Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Beagle

Re: Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Post by Beagle »

jopencjusz wrote:Hmmm, I belive it's not natural color for thumb ;)
Nope. I had my hand on the metal railing in the movie theater Friday night. At the end of the railing is a metal cross-section, and I rammed my thumb into it. So now I have a nice purple bruise on the very top of the thumb and a bruise under the nail. Even the lightest touch by anything, including a band-aid, sends me into some pretty bad pain.

I am now perfecting the art of hitting the space bar with only my right thumb.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I generally get several blue fingers every other school day from the primer I have to use in my pluming class. (Well, purple actually) But it goes away by the end of the day.

I find it strange that I'm right handed by use my left thumb exclusively for the space bar. Good luck retraining your hands Beagle, I know it would't be easy for me.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Ow, I'm sorry. Hope it will be better very fast! I had similar thing with my index finger and it's really annoying and painful thing. *hugs*

Hmm, I'm right handed and actually, I'm using my index finger for the space bar, not thumb. Interesting how different we can be at typing on keyboard ;P
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Yep. I'm right-handed and I do almost everything with my left hand. Like maneuvering the screen on my iPod. Which, even touching the screen makes me want to cry.

I heal pretty quickly, so I'm hoping it'll go away by the end of the week. But who knows, I still have a bruise from where I smacked my foot against the shower faucet last week. Did you know there is a nerve on the top of your foot which makes your whole foot go completely numb/useless if you hit it correctly? Yeah, it was fun getting out of the shower that day.

Thanks, jopen. *hugs*
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Unfortunately, I know about this nerve on top of foot and it could looks funny, but definitely it's not ;)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club

Post by 0404 »

jopencjusz wrote:
Hmm, I'm right handed and actually, I'm using my index finger for the space bar, not thumb. Interesting how different we can be at typing on keyboard ;P
That would slow your typing down a bit. Anyway, that's interesting.

Yeah I use my left thumb for space, I think that's how computer teacher told us to do.

If private (I forgot his name) was here he would have said this to you Beag, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe2 ... ata_player.

Hope it heals soon.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

The first comment wrote:I rubbed some bacon on the apocalypse last month.
I saved you all, but you don't need to thank me.
That is the best thing.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I don't know, because I'm very fast at typing on keyboard. For sure none of my friends could do it faster than me. Interesting, because my teachers never told us we should type in different way, so I've never tried to used my thumb like this. Maybe it's because in Polish we have lot of additional letters, characteristic for our language, such as ą, ę, ć, ź, ż, ó and I'm using thumb to type them.

Bacon never gets old ;)

Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

You all have my sympathies. Having a messed up digit is very bothersome. I only have partial use of the index on my left hand due to an injury. It really slowed down my typing.

Hearing all these injuries reminds me of my family.

Most of us are Irish. And if you send any amount of time around a bunch of old Irish folks you learn that status goes to whoever has suffered to greatest tragedy the most recently.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:You all have my sympathies. Having a messed up digit is very bothersome. I only have partial use of the index on my left hand due to an injury. It really slowed down my typing.

Hearing all these injuries reminds me of my family.

Most of us are Irish. And if you spend any amount of time around a bunch of old Irish folks you learn that status goes to whoever has suffered to greatest tragedy the most recently.
I'm a descendant of Lithuanians and Italians. I'm only partly Irish. But yeah, my family reunions are pretty colorful. Ever seen a room full of hysterical, hungry Italians? Hands will be flinging everywhere. :P
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I have something like 8 different nationalities in my immediate related family. Maybe it's only 6 or 7. I don't know.

As for hurting fingers, I once dropped a hatchet on my left index finger. The sharp side.
The only thing that prevented me from losing it (Or at least having some kind of permanent nerve damage) was probably the fact the ground was really soft from some rain we just had.
I was old enough to kind of remember that it happened, but not much beyond that. Looking at my scar, it seems it was just a glorified paper cut. Some stitches and it was fine.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

Genetically my body sucks at healing cuts. I mean it heals cuts heals pretty fast, but it leaves puffed up scars behind it, it's from my Grandma.

and, Jeff as we know as cat owners, scars from cat lasts pretty much for forever...
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I don't have a scar from any cat I've ever interacted with. Just my finger and one on the back of my head.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

You are either a cat whisper or just not clingy with kitties.

So my mom is looking through her memory boxes, I see bunch of letters and diaries, mostly letters. And those letters look like old days facebook. Those looks more meaningful and things were written down from hearts. Also I see actual birthday cards instead of ''HBD'' on facebook.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

My cat accidentally clawed me on my right eyebrow during my freshman year. That was a nasty cut and I still have the scar, a line of bare skin, hair missing from my eyebrow. FlintTheSquirrel might remember when I got it; the first thing he said to me at lunch the next day was, "Why do you have a band-aid on your face?" :P

I have a memory box! It's filled with dance tickets, graduation ceremony handouts, and letters and cards from friends and loved ones. I also have a photo album filled with the pictures I've taken throughout high school.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

So, this makes no sense guys, Im going to RCFM with Sleet, and my parents know Im going down south, kinda. My Dad thinks this is a full on cross country tour, and is now trying to get me a job at Yellowstone National Park, even though I said Im going down south with a few friends, not going cross country, he STILL is trying to get me a job at Yellowstone. I don't know
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Note that Dissension and IJustWantLove might be there too. And I'm not confirmed, but I would still like to go if I can.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

As I remember, I have only one scar on my arm, maybe I have second one on the top of my head, but this I won't know as long, as I'll be bald :P

And I'm 100% pure Pole :P

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:Note that Dissension and IJustWantLove might be there too. And I'm not confirmed, but I would still like to go if I can.
What a frivolous waste of money. :P
Oh wait, that's redundant.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'd pretty much only be going to hang out with Rick.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'll be going as a hologram!

Oh, wait. they wern't invented yet. :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Yes and no on the same time with hologram. Because something they invented ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbrFmPBV0Y

Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I wish I could go.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I wish I was a hologram
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

We all have wishes we want, heh.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tha Housefox wrote:
Sleet wrote:Note that Dissension and IJustWantLove might be there too. And I'm not confirmed, but I would still like to go if I can.
What a frivolous waste of money. :P
Oh wait, that's redundant.
Why is it a waste of money to go somewhere fun and hang out with three friends?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

For some people it can be. If I was a artist, I would be more willing to go, because you can make the cost back. But as I'm not, I have a hard time justifying spending 500 or more to visit with some people for a weekend.
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Foxstar wrote:... I have a hard time justifying spending 500 or more to visit with some people for a weekend.
Oh yea, it can get pricey, and I will freely admit I'd have trouble spending that much to go to one where I didn't know anyone or didn't plan to meet up with folks.

But yea, it can totally be worth every penny to see folks IRL and hang out for a bit, esp if it's the only time you'd see them besides online.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Yeah, this is good reason to think about it and consider to go on it. If I'll know, that I'll meet some guys IRL and I'll have such money, probably I'll go for it. In other case, rather not. Fortunately (or not), I don't have such problem ;)

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

The only reason I can ever see myself going to a con or meet-up or whatever is to meet people. I wouldn't mind spending the money if it meant meeting some of my online friends IRL but otherwise it'd just seem like a waste.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Foxstar wrote:For some people it can be. If I was a artist, I would be more willing to go, because you can make the cost back. But as I'm not, I have a hard time justifying spending 500 or more to visit with some people for a weekend.
I agree with Foxstar.
Besides, I could put that money to so much better use visiting someone else~
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

From where i'm at, I'm at a low budget part of Canada and travel expenses are hard down here without help from others. Not that it's a problem getting help down here, it's very easy, but most people just expect a profit when you travel somewhere since it's easy to live down here with little money, but you can't travel much unless you're somewhere like Calgary or Toronto. I'd venture myself there to make a living, but I just don't want to take the risk. That, and family. Can't picture leaving my family behind.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tha Housefox wrote:
Foxstar wrote:For some people it can be. If I was a artist, I would be more willing to go, because you can make the cost back. But as I'm not, I have a hard time justifying spending 500 or more to visit with some people for a weekend.
I agree with Foxstar.
Not all of us have a someone else~ to visit, Housey. :P
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:
Tha Housefox wrote:
I agree with Foxstar.
Not all of us have a someone else~ to visit, Housey. :P
I don't remember saying y'all did. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Also some of us (not me) have enough money to visit our loved ones and go to conventions. So there are plenty of reasons to go to furry conventions!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I only got to Mad Monster Party (a tradition that I started last year), a horror convention. Even then it is timed perfectly with my tax return. I tend to stay in North Carolina. I love to go places, but I hate to drive. I might go to a furry convention if I get invited to tag along to one, but there never seems to be one in North Carolina. Or Virginia for that matter.

You could have got one started here when Rick still lived here there might be one organized here on his star power alone.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Radio Blue Heart wrote: there never seems to be one in North Carolina.
First rule of North Carolina: There is nothing in North Carolina. Ever. And when there is, you know we all make a huge deal out of it. :P
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Beagle wrote:
First rule of North Carolina: There is nothing in North Carolina. Ever. And when there is, you know we all make a huge deal out of it. :P
Dad tried to make me go to NCSU and live there. I should've used that as an argument. XD
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What did he like so much about NCSU?
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Tha Housefox wrote:
Beagle wrote:
Dad tried to make me go to NCSU and live there. I should've used that as an argument. XD
DANG IT BRENDEN. We could have gone to college together!