This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
Soliciting Guest Strips 
Devil Skirrl

Post Soliciting Guest Strips
At the conclusion of this arc, Rick will take a week to focus on other projects. We'd like to invite you to submit guest strips for publication during that time. We'll run guest strips beginning Wednesday, June 5th and the comic will resume the following Wednesday. Please e-mail your submissions to housepets.moderation@gmail.com and include any alt/title text you would like. If you do not include one, we reserve the right to make one up for you. All submissions become the property of RickGriffin Studios at the time of entry and we may reject any submission without notice.

As always, I'm excited to see what y'all come up with!

Tue May 28, 2013 2:00 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Soliciting Guest Strips
No good at drawing or jokes, myself, but looking forward to guest week.

Tue May 28, 2013 4:49 am

Man, looks like it's time to dust off the ol' Wacom.

Tue May 28, 2013 5:32 am
Game Master

I sent an idea for a strip to STU, now to hope he can make it on time 8-)

Tue May 28, 2013 5:45 am
Profile WWW

When is the due date for submissions?

Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 am

Drawing skills! Drawing skills! A bagel for drawing skills!

If I were able, I would draw a dramatic mini-series about the ongoing furret rickyologists versus ponbon rickyologists schism war. Death to the ponbon pigs!

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!

Tue May 28, 2013 11:33 am

Do you know anyone beside Stu who can draw a comic with the idea I had since the previous guest strip week?

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style

Tue May 28, 2013 1:33 pm
Profile WWW

still waiting

Wed May 29, 2013 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back

*puppy eyes*

Wed May 29, 2013 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl

The instructions for submitting strips are outlined above!

Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 am
Profile WWW

Awww, Rick and Dissension, and probably the other modertors as well, planned a guest strip marathon for my birthday! Thank you, guys! I really apreciate it!
Does this mean that "The King and I" ends on Monday, instead of Friday?

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!

Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am

Probably with an epilogue, like "The Trial In Heaven" did last year.

Wed May 29, 2013 7:14 am

kavviyenta wrote:
Do you know anyone beside Stu who can draw a comic with the idea I had since the previous guest strip week?

I don't know anyone else who draws here aside from Huckley.

Thu May 30, 2013 10:42 am
Puppy Wrangler

Silly Zealot wrote:
kavviyenta wrote:

I don't know anyone else who draws here aside from Huckley.

Look in the Art Thread in Media Median in Not The Comic and you will find many talented artists on the forums.

Thu May 30, 2013 12:03 pm

I wanted to ask one more thing:
You wrote this will give Rick time to focus on other projects, what kind of projects? Private, commissions, "it's a surprise!", world domination, all of the previous ones?

Fri May 31, 2013 8:55 pm

Silly Zealot wrote:
You wrote this will give Rick time to focus on other projects, what kind of projects? Private, commissions, "it's a surprise!", world domination, all of the previous ones?

He's going to privately commission a surprise world domination.

Fri May 31, 2013 8:58 pm

Silly Zealot wrote:

Rick has scads of other projects right as of now, chief among them I believe is his novel in progress "In the New Age", which he's also expressed interest in drawing a short series of comic strips about it.
Not to mention Rick has been completing Iron artist commissions since earlier this year. I'm sure there is also several other equally important things requiring his attention, besides his artistic endeavors. Plus who could blame him if he decided he wanted to take a brief hiatus? Rick's only human after all, so i'm sure he needs his fair share of fresh air and sunshine.

Whatever the case I hope he's able to do whatever it is that he needs to get done.

Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 pm

Duster wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:

Rick has scads of other projects right as of now, chief among them I believe is his novel in progress "In the New Age", which he's also expressed interest in drawing a short series of comic strips about it.
Not to mention Rick has been completing Iron artist commissions since earlier this year. I'm sure there is also several other equally important things requiring his attention, besides his artistic endeavors. Plus who could blame him if he decided he wanted to take a brief hiatus? Rick's only human after all, so i'm sure he needs his fair share of fresh air and sunshine.

Whatever the case I hope he's able to do whatever it is that he needs to get done.

I think he was just curious, not blaming. And... holy cow? Rick's doing an Iron Artist, too? MORE POWER TO HIM! Man, that excites me! I had no idea!

Fri May 31, 2013 9:56 pm

Ryusuta wrote:
Duster wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:

I think he was just curious, not blaming. And... holy cow? Rick's doing an Iron Artist, too? MORE POWER TO HIM! Man, that excites me! I had no idea!

Not blaming anyone, see :arrow: :) I'm not upset. Nah, just trying to somewhat answer his question.

I also like to rant from time to time, so sue me. :3

Fri May 31, 2013 10:03 pm

I would never demand anything from someone who has already provided me with tons of drawings for free...... but I'm super happy he's still working on INA!
Your answers are appreciated, and were actually helpful, Duster, but I'm sure the moderators themselves would also have a few juicy details to add. ;)

Fri May 31, 2013 10:11 pm

Sniff, sniff...

Yeah, I thought I smelled a new book in the offing. I seem to recall something about a sequel to Argo, but I'm sure Rick has lots of other irons in the fire.

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:01 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]