No
25%
Yes
75%

Total votes: 348

matthew Wolf

Re: Are You A Furry?

Post by matthew Wolf »

that kinda reminds me my fursonas paws would be blue ...... which is why i wear these n bright blue nike shoes XD but no one knows thats why I also think my fursona would have glow in the dark fur like just maybe the paws the colors on mine would be a not to dark shade of brown highlighted with a light shade of blue i got this idea by my room is painted with these colors
Attachments
HNI_0015_JPG.JPG
HNI_0015_JPG.JPG (57.64 KiB) Viewed 13259 times
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Sleet wrote:Hey I was a pretty mellow furry when I started out!
Trust me Sleet, I've seen some **** in my time.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Bolly wrote:I used to be all like "ermagerd im a wolf in a hooman's body" when I started out in the fandom, but then I realised how pathetic that sounded. All newbies tend to start off waaaaaay over the top.
The Blue Fox wrote:
I sometimes describe myself as a blue fox trapped in the physical form of a human.
I think this is a more accurate statement for most furries, they see themselves as an animal born with the physical appearance of a human.
I kinda feel like this makes me seem like a total n00b, while I believe myself to be a pretty experienced furry by now.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

The Blue Fox wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:
I sometimes describe myself as a blue fox trapped in the physical form of a human.
I think this is a more accurate statement for most furries, they see themselves as an animal born with the physical appearance of a human.
I kinda feel like this makes me seem like a total n00b, while I believe myself to be a pretty experienced furry by now.
If that's the way in which you identify as a furry, then there's nothing wrong with that at all. It isn't the same for everyone. However, from my own experience, the majority of people in the fandom see it as a hobby. As a bit of fun. Something that really isn't meant to be taken seriously, but which they enjoy. They appreciate the art, the fursuits, the company, the friends, etc., but they know full well that they are humans, who occasionally (and in the right company) pretend that they're humans pretending to be animals. But then you have furry lifestylers, and to a degree you also have therians/otherkin, which is more spiritual. But, like I said, it isn't the same for everyone.

All I was trying to say is that, again, from my own experience, a lot of people new to the fandom start off thinking that they're animals in human form, as I did, because that's what they think they have to do to be a furry. But, like I did, some people then realise that all that makes them a furry is, well, that they identify as a furry. There's no "have to" about it. I hope that clears things up. If I had a bit more time before leaving work I'd write a bit more about the social side. Maybe I'll do that later.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Hmmm. Well when you put it that way, yeah, from my own experience I've kinda got a sense that furries tend to identify more with their animal selves than their human selves...usually coz humans, in general, kinda suck. lol.

But yeah I think I'm taking the whole thing a bit less seriously than I used to.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Animals suck just as much as, if not more than, humans. We just like 'em 'cause we're used to them being majestic and adorable and don't see the eating their own young parts. By contrast, we see the bad stuff humans are capable of.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Humans are better than animals in many ways, we may look to the better aspects of animals, at least what we can identify. Always remember that kids, while humans may seems awful, but we have empathy.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

I actually had dream about my fursona last night Check it out!

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Nostson

Post by Nostson »

RatHead wrote:I actually had dream about my fursona last night Check it out!
Woah, that's cool, I wish things like that happened to me...

I have a friend that knows how to Lucid dream, maybe I can bug them to teach me how (if that's even possible).
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Thanks, my official favorite dream ever!
i wish it was much longer :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

kewl, i might have to look into that!

HP! Messenger
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not sure it's something you can learn, sadly.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sleet wrote:Animals suck just as much as, if not more than, humans. We just like 'em 'cause we're used to them being majestic and adorable and don't see the eating their own young parts. By contrast, we see the bad stuff humans are capable of.
The difference is that animals only do what they have to to survive and reproduce and if they eat their young it's either because they're starving and have no choice or because they think the young won't survive anyway so they get what they can from them. Humans hurt each other (and animals sadly) for fun. But that's far too morbid a discussion for here, I think.

@Rathead: That sounds like an awesome dream! I'd love to dream that! But, with my fursona, of course, not yours, because that would be really weird otherwise...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

The Blue Fox wrote:
Bolly wrote:I used to be all like "ermagerd im a wolf in a hooman's body" when I started out in the fandom, but then I realised how pathetic that sounded. All newbies tend to start off waaaaaay over the top.
The Blue Fox wrote:
thats basicly what thereins are some even believe there soul is that of another animal i sometimes think im part animal or canine of some kind thats why i wear my wolf dogtag necklasit has wolf written on it in japinese but i wear it at least every day
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Hlaoroo wrote:@Rathead: That sounds like an awesome dream! I'd love to dream that! But, with my fursona, of course, not yours, because that would be really weird otherwise...
Yes yes it would, although what if everyfur was a random other person's fursona in actuality (i mean like in my dream) in real life?

HP! Messenger
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

Nostson wrote:
RatHead wrote:I actually had dream about my fursona last night Check it out!
Woah, that's cool, I wish things like that happened to me...

I have a friend that knows how to Lucid dream, maybe I can bug them to teach me how (if that's even possible).
i used to know how to do that but i stopped cuz i thought having dreams usualy means something significant or important but i did have 1 dream once that i was a tiger furry i was escaping from somekind of prison or something my fursonas not a tiger but my chinese zodiac is though
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

I guess furries have the coolest dreams :3

HP! Messenger
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I don't dream very much...or rather I don't remember my dreams particularly often. :|
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

same here for awile, and then i had the idea that, hey: what if i could use them as a basis/idea for art/stories?
(ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL!!!!!!!!!)(although if you would like to use it just ask and I'd be glad to talk 'bout it : )
AND started making it a priority to remember them and writhe them down if needed, and now my memory PERIOD has been getting better!!!!

HP! Messenger
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Interestingly,

Once I got my fursuit, I haven't had a single lucid furry dream since. It used to happen once every year or two, but it's been closer to five years now. I sort of miss them. I guess maybe my adventures in fursuit mean I am living my dreams in the waking world leaving no room left for the dreaming, but I hold out hope. Maybe I've just been too busy and under too much pressure with work & family. Maybe I need a vacation.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yeah, travel the earth in a fursuit! :lol: I would pay to see that
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Yeah, travel the earth in a fursuit! :lol: I would pay to see that
just dont get overheated lol
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Be the first to hike across the Sahara in a fursuit!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

He'd be dead after just 10 minutes there. Imagine the heat @_@
Come to think of it, I don't anyone who wear fursuits around these parts. Maybe it's because of the hot weather.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

tychoaussie wrote:Interestingly,

Once I got my fursuit, I haven't had a single lucid furry dream since. It used to happen once every year or two, but it's been closer to five years now. I sort of miss them. I guess maybe my adventures in fursuit mean I am living my dreams in the waking world leaving no room left for the dreaming, but I hold out hope. Maybe I've just been too busy and under too much pressure with work & family. Maybe I need a vacation.
Despite it being basically my job, and consumption of such media is at least 1/10th of most of my days, I very rarely have any furry dreams. There are only three I can recall any details from whatsoever. Not that my dreams are normal, they almost never are, but they usually use elements of normal things and almost never furry media.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

The only furry dreams I have had involve my own character sitting in a meditative stance in a empty space. Occasionally the scenery is different and occasionally the stance is but the dreams are almost always the same when they do occur. I'm either quite spiritual or very boring for dreaming about something I actually Do. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I can't think of the last time I had a furry dream, even though I seep myself in the culture just about every single day.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

surpisingly i dont have very many dreams about furrys or things such as fantasy
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Despite being a Brony, I can never recall having a dream about MLP. And despite being heavily immersed in the furry fandom on this forum, I've never had a dream about Furries either.

I'm not entirely sure what dreams are supposed to be, but it seems they don't have much to do with what you do while awake.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I had one dream i recall where I was Veemon hiding out in the soccer bleachers with the other Digimon. I was amused where most of the things going through my mind is what other pets hide under here with us and whether we should act like them if anyone saw us. This was back when I was really nuts about Digimon, so I'm sure that if you think about it hard enough, you do end up dreaming about what you really want to be. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't exactly have furry dreams either.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Now, I think it's odd mostly because my dreams VERY often use "video game logic". I don't play video games very much though I keep up with news--I usually only play a game every few days (a lot of indie games recently) and usually only for a few minutes.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I kinda feel like this discussion about dreams requires its own topic, as it's going a bit off-topic from "are you a furry?" :|
Last edited by The Blue Fox on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

said topic already exists.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

But this is only about furry related dreams, so I think, it also fits in here.
I don't go over there now, just to say that till now I never had any furry dreams - as far as I remember.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Are you furry though, Render? I can't be bothered looking through 94 pages to see if you commented. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Hlaoroo wrote:Are you furry though, Render? I can't be bothered looking through 94 pages to see if you commented. :P
I would say yes, slightly. Have no fursona or so, but according to the definition you posted on page 89, I am.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I've actually had a few furry dreams myself. Though they're all really vague and don't make that much sense... unless you're me.
I remember one where I was a puppy (at least I think I was, I couldn't really see myself well during the dream) and I was wandering around an empty street while it was raining. After awhile, I got tired of walking around and tried to hide somewhere dry. I found a place in a basement but when I went inside it was already occupied by a group of kittens. Very cute kittens as I recalled. I couldn't really stay there for long since the place was already full so I went out again. After that it gets all hazy and I can't remember the rest.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:said topic already exists.
Stupid me forgot to check first. :roll: D'oh!
Render wrote:But this is only about furry related dreams, so I think, it also fits in here.
Yeah but I thought it was in danger of drifting off into a general discussion about dreams...no harm in keeping something like that in check, right?

Back on-topic...

Render wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Are you furry though, Render? I can't be bothered looking through 94 pages to see if you commented. :P
I would say yes, slightly. Have no fursona or so, but according to the definition you posted on page 89, I am.
Why don't you try and imagine what kinda furry animal you would be? Are you a dog? A cat? A fox? A Wolf? What?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

The Blue Fox wrote:
Render wrote:
Why don't you try and imagine what kinda furry animal you would be? Are you a dog? A cat? A fox? A Wolf? What?
Being a furry doesn't mean that I need to be like an animal, or?

That's presently far out of my mind. Have recognized only a while ago that I am furry, even if in a 'mild' form, if you know what I mean.
Maybe a fursona will come later, will see.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You do not need to be like an animal to be a furry. A furry is just someone who is a fan of anthropomorphism and/or the works that feature it.