Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by Blue Braixen »

Zander wrote:Wasn't it buck who said a little bit ago that there were to be no new neighborhoods until all current ones were filled?

I know someone said that...
It was either Buck or Ceets...or both.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

It was ceets.

He culled two dead RP areas, an stated.

"No new areas, until the existing ones have filled available slots with active players."
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Keeshah wrote:It was ceets.

He culled two dead RP areas, an stated.

"No new areas, until the existing ones have filled available slots with active players."
And then, Buck reminded me how I'm the moderator for this section of the forum, and not a Master GM of Pet Friendly, so it wasn't my decision to make.

As long as it's okay with Buck and/or Argent, then the new neighborhood is allowed.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

ctcmjh wrote:And then, Buck reminded me how I'm the moderator for this section of the forum, and not a Master GM of Pet Friendly, so it wasn't my decision to make.
You beat me to it.

I don't know where Buckdida went, and I haven't seen Argent here in a while, so for now I'm going to keep giving you my advice: Don't start a new neighborhood unless it will offer the players a setting/atmosphere which isn't present in another neighborhood they could already join, and don't use an acronym which has already been taken. Why "OT"? Why not "Live Oak Commons" (LOC), "Farmington Hills" (FH), or "Hampton Crossing" (HC)? All those would work just fine without causing confusion. And why not try to restart any of the old neighborhoods? Why won't an existing neighborhood work?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:And then, Buck reminded me how I'm the moderator for this section of the forum, and not a Master GM of Pet Friendly, so it wasn't my decision to make.
You beat me to it.

I don't know where Buckdida went, and I haven't seen Argent here in a while, so for now I'm going to keep giving you my advice: Don't start a new neighborhood unless it will offer the players a setting/atmosphere which isn't present in another neighborhood they could already join, and don't use an acronym which has already been taken. Why "OT"? Why not "Live Oak Commons" (LOC), "Farmington Hills" (FH), or "Hampton Crossing" (HC)? All those would work just fine without causing confusion. And why not try to restart any of the old neighborhoods? Why won't an existing neighborhood work?
Oasis Towers didn't work because the setting was a tower block. Trying something different didn't work. However, it was genuinely fun, and I want to try and recreate it in a more normal neighbourhood.
And I want to keep the initials kinda for nostalgia.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

bollythewolf wrote:Oasis Towers didn't work because the setting was a tower block. Trying something different didn't work.
No. Don't blame the setting, which people were perfectly capable of dealing with, for something that was the fault of many different variables.
I want to keep the initials kinda for nostalgia.
That's not a good reason. If you keep the initials, you're only going to cause confusion and block yourselves off if anyone ever wants to resurrect it. It's just as easy to make up a better name.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Failed or Successful, either way Gray still needs a home o .o

By the way people, Zalgo has taken off for a couple of days extra vacation.
Last edited by Mareks on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Okay, okay, I'm here now.

Okay, so.

Richardson Valley
Radiant Gardens
Sea Breeze Harbor
Yorkshire Fields
Richmond Acres
Verde Grove
Brookshire Meadows
Sunset Plateau

If I'm correct, these are the active neighborhoods.

OT has become inactive, and Verde Grove has restarted once.

So, here's what we gotta find out. I want to know how many players each one of the neighborhoods have. So, whoever can represent, please do so and let me know how many ACTIVE players you have, and if you'd like to, any inactive/on leave players you have too. From here, we can find out which neighborhoods need players, or if we can start new ones.

Here's the grand scheme of things: If we have random players who just wish to join a neighborhood, they shouldn't be making a new one, but joining another one with open slots. If we have several players with with a new setting with a neighborhood (several = 4-6 players) that they can start up right away, then they should just ask me. If a player wants to start a new neighborhood because they don't like any of the existing choices, they should talk to me. If all neighborhoods are beginning to near captivity, then we can start new vanilla neighborhoods, but they should also tell me, or post in the Main OOC to gather interest/attention.
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Radiant Gardens, reporting in:

Active Players: Vadiant, 44RONM10, ctcmjh, Zander, ChewyChewy, They Game, Jack, Rendak, BlueAnubis, Heth, Mareks, Athlon2736
total: 12

Inactive Players: Zack_the_Husky, WolvenPaw15
total: 3

Retired Players: Bixlow, Typhon, Auzzo, FunkyChickenFace, Neko, DarkHeartsAndSuch, bollythewolf, tylerWWEdog
total: 8
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Verde Grove Roster As of 8-1-11. 15:50@+8

Active Players: 44RONM10, ChewyChewy, ctcmjh, FlintTheSquirrel, Hypergenesis, Souji, The Game, YingBlanc, Zander
Total: 9
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Reporting for Sunset Plateau and Yorkshire Fields!

Sunset Plateau

Active players (14)

IceKitsune, Forty Six & 2, ctcmjh, The Game, Challenger01, Pecan, Aquablast, Psykeout, xhunterko, YingBlanc, EmoPeanut, KanashiFox, valerio, Broken Fox

Free player slots: 1

------------------------------------------

Yorkshire Fields

Active players (8)

Jofoxx, Tobee, ctcmjh, Zander, Aquablast, RockstarRaccoon, Hypergenesis, Rendak

Free character slots: 9

Edit: Edited "Away at the moment" for SP, since Forty Six & 2 just came back.
Edit2: Updated!
Last edited by Aquablast on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Overview of Brookshire Meadows

Active Players - 11 (RockstarRaccoon, Neko, Zander, JOFOXX, DarkHeartsAndSuch, Buckdida, ctcmjh, Tobee, D-Singer, Hypergenesis, Zalgo)
Inactive - 9 (Atari, ChickenFace, Rubin, Auzzo, Thrasherblades, Dr Prower, CY_Law, Mususaki, Cornflakes)
Dropped 2 (metaecho, BollyTheWolf)

Status - Going slow at the moment (less than a post a day per player). Totally open for anyone else who wants to join!
Conditions - Cold, mid-October, yet Light and Happy right now.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Reporting for SeaBreeze Harbor.
(11 active, 22 characters total.)
Active- The Housedog, Russiarules1, lightwolf21, Zander, Private Elliot, The Game, ChewyChewy, Zack_the_Husky, CTCMJH, Valerio, Mareks
(0 inactive, 1 dropped)
Inactive- none
Dropped- Wolvenpaw15 (Character taken over by Valerio)

----------------

Conditioins: Hailstorm, intense lightning and hard rain.
Open slots: All full.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Wow.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Mareks wrote:Wow.
Yeah, lot's of open places, right? Still think we need a new neighborhood?
Mareks wrote:By the way people, Zalgo (aka John) has taken off for a couple of days extra vacation.
...You mean he's not going to post for Black after getting him intwined with Gladius, thus meaning Hypergenesis has to wait several days? Ok... I wish he would've told us...
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Mareks wrote:Wow.
Yeah, lot's of open places, right? Still think we need a new neighborhood?
Mareks wrote:By the way people, Zalgo (aka John) has taken off for a couple of days extra vacation.
...You mean he's not going to post for Black after getting him intwined with Gladius, thus meaning Hypergenesis has to wait several days? Ok... I wish he would've told us...
He apparently wasn't near a computer when he was tossed the information by his parents.. He gives his best though, he brought his laptop with him. He can apparently get a wifi from his aunts neighbor. He might get on, depends on his signal.

Why would we need a new neighborhood? I thought VG just came back.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Mareks wrote:Why would we need a new neighborhood? I thought VG just came back.
Bolly wanted to start one named OT, which sparked the current argument.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

You know, I think Sunset Plateau still has some open slots. We may be able to take a couple extra characters.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:You know, I think Sunset Plateau still has some open slots. We may be able to take a couple extra characters.
and guess what? Ta-Daa! A player with 2 main and one guest ready to fill a position!

NAME: Valiant Leone
CHARACTER TYPE: Main
SPECIES: Dog (Italian Wolfdog)
NEIGHBORHOOD: Sunset Plateau

APPEARANCE:
Dorsal grey-and-tan fur, russet on the inside, with black muzzle and paws, smooth medium hair. Iron-grey eyes. Valiant wears a black collar with the Italian Coat-of-Arms (Image). Valiant’s right arm is an advanced cybernetic prosthetic Image (see below)

PERSONALITY
Valiant is not much of a confident guy, but he remains a very loyal and pack-conscious wolfdog. When you get to enter his confidence, he’ll become a good and protective friends. Due to his previous job, Valiant tends to be suspicious of strangers and/or people/pets he meets for the first time. Valiant is also very competitive and law-abiding with a low tolerance for breaking rules, yet he’s very open-minded on many so-called ‘taboos’, when it comes to pets business. Valiant is also not used to his artificial limb, and this doesn’t help him socialize. He’s gay.

OTHER NOTES
Valiant is very, very good at tracking, and hand-to-hand fighting. He has a good knowledge of the legal system. His hobby is solving jigsaw puzzles of any kind. The more complexes, the more he likes them. He owns an iPod Classic filled to limit with any kind of music, from symphonic to metal. Elio and Maria Leone are two retired public employees who just want to enjoy their last years together with their new son in a tranquil place, far from their too troubled land.

BACKGROUND
Valiant has been raised and trained as a police dog for the Direzione Investigativa Antimafia, in Sicily, Italy. There he made a career in several arrest of notorious ringleaders, but he paid dearly for his bravery. One night, a corrupted colleague of Valiant’s human partners helped in the kidnapping of Valiant, whose arm was then cut off. The dog was left in the fields to day, alone, as an example for the rest of the policemen, but Valiant managed to stop the hemorrhage and reached, barely alive, his base. There, he was given a brand-new prosthetic arm, courtesy of the Pentagon for helping once rescuing two of their men from a kidnap.
After being honorably discharged, Valiant took off to US with his new adoptive family.

PICTURE (yes, he's a beauty and he knows it!)

S – 7
P – 8
E – 8
C – 4
I – 6
A – 5
L - 4

COLOR

---

NAME – Rikki Leone
CHARACTER TYPE – Main
SPECIES – Ferret, female
AGE – 4 (16 PYO)
NEIGHBORHOOD – Sunset Plateau

APPEARANCE:
Rikki’s fur is entirely black, save for a white bandit mask. Blue eyes. Rikki’s collar is white with an Italian Monarchic Flag as tag.

PERSONALITY:
Rikki is a good listener, thanks to her former job (see below). She’s also a very playful and friendly mustelid, the perfect counterpart for Valiant, whom she encourages a lot to open up. She’s Valiant’s best friends and has a lot of suggestions to give him. She doesn’t like to stay alone.

OTHER NOTES:
Rikki can stay quiet and immobile for hours in a single spot, she can easily pick many kind of locks. She can hack computers, and has a photographic memory. She loves videogames, she can play any kind of them and never get bored. She collects shiny things.

BACKGROUND:
Together with Valiant, Rikki worked as scout for her team, infiltrating where no pet could and gather information and useful objects. In truth, many of her team’s successes were due to her work. When Valiant was almost killed and had to retire, Rikki followed him without hesitation.

S – 3
P – 7
E – 5
C – 8
I – 8
A – 7
L - 4

COLOR

---

NAME – Bora
CHARACTER TYPE – Guest, Feral
SPECIES – Bird (Red-Tailed Hawk), female
AGE – 3 (12 PYO)
NEIGHBORHOOD – Sunset Plateau

APPEARANCE: Grey belly plumage, brown with black spots on the back and a red tail. 133 cm wingspan, 65 cm long, golden eyes.

PERSONALITY
Bora is a ferocious predator, but most of all she hates humans for killing her mate and destroying her nest, and will exact her revenge whenever she can on their pets. Bora has no faith in social relationships, she just lives on waiting to harm the intruders of her territory, the forest near Sunset Plateau’s park.

OTHER NOTES
Bora is exceptionally skilled as bird of prey, on day and night, and very patient. She likes to inflict pain to her targets. Bora is the name of a cold, powerful Italian wind.

BACKGROUND
Bora used to be wary of humans and their pets, but would generally leave them alone. Once, a group of pets happened into their nest, in the abandoned building in the forest, while she was away to hunt. When she came back, she found the disaster and her life went to pieces. Since then, she had vigorously chased away the intruders in the most painful ways. She has given the place the sinister fame of a ‘Haunted House’, since no one saw her despite many attempts of animal control and police to catch the culprit.

S – 3
P – 10
E – 7
C – 2
I – 3
A – 10
L - 7

COLOR
Zander

Post by Zander »

Sorry I haven't been posting for a few days. The past week has been... Hard... IRL...
I'll try to get a post in though.. Sorry.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:Sorry I haven't been posting for a few days. The past week has been... Hard... IRL...
I'll try to get a post in though.. Sorry.
no prob...as long as you post... :lol:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Wow... That's an over-the-top character...
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Hey!

I finally decided that I want to try roleplaying, so I created my first character! I would like to join Sunset Plateau with him.

Name:
Darien Shephard

Character type:
Main

Species:
Dog, Belgian shepherd (Malinois)

Neighborhood:
Sunset Plateau

Appearance:
Darien looks fairly typical for his breed. His fur is a warm shade of brown, except on his belly where it's a lighter color, and he has the markings of a malinois: his muzzle and his ears are completely black, while his upper back and his tailtip are colored with a touch of silvery fur. He wears a simple black collar and a polished steel tag shaped like a small pen. He usually wears his glasses, they have a thin, silver colored frame and small rectangular lenses that have rounded edges. And if you look close enough, you might spot a small patch of missing fur on his left upper leg, the size of quarter.

Personality:
As a puppy, Darien wanted to follow in his fathers pawsteps, and become a firedog. Sadly, an injury left him with a weak leg and so he was forced to occupy himself with the mental variety of activities. He soon discovered he had an affinity for writing, specifically for journalism, and so he proclaimed himself a newsdog! Through the years and his hobby, since he can't really call it a job after all, he developed an innate curiosity and a laid back, outgoing personality to help him sniff out all things interesting. He enjoys playing board games or cards, and he's also a big movie fan. He likes to know and befriend many pets, so he can stay in the loop and hear some good stories. When it comes to romance though, his confidence vanishes in an instant. He feels painfully single, but he has no experience beyond being friends with someone. He finds it hard to venture out (of the closet...) into this unknown, dangerous, yet exciting territory.

Other notes:
Darien writes an online blog called 'Pet Fancy!', and he has plans regarding a weekly home-printed edition too. If he can find pets to read it first, of course. He regularly pulls all-nighters, often spending many hours reading or writing, sometimes until the brink of dawn. Whenever anyone asks about this, Darien claims he suffers from mild insomnia... His time writing has also caused his vision to get worse, after looking at monitors and notepads for a long time, especially at night when the lights are dim in his room, his eyesight isn't perfect anymore. He can manage without his glasses, but his vision is not completely sharp and he will have trouble without them when it's dark.
Darien tries to exercise as much as his leg allows, he doesn't want to put on weight since he can't burn calories by running around and playing like a regular dog.
Darien was adopted by his dad as a puppy. James Shephard is a firefighter, he worked at the same precinct as Darien's father. He adopted a shepherd specifically for the purpose of the pun in his name. Yes, he has a weird sense of humor. They moved to Sunset Plateau after James was transferred to the local fire station.

SPECIAL:
Strength: 4 "I can lift this big stack of papers with my arms, but there's a limit 'cause my legs aren't so good."
Perception: 9 "I can sniff out all the details!" (-3 penalty for his eyesight, when he isn't wearing his glasses)
Endurance: 3 "This short jog across the street is fine, but now my leg is aching!"
Charisma: 8 "Hello, hi! It's good to see you again, how have you been? I'm with the press!"
Intelligence: 10 "I'm a well read dog!"
Agility: 2 "Jump around? With my leg? Are you kidding me?!?"
Luck: 6 "Look, a four leaf clover! The second one this week! But I never find any money... oh well!"

So... opinions? Is he okay? I remembered one of the Bigglesworth cats wearing glasses once, so I thought that would be okay. Also the penalty to perception when he's not wearing them.

COLOR - BF4000
Last edited by The Broken Fox on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
valerio

Post by valerio »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Wow... That's an over-the-top character...
which one?
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

I edited Darien's description a little, since Valerio pointed it out to me that caffeine isn't exactly healthy for dogs... :oops: I'm really Stupid Fox!

Edit 2: I now have a color!
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sorry guys, but I'm dropping from all Rp's. Not fun anymore and I dont have the free time I used to have.

Peace out.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Neko wrote:Sorry guys, but I'm dropping from all Rp's. Not fun anymore and I dont have the free time I used to have.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Neko wrote:Sorry guys, but I'm dropping from all Rp's. Not fun anymore and I dont have the free time I used to have.

Peace out.
Awww... We are going to miss you...

... But what happens to YsF now?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Aquablast wrote:

Peace out.

Someone needs to take over as GM.... Anyone mind if that's me for the time being?
Zander

Post by Zander »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Aquablast wrote:

Peace out.

Someone needs to take over as GM.... Anyone mind if that's me for the time being?
even if temporary, a person can only be a gm for one neighborhood. in da rules x3

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Zander wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Aquablast wrote:... But what happens to YsF now?
even if temporary, a person can only be a gm for one neighborhood. in da rules x3
I don't mind, Raccoon! But I guess this means we must ask Buck!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

One GM per neighborhood, please, even if temporary. You've got quite a few players, so I'm sure you can find others for the time being.

Although I must say that I'm quite annoyed with Neko for just up and leaving as such. He should continue to play GM until he passes it over to someone, and should play his characters out, giving them a small exit. Just to up and leave is quite... disrespectful to all of the other players.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Kinda sucks that Neko's leaving... even if I never WAS a part of his neighborhood. One less original RP-er... but hey, people find that some things they have to live without..

@Buckdida: Yeah, I can kinda see how it's disrespectful... but if you really have to drop it cold turkey... then you have to drop it.
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Buckdida wrote:One GM per neighborhood, please, even if temporary. You've got quite a few players, so I'm sure you can find others for the time being.

Although I must say that I'm quite annoyed with Neko for just up and leaving as such. He should continue to play GM until he passes it over to someone, and should play his characters out, giving them a small exit. Just to up and leave is quite... disrespectful to all of the other players.
I dunno, I'm actually not surprised. He hasn't posted much on any RPs on any forums for a while, and even dropped out of a few already.

In any case, I guess we should get on to putting a new GM in place now. *Goes off to YSFs OOC for that...*
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I am actually not too surprised either. Things have been pretty slow in YsF recently and Neko isn't on very often too.

But I would like to see Neko again, I never get to interact with him that much.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

By the way, Mareks: You should look into applying for Grey to join BsM. Your friend Zalgo already has Black there.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:By the way, Mareks: You should look into applying for Grey to join BsM. Your friend Zalgo already has Black there.
Umm... Gray is my character, Rockstar. Mareks was just saying that for me since all I had was my phone at my nana's.

@Mareks. dude, edit my name out of there, you know I don't like my real stuff getting online.
̧H͟e̢ w̷h́o̵ ̢́W̶͡͞a҉i̢t͜s̶̵ ͡͠B̴e̸h̵̛͡i̧͞n͟d T̛͢͠h̀e͜ ͠W̡͘͞a̶ĺ̴ļ͢.͏
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Black: S2 P8 E8 C8 I10 A3 L3
Gray: S7 P5 E8 C8 I5 A4 L5
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Zalgo wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:By the way, Mareks: You should look into applying for Grey to join BsM. Your friend Zalgo already has Black there.
Umm... Gray is my character, Rockstar. Mareks was just saying that for me since all I had was my phone at my nana's.

@Mareks. dude, edit my name out of there, you know I don't like my real stuff getting online.
D: Sorry, going to edit post now.
valerio

Post by valerio »

sorry to ask. Once again, which are the RPs with free slot(s) left, updated?
I'm having ideas for a couple of spiffy characters... :mrgreen:
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

valerio wrote:sorry to ask. Once again, which are the RPs with free slot(s) left, updated?
I'm having ideas for a couple of spiffy characters... :mrgreen:
YsF has 9 free character slots and we sort of need players there!

I am sure RV is free too, can't hurt to have more players!