Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Ok, so I finally got my idea for a character in Yorkshire Fields built into to someting usable! Here it is, starting with bios for her (yes, I made a female for once) parents, because they are important.
Parent bios.
Names: William and Simone Book
Species: Human, duh.

Bio: William and Simone both work for the United States Department of Animal Services, but in their youth, they worked against it. Allow me to explain: William and Simone became political activists for pet-rights straight out of High School, because of a part of their past which they hold personally important: they are both descended from former slaves. They saw the mistreatment of animals in some of the situations which were rampant in the 70s as not being far from the slavery their ancestors had been subjected to, and having grown up in the 50s and 60s, became activists for animal rights. Over the years, they and their comrades at what is now known as the ASPCA were able to enact legislation which changed the way animals were treated. As they aged and calmed, the Books became less interested in changing the laws, and more interested in enforcing the ones they'd created correctly. It was for this reason that in the 1990s, they left their jobs at the ASPCA's Chicago division and went to work for the US Government.

About 2 years ago, they were working on a case with a massive circus which had reportedly been buying illegally captured wild animals off the black market and abusively turning them into circus acts. After a long investigation, the circus was closed down and the animals were rehabilitated and either released into the wild or taken to zoos and sanctuaries to spend the remainder of their lives.... except one. A raccoon which the circus had named 'Tatiana', not even 4 years old, had no known family and was completely incapable of being fully rehabilitated in the time-frame they were given. Tatiana was afraid of ll humans who worked with her at first, but eventually warmed up to the Books, who decided to adopt her so she could grow up as a pet in a safe environment, and because they felt lonely after their children had moved out and had children of their own. They renamed her Tiara to help her transition to her new life.

Recent activity in Yorkshire Fields have prompted both the US DAS and the ASPCA to increase their presence in Yorkshire, so the Books jumped at the chance to move there and get in on the action, taking Tiara with them.
And now for Tiara herself
Name - Tiara Book
Species - Raccoon (North American)
Age - 14 (4 human years)
Gender - Female
Neighborhood - Yorkshire Fields

Appearance - Gray and brown, North American Raccoon. She has a bit of old scarring on her, and has been artificially aged through abuse, but most of that is well healed after a year of having kind owners who make sure she's comfortable. Her collar is pink with a heart shaped tag (which her parents got to remind her that she is loved <3), and she wears a pink bow on her head. Tiara clearly tries to look pretty, though she has to make due with damaged ears and thinned fur, which she is very self-conscious of.
( PICTURE! )

Personality - Tiara is extremely shy and timid, having been a circus animal who was broken down and forced to do tricks for people's amusement. If you warm up to her, you might find that she's actually a very sweet person who enjoys playing outside and, if it weren't for her traumatic past, might actually have been very adventurous and assertive. She loves her parents, and is now secure enough about living with them, but she afraid when it comes to meeting new people, both humans and animals.

Other Notes:
- Tiara cannot remember anything before the circus, and is very sensitive about anything that happened before she was rescued. She will tell people what happened, but she doesn't like to go into any level of detail as to what happened to her at the zoo.
- Tiara is phobic of the following things: weapons (esp guns and whips), pies, small circular-pools, small cars, clowns, tophats, mustaches, large circles, water guns, water balloons, hoses (getting over that one), fire, tents, cages, wagons, carnival music, crowds, and electricity (zapping noises especially)
- Also very uncomfortable around rodents.
- Favorite Author is Maya Angelou.

SPECIAL - Str = 5; Per = 7; End = 5; Cha = 4; Int = 7; Agl = 7; Luk = 7;
Strengths and Weaknesses:
Strength: Tiara is a voracious reader and thus, knows alot of random facts.
Strength: The Books have a good deal of power with the US Department of Animal Services and the ASPCA and usually know just who to talk to and what to do in a situation involving those groups.
Weakness: Tiara is extremely shy and easily scared because of her past as an abused circus animal.
Weakness: Ok, to be a bit more specific, she has a level of PTSD and will freak out if you excite her in the wrong way.
Neutral: Tiara is being raised like a human child by extremely old parents.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sat May 14, 2011 3:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Work-in-progress
Name - Flash-Gordon
Species - Coyote, awooo!!!
Age - over 21 pet (at least 6 human)
Gender - Male

Appearance - Flash is a typical yellow coyote who wears a red collar with a silver Rocket-Ship tag and another yellow one labeled "Dangerous Animal - Level 2". He also wears an chrome and dark-blue jacket which looks like it's out of a corny old sci-fi film. He looks a bit aged from being a wild animal, but always has a youthful twinkle in his eye.
(( PICTURE (Traced from Tiger) ))

Personality - YEAH! IT'S FLASH GORDON! DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE! PYEW PYEW PYEW ZAMMO!!! Flash-Gordon is probably one of the wackiest wild animals you will EVER encounter. He's been a BIG fan of sci-fi from a very young age (hence his chosen name). Flash is ridiculous, immature, and goofy enough to make you wonder how he EVER survived in the wild and actually managed to find a mate and have kids. Underneath it all, he's really a nice person with no sad history or anything like that, he's just a fun guy!

Other Notes:
- Was adopted with his family as pets by an ASPCA member named Phil Lakeman when his burrow was developed over to build a parking lot for the rapidly expanding Yorkshire. (Flash calls him Mr Phil)
- Very hyperactive for a reader.
- Loves Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels, especially goofy old comic books.
- Also loves hanging his entire body out moving car windows to scream things, playing in traffic, eating, running, jumping, screaming, drooling, climbing, falling, and anything else I didn't think of.
- Whee!

SPECIAL - Str = 6; Per = 5; End = 7; Cha = 5; Int = 7; Agl = 7; Luk = 5;
Strengths and Weaknesses:
Strength: Always optimistic, happy, and confident, even when that's a bad idea.
Weakness: Always optimistic, happy, and confident, even when that's a bad idea.
Neutral: Wild Animal, sees himself as a non-pet who belongs to no-one: Mr Phil is just a nice guy providing him with lodging for no apparent reason.
for his color, I would like #404080

Oh, I mentioned his Mate in there. Here's her sheet:
Name: Cupcakes
Species: North American Coyote
Age - over 21 pet (at least 6 human)
Gender - Female

Appearance: Female version of Flash with a black collar with a yellow and white cupcake tag as well as an orange one labeled "Dangerous Animal - Level 3", which she doesn't mind being seen with.

Personality: Despite her name, Cupcakes is alot more serious and aggressive than her mate (that'd be Flash). It's not entirely clear why she's with him, but they have a very strong relationship. (if she gets mad, Flash can always do something silly to make her laugh) She picked her name because she really likes cupcakes.

SPECIAL - Str = 8; Per = 6; End = 7; Cha = 5; Int = 5; Agl = 7; Luk = 5;
For Cupcakes, I think I want #FF8000.

And the puppies:
Names: They can barely even talk yet, let alone get names.
Ages: turned 1 in the spring
Genders: 2 male, 2 female

SPECIAL - Str = 3; Per = 4; End = 4; Cha = 2; Int = 5; Agl = 4; Luk = 5; (All average/approximate)
Note: Flash, and especially Cupcakes are protective of their children, and only let people they both trust see them.

And the "caretaker" -
Name: Phillip Lakeman

Bio: Pretty much an average guy. He was looking for a new dog after his old one died of old age when he came across a scared Coyote (Flash Gordon) and decided to adopt him and give him a good home. That was when he learned that the coyote had a family, so he bailed them all out and is keeping them in his apartment until they can be relocated.
A note about Undomesticated Animal Danger levels (for those who don't know them)
- Level 1 is a non-threat, which may attack, but can't hurt you badly.
- Level 2 could attack you if provoked, but isn't likely to if you aren't doing anything.
- Level 3 might actually attack you if you make the wrong move in its enclosure, but isn't going to kill you just for being there.
- Level 4 is known to attack any unfamiliar animal in its enclosure.

Flash is level 2 because he has been shown to be willing to attack humans who do something like, oh say, paving over his den to build a parking lot. Cupcakes is level 3 because she'll take that a step further when you throw her pack in the back of the Animal Control truck for "relocation".
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Does anyone think there should be a neighborhood or whatever where most of the people live in Beach houses?
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Hey everybody, I know I've been kind of iffy about posting and everything lately. I apologize and say that I haven't had much of an opportunity to post with the new semester starting, however I won't be able to post regularly for awhile longer. So I am hereby announcing officially that I will be taking temporary leave of all of the RPs I'm in. If people feel that I should be removed entirely I understand since I don't know when I'll be able to post again. I would only request that if you do remove me entirely that somebody take control of my characters so I can read when I have the chance to get online again.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Post by BlueAnubis »

Name: Sasha Dostia

Species: Siberian husky

Neighborhood: Oasis Towers

-Appearance-
Sasha is black and white with icy blue eyes, four feet tall, has a curly tail, and quite muscular. Her main distinguishing feature is that she only has one hand. Her right arm is missing from the middle of the forearm on down. Her tag is a small Matryoshka doll (Russian nesting doll).

-Personality-
Sasha is upbeat, friendly, and perpetually happy. She never lets the fact that she has one arm keep her from doing anything (except perhaps juggling). She is fiercely loyal and will readily risk life and limb to protect anyone, whether she knows them or not. She is kind and friendly to almost everyone. The only thing she cannot abide is someone who knowingly uses or hurts someone for personal gain or entertainment.

-Notes-

-Sasha lost her forearm in a farming accident with a plough when she was two years old. She has a few prosthetics, but she does not like wearing them.

-She lived in Russia for the first three years of her life and speaks fluent Russian. She speaks with an accent and her English is sometimes shaky.

-She is a big fan of Anime with Russian subtitles, especially Fullmetal Alchemist. She wishes she had a fully articulate prosthetic like Edward Elrich’s.

-On occasion, she will make Yakov Smirnoff jokes. Though, the way she words them, some people do not realize she is making a joke ("Where I am from, TV watches you").

-Sasha’s dad, Demitri, has just opened a restaurant, Shashlyk, which serves Russian cuisine. Sasha will sometimes work there when she is needed.

-Her apartment is always very cold. She is not fond of high temperatures, though she has started to become more accustomed to them.

-She has extreme arachnophobia, to the point of swinging and throwing large, heavy objects at even the tiniest spider.

-SPECIAL-
S. 10
P. 7
E. 7
C. 6
I. 5
A. 3
L. 4
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Name: Rendak Darkgale

Character Type: Main

Species: Dog (Siberian Husky)

Neighborhood: Radiant Gardens

Appearance: Wears a purple collar with a black crystal hanging from it. He is slightly taller than the average height for a dog his age. Has a scholar-like build, which fits his personality. He carries around his favorite book all of the time; He is almost never seen without it. He has a small pair of round glasses that stays on the tip of his muzzle. He can be occasionally seen wearing gloves. He is black furred and has white belly fur. He has almost no muscle and isn't very powerful.

Personality: Rendak is an introvert who likes watching people and has trouble talking to them, as he doesn't talk much. He is super intelligent and self-capable. He desperately wants a friend, but doesn't realize it himself, he also doesn't get himself across well to others. He like to sit by himself and watch the starts at night as it puts his frequently thinking mind at peace.

SPECIAL:
S-2
P-9
E-3
C-3
I-10
A-7
L-8

Other: Likes to sit under a lone tree on top of a hill and read or stargaze
Is a Homosexual
A very frequent reader
He dislikes when there is alot of noise around him or in his general area
Is prone to spacing out and getting lost in deep thought
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

So, I'm gonna try a Fancharacter. Here goes.

Name: Paige Turner

Species: Cat

Breed: Austrailian Mist

Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

Char Type: Main

Nutshell Description: A young geek with a realistic attitude, and a special love for all things about space.

Personal Quote: "I swear to you, I will be the first cat in space."

Appearance: Paige fur is a light blue-grey with darker grey spots covering it, and eyes a cerulean blue. His tail is unusually short, only reaching to the middle of his back, and is permanently broken at the tip from an early mishap. His collar is a lavender color, with a miniature Saturn as it's tag. He wears a pair of lavender-rimmed glasses, as well, and is almost never seen without a book in hand. He has four stray hairs coming out of the front of his head.

Personality: Paige is often misunderstood as a pessimist, when in truth, he just sees the reality in each and every situation. He loves reading, although he takes his time- if he finished every book there was, what else would be left to read?- and has (although he won't tell anyone) written a few fanfictions.

Another thing that Paige absolutely loves is space. The stars, the moon, the other planets (Including Pluto)... He wants to see it all up close and personal some day. He's made it his goal to become the first pet (or at least the cat) in space. Despite his realist attitude, he is a firm believer of other universes, and lifeforms on other planets, saying that it has yet to be disproven.

Paige isn't the social butterfly of the neighborhood, but that doesn't mean he won't hang out with friends, or that he's lonely; However, he sucks at most forms of physical activity, such as sports, and would rather curl in the shade and read. He can't bring himself to lie, usually stuttering when he tries, yet can very easily pick one out from extensive "tell-looking."

Background w/ spoilers: Paige was born into a litter of one. A sickly mother, and a long gone father, he was frail and lonely, hiding most of the time. After his mother's passing, he quickly ran afoul of a gang of dogs, who showed him where he was supposed to be: at there mercy. He got used to this, until the day for his escape came. A moving truck, with the back open, blessed his eye, and he climbed in, not knowing where it was headed.

Other Notes
-His glasses aren't for looks- without them, he's almost blind.
-Although a realist, he believes quite a bit in luck, or, as he calls it, "karma."
-His Saturn tag is actually part of a miniature solar system back home. They aren't tags; Paige had it specially adapted.
-He may be able to tell when your lying, but Paige knows a good deal. While he's always willing to help friends, he's also willing to do buisness with 'enemies' for the right price.

SPECIAL
STR- 4 ("Please don't pick me, please don't pick me, PLEASE DON'T PICK ME!")
PER- 7 ("I've done plenty of research on your "products"... Yeah, I'd rather not lose my fur.")
END- 6 ("I've had my fair share of bullying, so a bit of tolerance was needed.")
CHA- 4 ("Well, um, funny story about that...")
INT- 10 ("What'd you think I got from reading books, Calcium?")
AGI- 4 ("Just need to run to the library real quick, dad!")
LUC- 7 ("Oh my... A quarter! I can by that telescope now!")
Last edited by Pecan on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Could a robot be a usable character? You know with artificial intelligence? And an anthropomorphic figure?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

p33wii wrote:Could a robot be a usable character? You know with artificial intelligence? And an anthropomorphic figure?
Sorry, but no. The only neighborhood that would even consider it is Radiant Gardens, and i don't want robots there.
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Don't be sorry, it was only hypothetical.
I have already thought of a few interesting aspects of luck to apply to a character but robots aren't lucky.
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Just wondering, can you put a history?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Cesium wrote:Name: Cesium Winters
Species: Arctic Fox, Male
Neighborhood: Yorkshire Fields
Type: Main Character

-Appearance-
Cesium stands at 2’6” measures 3’ long from snout to tail. He has a highly smooth, but not slippery, pure white fur and would perfectly blend with the fresh winter snow if not for his aquamarine eyes. The puff of his fur makes him look twice as large as he actually is.

Genetic experimentation bestowed upon him a semi-prehensile tail and highly sensitive ears. This sensitivity caused the hairs on his ears to grow longer than other arctic foxes and other than a rough outline from the bulge from his head, his ears are invisible to casual onlookers.

Always wears snow white turtle neck shirts paired with similarly colored slacks. Wears a white “reverse-shock” collar with a “55” tag made of inert cesium. Goes out in different headgears that allows him to protect his sensitive ears, usually giving him a comic appearance due to Glacier's silly attitude of leaving him silly headgears.

-Personality-
In the laboratory, Cesium preferred reading books, though more on e-books than actual books. When the other foxes played he was usually found noting down the actions of the other foxes, so detailed that the scientist sometimes use these observation when formulating a new diet plan.

He is also very fond of mimicry, which is especially frowned upon by the scientists when he publicized their passwords by the iteration of it in “Notepad”.

In Yorkshire, he is applying friendliness from a synthesis of knowledge based on the books he had read about being friendly.

-Backstory-
Cesium grew up in a laboratory that specializes in genetic engineering. He was the 55th modified fox from the lab and was named after the 55th element of the periodic table. No sooner after he learned to walk did he start showing interest in reading, surprising his experimenters as he had already picked up the English language by then. The head of the laboratory and his would be owner Glacier Winters, took an interest in him and personally took care of him, even taking him home to accompany him in his (Glacier's) lonely nights. He was officially handed over to Glacier seventeen years after he was born when the laboratory finished the research and went on to its next project. Glacier retired shortly after at an early age of 56 and travelled around the world with Cesium before finally settling down at Yorkshire Fields.

Other Notes:
-His shirts are actually flexible repeaters, all of it charges with radio waves.
-Is scentless except for a constantly minty fresh breath, thanks to the inane amount of Mentos he eats.
- Rarely leaves the house without a bag of Mentos mint.
-Eats his Mentos by popping the packet and shooting the candy straight into his mouth, usually eating three at a time.
-Dislikes getting nicknames.
-Does not act his age.
-A hair away from being mysophobic.

S - 3 Quote: “What do you mean it’s just fifteen pounds?!?”
P - 4 [Eyesight - 5 ; Sensitivity - 7 ; Taste - 2 ; Smell - 4 ; Hearing - Out of range (not factored)]
E - 2
C - 3
I - 10
A - 4
L - 10

Notes on Perception stat:
Eyesight - Too much video games, late "lights-off" studying, not eating carrots.He has no trouble following those that he can see, but he's extremely myopic and can only clearly distinguish things two feet away. Wearing glasses makes his sight range "normal".
Sensitivity - Improved due to having bad senses and nullified hearing due to his caps.
Taste - Almost completely destroyed his taste buds after eating his 1,000,000th Mentos.
Smell - Having only clean air for so long makes it too sensitive to be effective.
Hearing - *Not-so-Natural Advantage*, Can perform high-level, complex SODAR when he fully exposes his ear. Outperforms all other known animals in this catagory. Can visualize the appearance of pets 10 meters away from him by humming a constant sound in their direction. */Not-so-Natural Advantage*. Faints at anything louder as loud or louder than a car horn when his ears are covered by nothing except his hair, he is stunned by normal conversations when they are exposed.

Notes on Agility stat:
Although he has good hand-eye coordination and reflexes, the stat is heavily penalized by his incapability on other parts of his body. Thus he would be good at "physical activities" that only involves the use of his hands.

-Housing Info-
1st Floor
- White hallway is a sterilization chamber. It can comically reach speeds of up to 130 mph, although it is automatically regulated at 70 mph.
- The kitchen is one meter above the rest of the floor.
- The protrusion at the front is Lacooni's office.
2nd Floor
- Although the sauna is open, the heat stays inside due to its curious engineering.
- There is a folding ironing board between the Washing Machine and Dryer in the Preparation Room.
- The white rectangles in the Preparation Room are wide-slot pigeon hole racks.
- The swimming pool does not have chlorination, though it is constantly filtered and is actually safe to drink from.
- Although not indicated, there are showers in the swimming pool room.
- The white floors are actually just covered in fake snow.
3rd Floor
- Yes, that is cake! It's actually a cake-pie. The snacks are constantly replaced every 6 AM and 6 PM.
- The walls of the walk-in closet are mirrors.
- The giant drawer in the bedroom has various items from all over the world.
- There's a giant skylight over the den.
Basement
- The pantry is easily a maze with all the foodstuff stocked inside.
- The cold storage is well lit, but only when the door is open.
- Strange noises can be heard if one stays in the wine cellar for too long.
- The machine room contains the air conditioning units, valves, circuit breakers, etc.
- The house also has 4 live-in employees. A chef, a maid, a butler and a technician.
Glacier wrote:Name: Glacier Winters
Species: Icelander (Human), Male
Type: Owner

-Appearance-
Glacier stands 5'11.5", has a medium-strong build and at first glance can be confused for an albino, though his green eyes say he's not. He is constantly found wearing a white gentleman's suit, whether at work, taking a stroll, or working out. He wears a classic white trillby, which Cesium confuses for a fedora, with a large ostrich pinion strapped to the right of the hat. (This makes the hat looks terribly unbalanced, but he insists it keeps it balanced.)

Glacier has fine, straight, white hair that appears blue in the shade. He's quite proud of it and had already grew it to his waist. He shaves regularly despite having yet to grow the first sign of a mustache or a beard. He always keeps himself well-groomed that not a speck of dirt can be found on his nails, nor will there be a hair growing from anywhere but his head. He does not, however, prepare against stains.

-Personality-
In short, weird. To justify, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.

He believes animals have a higher standing against humans in the natural order and treats others as so, normally referring to the pet to introduce their masters. He treats pets with high regard and awards masters with money for being "nice" during meetings. This belief, however, makes him look at people with no pets as wild and he practices extreme caution around the "wild" people.

He almost always accepts animals with nowhere to go (or wants to go nowhere) with free food and lodging (if not a house, a bed if there are no free rooms). He never bothers to ask if the animal is a pet or not as he just treats all animals the same, with the exception of Cesium as he treats Cesium like his child and raises him the "hard way" just as his father had raised him. When confronted with the matter, he always replies: "It may seem cruel and unfair, but it builds character."

He does not forget that he is human as well though. This can be easily seen during formal events where he transforms to a highly dignified gentleman that respects human laws and culture.

To those who understand him, he is an energetic, fun-loving, generous though misguided person.

Other Notes:
-Has a Ph.D in Genetics, Biology and Veterinary Medicine, and an MS in Zoology and Animal Psychology.
-Prints anything on black paper with white ink.
-Never carries a bill below $50.
-Is a self-defense expert.
-Implanted a pinpoint GPS system into Cesium without Cesium's knowledge.

-Housing Info-
-Lives next door to Cesium.
-House is similar to Cesium's except for some "oddities".
-The first floor of his house appears to be a clinic.
-Floors 2 and 3 have metal shutters in addition to blinds.
-The stairs to his second floor and basement are locked.
Lacooni wrote:Name: Lacooni
Species: Ferret
Type: Secondary Character

-Appearance-
An unusual ferret that dresses in a bartender outfit, black slacks and polished black leather shoes. His fur is brown with a peach face that extends all the way down to his belly. He's a bit shorter than most ferrets.

-Personality-
On the rare times one would be able to find Lacooni, he is often found in Cesium Winters' home, though occasionally he'll be seen tending to the vertical greenhouse in the backyard. He gets along very well with Glacier though their relationship appears similar to that of mafioso brothers. He also has a tendency to be "conveniently" be in the right place and the right time, but this peculiar convenience is usually only when it benefits him.

He dislikes being treated as a pet and appears to have a human-like body as he consumes non-pet-safe goods without side effects, particularly enjoying a fine drink with members of the human elite.

Whenever he goes out, he wears a thick, white faux fur lined black jacket which he leaves open.

-Backstory-
The very first plane Glacier took Cesium on was also the same place the two met Lacooni, a strange ferret that has a tendency to be creepy in how he fast puts together information. Despite being in the same social status as the Winters, Lacooni was often proposing to share a room with the Winters. At first he was denied but after travelling around "coincidentally" to the same places, Glacier eventually accepted his propositions and Cesium got his first friend.

Lacooni is an inventor by trade, though he would be classified more as a researcher with all of his shadow sponsors who constantly funds him and bids on his works.

Other Notes:
- Is an inventor?
- Has an unusual ability to get hold of information.
- Is not a pet and holds a foreign citizenship. (He pays taxes too.)
- Is harder to contain than a greased lockpicking ferret on a sugar high.
- Is quite skilled in Parkour.
- Appears to be practicing a high-leveled multiple katana style.
- Appears nice and friendly.

S-4
P-7
E-5
C-3
I-10
A-6
L-7

Notes on Charisma stat:
Despite his Charisma being listed as very low, Lacooni is a really good liar and with no tells when he's lying. The stat is low due to the fact that he sounds like he's lying all the time, nor does he defend if he's telling the truth or not. He also has a tendency to throw around things others wouldn't know about, usually using things like secrets and conditions to intentionally silence others.
Edit (08/15/11):
1) Edited the 1st floor and basement pictures due to lack of doors.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:46 am, edited 46 times in total.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Nice character, will probably make a great addition to YsF. However, I'm confused when it comes to his age. Is it 17 human years or pet years? Since 17 human years would make him... 59.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Edited age and added a new note.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Hypergenesis wrote:Am I an acceptable Pet? (After reading this for the fourth time, proofreading :P, I find it absolutely creepy. . .)
I honestly don't think he fits in.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

ctcmjh wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:Am I an acceptable Pet? (After reading this for the fourth time, proofreading :P, I find it absolutely creepy. . .)
Perhaps it's the rebreather (mask)
, honestly thats the only thing I find very off-putting abojt him.....okay not the only thing, but he'd most likely seem less off if he didnt have a mask or ate Mentos by inserting the roll into the snout of the mask.
I think more of a white ''Darth Vader'' rather than Pyro after reading the entire bio over several times, not sure if thats good or bad for you HyperGenesis
also LAWL, at ''doesnt act his age''
The more I read this page and Yorkshire fields, itmakes me want to RP there xD
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Rendak wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:
Perhaps it's the rebreather (mask)
, honestly thats the only thing I find very off-putting abojt him.....okay not the only thing, but he'd most likely seem lss off if he didnt have a msk or ate Mentos by inserting the roll into the snout of the mask.
also LAWL, at ''doesnt act his age''
The more I read this paGe and Yorkshire fields, itmakes me want to RP there xD
Well, I until I think of a better way for him to go around town (being allergic to unsterilized air, or practically any type of air), I think I have to stick with the mask.

Mentos is his "medication", I already used him a bit and you can see (read) what I mean by that.

I know it's not my place to say this (hopefully I can truly add yet to this post someday), but I like to say it anyway.
"The more, The merrier."
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Ah, well, perhaps I can help you come up with an idea that doesnt make him look like a pyro (or darth vader as Im getting the feeling of xD)
I read those posts, Mentos calm him quite a bit, I didnt say I had a problem with the Mentos, what I said went along with the mask thing, that if he ate them regularly(was able to rather) he would seem less off.

If I can get into Yorkshire fields, I know the perfect 2 characters to use :D

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

I'll go ponder it in my sleep later, hopefully by tomorrow I'll find an alternative which doesn't involve gun injections.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Well alright then, perhaps if he wore some kind of air recycling system (like a backpakc mabye) that created his own little personal bubble of sterelized air?

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

I didn't want bubbles in the first place so I didn't go for it.
I hate the idea of a self contained iron lung, too nasty.
I didn't want tubes as he'll look grossly old.

I realized I watched DRRR! one too many times though.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

I meant bubble figuratively, you know, like his own area around him if sterilized air.
Errrr....are you just sating what you didnt want, I dont remember mentioning tubes.
The base od my idea is it's just a machine that takes un-csterile air in a certain radius, takes it in, and disperses sterilized air In that same radius

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Yes, I was talking about the sterilized bubble. No interactions, sad.

Basically I was listing some of the rejected ideas that came into my mind when I made him.

I was already told "Too high-tech", and a free air sterilizer is too high tech.

I'm sure the repeater shirt is new but not exactly state-of-the-art as I have a handheld Modem/Router.
Rebreathers are available in many countries, though a bit bigger.
Maybe I'll just have him take medication, but then that's almost a sure flag for the Drug of Life and Death drama.
Something else. . . Before I have to go with prescription that is.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Ah right
Oh, okay, I got a little confused there
Bah, I would say a bit about too-high tehch but I'd rather not start wording mh opinion. Wait? Then how is a wrist computer acceptable?
Medication sounds like an okay idea, although im still going to be thinking

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Look at what happened to it. Hee hee hee, I'm so nasty to Cesium, and I cried dry tears for my invention, both of them.

Oh, and he doesn't wear his mask at home, Glacier "fixed" (since it's more like rigged) the air conditioner.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Alas, the poor device....although im not exactly sure how i broke, mabye im not reading into it enough.
Poor Cesium

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Ever had your watch suddenly hit something (very hard in my cases) when you get surprised?

That kind of damage is enough to smash the LCD out of a laptop, what more to the wristtop?
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now I know.
I like the name wristtop, not entirely sure why though. hmmmm.....I seem to have forgotten what I was going to say. within the automobile!

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Rendak wrote:Ah, well, perhaps I can help you come up with an idea that doesnt make him look like a pyro (or darth vader as Im getting the feeling of xD)
Thought of one, feasible, logical and completely natural way to remove it. Just waiting for YsF to enter Day 2.

*UPDATE*
Additional changes made.
Lowered P to 4, see above for details.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Just wondering can you put a history?
Or include the military?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

p33wii wrote:Just wondering can you put a history?
Or include the military?
A lot of people are putting histories/backgrounds with their character. You may choose to reveal it during events before posting it as well.

I think you may put in the military, but expect criticism when you put in something not-so-acceptable.
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Right, thank you.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Guys... I don't find RPing to be appealing anymore to me. At all. It all started with Richardson Valley - it has always been my most favorite RP, but it died long ago. A few people are still trying to keep it alive, but it's not working. Since my both characters there are interacting with Kalvin's characters, who is gone, I won't have trouble quitting it.
Next is Oasis Towers. I'm afraid I can't leave that one, because of Neko's character, and it WAS my request. I can't let him down. But if I'm correct, that RP on it's whole will die out soon, just like RV. I'll stay in this one, but I'm afraid not for too long.
And finally, Yorkshire Fields. That RP is still a little fun for me, but it's moving WAAAY too fast for me. Once the day there is over, I'll quit it.

So yeah... sorry.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Awww!! D:
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Awww as well ° o°, hope it can appeal to you again in the future.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

That is a big step Alex, I hope you will not have regrets. :( I really need to join one. >_<
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I said it before, but I will say it again:

I. WILL. MISS. YOU. ALEEEEX!

I hope you will have fun with whatever else you do!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Well, it was fun rp'ing with you Alex. I'm sure we'll have fun in the forums somewhere else.
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

This is the first draft for my character James, please tell me if he is too far-fetched or won't be accepted.
Name: James Van'Gamert

Species: Wolf ( Eurasian)

Neighborhood: No idea (suggestions?)

-Appearance-
When you think of an average wolf this is what you immediately think of. Dark grey fur, blue eyes and average figure. Contributed to the fact that he was taught to not be seen in a crowd, or anywhere. He doesn't wear a collar but has a patch under his neck that shows he is part of the covert operations police squad.

-Personality-
James can be seen as slightly anti-social but it always seems as though he is watching you. He dislikes rowdy people or pets and always flinches around loud noises. He barely ever comes to meetings or social events, or so it seems, and can nearly always be seen researching.

Other notes:
- He has been deemed smart, even on human standards.
- James speaks fluently English, Russian, German and is learning Japanese.
- Many think the term "lone wolf" was modeled off James.
- He can pick locks with his claws.
- He has photographic memory.
- He was a specialized soldier but the r(a?).s.p.c.a. released him before anything happened that endangered him.

Special:
Str-2
Per-10
end-8
cha-2
int-10
agi-8
luk-2

Pros/cons

Pro: James has memorized a lot of wikipedia.
Pro: James has contacts in different countries because he used to be part of the specialized soldier squad.
Neutral: James can't feel pain because of an obscure medical condition. (After research I found that this is possible without losing all sensation.)
Con: James can't make friends easily.
Con: James doesn't know his parents.
After making this I noticed that one of Ciphers characters was similar so please don't make fun of James being far-fetched as well.
Last edited by p33wii on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Alex wrote:Guys... I don't find RPing to be appealing anymore to me. At all. It all started with Richardson Valley - it has always been my most favorite RP, but it died long ago. A few people are still trying to keep it alive, but it's not working. Since my both characters there are interacting with Kalvin's characters, who is gone, I won't have trouble quitting it.
Next is Oasis Towers. I'm afraid I can't leave that one, because of Neko's character, and it WAS my request. I can't let him down. But if I'm correct, that RP on it's whole will die out soon, just like RV. I'll stay in this one, but I'm afraid not for too long.
And finally, Yorkshire Fields. That RP is still a little fun for me, but it's moving WAAAY too fast for me. Once the day there is over, I'll quit it.

So yeah... sorry.

I wish I knew who Alex was.