Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Re: Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Post by 0404 »

don't eat too much of those left over cakes. I'm gonna wait until the midnight to say happy birthday at the right time to you Beagle.

welcome back Mobian!

Is getting a paypal account straight way to get myself broken? I don't know if getting it is safe. I've been resisting myself from spending on interweb and gettin paypal would make me go on spending rage. but it's inconvenient to not have one, so... ummm
Last edited by 0404 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I'll go ahead and wish you a early happy birthday, Beagle. And, I will give you an official one tomorrow.

Remember, these types of foods are just for special occasions. So go ahead and enjoy, it is not often you get to indulge. But, remember when to indulge and not too!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

texascat018 wrote:Is getting a paypal account straight way to get myself broken?
That depends.

Do you have the self control to not spend if you don't need it? If not, I would say don't get it. If you're unsure, I'd say still don't get it. I don't have one, and as a matter of fact, the only time I've ever bought something that paypal would have been used was yesterday. And I know I won't be buying anything again anytime soon.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

texascat018 wrote:don't eat too much of those left over cakes. I'm gonna wait until the midnight to say happy birthday at the right time to you Beagle.

welcome back Mobian!

Is getting a paypal account straight way to get myself broken? I don't know if getting it is safe. I've been resisting myself from spending on interweb and gettin paypal would make me go on spending rage. but it's inconvenient to not have one, so... ummm
Only if you're as bad with money as I am. I have a bad habit occasionally going shopping on amazon and spending too much on the internet because I'm bored.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

texascat018 wrote:Is getting a paypal account straight way to get myself broken? I don't know if getting it is safe. I've been resisting myself from spending on interweb and gettin paypal would make me go on spending rage. but it's inconvenient to not have one, so... ummm
yeah, it's all about your self control. I got one and all I ever bought with it was a signed copy of the second Housepets! book from Rick.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

Post by 0404 »

Thank you guys, that was really helpful to me ♥!!
JeffCvt wrote:That depends.

Do you have the self control to not spend if you don't need it? If not, I would say don't get it. If you're unsure, I'd say still don't get it. I don't have one, and as a matter of fact, the only time I've ever bought something that paypal would have been used was yesterday. And I know I won't be buying anything again anytime soon.
I have to determine if it is a Need or Want. thing that I picked up from my business class. there are so much things that I am willing to purchase on online.

Seth wrote: Only if you're as bad with money as I am. I have a bad habit occasionally going shopping on amazon and spending too much on the internet because I'm bored.
I better amuse myself more often if I'm getting paypal.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: yeah, it's all about your self control. I got one and all I ever bought with it was a signed copy of the second Housepets! book from Rick.
dang it Brent, now you just add another thing in to my interweb purchase list...

I better head off and make a financial Plan. then determine if it is suitable for me...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

texascat018 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: yeah, it's all about your self control. I got one and all I ever bought with it was a signed copy of the second Housepets! book from Rick.
dang it Brent, now you just add another thing in to my interweb purchase list...
nope, the signed copy was a limited offer, I'm pretty sure. Only for preorders.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Duster

Post by Duster »

Happy Early Birthday Beagle!!
I hope your stomach feels better soon.

@Texascat018 If you want a paypal account just remember to take everything in moderation, try to limit yourself to one shopping spree a year and i'm sure you'll be fine :lol: .
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm considering purchasing a used Volvo XC90. The dealership just marked $1,000 off the price. I'll need to get more information on the vehicle - this particular year model and engine combination is known for transmission issues and there have been some fairly minor recalls, over the years.

If that doesn't work out, there's a Subaru wagon of some sort for sale next to a coffee stand downtown. *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I was going to save up/mooch off my parents some more and get a car this summer. But I've decided to go the eco-friendly route and just buy a camel to ride around campus.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Beagle wrote:Hi Nyaliva! My birthday is Feb. 5th, and it's 7:15 PM Feb. 4th here, but thank you! *hugs* I slept off that happy food quite well last night. I slept with the TV on and my wastebasket by my bedside, tossing my shoes across the room so I wouldn't accidentally throw up in them if I woke up sick. :P I feel better though! Now homework and leftover cake! ^_^
Oh okay, sorry.
HAPPY ACTUAL BIRTHDAY BEAGLE!!!! :D :D :D :P

Glad you feel better, that kind of sick is terrifying, like you're balancing on a 2x4 on a marble on a tight-rope above a pool of lava sharks...with laser beams attached to their heads. I haven't been that sick for about 10 years before a little while ago, it was horrible.

As to the car, I've got a Toyota Corolla that really needs to be fixed, but I've never had enough money to, let alone get a new one. Having taken public transport most of my life, I haven't really had a problem getting around without it anyway.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Happy Birthday Beagle!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Thanks you guys. <3

I pull up last.fm to listen to some music while I read my history textbook, and the first song that plays is Daft Punk's Digital Love. <3
IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD DAY YOU GUYS.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Dissension wrote:I'm considering purchasing a used Volvo XC90. The dealership just marked $1,000 off the price. I'll need to get more information on the vehicle - this particular year model and engine combination is known for transmission issues and there have been some fairly minor recalls, over the years.

If that doesn't work out, there's a Subaru wagon of some sort for sale next to a coffee stand downtown. *giggles*
A guy I used to work with would buy really cheap cars off the street and fix/reupholster them with the help of his friend and cousin. He said once they had it looking good and running up to standards they would sell it for nearly double the price they originally payed for the car and parts. Although I can't see reselling gently used cars as a very profitable endeavor.
also . . .
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Well I slept through my alarm today and woke up about an hour after my first class is supposed to start. But when I opened up my email I saw that class was cancelled at the last minute anyway.
I think it's safe to say it'll be a good day.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Duster wrote:A guy I used to work with would buy really cheap cars off the street and fix/reupholster them with the help of his friend and cousin. He said once they had it looking good and running up to standards they would sell it for nearly double the price they originally payed for the car and parts. Although I can't see reselling gently used cars as a very profitable endeavor.
Many local dealerships (meaning those where I live) mark up the prices of cars they buy by approximately 400-500%, after routine maintenance and cleaning.

FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Duster wrote:
TheMobian wrote:Hey look! I actually have internet access again :mrgreen: For the first time in like... a week? :| Those Internet Badgers are unforgiving and relentless.
And here I thought you fell off the face of the earth!
The world is like a balance beam, everything is fine and dandy only when your balanced on top.
Fortunetly for me, I'm still hanging onto the edge for dear life.
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So, I got stuck behind a totally dunk driver today on my way home from school after a Basketball game. I ended up calling 911 and following them just in case they turned down a different road before the cops pulled them over. This is the first time I've ever had to dial 911 for real.

And now on a different note related to the car talk, if I ever managed to get the money, I would rather have my truck totally gone over and brought back to showroom quality than buy a new one. I can't honestly say I know why other than the fact that I just love it that much. Ever since my dad bought it I was telling my parents that I was going to own it one day. While I don't actually own it yet, I'm still convinced that I'm going to own it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Beagle wrote:Thanks you guys. <3

I pull up last.fm to listen to some music while I read my history textbook, and the first song that plays is Daft Punk's Digital Love. <3
IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD DAY YOU GUYS.
I love that feeling. Sometimes my shuffle just comes up clutch and sets the tone for the day.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My mom took a while to stop saying "I love this song!" when her own iPod was on shuffle. Of course you like this song. You put it here. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:My mom took a while to stop saying "I love this song!" when her own iPod was on shuffle. Of course you like this song. You put it here. :P
Wait, what? XD
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I gave my mom my laptop for Facebook Bingo a few weeks ago. At least she's gaming again =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:My mom took a while to stop saying "I love this song!" when her own iPod was on shuffle. Of course you like this song. You put it here. :P
I dunno I have some music on my Ipod that's only for certain occasions or that I don't really love but I find interesting enough to want to listen to every so often.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Duster

Post by Duster »

GameCobra wrote:I gave my mom my laptop for Facebook Bingo a few weeks ago. At least she's gaming again =P
I bought my mom a nook for Christmas and she won't stop reading it! I mean I am happy and all that I found something she likes but she is kind of addicted to it.
also . . .
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Alternately, she put a ton of crap and a few song she liked on there, to better mimic the radio-listening experience. = P

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Actually it would seem like that now. She usually spends like 3 minutes skipping everything until she gets to a song she wants to hear, which is almost always something CCM.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet, you had better answer my question before I key your car! :P From 700 miles away!
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

My mother had so much music that we could spend 5 hours in the car and not even get through part of them all. Huh, those were the days...

Woah, backpedal before I reach depressing territory.

But yeah, both of my parent's have like a thousand songs on their MP3s, which they used to disturb me. :lol:
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Beagle wrote:Sleet, you had better answer my question before I key your car! :P From 700 miles away!
I'm not sure what you were asking about.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Having that much music is easy, I don't listen to much but I have over 24 hours according to iTunes.
Sent from my conifer.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Nothing describes the modern condition quite like having an Ipod with 2000+ songs and nothing to listen to.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

2,000 songs?

I have 6,100 songs and nothing to listen to. I can't hear you guys over the sounds of my first-world problem. :P
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Duster wrote:
GameCobra wrote:I gave my mom my laptop for Facebook Bingo a few weeks ago. At least she's gaming again =P
I bought my mom a nook for Christmas and she won't stop reading it! I mean I am happy and all that I found something she likes but she is kind of addicted to it.
Reading isn't the worst addiction to have. Though I'd be concerned if she started using it more often for Angry Birds. :P
Seth wrote:Nothing describes the modern condition quite like having an Ipod with 2000+ songs and nothing to listen to.
Talk about first world problems. I haven't measured my collection, but it includes every CD soundtrack for Dance Dance Revolution imported.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Beagle wrote:I can't hear you guys over the sounds of my first-world problem. :P
My favorite first world problem is still when my family complained when they had trouble finding room on the table for all the food we had on Thanksgiving. :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

First world problems are the best thing ever.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I pretty much never have nothing I want to listen to. Gosh, you guys need to branch out more. :P
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I don't really keep anything on my i-pod that I wouldn't want to listen to. I may not always feel like listening to specific songs, but if I was to put it on shuffle, I wouldn't really skip anything.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

first world problems

they're real.
McFly

Post by McFly »

sonic id furreh!!! wrote:first world problems

they're real.
Ha! I was actually thinking about posting that video. FWP at its finest.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Haha! That video was awesome! I like the full cup line, never thought of that one.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book