres and Jerry would come visit every few weeks to see how Houston is doing.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

4 Strength
6 Perception
5 Endurance
3 Charisma
5 Intelligence
6 Agility
7 Luck

Has Bird's Flight
Last edited by 69eist on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My Personas

Argent

Post by Argent »

69eist wrote:Name: Houston Gilgan

Appearance: Celadon colored feathers. He has black eyes and has a slim physique. Wears a white bandana and wears white gloves. He wears a sleeveless vest with a few stuff in it like his orange sun glasses.

Personality: Houston's personality is quite carefree and loves risk. He likes to make maps of places and he likes to memorize stuff. He doesn't really bother with anything complicated since he likes keeping things as simple as possible. He hates swimming but he isn't fazed when it's rainy. In fact, he loves it when the weather is harsh for flying. He's a daredevil of the sky and loves to free fall.

Background: Houston

(To be Edited once I get back from class.)
Birds in the HP! universe aren't anthro.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Argent wrote:
69eist wrote:Name: Houston Gilgan

Appearance: Celadon colored feathers. He has black eyes and has a slim physique. Wears a white bandana and wears white gloves. He wears a sleeveless vest with a few stuff in it like his orange sun glasses.

Background: Houston

(To be Edited once I get back from class.)
Birds in the HP! universe aren't anthro.
Thanks for that info. Now, I'll have to come up with something new.
My Personas

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, you can still have a bird. I have a bird, Cedric, a seagull, in 17th Century Fox. They play just like normal characters, only they're still bird-shaped and they have wings instead of hands. So in that sense they are somewhat limited but they're still fun. It's up to you though. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

I'll just roll with the Falcon. Let's see how he does in Exotic Acres. I just feel like I'm missing something with his character.
My Personas

CrystallineWolf

Post by CrystallineWolf »

Ummm.....Does any one know where Hypernovatic went? I'm in three rp groups with Hyper, and I guess I'm just a little worried to see all his characters dropped?
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

yeah I was wondering about that , maybe one of us should try PM him ?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hyper is a guy? I didn't know that.
I don't know where he went. He just disappeared.
Lets all PM him
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I was wondering that too, Crystal.
That's a good idea, serence/Neon.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

nah nah nah only 1 of us should do it , too many people at once could make him/her/I don't know feel uncomfortable
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah. I'm one of the GMs of a roleplay she plays, so I think I shouldn't be bothering her/him.
He/she might not come back.
jk, I'll do it.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

You're probably best for it then, Neon, given that you are a GM. We'll leave it in your capable hands/paws.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I shall reign punishment like NEVER BEFORE!
MWAHAHAHAHA :twisted:
Attachments
flip table.JPG
flip table.JPG (14.18 KiB) Viewed 28161 times
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

suddenly the moon base crashing thing make so much sense ^^"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

You read that?
That's awesome.
Wait, are you apart of my RP?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

nah I'm not , just looking in and out :P
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Slots are still open,
and will remain open until I think we have enough.
and we don't have enough. EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN!
69eist

Post by 69eist »

MrNeonShot wrote:Slots are still open,
and will remain open until I think we have enough.
and we don't have enough. EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN!
What's your RP?
My Personas

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Apollo City.
It takes place in a future where the animal kingdom was almost wiped out.
So humans designed a program to create androids that emulate actual animals.
You can read more about it in the Apollo City OOC.
Link should be on the page before.
Also, Russia was taken over by the mafia.
Link to Apollo City
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

I just want to inform you that I might not be able to log in for a few days, counting from today, due to a long maintenance from my provider. whatever internet I'll have for that time will be the one I'll be able to snatch from my neighbours. Thanks in advance and sorry if I will keep you waiting.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hey guys! I have an announcement that RandomGeekNamedBrent may be unavailable for a short while because he can't access the forums. So... Yeah.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I do believe Apollo City is Pet Friendly, even though it took some characteristics of ARGO.
Should it be listed here?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Esper wrote:Hey guys! I have an announcement that RandomGeekNamedBrent may be unavailable for a short while because he can't access the forums. So... Yeah.
Copper gave me a link to a free proxy service and it bypassed the problem. now I just need to catch up on all of the forums
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Other Dog

Post by The Other Dog »

MrNeonShot wrote:Apollo City.
It takes place in a future where the animal kingdom was almost wiped out.
So humans designed a program to create androids that emulate actual animals.
You can read more about it in the Apollo City OOC.
Link should be on the page before.
Also, Russia was taken over by the mafia.
Link to Apollo City
That seems interesting, I think I'll join in.
ImageImage
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I'll check it out. Apollo city seems interesting.
My Personas

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

If you want, you can post your character sheets here, but I also take sign ups on the OOC.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

As a result of computer issues, xhunterko will be unavailable till further notice.

Valerio, please set aside xhunterko's characters in your game.

RandomGeekNamedBrent, are you able to fill in as GM in xhunterko's absence?

xhunterko wrote:Gulley can just fall asleep again, heh.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm extremely sorry for disappearing all of a sudden, but I'm BACK!! I'll post in the Rp's as soon as possible. Man, IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!! *tackles everyone* Oh! And I won't be on as much as I used to be due to marching band.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

it's alright , welcome back *hug tightly*
CrystallineWolf

Post by CrystallineWolf »

Welcome back! *glomp!*
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Dissension wrote:RandomGeekNamedBrent, are you able to fill in as GM in xhunterko's absence?
I should be able to
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

-pats head- glad your back!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Dissension wrote:RandomGeekNamedBrent, are you able to fill in as GM in xhunterko's absence?
I should be able to
Sweet, that keeps me from doing it. *shot*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Do you RP, Dissention? I think it'd be fun if you did.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)