Opinions on Therianthropy

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Malkus

Opinions on Therianthropy

Post by Malkus »

Therianthropy is typically described as being the metamorphosis of humans into animals and vice versa. Wikifur describes therianthropes as "beings that are partly human and partly animal, and in this sense is synonymous with the fandom's term furry." However, I am referring to the subculture that has sprung up from this term over the years.

The Therianthropy I am referring to is the belief that (according to Wikifur) "they (therians) have an intrinsic, personal, and integral connection to an animal (or animals). Most believe that mental and emotional shifts can occur as a result; a controversial minority extend this to the physical world".

Therians often believe that certain aspects of a person can shift into their phenotype. Such 'shifts' as they are called include:
-P Shifts = Physical shifts in which the actual physical form of the being shifts.
-M Shifts = Mental shifts which transform the mentality of the individual into that of their phenotype through the use of hypnotism (self induced or otherwise) or meditation.
-S Shifts = Spiritual shifts, often referred to as 'astral shifting'.
-Lucid Shifts = Through the use of lucid dreaming, the individual is able to experience their phenotype through the use of their dreams and outside of the restrictions of the physical world.

I myself am a therian of the phenotype Canis lupus arctos and I was wondering about the opinions of others on the topic of therianthropy.

A couple things: I do not believe in the possibility of p shifting due to the limited ability of the human mind as well as the restrictions of the laws of physics and chemistry. I do, however, believe in and utilize m shifts and lucid shifts.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Opinions on Therianthropy

Post by Sleet »

This is too much a hot button issue. Sorry, Malkus.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!