Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

yehoshua

Re: Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Post by yehoshua »

I'm buying amazon kindles and setting photoshopped zombie alpacas as wallpapers, then commanding my dog to attack them and to tear the kindles apart until I can't even see a single integrated circuit whole. I need to have him trained for the impending zombie alpacalypse.
Sent from my conifer.
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

Otaku-Boy wrote:
texascat018 wrote: I'm learning all the survival things in cadet (Military afterschool), I'll do fine.
few days before I yelled out 'it's exactly a month before end of the end of the world!' And everone was like 'that's so 2011' .
if the 2012 thing is true, I hope its quick and painless, cuz an agoning and long death isn't in my want list

well...thats a depressing thought isn't it
it isn't true
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

No proof against something happening next month, only proof against every postulated theory. For all we know, it could be zombie alpacas.
Sent from my conifer.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

yehoshua wrote:I'm buying amazon kindles and setting photoshopped zombie alpacas as wallpapers, then commanding my dog to attack them and to tear the kindles apart until I can't even see a single integrated circuit whole. I need to have him trained for the impending zombie alpacalypse.
But he'll go after the zombie alpacas still. What will you do about the other zombies?
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Wait... What do you mean "other zombies"?
Sent from my conifer.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

The alpaca's will bite other animals eventually, so you will run into zombie horses, sheep, cows, pigs, and other petting zoo or farm zombies.
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

But those zombie animals would quickly reject the contagion and dissolve into puddles of hydrogen which will then evaporate because hydrogen does not remain liquid while under normal temperatures.

It's only simple chemistry.
Sent from my conifer.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I see, but wouldn't that cause water to become undrinkable if these puddles come into contact with it. The water could react to create contaminated OH- and H3O+ ions. Then it could easily follow the reverse reaction to turn into contaminated Dihydrogen Monoxide!
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

No need to worry, the puddles won't have time to reach water since they evaporate so quickly. Our biggest concerns would have to be if the hydrogen fills our atmosphere, increasing flammability and making it harder to breath, also if cobalt, carbon and oxygen become CoCO.
Sent from my conifer.

Post by 0404 »

yehoshua wrote:No need to worry, the puddles won't have time to reach water since they evaporate so quickly. Our biggest concerns would have to be if the hydrogen fills our atmosphere, increasing flammability and making it harder to breath, also if cobalt, carbon and oxygen become CoCO.
You know how flamable cobalt,Carbon and oxygens are called? Hot CoCO
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

That was painfully hilarious, now excuse me while I search for my left tonsil.
Sent from my conifer.

Post by 0404 »

Do I deserve a gold badge? Au yeahhhh
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I dare say nitrogen oxide.
Sent from my conifer.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Nitrous oxide you mean?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

That is a definite maybe.
Sent from my conifer.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Otaku-Boy wrote:
texascat018 wrote: I'm learning all the survival things in cadet (Military afterschool), I'll do fine.
few days before I yelled out 'it's exactly a month before end of the end of the world!' And everone was like 'that's so 2011' .
if the 2012 thing is true, I hope its quick and painless, cuz an agoning and long death isn't in my want list

well...thats a depressing thought isn't it
well seeing as the Mayans didn't have leap years we've already passed the date that their calendar ends. So I think we're good.

As far as zombie outbreaks go I'm just hoping for the quirky meta-humor type of apocalypse. If that's the case I can finally put my film studies and affinity for zombie movies to practical use!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Or we can go to a logical route and relize that zombies are basically humans without everything keeping us alive(no self preservation skils come to mind, they're basically DESIGNED to be animal snacks), and they're also basically big bags of rotting meat, and would decompose before anything serious would happen.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

While that's true you'd have to find a secure location with a sustainalbe food/water source to allow you to wait long enough for the zombies to decompose to the point where they couldn't threaten you.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Or you could stay in your house (they aren't very smart) and let all the hungry animals in town sovle the problem.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yep, that's pretty much the best course of action. However, in any zombie apocalypse scenario there's already something out of the ordinary that makes zombies different from corpses. Who says it can't also make them stronger/smarter?

I find it frightening how many people out there actually believe the 2012 end of the world thing.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Post by 0404 »

Sleet wrote: I find it frightening how many people out there actually believe the 2012 end of the world thing.
hey at least on Dec 22 you can say "in your Face!" to everyone who believed that.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There has to be a way to make money off of irresponsible decisions done with the idea that the world is going to end. Hmm...
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sleet wrote:Who says it can't also make them stronger/smarter?
Well, the "stronger" thing is debatable, as a human never really does utilize their full capacity for strength while alive due to having pain receptors that would force them to stop at a certain point. Since they would no longer feel pain as zombies, they could technically push themselves to their absolute limit, which would make them stronger than the average human. However, this would also mean that they'd likely be tearing muscles left and right and would make their limbs completely useless rather quickly if it came to busting down doors, walls, etc.

But I really don't know if there's even an argument that could be made that they'd be smarter than the average human as well. I mean, I've heard that humans tend to utilize only a small portion of their brain, so there's certainly room for improvement, but I don't see any reason why becoming a walking corpse would help them improve in that area.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sleet wrote:There has to be a way to make money off of irresponsible decisions done with the idea that the world is going to end. Hmm...
Become a lawyer. Or a contractor who fixes all of the damage.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Make a bet with a LARGE number of people: 2012 kills or no

bet no, and if we live, you should get AT LEAST a decent buck.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

KJOokami wrote:
Well, the "stronger" thing is debatable, as a human never really does utilize their full capacity for strength while alive due to having pain receptors that would force them to stop at a certain point. Since they would no longer feel pain as zombies, they could technically push themselves to their absolute limit, which would make them stronger than the average human. However, this would also mean that they'd likely be tearing muscles left and right and would make their limbs completely useless rather quickly if it came to busting down doors, walls, etc.

But I really don't know if there's even an argument that could be made that they'd be smarter than the average human as well. I mean, I've heard that humans tend to utilize only a small portion of their brain, so there's certainly room for improvement, but I don't see any reason why becoming a walking corpse would help them improve in that area.
But at the same time, are zombies breathing? Your brain needs oxygen to survive, and so does everything else (muscles, heart, etc), but without the brain (the control system ofthe body), it doesn't matter.

So if they're breathing, which they'd have to in order to even have movement, they would be considered alive and not the walking dead. Therefore, if the pop culture portrayals of zombie being murderous and evil are accurate, a zombie is merely a dark being that exists without the principals of learned behavior, rightousness, or humanity.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Beagle wrote: But at the same time, are zombies breathing? Your brain needs oxygen to survive, and so does everything else (muscles, heart, etc), but without the brain (the control system ofthe body), it doesn't matter.
Your argument is invalid.
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Beagle wrote:
KJOokami wrote:

But at the same time, are zombies breathing? Your brain needs oxygen to survive, and so does everything else (muscles, heart, etc), but without the brain (the control system ofthe body), it doesn't matter.

So if they're breathing, which they'd have to in order to even have movement, they would be considered alive and not the walking dead. Therefore, if the pop culture portrayals of zombie being murderous and evil are accurate, a zombie is merely a dark being that exists without the principals of learned behavior, rightousness, or humanity.
That actually has a lot more potential story-wise than the traditional re-animated corpse thing. (28 days later "rage zombies" come to mind but it's still a relatively untapped source of ideas.)
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

KJOokami wrote:

I never said smarter than a human, just smarter than a shambling corpse.

As for the strength thing, the whole thing about exerting itself with no regard for survival is pretty much perfect for zombie fiction. This makes them fairly fragile and yet still deadly.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Shouldn't they be kind of rotting? I'm not saying they all have to do that but someone pointed out to me that zombies are the walking dead, they would be a but decayed, but oh well, its fiction.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

In my mind, they are. They don't last too long. That's why they need to make new zombies.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Okay, I'm going to be honest: you people probably know more about zombies than the creators!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I love zombie series. from Resident Evil to The Walking Dead. But here's what i like about Zombies in general ~ Massive swarm of durable human beings. You don't see durability in zombie movies these days because the theory of brain damage seems to be a commonly good belief.

28 days later pretty much gave the best example of zombies/infectees when they aren't killing people for long periods. But then again, I always thought of the same thing as well about Zombies in general. They only stay undead for so long and then die off. As for their strength, I thought of human animals with the sense to survive. Makes it creepy if you thought of fear as a different driving mechanic for zombie movies rather than survival ,however.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
McFly

Post by McFly »

Zombie problem? Get some plants.

Plain and simple.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

PEASHOOTERS!!!

READY!!!!

AIM!!!!!

FIRE!!!!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

No don't shoot Pea! He's awesome!
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

...can you give me a list of the mods my shooter CAN shoot :twisted:

cuz if not...DISSSHOOTERS!

READY!!

AIM!!!

FIRE!!!!
McFly

Post by McFly »

Hey Sleet, Pea called. He wants his lame joke back. :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

McFly wrote:Hey Sleet, Pea called. He wants his lame joke back. :P
impossible, Pea never had any lame jokes
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

McFly wrote:Hey Sleet, Pea called. He wants his lame joke back. :P
I vote this post of the year.

I'm still laughing.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit