Commission Exclusive, guys (slots all filled)

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

rickgriffin
Site Admin

Re: Commission Exclusive, guys (slots all filled)

Post by rickgriffin »

Okay guys? Here's some notes for next time:

1: Don't dictate the pose down to the tiny minutia. I'm going to pretty much ignore it if I can, because if I can't picture what you want in my head before I start sketching, it's going to come out terrible and stiff. I already know from several years of doing art that whatever you have in your head is not going to be good or exemplary or even vaguely well-balanced on paper.

2: No more props for Housepets commissions. Absolutely not.

3: The Housepets commissions are very simple line drawings with flat color. If you want your character to have a half dozen things on his person, they are not going to show up in the level of detail for every paragraph you've given. Why is it that you're giving so much detail and references for a tiny object he is holding, when the character is the entire point of the picture, anyway?

4: Color and pattern is not that hard to describe so stop talking circles around it.

I should probably just point you to my Commission Etiquette post on FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/939232/

I don't normally bring this up when organizing because I'm not looking at your full description until I get to your picture, but come on, some of this is common decency.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Re: Commission Exclusive, guys (slots all filled)

Post by Foxstar »

You should write up a short paper on "How to commission artists" overall. The pose thing made me giggle but with one said black wolf with headphones showing up, I realize that there's people out there who still do this.