Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yes. because we're waiting on someone that I can't seem to get ahold of.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Game

Post by The Game »

Okay. I should have a post concerning Alana's fate soon :)
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

There's slightly more changes in Varg and Rion other than just the last name. Also their background and status. But as Brent said, they'll have both the new and their old memories in a nice mix-up. Also - welcome back, Game.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
The Game

Post by The Game »

Are Varg and Alana still an almost-sorta-very-close-to-being-a couple? And since Alana isn't in this new day, should I have her arrive at Alex's house (assuming they've met; I don't remember) or what?

EDIT: Ignore everything I just said. I figured it out.

EDIT THE SECOND: Okay, since I'm not as smart as I thought I was five minutes ago, where is everyone and where/how would it be appropriate for Alana to appear?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well, just wake up, find the invitation Alexander sent to every pet in YsF, and show up at his house.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hey The Game!

Welcome back!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:yes. because we're waiting on someone that I can't seem to get ahold of.
You mean, Simple Things?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
The Moon Howler

That, sir, is exact answer!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

First off: Welcome back The Game! It's great to see you return!

Secondly: Finals are now over with for me. So now, I'm free to post to my hearts content. I'm going to rest for tonight, but I will try to catch up with everything tomorrow. Very sorry for leaving you all in the loop!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ctcmjh wrote:Secondly: Finals are now over with for me. So now, I'm free to post to my hearts content. I'm going to rest for tonight, but I will try to catch up with everything tomorrow. Very sorry for leaving you all in the loop!
So... Are you going to post in GC? 'Cause you might want to do that... Seeing as there's so much death going on...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Welcome back, Game, and I'm back as well. Just... not so much so on weekends, like always.
The Game

Post by The Game »

hello again Ctc and Housefox! Long time no see.

@Housefox: Are you still a part of Blue Peak Shore?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Will you be coming back to Sunset Plateau if your allowed back in The Game?

@ctmjh: ^^
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

PSHOOOOO!

I leave you with that link, and am off.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Welcome back, The Game! :D
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
The Game

Post by The Game »

@xhunterko Possibly. Maybe. I don't know; I'm still trying to decide which neighborhoods to return to, which to drop, or if I should just go back to all of them.

@ChewyChewey thank you!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Game wrote:@Housefox: Are you still a part of Blue Peak Shore?
Nope. Couldn't really bring myself to RP there anymore.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Anyone waiting for me, I'll be able to post Friday when I get my new laptop. Too hard to type an RP on an iPad.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Game

Post by The Game »

Question time: What day is it currently in Radiant Gardens, and would it be possible to have Winter and Wonder return? still don't know about Saga, because I have no idea how I planned to bring her back when I kicked her out.

Would Blue Peak Shore be willing to have Celeste back? Same for Sunset having Destiny, and Richmond having Zane/TJ?

And on a completely unrelated note, I've forgotten why Oasis Towers closed. Can someone fill me in please...?

after this I swear I'm almost close to being done with bothering you all with my questions
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Game wrote:And on a completely unrelated note, I've forgotten why Oasis Towers closed. Can someone fill me in please...?
Lack of activity.
Lack of interest.
No GM involvement.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
The Game wrote:And on a completely unrelated note, I've forgotten why Oasis Towers closed. Can someone fill me in please...?
Lack of activity.
Lack of interest.
No GM involvement.
Too limited of an RP environment.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Keeshah wrote:Too limited of an RP environment.
I blame that entirely on the GM for not getting involved when no one was taking initiative.

Look at Brookshire Meadows. When there's nothing going on, I MAKE things go on. When there's not enough setting to interest players, I MAKE new setting. When there's not enough activity to keep the RP going, I MAKE more activity. A GM can work to fix any problem with their neighborhood. BsM is the 4th, and is usually on the edge of any of these posting-recessions we get a few times a year, but I've kept it going for over 2 years, despite the fact that we only have 2 players left over from the beginning of the RP... (me and Neko, who only came back recently)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
I blame that entirely on the GM for not getting involved when no one was taking initiative.

Look at Brookshire Meadows. When there's nothing going on, I MAKE things go on. When there's not enough setting to interest players, I MAKE new setting. When there's not enough activity to keep the RP going, I MAKE more activity. A GM can work to fix any problem with their neighborhood. BsM is the 4th, and is usually on the edge of any of these posting-recessions we get a few times a year, but I've kept it going for over 2 years, despite the fact that we only have 2 players left over from the beginning of the RP... (me and Neko, who only came back recently)
likewise, look at Blue Peak Shore. Nearly every character is currently interacting with a character that the GM is controlling. He's basically moving every storyline along, making sure that every player has something to do.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:

As i have been doing every since i resurrected RV, all tho years ago..
Altho i miss having Buck and cali around, to lead off new adventures..

It is something i have been wanting to rant about for a while..
We need more LEADER - Alpha posters, people who can start and lead new plot lines.
they keep after the other posters to keep posting, and do activity/treading water posts, while waiting for others posters to post to move things along so the storyline doesn't have days/weeks of no posts.
(there are only a very select few in this category)

Then there are Beta posters, Ones who can flesh out, and run with plots wance they get started. but don't seem to want to start or lead them.
They sometimes keep after the other posters, others stop posting all together while waiting for another to post. rarely do they do place keeping posts.
(a minority fit into this category)

Then there are the followers.
They do short, often one or two line posts.
Stop posting alltogether, while waiting on another to post.
often with never telling anyone, that there waiting on X to post. or trying to contact X to get them to post.
(A majority seem to fit in here.)
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:

likewise, look at Blue Peak Shore. Nearly every character is currently interacting with a character that the GM is controlling. He's basically moving every storyline along, making sure that every player has something to do.
See, I don't even do that too often. I have a bunch of characters I can throw in if I need to at any time, but I think it's just about making sure all the players know what's going on and all the plotlines are organized... Even then, Grand Castilia has run decently without any official "GM" for a while (though, technically, I've been running a very straightforward storyline, lol).
Keeshah wrote: As i have been doing every since i resurrected RV, all tho years ago..
Altho i miss having Buck and cali around, to lead off new adventures..

It is something i have been wanting to rant about for a while..
We need more LEADER - Alpha posters, people who can start and lead new plot lines.
they keep after the other posters to keep posting, and do activity/treading water posts, while waiting for others posters to post to move things along so the storyline doesn't have days/weeks of no posts.
(there are only a very select few in this category)

Then there are Beta posters, Ones who can flesh out, and run with plots once they get started. but don't seem to want to start or lead them.
They sometimes keep after the other posters, others stop posting all together while waiting for another to post. rarely do they do place keeping posts.
(a minority fit into this category)

Then there are the followers.
They do short, often one or two line posts.
Stop posting alltogether, while waiting on another to post.
often with never telling anyone, that there waiting on X to post. or trying to contact X to get them to post.
(A majority seem to fit in here.)
I dunno about that... I've seen players do alot of different things... I think maybe I've seen the more serious and/or experienced players do things like tell other people when it's their turn, or try and lead story arcs. It's actually why I like roleplaying with Neko (as you've probably noticed with the recent long-winded forays of Rikki and Lorna posts in BsM), and probably why BsM fell apart when he ran off. (also Zander, KFC, Jofoxx, and DarkHearts, all of whom were good at shaking things up) I've seen a couple of players who've done things like make characters who have no flavor and add little to the story, or make one-sentence posts which are just annoying, or don't really understand what they're responding to and write something really weird, or maybe stop posting for long periods and then when you bother them they're like "oh, it's my turn?", and that's bad, but most people aren't THAT bad about it... (Oh yeah, and the players who could be writing a really bad teen-drama from the 80s or something. I don't even GET why anyone would want to have vanilla characters in vanilla relationships with vanilla lifestyles... I've always preferred the literary practice and fantasy aspects...)

Another thing though has to do with making sure good characters come into the RP. I don't let people add characters who don't have a clearly thought out look, personality, and backstory. If your character has no interesting traits, it's pretty much impossible to add interest to the story. (we had a couple of BsM characters who I felt were like this) Of course, there's also the problem of players like Metaecho, who make REALLY GOOD characters, and are REALLY GOOD at playing them, but never actually DO anything. (yes Metaecho, I'm specifically telling you that you should come back and actually play your character)
ctcmjh wrote:Finals are now over with for me. So now, I'm free to post to my hearts content.
This was apparently not true.

I Wonder what happened to like, half the players in Grand Castilia...? I mean, some of them just completely disappeared...
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: I dunno about that... I've seen players do alot of different things... I think maybe I've seen the more serious and/or experienced players do things like tell other people when it's their turn, or try and lead story arcs. It's actually why I like roleplaying with Neko (as you've probably noticed with the recent long-winded forays of Rikki and Lorna posts in BsM), and probably why BsM fell apart when he ran off. (also Zander, KFC, Jofoxx, and DarkHearts, all of whom were good at shaking things up) I've seen a couple of players who've done things like make characters who have no flavor and add little to the story, or make one-sentence posts which are just annoying, or don't really understand what they're responding to and write something really weird, or maybe stop posting for long periods and then when you bother them they're like "oh, it's my turn?", and that's bad, but most people aren't THAT bad about it...

Another thing though has to do with making sure good characters come into the RP. I don't let people add characters who don't have a clearly thought out look, personality, and backstory. If your character has no interesting traits, it's pretty much impossible to add interest to the story. (we had a couple of BsM characters who I felt were like this) Of course, there's also the problem of players like Metaecho, who make REALLY GOOD characters, and are REALLY GOOD at playing them, but never actually DO anything. (yes Metaecho, I'm specifically telling you that you should come back and actually play your character)

What i was trying to say is that people posting in the storyboards, need to step up, and take a more active and ownership role in the RP. Have them wanting it to succeed.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:Finals are now over with for me. So now, I'm free to post to my hearts content.

seconded...
The Moon Howler

Keeshah wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:

seconded...
And thirded...

My RP Characters
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Perhaps ctcmjh is posting to his heart's content. Have you asked him via private message?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I probably have: I do it so often that I forget when I have or haven't.
It doesn't matter though, the point here is that we shouldn't HAVE to hound him to post. If he wants to roleplay, then he needs to be checking his RPs regularly, not us having to pester him every day to actually read the threads he joined.

Edit: Actually, the rule is that we're supposed to wait a while, but after a certain point, it's perfectly ok to leave him behind. Anyway, I PMed him about it just now to make sure...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

You are under no obligation to contact a user and ask them to post. The entire reason I push to send PMs is to prevent a public fracas. I know there are people who do not meet whatever expectation there is for participation and that is a problem. I'm here to deal with actual violations of site rules or things that could be taken as or lead to such; potentially inflammatory or provocative public posts accusing someone of inactivity aren't something I like to see. By all means, the issues should be dealt with, but we should always make every effort to avoid public confrontation if at all possible.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

K.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Dissension wrote:Perhaps ctcmjh is posting to his heart's content. Have you asked him via private message?
for the record, yes i have, as has construction_boots.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I've been busy, and I've been forgetting to post. I'm very free tomorrow afternoon. I'll post them.

Part of my procrastination has to do with me being flooded with so many pages to read. The sheer number of pages intimidates me into procrastination, furthering my dilemma. I'm considering dropping one or two roleplays to make it easier on me. I can't decide, as I love all of my characters.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

HAY. Just want to make sure everyone's aware that we're voting on a new moderator for the RP section...
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=5&t=2096
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:HAY. Just want to make sure everyone's aware that we're voting on a new moderator for the RP section...
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=5&t=2096

Votes early and often for Rockstar!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hey, I heard that... well, read it. :lol:

but seriously, I'd be fine with either of us winning. vote for whoever you want.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

No electioneering, please. = P

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Dissension wrote:No electioneering, please. = P
I actually didn't know the vote was going on. I only saw because Brent told me: I don't check that forum, only the threads in it which I keep open in tabs.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I believe he meant Keeshah. and wasn't being that serious.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

a storm blew through Columbus Ohio packing 80 to 85 mph winds. trees and power lines down allover the place. AEP est. 5 to 7 days to fully restore the power.. which mine is out. reduced to posting from my cell phone. may be a few days until i can post in the RP again. can't edit or use colors with my cell phone.. so post on without me and i'll catch up when i can.

(EDIT) With the help of my new $580.00 generator, i'm back..
Now if it arrived yesterday, i wouldn't be tossing out all my foods today ;(
But i'm back, and no longer sitting in the dark..
Y'll git posting..