Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

jopencjusz

Re: Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Post by jopencjusz »

But it's always something and it gives you some clues ;)
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club

Post by 0404 »

ahem, as a Computer geek, I can modify my ip address.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Well, I guess majority of us can't do this ;P

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Well, you can't exactly "change" your IP address as much as hide it by using something like a proxy or VPN
Sent from my conifer.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

The truth is, that there's always way to find out such things, if you only know how to do it ;)

yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Apparently Jopencjusz lives in Poland for example.
Sent from my conifer.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I knew it's very simple for someone who knows something about it.

I'm not a good example, because I'm not hiding the fact, I'm from Poland ;) It's not good thing to be proud of, but well, I couldn't choose where I live :P

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Did anyone else get sick over Christmas time? I got really sick on Christmas Eve and found out one of my friends was sick then too. (I don't know how bad though)

I don't know, this just hasn't happened to me before. Was there something going around that I didn't know about for some reason?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

This year not, but in the past it was regular part of my Christmas, so I doubt is something unusual ;)

Post by 0404 »

yehoshua wrote:Well, you can't exactly "change" your IP address as much as hide it by using something like a proxy or VPN
I said "modify"! if you are talkin' to me..

Jeff you have been being sick too often.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I worked a six hour shift today. My feet hurt. Also, I'm laying under the Christmas tree with my cat and a glass of tea. I need to finish cleaning my room, but whatever.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
GunRacer

Post by GunRacer »

JeffCvt wrote:Did anyone else get sick over Christmas time? I got really sick on Christmas Eve and found out one of my friends was sick then too. (I don't know how bad though)

I don't know, this just hasn't happened to me before. Was there something going around that I didn't know about for some reason?
Yeah, I've had the crud for a few weeks now. I can only speak for Michigan and Texas, but people I know in both of those places have been dealing with cold-like sicknesses for a while now. Get well soon, man.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Why is it everyone got sick this Christmas? D:
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Virtually everyone where I work had a cold-like illness either before or after Christmas. I managed to avoid infection for several weeks before being subjected to four or five days of moderate discomfort. I'm basically fully recovered now.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I haven't really been sick at all this winter for I am young and stout and took resist disease as a level three feat.

texascat018 wrote: I apologize, would you like some Po Ta Toe chips?
I suppose.
How could I be mad when there are free chips?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

I got sick a little while ago but around Christmas, not so much. I did feel like I was going to vomit inwards and implode on myself on Boxing Day though because I sat in bed and watched movies while eating nothing but Christmas chocolate all day. Seriously, I thought having a TV in my room was a bad idea but I did not expect the change that occurred.
jopencjusz wrote:I'm not a good example, because I'm not hiding the fact, I'm from Poland ;) It's not good thing to be proud of, but well, I couldn't choose where I live :P
I've always wanted to go to Poland one day, my great grandma is from there. Is it not so good (I've heard Warsaw is really nice)?
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Well, it's very specific country, but maybe it's only my point of view ;)

Warsaw, well, I won't say that it's beautiful city, but it's not that bad. I'll suggest to visit Kraków (I don't remember if there's English version). For sure Poznań is very ugly city right now ;)

Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Actually, Kraków sounds familiar as a good city to see too...Ah well, I may never even get a chance to travel but if I do, I'll put it on my list! ;)

I'm on DeviantArt now!
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Everything depends on what you prefer to see - city, architecture and this type stuff, or rather sights and monuments of nature. If the first, I highly recommend Kraków, very beautiful old square, old castle of Polish kings, etc. There're lot of interesting stuff.

Karl

Post by Karl »

Kraków also has a specific architecture, which still has a spirit of Art Noveau. It's also a good place to chill out and enjoy art galleries.

Best period for visit is either spring or summer. Winter is not so awesome those days. No snow...
I'm a bookworm!
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Karlos wrote:Kraków also has a specific architecture, which still has a spirit of Art Noveau. It's also a good place to chill out and enjoy art galleries.

Best period for visit is either spring or summer. Winter is not so awesome those days. No snow...
Agree in 100% with you. And there're lot of other places near Kraków worth visiting ;)

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So, I just got a $25 Amazon gift card from one of my family members that was visiting other family over Christmas. Does anyone have any suggestions what to look at for it?

The only thing I have ever used Amazon for was books, but I don't currently need any more of those. And I kind of want to use it before I forget about it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Buy a GIANT Gummy bear!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:So, I just got a $25 Amazon gift card from one of my family members that was visiting other family over Christmas. Does anyone have any suggestions what to look at for it?

The only thing I have ever used Amazon for was books, but I don't currently need any more of those. And I kind of want to use it before I forget about it.
don't force yourself to buy one, use it when you think you need to use. though if I were you I would get myself another swiss army knife.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Darn you, TexasCat!!!

My dad's been watching "Walker, Texas Ranger" and every time I think of them saying "Walker, Texas Ranger" I feel they should be saying "Walker, Texas Cat". It's messing with my head! :P

Seriously, if I could hear Chuck Norris say "Walker, Texas Cat" just once I think my brain would thank him.

EDIT: How to spend $25 on Amazon?
An Accouterments Bacon Wallet, matching Bacon bandages and with the remaining $10, get another gift card!

Seriously though, I've got no idea. The website's huge enough, you could get anything from a quick-focus monocular to a toy violin to a victorian-style pocket watch.

I'm on DeviantArt now!
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

or....you know, sell it on Ebay.... :ugeek:

seriously, it will AMAZE you what people will be willing to buy :?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sell my gift card on Ebay?
texascat018 wrote:use it when you think you need to use.
I don't ever shop online. If I save it for the next time I try to buy something online, I'm never going to end up using it.

I'm using you all to bounce ideas anyway. I'm actually going to look into getting an old game that I have a copy of that won't work any more. I've gone through 3 copies of it and they have all become too scratched up to play properly. (All on the same levels too) I don't expect that to cost more than $15 though. I guess I'll find something else to buy.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

Nyaliva wrote:Darn you, TexasCat!!!

My dad's been watching "Walker, Texas Ranger" and every time I think of them saying "Walker, Texas Ranger" I feel they should be saying "Walker, Texas Cat". It's messing with my head! :P

Seriously, if I could hear Chuck Norris say "Walker, Texas Cat" just once I think my brain would thank him.
meowhahahhaha come to the State and find him and ask him to say it!
coincidental I am just watching Walker Texas Ranges right now. I would go so happy if I can see Chuck Norris petting A cat with my eyes.

JeffCvt wrote:Sell my gift card on Ebay?
texascat018 wrote:use it when you think you need to use.
I don't ever shop online. If I save it for the next time I try to buy something online, I'm never going to end up using it.

I'm using you all to bounce ideas anyway. I'm actually going to look into getting an old game that I have a copy of that won't work any more. I've gone through 3 copies of it and they have all become too scratched up to play properly. (All on the same levels too) I don't expect that to cost more than $15 though. I guess I'll find something else to buy.
you can buy one of those on Steam store where you can permanently have games online for really (dang cheap) and not worry about won't work anymore Cd's.
or buy pony figures.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I don't play many games to begin with, and even if I did my computer is nothing special.

But I've already ordered it. The game cost $.28, shipping was $3.99. That's what I hate about ordering stuff online.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:I don't play many games to begin with, and even if I did my computer is nothing special.

But I've already ordered it. The game cost $.28, shipping was $3.99. That's what I hate about ordering stuff online.
I wonder how much is the Seller getting from selling that game, 30 cents? and It sucks for me even more, I have to pay about extra 5 to 8 bucks more than what you pay to ship cuz of I live In Canada :(
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

JeffCvt wrote:But I've already ordered it. The game cost $.28, shipping was $3.99. That's what I hate about ordering stuff online.
Hey, you still got the game for $4.27 in the end! Not bad.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

No, I'm not complaining about the final price at all. Considering that physically buying a used copy at a store (If I could find one) would probably be $7-$15, that was a really good price. It's just that the shipping always gets you. And it's always per item.

Ah, first world problems at their finest. I'm going to stop talking about this now and instead talk about spicy foods. Do you all like spicy foods?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
McFly

Post by McFly »

Love 'em.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

I like spicy foods.... but I probably wouldn't eat them unless there's no other choice...

Post by 0404 »

pfffff Spicy food, I have em for breakfast. well, since my family originates from a culture where they eat spicy food on regular bases, I'm just use to it.
' pepper hot sauce dipped pork, chicken and beef, pepper hot sauce dipped pepper, hot fish soup?, hot veggie rice,beef kimchi soup, hot squid veggie thing, it goes on and on...
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Its strange. I am prone to heartburn, but spicy food does not set it off. If anything, peanuts and coffee will do it.

I love Mexican and Italian food the most. I recently discovered Thai food. Its good.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I love spicy food and result is, my family in general is eating more spicy food, than they used to ;)

Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

It's weird, I work in a Mexican restaurant yet I rarely eat spicy food. I love spicy food, I just have to be in the mood for it. Except Japanese curry, I'm always in the mood for Japanese curry.
But it does just become annoying if it's too spicy. Most people say spicy food makes them sweat but for me it makes my nose runny. :P

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Indian food is my favorite. Mmmmm... curry
Nyaliva wrote:Most people say spicy food makes them sweat but for me it makes my nose runny.
It does both to me, and I love it.
Panda Panda Panda
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm just now getting into spicy food. I avoided it on principle when I was little. It's like a whole new world is opened up!