Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

MapleRatty

Re: Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Post by MapleRatty »

...that sounds sucky, hope you have some pain killers, cuz' you'll be feeling that untill late night of tomorrow...dad in pain...awesome :mrgreen:
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Otaku-Boy wrote:...that sounds sucky, hope you have some pain killers, cuz' you'll be feeling that untill late night of tomorrow...dad in pain...awesome :mrgreen:
Nope, I don't have anything in my house to take.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Dubiousity wrote:So if any of you decide you want to go on a 5 hour walk, go ahead and DON'T DO THAT. It may just end up being one of the most painful experiences you've had in recent memory.

It's been 6 hours and I'm still limping.
Dubs, if you twisted your ankle or something, go to the doctor immediately. They need to set it before it starts to heal. If it starts healing, it will heal incorrect and you could be in pain for the rest of your life, or the doctors can break it again and set it. Either way, you'd be prolonging the pain by delaying the visit to the doctor.

Or if you're just sore, I can't help you there. XD Marching band, waitressing jobs, and other work experiences have taught me how to handle being on my feet. XD
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Beagle wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:So if any of you decide you want to go on a 5 hour walk, go ahead and DON'T DO THAT. It may just end up being one of the most painful experiences you've had in recent memory.

It's been 6 hours and I'm still limping.
Dubs, if you twisted your ankle or something, go to the doctor immediately. They need to set it before it starts to heal. If it starts healing, it will heal incorrect and you could be in pain for the rest of your life, or the doctors can break it again and set it. Either way, you'd be prolonging the pain by delaying the visit to the doctor.

Or if you're just sore, I can't help you there. XD Marching band, waitressing jobs, and other work experiences have taught me how to handle being on my feet. XD
I didn't twist my ankle or anything, I just walked a long time nonstop. I was still awake and full of energy at 6:40am so I decided to wander around a bit, and I didn't end up getting home until noon. I spent maybe 20 minutes of that time not on my feet.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

wait a minute, you walked early in th morning and didn't get till' noon, HOW ARE YOU NOT CURSING FATE FOR HATING YOU!?!? :shock:

I'd orchestrate a chain of event(if it happened by accident like getting lost) to kill the IDEA of fate if I walked from 6AM to 5P- wait you said 5 HOURS...never mind :?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

See this is the kind of thing that happens when you don't embrace a sedentary lifestyle. Shame on you kids for getting outside.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

I've recently started enjoying a good walk but I've never gone more than an hour or so. I don't know what to say to 5 hours...
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I used to walk everywhere. The bus pass has made me weak.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

I've walked for four hours before (in flip-flops - I still, to this day, have no idea what I was thinking), and can go for two easily.

But six? Lawdy, that's a bit ridiculous even for me...

Hmm...

Maybe I should try it.
*cough*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I love walking! The only thing I don't like about winter is that I have to put on a coat if I want to go for a nice walk.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Just woke up, and I can confirm that my legs still hurt quite a bit. Also it's cold in my room, which is the worst thing ever when you wake up.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

My suggestion is to go check on it if you feel it's not going to be recovering anytime soon. If it feels like it's staying with you overnight, it might be because your having trouble recovering from the walk somehow, which i'm not sure would cause that. Hope that helps :)
Sleet wrote:I love walking! The only thing I don't like about winter is that I have to put on a coat if I want to go for a nice walk.
Walking beats driving anyday of the week. I only need a car for driving to work, but i wish i could walk everyday =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

GameCobra wrote:My suggestion is to go check on it if you feel it's not going to be recovering anytime soon. If it feels like it's staying with you overnight, it might be because your having trouble recovering from the walk somehow, which i'm not sure would cause that. Hope that helps :)
My muscles are still quite sore and probably still fatigued from yesterday. For someone who doesn't go on very many walks, a sudden 5 hour walk is quite the leap.

Post by 0404 »

Dubiousity wrote:
GameCobra wrote:My suggestion is to go check on it if you feel it's not going to be recovering anytime soon. If it feels like it's staying with you overnight, it might be because your having trouble recovering from the walk somehow, which i'm not sure would cause that. Hope that helps :)
My muscles are still quite sore and probably still fatigued from yesterday. For someone who doesn't go on very many walks, a sudden 5 hour walk is quite the leap.
Giant leap for a Dubiousity kind
Ask someone for a leg massage

I once had to walk about an hour with friends in a snowstorm at temperture of -30'c. I died.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

texascat018 wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:
Giant leap for a Dubiousity kind
Ask someone for a leg massage

I once had to walk about an hour with friends in a snowstorm at temperture of -30'c. I died.
Asking for that would be way too awkward, I'm fine on my own.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Walking isn't practical for me. The nearest place that I can walk to is probably 5 miles away. And that's just an overpriced gas station.

I personally love riding my bike. However, the neatest bike trails are about 20 min. away by car. It's not that I can't go to them, but it would be so much easier if I could just bike to it. There is supposed to be a new trail put in that extends between two towns, but that probably won't happen for years.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

If I exercise hard, my muscles will always hurt the next day but most of the pain goes away by the day after. Keep your legs warm as best you can Dubiosity and stretch them occasionally. If they don't get any better by tomorrow, I'd say see a doctor.

Also, I have a friend in finance and he says that recent international activities mean the US dollar may fall in the next five or six months, which may cause values of other currencies to fall along with it. He said stock up on long-life food, expensive pharmaceuticals and gold and silver if you can afford it (they hold their value regardless of the dollar) if you want to be overly careful. If the government handles it well it shouldn't come to anything so don't be alarmed!
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not sure I believe that will happen with such certainty. But also let's be careful not to discuss politics.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I walk pretty much everywhere I need to go on campus but that's never really that far. My friends and I used to walk a couple miles a day during the summer when we were in middle/high school. But that's just because we never had anything better to do.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I've never been much for walks. I'd like to start running more, though. Impending zombie apocalypse and all that.

And speaking of politics, [REDACTED]
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Oh is that this year? I better save the date or something. I'd hate to miss it. that'd be quite embarassing for me.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

KJOokami wrote:I've never been much for walks. I'd like to start running more, though. Impending zombie apocalypse and all that.
you should make your self a Zombie apocalypse Survival kit, you know just in case.
this is my Bag of survival kit, all of these goes in to a small bag.
knives
medkit,Pain pills
roll of Duct tapes
matches, lighter
Fishing kit
candles
aluminum foil
sewing kit
plastic bags
AA batteries
water proof Flash light
Salt container
Chocolates
water filter
Canadian $5 and American $5
etc...
and my kitty
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Dubiousity wrote:
Gah, Dubs!
I logged onto Skype; I was going to teach you how to do leg stretches, which is what you need to make the soreness go away. I've been having to do them the last few days because my job has been making my legs hurt too. Band warm-ups teach you how to deal with sore/pulled muscles. :V
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

"Just deal with it and march"? :D
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:"Just deal with it and march"? :D
Yeah, that too. XD
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I have trouble doing that, I don't exactly have the highest pain threshold.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Get a bed mat and slide down the stairs with it, it doesn't hurt, and it WILL dull down your nerves for a while(my cousins...aren't very smart)
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Otaku-Boy wrote:Get a bed mat and slide down the stairs with it, it doesn't hurt, and it WILL dull down your nerves for a while(my cousins...aren't very smart)
I'm going to have to decline.

Post by 0404 »

Take some pain pills?
Sleep is the best medicine known to mankind and I'm sick as well, arghhhhh someone take my sickness away from me.
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

the only time i walk non-stop is during the pumpkin fest, it starts at around 8 am and ends 3 days later at around late o' clock :3
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

texascat018 wrote:this is my Bag of survival kit, all of these goes in to a small bag.
I don't see in the picture, nor listed in the description of items, rope. I see that brown/black looking thing in the bottom right, but it doesn't look like a true rope.

And ideally, your flashlight should not be battery powered, but self powered. One that you can crank to charge and produce light. (Or shake. I've seen ones that you can shake too) Otherwise it becomes useless when the batteries die. (Even if you pack 30 spare batteries, they will all eventually die. Plus they will take up room and weigh a lot.)

And now that I think about it, are those matches waterproof? You could put them in a plastic bag, but waterproof matches would be ideal. Maybe even a fire piston I think it's called. You put just a little bit of burnable material in it, and when you push down the top really fast and hard, and if you dump the material out fast enough, it should be smoldering from the energy caused by rapid compression of the air in the tube. It never loses the ability to make fire, unlike matches or a lighter.

Hey, that's my motto.

I don't miss school or band for almost anything. Even getting sick.

When I missed a day of band practice during the marching season, one of the drumline members was seriously worried because I won't miss it for anything. (As it turns out, I actually did miss it because I was sick. I stayed home so I could get better and be ready for Friday night.)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I walked a marathon once. It wasn't until afterward that my paws felt agonizing.

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:
texascat018 wrote:this is my Bag of survival kit, all of these goes in to a small bag.
I don't see in the picture, nor listed in the description of items, rope. I see that brown/black looking thing in the bottom right, but it doesn't look like a true rope.

And ideally, your flashlight should not be battery powered, but self powered. One that you can crank to charge and produce light. (Or shake. I've seen ones that you can shake too) Otherwise it becomes useless when the batteries die. (Even if you pack 30 spare batteries, they will all eventually die. Plus they will take up room and weigh a lot.)

And now that I think about it, are those matches waterproof? You could put them in a plastic bag, but waterproof matches would be ideal. Maybe even a fire piston I think it's called. You put just a little bit of burnable material in it, and when you push down the top really fast and hard, and if you dump the material out fast enough, it should be smoldering from the energy caused by rapid compression of the air in the tube. It never loses the ability to make fire, unlike matches or a lighter.
That thing is a shoe lace :lol: it's not really there to replace rope, I just have it there, better than nothing. Yeah I should really get those flashies but my budgets are low, I already spent this month's allowence to buy a sharpening stone. My knives are so sharp now that I can just cut a regular piece of paper just with force of gravity.

anyway that ain't waterproof, just regular cheap boxes of matches. I'm just thinking about getting a fire starter that Bear Grills has. Instead of piston, IDK why but those looks more Campery.
do you have your own Jeef?
And I really want machete... to make my way through jungles and forests of course.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I don't really have any of that. (Except rope. In my truck. In case I have to tie something down.)

Between the Bear Grylls fire starter and the fire piston, I would probably chose the fire piston. For the simple fact that even the Bear Grylls fire starter could, in theory, run out of the stuff that creates the sparks. Although it does look pretty good and I would take it over most other stuff. I guess the best option would be both.

Although at this point I'm talking like you would be stuck for over a year or something without help. If it gets to that point, you should know how to start fire without anything but two sticks anyway.

Oh, one more thing you may want. A small radio. It would be useful to be able to listen to any radio stations that would be playing.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

texascat018 wrote:and my kitty
Joong is going to help you survive? Cool.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/

Post by 0404 »

In all honesty, all I need is Swiss army knife and some rools of ductapes, Who needs radio if you can make one out of coat hanger, car batteries, aluminm foil , wires, pineapples and paper clips?
I'm learning all the survival things in cadet (Military afterschool), I'll do fine.
few days before I yelled out 'it's exactly a month before end of the end of the world!' And everone was like 'that's so 2011' .
The Grey Wolverine wrote:
texascat018 wrote:and my kitty
Joong is going to help you survive? Cool.
Joong will catch some rats to eat for two of us.
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

psst... texascat... is that gif of the person kissing his cat you and your cat?
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Or she will defend you with her cuteness!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/

Post by 0404 »

That ain't me, I don't have curely hair, my cat is grey and I wear glasses. I just found that one interweb. Aren't they so cute?
The Grey Wolverine wrote:Or she will defend you with her cuteness!
She will scare the ghosts away too!
Last edited by 0404 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

texascat018 wrote: I'm learning all the survival things in cadet (Military afterschool), I'll do fine.
few days before I yelled out 'it's exactly a month before end of the end of the world!' And everone was like 'that's so 2011' .
if the 2012 thing is true, I hope its quick and painless, cuz an agoning and long death isn't in my want list

well...thats a depressing thought isn't it