Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Woo hoo!!

Uh, I mean it's a pity about the weather.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

welcome back Hlaoroo :D , I would say "yay" too , but since you have bad weather and all ^^".........*ahem* anyway , welcome back
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Heh, thanks guys. It's not all bad though. Just means I now have the friends (and my sister) that I was camping with at my place instead of in a tent in the middle of nowhere. Now, where did we put those board games...?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:I'm back a couple of days early due to inclement weather. We got snow, hail, sleet and rain and it's supposed to be summer, for goodness sake! Oh, well. What can you do when Mother Nature throws a tantrum, hey? Thanks to all the guys and girls who managed my characters while I was away. ;)

@69: 17CF has 1 slot open currently. PM me if you're interested. ;)
Maybe Mother Nature just wanted you to experience what those of us north of the equator are experiencing. ;)
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

:lol: That must be it, WG!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

MrNeonShot wrote:“To the graduating class of *cough cough*, we wish you all good luck on your adventures!”
There was a roaring cheer throughout the Pokémon crowd. Parents hugged their children tightly, excited that their children were finished with their academy work.
They were now battle ready.

After all the festivities, the graduated class gathered in a room. Everyone was talking about how their trainer would evolve them to the ultimate state, or, how they would guaranty their trainer all of the gym badges. The volume was at a deafening level. You could barely hear anything in the room.
Finally, the professor slammed his hand on the table. Everyone fell silent.
“Today, you all are assigned a trainer!” He shouted loudly. All the Pokémon cheered at the statement.
Again, he had to control the crowd.
“You all are expecting your trainers to be highly skilled. What you fail to see, is that these trainers are straight out of their own academy!” He explained.
The Pokémon looked at each other quizzically. What did he mean, “New Trainers”? They were supposed to be the best! How are a bunch of newbies going to compete with professional gym trainers?
“You must cooperate with your trainer. He, or she, will train you to be the best that you can be! So, without further ado, I present to you…” The door opened at the left.
A boy in a red hat walked into the room. He wore a red vest and blue jeans, and a pair of old walking sneakers. He didn’t look very adventurous.
“This is Akamaru! He will be the trainer of group Ruby!” The professor announced. There were a couple paw claps, or feather flaps, but nothing much.
Next, a boy in a green headband walked in. This one wore a green vest, fingerless black gloves, and an orange backpack. His hair was black on the sides and back, but white on top. He also wore a pair of running shoes, perfect for adventure.
“This is Emerras! He will be the trainer of group Emerald!” The professor announced. This time, more claps and flaps could be heard through the group. When the clapping stopped, the professor continued.
“And finally, this is Indigo.” A girl with a blue bandana over her head walked into the classroom. She wore a new Pokémon backpack, modeled after a Pikachu. She pulled her right foot behind her left leg, and waved at the group. This sent even more applauding in the room. She had the confidence that all of them wanted in a trainer. Both Akamaru and Emerras crossed their arms in jealousy at the amount of applause she got. She was the popular one of the three. The professor cut off the cheering so he could finish.
“Each Pokémon will be assigned to a trainer. The trainer is in charge of teaching you the skills you require to better yourselves. Your job is to make your trainer proud!” The professor continued.
“Since you’re a beginning group, you will be given small jobs, like delivering letters, or documenting other Pokémon.” The professor drew on the chalkboard examples of what he was saying.
“As you progress in your jobs, and build up your skills, you will be given tougher jobs, such as protecting wealthy businessmen, or defending a mine from wild Pokémon attacks.” He drew a very pathetic group of zigazoons on the blackboard.
“And as you guys have probably guessed, you will participate in Pokémon battles along the way, defeating gym trainers, and other competitions. So, I wish you all the best of luck!”
With that, the professor left the room.
“Hey, don’t you still have to assign the groups?” Emerras called after the old man.
“That’s for you to decide!” The old man called as he walked down the hallway.
Akamaru and Indigo stood awkwardly in front of the group of Pokémon.
“Alright then…” Emerras said as he walked back to join the 2 other trainers.
“Let’s assign teams.” Akamaru added. Suddenly, Indigo jumped on top of the desk and shouted
“Who wants to be a part of team awesome!?!”
-------------
Map:
The map will most likely be the map used in Pokemon: Emerald, with some slight alterations (when I get to it.)
Players:
Players play as any Pokémon they choose, so long as that Pokémon is in its first stage.
For instance, if you want to play as Charizard, you have to start with Charmander.
Teams:
Each Pokémon will be assigned a team. Each team will consist of at least 3 or more Pokémon.
In the beginning, each team will be given a small task. For example,
Team Ruby is sent to catch a zigazoon.
Team Emerald is sent to Catch a starly (That’s a bird, right?)
And Team Sapphire is sent to catch a Magikarp.
The first mission is easy, but as each team grows in skill, the more difficult the mission.
Battles:
I’m not exactly sure how this will work.
My idea is to just have one person regulate the battle, saying if the Pokémon missed or hit, and other such battle situations.
The next suggestion is to use snow tunnels battle system.
But,
When you’re in a battle, make sure you react to what happens.
For instance, if a zigazoon uses tackle, but it misses.
-~-
Zigazoon attempted to jump on the Mudkip, but the mudkip jumed out of the way before he was hit.
-~-
Growlithe lit up the forest with a stream of fire, but the Starley flew up out of his range.
-~-
Tentacool used a supersonic move. The Charmander was hit directly, and became confused.
He looked around with blurry vision, attempted to pounce, but hit the ground rather than his opponent.
-~-
You get the idea.

Tournaments:
I still haven’t figured out the battle system, so tournaments are going to have to wait.
Aaaand I think that’s everything on gameplay. If you have any suggestions, don’t hesitate to speak.

Signing up:
Signing up will be different than my usual way that I do, since there isn’t an OOC. Instead, you’ll do it like normal people and post it here in the Pet Friendly: Main OOC.
-------------------
-Name-
Anything within reason. Keep in mind pets tend to take the last name of their human owners. Though note that simpler names are easier to remember, type out and spell correctly…for the other RP’ers.

-Character Type-
Is this a main character or a guest character?

-Species-
Choose your breed of Pokémon.
Make sure that the Pokémon is in its first stage.
You will have to update it by crossing out your original breed, then adding the evolved form.

-Age-
I don’t think it matters in the Pokémon world, so why should it matter here?

-Neighborhood-
Pokepets!, of course!

-Appearance-
How your character appears, and any bits of clothing it might be often seen wearing; for most pets this is just a collar though. One to three lines should be enough for most…but no more than two paragraphs. Try to let us visualize your character, but keep it concise!
Also, if your Pokémon is a cross bred Pokémon, make sure you say what it looks like.
If you’re really bad at explaining what it looks like (like me), make sure to add a photo of what he looks like.

-Personality-
The bread and butter of Pet Friendly! What is your character like? A fast talker? Slow minded, but strong? Happy and bubbly? It’s really up to you. The general question is: “How does your character act, in public and private?” But keep in mind that some of the best way to show off the character’s personality is through the RP! Keep things concise here.
Keep in mind that some Pokémon aren’t going to act bubbly (e.g, Mewtew)
Oh, and factor in the character’s personality when making the special stats bellow.

-Other Notes-
Any other minor details you want to add about your character. Character Backgrounds are NOT required but if you want to bring up a few important details this is the place to put them. Also keep in mind that characters with a backstory can be easier to write for.

-Battle Stats-
Or, interesting banana for short (giggles)
These stats are exactly what you’ll see in game.
Say that I’m a growlithe.
In the beginning, he’ll have
[Roar] and [Ember]
When he learns new moves, add them to the list.
Your move lists are only 4.

So, if you have a cross breed
you need to factor in what it’ll be able to do.
For instance, If I have an Arcanine mixed with a Ninetales, his moves would be:
[Roar] [Confusion Ray]
[Ember] [Quick Attack]
this is just a rough move list from what I can remember, but this is the idea.

When he’s starting off, he’ll most likely be just a growlithe, because the 2 don’t have a difference in attacks.

-Stats-
This is based off the pokemon stat system.
When a pokemon levels up, it’ll say that it gained some points, making it stronger.
I’ll have to look it up again, but this is what you’ll enter.
You will have to update it every time your character levels up, though.

----------

Alright, so this is all that I could think of.
If anyone has any ideas, go ahead and say them. I’ll need all the help I can get.
I don't really understand the stat system. Could someone please clarify?

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Welcome back Hlaoroo! Sucks about the weather, but hope it was a nice trip nonetheless :D
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:I think it would be like the housepets rules.
Mammals will be anthropomorphic.
Anything else would be their normal look.

To fuse pokemon, here is the website I used.
Pokemon Fusion
I think it covers up to Emerald.

Is there a list of learnable skills for each type of poke'mon?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm going to have to do a lot of research.
I don't really remember the stat system, so I'll have to edit it in when I get to it.

No, I don't have a list of learn able skills.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

-Name-
Retarii
-Character Type-
main

-Species-
eevee

-Age-
unknown

-Neighborhood-
Pokepets!, of course!

-Appearance-
looks like a normal eevee, with black fur on tips of ear and tail due to father being umbreon. he wears a black umbreon colored bandanna around his neck to hold a rarecandy from his mother.
-Personality-
Retarii is a great battle partner as he will work well with all pokemon. he loves to keep people company when there down and will know when to stay out of personall business. he freindly with those he knows but is cautious towards others.

-Other Notes-
Retarii is a special bred pokemon. his father is as well after being raised by a flareon and an umbreon. his mother however is a vaporeon with no special breeding. due to this retarii knew one move from his mother and father and was taught at a young age a third that both knew. he hopes in later to eveolve into a dark version of vaporeon to make both his parent pokemon proud. For an eevee retarii is naturally quick and smart. he likes to read and listen to conversations as well as many other activities.
-Battle Stats-
double team
water gun(from mother)
pursuit(father)
energy ball (learned from both) (not part of CS but i love it when luxray uses energy ball)

-Stats- im making rough calculations from pokemonDB.net by using umbreon, vaporeon, and eevee stats.
HP-60
At-55
def-60
sp. A-50
sp.D-65
SPD-65
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

HP-60
At-55
def-60
sp. A-50
sp.D-65
SPD-65
Yes!
This is the stat system!
Also, I like your character!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

your welcome
if anyone needs help with the stat sytem for there pokemon pm me what the pokemon is and ill find it for you. even if it is a mixed pokemon ill do it as it will be easy to find out.
stats go into categorys
Health points
attack
defense
special attack
special defense
and last speed

an example of a normal pokemon and a mix pokemon will be shown below

vulpix
HP-38
at-41
df-40
sp.atk-50
sp.df-65
spd-65

sanoran (sandshrew and nidoran)
hp-53
at-66
df-67
sp.atk-30
sp.df-35
spd-40
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I just realized something.
a full grown arcanine isn't going to use ember.
He'd use a flamethrower.
*face-palm*
Hotep the psychic

oh lololololol.
i also didnt know if you let me do that on my character so later ill fix the moves.
ImageImageImage
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Welcome back Hlaoroo!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

-name-
Lewis
-character type-
Main
-species-
Riolu
-neighborhood-
Pokepets
-apperance-
Normal riolu, wears leather gauntlets with holes designed for when he evolves.
-personality-
Smart, though modest about it. Likes to think about alternate universes and how the world might have been if something different happened in the past. His life dream is to learn aura sphere.
-other notes-
Has a secret fear of dittos. Is a pure breed, both his parents are lucarios.
-battle stats-
Quick attack
Vacuum wave
(Not sure if we need to have 4 moves)
-stats- using hotep and serebii as average
HP-57
ATK-37
DEF-54
SPA-64
SD-55
SPD-56
Might need to fine tune later.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Name- Jack
Character Type- Main
Species- Eevee
Neighborhood- Pokepets
Appearance- Just your average, run-o'-the-mill shiny eevee with a blue bandana.
Personality- Introverted and nonchalant, Jack quietly observes his surroundings. Although, he tends to sleep often, and he doesn't really enjoy being in hot weather. He may not show it often, but Jack loves his family and would defend them fiercely. Overall Jack sees life as a complicated game, and plans to win it.
Battle stats-
Tail whip
Tackle
Bite
Take Down
Stats- Using pokemonDB
HP:55
Attack:55
Defense:50
Sp. Atk:45
Sp. Def:65
Speed:55

Hope the stats are ok.
Last edited by Kateleo007 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

3 people signed up, excluding me.

Your stats are fine.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hmm, must the Pokemon be quadruped or biped mammal-based ones? Just wondering, because I might be joining.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

-Name-
Ruiki
-Character Type-
Main
-Species-
Absol
-Neighborhood-
Pokepets
-Appearance-
Ruiki looks like a normal Absol, but the fur hanging down the side of her face is black. Her left eye is blue and her right eye is red. Ruiki's tail and claw-thing on the side of her head (don't know what else to call it) are reddish gray. She wears an orange bandanna around her neck.
-Personality-
Ruiki is really nice. She can be too nice sometimes and people will get annoyed with her. Ruiki enjoys making puns. She likes to be around others. She has a hard time explaining things without pictures. Ruiki is very shy around people she doesn't know, but once she gets to know someone she will be very outgoing.
-Battle Stats-
Night Slash(mother)
Scratch
Sucker Punch(father)
Psycho Cutter(mother)
-Stats-
HP-80
ATK-105
DEF-90
SPA-65
SDEF-100
SPD-70

Are we using base stats? If we aren't I can change the attack stat.
I changed it.
Last edited by hypernovatic on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

yeah i was about to say there is no way an absol is like that on his/her base stats. also who are the parents? then ill see if your stats are up to snuff because ive been keeping track of so.
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think the mammal based pokémon will be biped.
Anything else that isn't mammal will be quadruped, if they aren't specifically designed to be biped.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

The mother is an Absol and the father is an Umbreon.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

ok and your an absol......you do know that youd be an eevee right due to the father being umbreon under pokemon breeading? so you would want umbreon as mother and absol as father to be and absol. now ill look up stats and pm you later what it should be k?
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

No the Pokemon that is hatched is always the mother's species. Unless it's a ditto and another Pokemon.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

is there certain species of poke'mon not allowed? like Mew? Legendary's?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I don't know. I think it's a given that legendary's aren't allowed.
I'm not sure about mew, though.
Hotep the psychic

mew is still a legendary. so it would be no. now i would go with more abundant used to be legendarys like arcanine and lucario. even flygon was a legendary but not anymore.
a better question should be if we can use fossil or ancient pokemon like kabuto, omanyte and aerodactyl.
ImageImageImage
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Hotep the psychic wrote:a better question should be if we can use fossil or ancient pokemon like kabuto, omanyte and aerodactyl.
Why not? They wouldn't act modern though, probably more like the typical 'caveman' you see in movies.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Umm... I'm not that versed in pokemon, apparently.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:Umm... I'm not that versed in pokemon, apparently.

I've only seen the show, and a few movies. have never played the games.
Hotep the psychic

seen shows, movies, fandoms and played games.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I have an idea for another character that's a Honedge.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Keeshah wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:Umm... I'm not that versed in pokemon, apparently.

I've only seen the show, and a few movies. have never played the games.
How... Have you never played the games?! D:
As a kid that was basically what I lived off of. I played every single game that came out and beat them all (Beating as in defeating the elite four. Although on Pokémon Emerald and Diamond, I got full level 100s.)
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I've never been interested in Pokemon, never played the games, never read the books, never collected the cards, never seen the movies and never seen the tv shows. Top that. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Hlaoroo wrote:I've never been interested in Pokemon, never played the games, never read the books, never collected the cards, never seen the movies and never seen the tv shows. Top that. :P
What did you do then?
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Played outside with my siblings or played inside with toys. We used our imaginations a lot. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'll make a character for the Pokepets RP, just to help get it going with enough players.

Name
Hayazaki

Character Type
Main

Species
Zigzagoon. Born from a pair of Linoone parents.

Neighborhood
Pokepets

Appearance
Looks like a normal Zigzagoon, with spiky-looking fur patterns. The only discerning feature about him is that he has blue eyes, instead of brown.

Personality
Hayazaki got his name in honour of his father's Trainer, of whom the latter respected very much before passing away due to an accident. He likes to eat Berries very much, but never gotten fat from his large appetite for them. He's very timid and speaks with a squeaky small voice, but give him a Berry and you'll be his friend for life. He loves to run around, especially on grassy terrains, and he loves to play with the friends he has.

Battle Stats
Headbutt
Growl

Stats (edited from Bulbapedia)
HP : 30
Attack : 20
Defense : 40
Sp.Atk : 20
Sp.Def : 30
Speed : 40
Hlaoroo wrote:Played outside with my siblings or played inside with toys. We used our imaginations a lot. ;)
Erm, touche? Anyways, there's no harm if you don't know anything about Pokemon. It's not like your life depends on it xD

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Happiness Designer

Hlaoroo wrote:Played outside with my siblings or played inside with toys. We used our imaginations a lot. ;)
My siblings and I didn't get along very well, so we didn't play much together. I mainly read and played games alone or with my parents.
~ Colors are good. ~
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I wanted to make a second character sheet so I made one for a Honedge.
-Name-
Kingdom Key (KK or Key) (Yes I actually named my Honedge this in Pokemon X)
-Character Type-
Main
-Species-
Honedge
-Appearance-
Key looks like a normal Honedge, but his arm is red instead of blue. His eye is green.
-Personality-
Key is very nice, but he will get very mad if someone picks him up and swings him like a sword. He enjoys being around others. Key enjoys solving puzzles.
-Other Notes-
His parents are both Aegislash
-Battle Stats-
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword (Father)
Iron Head (Mother)
Shadow Claw (Father)
-Stats- From Bulbapedia
HP:45
ATK:80
DEF:100
SPATK:35