Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Housepets: Message from the Guardian, S. 1, E. 2

Post by Blue Braixen »

I said I wasn't done, and I meant it! :lol:

----------------------------
Housepets: Message from the Guardian, Season 1, Episode 2, Chapter 1- Great Balls of Fire!

To say the least, Grape wasn’t enjoying her free time outside. The air had a certain chill to it that her lavender scarf couldn’t compensate for; it had recently rained, so the raindrops that had fallen on the patio where Grape sat were cooled to almost freezing, but not quite. The cat shivered and hugged her shoulders. Man, it’s freezing, she thought. Why did I choose to sit out here? Oh yeah, Peanut won’t give me any silent time to myself to finish collecting my thoughts.

Grape had spent most of the afternoon, just sitting on the porch, collecting her thoughts, watching them swirl around inside of her head. The cat’s eyes began to wander the backyard…and eventually settled on a recently-raked pile of leaves as she became lost in thought. She began to wonder about why she had been so short with Max. He hadn’t done anything to her, hadn’t said anything to deserve her rage…he just showed up to her hospital room, a bouquet of flowers in hand (er, paw), and she kicked him out. Grape buried her face in her paws.

She was getting so hot-tempered lately…why is that? Grape figured it had to have something to do with that dream of hers….which begged another question: why did Peanut have powers and she didn’t, if they had identical dreams?

The dog could stop time, heal, and call gusts of wind…and all she could do was lose her temper. But she was sure she had powers, she just had to! The lavender cat mulled over this; how could she activate them? She continued to gaze at the pile of leaves until… “AH HA! I got it!” Grape snapped her fingers. The tiger symbol on her forehead glowed red…but it wasn’t the only thing; so had the pile of leaves!

Grape quickly jumped to her feet. She hurriedly pulled open the back door. “PEANUT!” She screamed, “Get some water, now! Hurry!”

Less than a minute later, Peanut came outside with a cup filled with water. “What’s wrong, Gra-“ Peanut noticed the blazing pile of leaves. “Oh, I’m gonna need a bigger cup.”

“I’ll take that,” replied Grape, taking the cup. She smiled and patted the dog’s back. “Honey, go get a bucket.” Peanut returned inside the house and Grape poured the cup of water into the fire. It had no effect. She stared in wonder at the brush fire. It hadn’t grown, it wasn’t even fazed by the water…it was like the fire didn’t really exist. Grape reached out to touch the fire, when… “Grape, don’t touch that!”

Peanut stood on the porch, a 2-gallon bucket held by its handle, grasped in both of Peanut’s paws. The dog walked as fast as he could to the fire in the pile of leaves and dumped the bucket o’ water onto the fire. Grape and Peanut stared in amazement as the water passed straight through the fire onto the ground below, washing away the majority of the leaves. Again, the fire was unfazed.

“What the…?” Peanut asked, scratching his head. “It-it just passed right through…like the fire’s some sort of hologram or something…”

“Try blowing it out or something,” Grape suggested, a worried expression on her face. Peanut tried to focus on the fire, hoping to be able to call his powers out. The green wolf symbol on his forehead again shone through his headfur as a breeze quickly developed into a gale and shot at the small fire. The gale drew up a small storm of leaves, as well, forcing Peanut and Grape to cover their eyes. Peanut mentally commanded the winds to stop, and they did so. When the leaves settled, the couple opened their eyes.

There the fire stayed, still no smaller or larger. It didn’t seem that anything could extinguish the fire…and it was a good thing the fire hadn’t spread, or they would be in trouble!

Peanut sat back. He had done all he could, so the only thing they could do now was try and figure out how the fire had started in the first place. “Grape,” the dog asked, “what was happening out here when the fire started?”

Grape began to recall the events that had happened only a few minutes earlier. “Let’s see,” she began, “I was sitting out here, thinking about how I’d treated Maxie and what to do about it, and and I had come up with an idea when the fire started.”

Peanut kept his confused look. “Well, did you do anything that might have started it?”

Grape shook her head. “No. I was just sitting there, and when I figured out what I was going to do about Maxie, I…snapped my fingers…” Grape’s expression shifted from one of wonder to one of joy. “…that’s it!” the cat yelled excitedly, “I snapped my fingers! So if I snapped them and the fire started, maybe snapping them again will put it out!”

Peanut shrugged his shoulders. “It’s worth a try,” the dog replied.

Grape snapped her fingers, and the fire disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. “Cool!” she said, a smile on her face, as she snapped her fingers once again. The fire reappeared. The cat began to play with this mechanic, snapping her fingers again and again, watching as the fire was there one second and gone the next. Peanut shook his head, but decided not to stop her. She had been through a very stressful couple of days, and he figured he would let her have her fun. He chuckled and opened the back door to the house, disappearing inside. He picked up the Wii Remote he had set down to go see what Grape wanted and resumed his game of Mario Kart.

---

“Huh? Where am I,” Joey wondered. He looked around, but his environment was nothing but darkness.

“Welcome to Babylon Gardens,” announced a voice behind the frazzled dog. He turned around. “What are you…?” The dog couldn’t help but stare in amazement at the figure before him.

---

To be continued, of course. ;3
This chapter didn't feel long enough, but meh.
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Private Elliot

Re: Housepets: Message from the Guardian, S. 1, E. 2

Post by Private Elliot »

Looks like a new player has entered the game...

You might say that he is an average Joey...
Last edited by Private Elliot on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Joey now!? Is everyone going to become an avatar?

Great story, though. I loved how happy Grape was at the snap flames. I think she's turning into a pyromaniac.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

I liked the new update, T.H. I can't wait for the rest of this episode. X3
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Samson

Post by Samson »

Interesting story Tha Housedog. VEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRY interesting. Very good work you have done.
(claps hands slowly then rises to feet.)
(slaps hands together rapidly and forcefully)
Keep it coming please. This is great.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Joey too?!?
O mama, this is becoming even the more interesting! :D
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

copper wrote:Joey now!? Is everyone going to become an avatar?

Great story, though. I loved how happy Grape was at the snap flames. I think she's turning into a pyromaniac.
This. ^
Karl

Post by Karl »

Joey has logged in.
I'm a bookworm!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:Joey now!? Is everyone going to become an avatar?

I dunno. ;3
lightwolf21 wrote:I liked the new update, T.H. I can't wait for the rest of this episode. X3
Neither can I! :lol:
Samson wrote:Interesting story Tha Housedog. VEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRY interesting. Very good work you have done.
(claps hands slowly then rises to feet.)
(slaps hands together rapidly and forcefully)
Keep it coming please. This is great.
Thanks, Samson! :D
I have a lot further to go! :mrgreen:
valerio wrote:Joey too?!?
O mama, this is becoming even the more interesting! :D
It doesn't end with Joey, either...but that's something for the future! :lol:
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

Look it got bumped to the top of the list! :D I love Grape! The fire is like a clapper only with snapping! That's awesome! Also Joey may have uber geek moment if he gets powers too!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Admit that my joke was funny.

PLZ
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Private Elliot wrote:Admit that my joke was funny.

PLZ
...Sorta.
He won't be an average Joey by the time I'm done with him, though! :D
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

On my goodness! A ninja update! :shock:
Written by Tha Housedog, edited by lightwolf21
Housepets: Message from the Guardian, Season 1, Episode 2, Chapter 2- The Not-So-Average Joey

As Grape Jelly Sandwich continued to play with her newfound power of fire, a sudden commotion caught her attention. There seemed to be a ruckus nearby. Curiosity got the best of the lavender cat as she pushed herself up off of the ground and opened the back door. She breezed past Peanut Butter Sandwich, who was, for all intents and purposes, absorbed into his game of Mario Kart. When the purple blur that was Grape streaked by the poor dog, he freaked out and spilled his kart over the ledge, effectively losing the game. “Crap!” The dog yelled, somewhat frustrated, as he set the Wii Remote down and turned off the console and the TV, chasing his love outside through the open front door.

“Grape, what’s going on?” The brown dog asked as he walked with Grape toward the source of the commotion.

“I don’t know, Peanut, but whatever it is, it’s got the attention of most of the neighborhood.” Grape observed, pointing at the large group of assorted animals that had assembled outside one of the houses.

“Hey, isn’t that Joey’s house?” Asked Peanut, who had stopped to figure out whose house the group of animals had clustered around.

“I’ll do you one better; Joey’s doghouse, it looks like.” Responded the cat, who had steadily increased her own speed, the dog in tow.

They arrived at the cluster of animals and tried to gather information from someone who had been there watching for longer. They caught the attention of Marvin. “Marvin,” Grape began, “what’s going on here?”

The orange cat shrugged. “I don’t know, I’ve only just gotten here, myself. It looks like two dogs have gotten into a fight here, from what I can tell.”

“Grape shrugged, as well. “Huh, well, I guess we’ll just have to ask someone el- Peanut?” Too late, Grape. The dog had already fought his way through the crowd, and emerged on the inner ring, able to catch a glance of the two dogs that had cast away all civility and allowed their rage to consume them.

Peanut gasped. “I don’t believe it…Joey’s fighting…”

“Now do you see why it is necessary for you to submit to me? I can grant you powers you foolish mortals can barely comprehend, and I will spare your life if you submit. Accept my power, or I will be forced to end you.” A black, wispy shadow stood over a kneeling, defeated Joey. The dog was covered in numerous cuts, scrapes, and scratches, some not superficial.

The dog groaned in agony. “U-ugh…I…I…ow…I submit…” was all the dog could manage to say.

The shadow clapped. “Excellent. You are now subject to the dark force, through me! I give you commands, you follow them! To. The. Letter. You no longer have any free choice.”

“H-hold on…th-that wasn’t in the…agreement…” Joey sputtered, earning him a kick to the side.

The shadow laughed. “It is now! I hereby grant my powers unto you, as per the guidelines formed by our agreement.” The figure raised its arms and dispersed, forming wisps that quickly whirled around and collected into a ball of pure darkness that shot at the dog, phasing through his forehead, illuminating a symbol there, an outline of a mountain, composed of inky blackness in the center.

Joey picked himself up and stood, looking down, shadow covering his face. His wounds had healed, but blackness existed where there once was fur. He spread his arms and legs apart and gave a Heaven-shaking laugh. “Ah, it feels good to be bad.”

“…Lester?” Peanut finished, staring in awe as Joey landed an uppercut right into Lester’s diaphragm, knocking the wind out of him. “Gaugh,” the other dog replied as he attempted to regain his breath. Joey reached out his paw and stopped it flat in front of Lester’s muzzle. Lester, thinking he was going to get hit, steeled himself for the incoming blow. When it didn’t come, he opened his eyes.

“Boo,” whispered Joey as a shaft comprised entirely of rock extended from his paw and smashed into Lester’s face faster than even the cats’ eyes could follow. Numerous mutterings wafted from the crowd as Lester flew through the air and crashed into the fence that served as a boundary of sorts, almost destroying the fence. The dog slumped over, defeated and unconscious. Joey began to walk toward the unconscious dog. He stopped when a large wall of fire appeared between himself and Lester.

“You’re here!” The dog replied, grinning as the crowd shifted to display Grape. She had a determined look on her face and was holding her paw out, as if to taunt the dog. “You have perfect timing,” Joey continued, “I’m glad this little show has garnered your attention, cat. Now where’s your partner, hmm?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Grape responded, standing in a ready stance in case the dog charged at her.

“I think you do,” Joey replied, grinning more as he instead turned to the fire. He lifted his right arm and pointed his paw to the right of where Lester had landed, and dragged it further right. Immediately, a yelp was heard as Peanut flew from behind the wall of fire and off to the side. Grape snapped her fingers. “Peanut!” She exclaimed as she ran to where Peanut lay, unmoving.
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Joey's gone bad?! Who is this evil entity that has taken control of him? What will become of our lovable anime fan? Will our heroes have to stop him at any cost? Why is Lester being beaten so easily when he can take Grape one-on-one? Find out the answers to these and more, on the next exciting episode of Message Guardian Z!
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Egad, a sudden turn into EPIC PAWESOME!
Housedog, this is a very interesting change of pace, now don't you dare to lower your standards! :D :D :D
scruffer

Post by scruffer »

lightwolf21 wrote:Joey's gone bad?! Who is this evil entity that has taken control of him? What will become of our lovable anime fan? Will our heroes have to stop him at any cost? Why is Lester being beaten so easily when he can take Grape one-on-one? Find out the answers to these and more, on the next exciting episode of Message Guardian Z!
:lol: y'all are great... just wonderful.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Eh.

Just kidding. I loved the update, but what's with all of the elementals, huh?
My characters
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

HA HA HAAAAaaa! EVIL RULES!

good Work Housedog!
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

I love all the elementalness! I though it was going for a captain planet thing, but I like this better! Yay for Joey being bad, causes drama!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:Joey's gone bad?! Who is this evil entity that has taken control of him? What will become of our lovable anime fan? Will our heroes have to stop him at any cost? Why is Lester being beaten so easily when he can take Grape one-on-one? Find out the answers to these and more, on the next exciting episode of Message Guardian Z!
You've watched way too much Dragon Ball Z, ya know that? :lol:
valerio wrote:Egad, a sudden turn into EPIC PAWESOME!
Housedog, this is a very interesting change of pace, now don't you dare to lower your standards! :D :D :D
Lowering my standards? I've only just begun to fight! :twisted:
copper wrote:Eh.

Just kidding. I loved the update, but what's with all of the elementals, huh?
What good adventure story doesn't have elementals?
KizerZin wrote:HA HA HAAAAaaa! EVIL RULES!

good Work Housedog!
I knew you'd say that! :lol:
ChristopherJackal wrote:I love all the elementalness! I though it was going for a captain planet thing, but I like this better! Yay for Joey being bad, causes drama!
I live for drama! :P
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Uugh...I apologize to those that I told I was going to update yesterday. I haven't been able to come up with what I want to say in the next chapter. *Whacks head*
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Tha Housedog wrote:Uugh...I apologize to those that I told I was going to update yesterday. I haven't been able to come up with what I want to say in the next chapter. *Whacks head*
How dare you apologize! You must be punished!

*Grows Bat wings and steals all of Housedog’s hopes and dreams, then flys away with them*

HA HA HAaaa!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

KizerZin wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:Uugh...I apologize to those that I told I was going to update yesterday. I haven't been able to come up with what I want to say in the next chapter. *Whacks head*
How dare you apologize! You must be punished!

*Grows Bat wings and steals all of Housedog’s hopes and dreams, then flys away with them*

HA HA HAaaa!
You can't fly, nor can you steal hopes and dreams.
Killjoy!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Guess what everyone? An update to this is in the works as we speak! :D
scruffer

Post by scruffer »

YAY!! :D
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Tha Housedog wrote:Guess what everyone? An update to this is in the works as we speak! :D
Can't wait. Hope it comes sooner than you expect.
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

...I'm terribly sorry for having taken so long to update. (I'm trying something different, so this Chapter will be somewhat in first-person, from Peanut's perspective, and somewhat in third-person.) Incoming fight scene! :D

Housepets: Message from the Guardian, Season 1 Episode 2 Chapter 3- Tarot's Intentions
Written by Tha Housedog
----------
Ow...where am I? I opened my eyes. Eternal blackness, yet again. That could only mean one thing. I stood up and cupped my paws around my muzzle. "Hey, Fenrir! Where are you? I need help!" I called, hoping to see that humongous wolf again so that he could give me some more advice. I seriously needed it. I didn't know what to do about Joey. He had gotten way too powerful, and I needed someone else who might know how he had gotten that way.

Seconds passed. He didn't make his usual highly flashy entrance. Where was that wolf? Late as usual. Then, I heard a voice behind me.

"Try again, honey." I recognized that voice. "Tarot!" I exclaimed, turning around. I was wrong...instead, there was a massive Dragon in front of me! "ACK! Wh-what are...?" I couldn't even finish my sentence. Thoughts flashed through my head. What did that Dragon do with Tarot? Did she eat her? She sounded like Tarot... I didn't know what to do. I froze in fear.

The Dragon, instead of trying to set me on fire or something more Dragon-like, she whimpered. I was dumbstruck. I couldn't believe my ears...there was no way I had just heard a DRAGON whimper. But I recognized that whimper. That was definitely Tarot. "T-Tarot?" I asked. I didn't know what to expect. Instinctively, I walked to her and put a paw on her muzzle. She nuzzled me lovingly.

After about a minute or so, one burning question I had just begged to be asked. "Tarot, where have you been? I haven't seen you for three months...I was getting worried."

Tarot looked almost afraid to speak. She looked really conflicted. For a second, I regretted having asked that question. Finally, she answered, "Well, it's a long story...it all started about three months ago, when I..."

Grape put one of her ears to Peanut's chest. Nothing. "Peanut! Don't die on me!" Grape shouted, on her knees. She started to quietly sob.

"He's not dead. At least, not yet." Joey said coldly.

Grape got up. Her tears had formed streaks going down her face. She unsheathed her claws with a *Shnkt*. "Why did you do that?! He's your friend!" Grape asked, again ready for an attack to come at any moment.

Joey laughed. "I have orders to kill the both of you. My superiors have taken notice of you, and they find you two detrimental to their plans. So, as one of their contract-dogs, I have no choice but to kill you both." The dog assumed his own, let's say, unique battle stance. His legs were separated by about one-and-a-half shoulder widths, and bent at the knee, with his weight shifted towards his back leg. His back was ram-rod straight, and his arms were held up in the classic boxer position, protecting his head.

Grape didn't move. "One?! Are you saying there're more of you?"

"Of course there are. You can't have a legion consisting of only one dog. Some live here in Babylon Gardens, and heck, some are in this crowd right now, waiting for me to fail so they can take over." Joey added, smiling.

"You've gotta be kidding me. You expect me to believe that there are more like you?"

"If I were you, I would. Now, are you ready to rumble?"

"Do you have any more clichè lines left you want to throw out before we start?" Grape asked sarcastically.

"Funny," Joey replied, unamused. He bent his legs more and sprung toward Grape, coming at her with a large swing in midair. The lavender cat dodged backwards, having been missed by a very narrow margin. Joey wasn't done, not by a long shot. Immediately after landing, Joey executed a sweep kick. Grape jumped, did a handstand on Joey's head, and landed on her footpaws behind him, in between two rows of the crowd. She was effectively boxed in. "Don't tell me that's the best you've got," Grape taunted.

"Hardly." Joey raised his right paw and the mountain symbol on his forehead lit up yellow and filled up with black. The ground in front of his paw shook and dislodged. He had picked up a good chunk of rock without so much as touching it! On top of that, it was floating! Joey laughed. "Surprised?" he asked as he pulled his arm back and shot it forward again, launching the mass at Grape.

Grape looked around her. She couldn't move horizontally, and the massive rock Joey had shot at her would still hit her if she moved back. She didn't have a choice. She blocked, letting the rock ram into her at full force. "Ugh!" she shouted in pain, clutching her right arm. Joey didn't waste a moment. He launched at her again, throwing a kick right at her stomach. Grape couldn't react in time and took the full force of yet another attack, which sent her flying a few yards back. The cat landed on all four of her feet, sliding along the ground. When she stopped, she got up, clutching her stomach with her good arm, her other one hanging down. "Ow...stupid dog..." she muttered.

"I heard that." Joey didn't hesitate, running at full speed toward Grape. "You just don't stop, do you?" the cat asked, trying to get back into her fighting stance. She did, and jumped once again, landing a jump kick to Joey's head right when he got upon her. His body twisted, leaning over to his right. Grape seized her opportunity and performed a sweep kick of her own, knocking the dog onto his back.

"Not bad," Joey replied, as he kicked with both legs at the cat from the ground, knocking her away. He jumped up and, anticipating where Grape would land, launched a spike from the ground right where she landed, pushing her into the air again. She crashed down onto the ground, on her back, defeated and barely conscious. Joey laughed evilly. "You first, and then that mutt." He raised his paw for the kill shot, but before he could connect, a paw gripped his arm and held it firmly, stopping him from finishing off Grape. "I don't think so."
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

What is it with everyone beating the crap out of Grape all of a sudden?

I wonder who stopped Joey, Hmmmmm... :lol:

Lovedthe update. Can't wait for the next cliffhanger! :lol:
My characters
scruffer

Post by scruffer »

all i can say right now is: :D
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Nice Fight~ good work Tha Housedog!

I know i'm wrong but I guess that the new fighter is... BINO!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Really great update, T.H. The fight scenes have improved even over your latest post. ;3
Also, a new challenger has entered the fight?! O_o We'll have to wait and see.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:What is it with everyone beating the crap out of Grape all of a sudden?

I wonder who stopped Joey, Hmmmmm... :lol:

Loved the update. Can't wait for the next cliffhanger! :lol:
Hmm...yes, I wonder... :lol:
scruffer wrote:all i can say right now is: :D
Thank ya, thank ya.
KizerZin wrote:Nice Fight~ good work Tha Housedog!

I know i'm wrong but I guess that the new fighter is... BINO!
...Maybe. :lol:
lightwolf21 wrote:Really great update, T.H. The fight scenes have improved even over your latest post. ;3
Also, a new challenger has entered the fight?! O_o We'll have to wait and see.
Thank you. I do try to improve. X3
Does anyone have anything to say about the first person part? That may be a recurring thing.
valerio

Post by valerio »

My bet is on King, who stopped Joey.
Finally, an update! ANd EPIC too! :D Though I must agree: poor Grape, she's taking a hit from everyone :twisted:
NosWaster

Post by NosWaster »

Omagawsh. Love it!
Sigma (Σ) (Male Tabby Cat)
Dark Sigma (Σ) (Feral and Black version of Sigma)
Frostbyte (Male Alaskan Wolf)
This is how I came up with Sigma
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

NosWaster wrote:Omagawsh. Love it!
Thanks! :lol: You already finished reading it all? You must be at Peanut-level!
NosWaster

Post by NosWaster »

Tha Housedog wrote:
Yeah. I start out slow, then start reading faster and faster as I get hooked. :D
Sigma (Σ) (Male Tabby Cat)
Dark Sigma (Σ) (Feral and Black version of Sigma)
Frostbyte (Male Alaskan Wolf)
This is how I came up with Sigma
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

NosWaster wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:
Yeah. I start out slow, then start reading faster and faster as I get hooked. :D
I'm impressed. :)
Maybe update soon, maybe not. I guess it depends on a few different factors...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I apologize for having taken so long to update this. Just letting you guys know that there IS ^an update for this in the works.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Eh, it's fine. I like it, so I'm willing to wait for it.
My characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

There's no need to hurry :) Take your time.
I'm a bookworm!