Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Wanderer, you're right about the maximum score of the SATs, but a perfect score is basically impossible, and they even throw in a few questions that they don't expect anyone taking the test to be able to answer. With that in mind, Beagle's score is a fairly good score considering how low a score someone can get.

Even if it weren't a good score, that would simply be your interpretation. By her standards, it's a good score and there's no need to call her out and tell her it isn't that great. Because a "good score" really depends on what colleges one is trying to get into. If that score gets her into a college she wants to go to, then it's a good score. However, it is a bad score for someone trying to get into Harvard or some other school with high standards.

Please be respectful of the opinions of others.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd yet again the internet proves itself to be an inexhaustible source of drama. A perpetual drama machine if you will......

Anyway that got awkward really quick so let's all talk about this instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8KRKlWrztA
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wanderer wrote:
Nyaliva wrote: -Wanderer, you are an awesome person and if we ever laugh at you, we are actually laughing with you, as cliche as that sounds :).
Sorry to say but that actually was not very reassuring.

If I recall correctly, the maximum score on the SAT is 2400. Its actually not that great of a score just letting you know.
Please do not belittle other members.
The Rules wrote:No Flaming. Do not openly attack, insult, belittle, or abuse another poster. You will be warned if this occurs; you will be banned on grounds of harassment if this appears to be chronic.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Seth wrote:Anyway that got awkward really quick so let's all talk about this instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8KRKlWrztA
I wonder how long the owners had to take to get their dog to do that...that dog looks creepy in that outfit :?
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Let me tell you about Homestuck.

Post by 0404 »

ppffff nothing beats this
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

texascat018 wrote:ppffff nothing beats this
This is the best thing, and I love you.
McFly

Post by McFly »

I am definitely gonna show this to my friends. :lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Needs more cat =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Beagle wrote:http://youtu.be/7bcV-TL9mho

PUPPIES! <3
I'd hate to be the one who has to take all those puppies for a walk :?

...I fell out of my chair from all those colors...owww...BUT THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
GameCobra wrote:Needs more cat =3
KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY!!!!!!! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!
...wow Im pathetic :oops:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I showed the dog thing to my mom. Her response as she's busting a gut laughing: "Where do you find this crap?! And you're going off to college next year?!"

Yeah mom, broke college students need entertainment somehow. :P
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Haha OK. I think I'm not going to chat anymore. Almost everything I say is bound to get me a warning and in turn get me banned. See you all later.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Just re-read the rules and make sure to follow them, and you're welcome here anytime.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

words cannot express how happy this makes me.
Beagle wrote:I showed the dog thing to my mom. Her response as she's busting a gut laughing: "Where do you find this crap?! And you're going off to college next year?!"

Hate to break it to you but once you hit college youtube ceases to be entertaining and becomes some kind of terrible labyrinth of excuses to put off your homework all night in 3 minute incriments. :P

So yesterday I was sure that the local pop station was playing a song I used to jam out to in high school. thenI realized that song hadn't been on the radio for like two years and I felt old
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Seth wrote:
words cannot express how happy this makes me.
Beagle wrote:I showed the dog thing to my mom. Her response as she's busting a gut laughing: "Where do you find this crap?! And you're going off to college next year?!"

Hate to break it to you but once you hit college youtube ceases to be entertaining and becomes some kind of terrible labyrinth of excuses to put off your homework all night in 3 minute incriments. :P

So yesterday I was sure that the local pop station was playing a song I used to jam out to in high school. thenI realized that song hadn't been on the radio for like two years and I felt old
Hate to break it to you, but that's already happened before. :P If I can ever manage to blow up my internet connection, maybe I can get these two scholarship essays, physics project, and 130 pages of Jane Eyre done by Tuesday morning. :lol:
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sleet wrote:Just re-read the rules and make sure to follow them, and you're welcome here anytime.
Sure... As a wanderer, I'm not welcome anywhere.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

@Seth: old school music, my guilty pleasure :roll: :lol:

@Beagle: I might have what you need 8-) MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Wanderer wrote:Sure... As a wanderer, I'm not welcome anywhere.
DON'T GO! YOUR AWESOME!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Wanderer wrote:Haha OK. I think I'm not going to chat anymore. Almost everything I say is bound to get me a warning and in turn get me banned. See you all later.
Wanderer wrote:
Sleet wrote:Just re-read the rules and make sure to follow them, and you're welcome here anytime.
Sure... As a wanderer, I'm not welcome anywhere.
Wanderer, stop. I'm personally not happy with this. You really don't see the connotative effects of your speech pattern sometimes, and it can come out as a stab to others. For example, I've hardly ever spoken to you before, and the comment you made about my SAT score was completely out of context and uncalled for. And I was online when something similar to this happened before a few weeks ago. Why do you get indignant about it when multiple people notice the problem? It's not just one person trying to make you look bad for some unwholly reason, it's a whole team of people just asking you if you can sometimes take a step back and re-evaluate the things you've said. But instead you become angry about it, claiming that we do not want you here. And I know from seeing previous posts that oftentimes you feel wothless, like no one cares about you, or you hate yourself. So if you can see there's a problem, if people have given suggestions to you about your behavior, would it be so hard as for you to take a step back for just a moment and make a concious effort to be more polite to people? Be kind online? Lots of nice people will talk to you. Hold open a door for a stranger? Recieve a smile and know that you're appreciate. Don't feel sorry for yourself, channel that negative energy and know that you can be a really great person if you'd just give a little bit of effort.

Look, I apologize to you for my sarcastic comment, and the reason I didn't get jumped on by the Mods was based off of the fact that I am never, ever rude to anyone here, unless I've been provoked. I'm respectful to everyone and it's very evident. I probably would not have even responded to you if I hadn't already been having a bad day, with that post being the straw that broke the camel's back.

Wanderer, you are always welcomed by me as along as you give me and everyone else the same amount of respect I give to other people.

And in other news,
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Beagle wrote: Hate to break it to you, but that's already happened before. :P If I can ever manage to blow up my internet connection, maybe I can get these two scholarship essays, physics project, and 130 pages of Jane Eyre done by Tuesday morning. :lol:
Last minute Jane Eyre reading? It's like I'm in high school all over again (If I remember correctly my summer reading project on Jane Eyre was finished at about 2 am the morning my junior year started.) Good luck with all that senior year stuff. keep your coffee mug handy!
Otaku-Boy wrote:@Seth: old school music, my guilty pleasure :roll: :lol:
3 years is hardly old school young 'un. :P
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I had to read The Scarlett Letter for that particular summer reading. :P
Two problems: 1) Caffeine doesn't affect me anymore. 2) Coffee gives me a major crash even though it never gave me a sugar high to begin with. Which always happens to be in third period, which was Calculus last year and physics this year. I'd be crap out of luck if my body wasn't trained to function on 4-7 hours of sleep with no problem. :P
DanTwelve3

Post by DanTwelve3 »

Most of the music I listen to is far older than myself. I just can't get enough of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones or Simon and Garfunkel to name just a few. Mozart and Beethoven hang out too.

Don't worry, I enjoy plenty of new music as well.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Beagle wrote:I had to read The Scarlett Letter for that particular summer reading. :P
Two problems: 1) Caffeine doesn't affect me anymore. 2) Coffee gives me a major crash even though it never gave me a sugar high to begin with. Which always happens to be in third period, which was Calculus last year and physics this year. I'd be crap out of luck if my body wasn't trained to function on 4-7 hours of sleep with no problem. :P
Man that sounds awful. I'd die without coffee. I usually get enough sleep to function with some semblance of normalcy but there are some days where I need it to get through the day.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Coffee is my elixir of life. Am I the only one who can drink it black?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Coffee is my elixir of life. Am I the only one who can drink it black?
*high fives* I can!
I really hate sweet stuff, but I do like sweet coffee creamers.

@Seth- Oh, I love coffee, but I after I abused it with AP Chemistry at 8:00 AM all last year, it doesn't help me anymore. :P
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Coffee is my elixir of life. Am I the only one who can drink it black?
ew
I don't like it particularly sugary but I need some milk or creamer or something.

@beagle have you considered just drinking more coffee? :P
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Seth wrote:@beagle have you considered just drinking more coffee? :P
In all levels of digustingness and uncouth, even one cup of coffee turns my internal plumbing into World War III, so I think not. :P
The Grey Wolverine

I am now imagining the Battle of the Bulge in someone's belly, why?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:I am now imagining the Battle of the Bulge in someone's belly, why?
I was actually debating on plainly saying, "coffee gives me the craps," but I tried to be lady-like about it. :P

HEY GUYS. Look, it's my Facebook status:
"[My best gal friend] says that I make an excellent sandwich. Boys, I shall await your marriage proposals."

Also, when it takes you ten attempts to spell your first name correctly at the log-in screen, it's time to go to sleep. XP
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Beagle wrote:"[My best gal friend] says that I make an excellent sandwich. Boys, I shall await your marriage proposals."
It's the strangest thing, really, but I suddenly have an overwhelming urge to ask for your hand in marriage.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

:lol:

Hey, to all my friends on the northern East Coast, please, please, please stay safe today. It's cozy and chilly here in NC, but I'm really worried about my family and the forumites. :/
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Why do you think I'm on right now? Because of this dumb storm school was canceled for today and tomorrow.

From what I'm seeing right now, it's nothing to worry about. I've slept through worse thunderstorms. I think the biggest worry is the coast where flooding is more likely because of the size of it more than anything.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

JeffCvt wrote:Why do you think I'm on right now? Because of this dumb storm school was canceled for today and tomorrow.

From what I'm seeing right now, it's nothing to worry about. I've slept through worse thunderstorms. I think the biggest worry is the coast where flooding is more likely because of the size of it more than anything.
The flooding over here is amazing. So much water, everywhere. Aaahhhh.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Jeff, I don't even know what state you live in. :P

The northern states (Maryland and above) are dealing with some horrible winds right now. This is a huge issue for cities like Boston and New York City, where the buildings are dozens of stories high. (Wind power increases at higher altitudes.)

Just be careful, guys!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Beagle wrote:Jeff, I don't even know what state you live in. :P
It's in the Eastern Time zone. I may not want people to know what state I specifically live in, but I am in the path of the storm. And am getting hit by it now.

And I can tell you this. I was just outside and it wasn't raining that hard, the wind isn't that bad (Where I am), and my power is still on (Well, that on is a duh considering I'm on here now). While I'm not taking this storm lightly, I have yet to see anything where I am to make me concerned. (Except a lot of water. But I've seen worse from bad thunderstorms before.) Irene was worse. This storm has yet to even come close to it yet.

(Note: These are all based on where I am living. I don't know how things are for everyone else)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
The Grey Wolverine

Beagle wrote::lol:

Hey, to all my friends on the northern East Coast, please, please, please stay safe today. It's cozy and chilly here in NC, but I'm really worried about my family and the forumites. :/
Well, for now I'm okay, but the winds are scary fast, and tomorrow its going to be right on top of me, so woo hoo Imma die!
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

I have a lot of friends in the path of Hurricane Sandy, hopefully it turns out to be nothing more but a week or so without power.
My prayers are with you all!
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

THERES A HURRICANE :shock:

I hope you all the best of luck ;)

Post by 0404 »

stay Alive! y'all.
you are not dying on my watch !!!
Daggy wrote:
go find Brent! now!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think anyone has more to fear than Hurricane Dirty Dan and Hurricane Pinhead Larry.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

texascat018 wrote:
Daggy wrote:
go find Brent! now!
I don't even know WHERE he lives other than by ODU, and that area is SUPER flooded.