Housepets: Message from the Guardian, S. 1, E. 2

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

KizerZin

Re: Housepets: Message from the Guardian, S. 1, E. 2

Post by KizerZin »

You will pay! *Sprays Housedog with a water bottle*

Bad Housedog! Very Bad Dog! you don't do that! Bad Housedog!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Housepets: Message from the Guardian, Season 1 Episode 2 Chapter 4- The GODC
Written by Tha Housedog
----------
“…And that’s why I had to sever all ties with you until now. I’m so sorry honey, but it had to be done.” Dragon concluded, a sad look now eternally plastered on her face.

I waved a paw. “No, I understand. You were doing something important…I just can’t believe you managed to find out all that in only three months! That’s amazing! And thanks for the warning, too…I bet that’ll come in handy later!”

“Anytime, honey,” the Dragon responded, “but now you need to wake up. You are about to witness a change in Babylon Gardens…and Joey is only the tip of the iceberg. Now go and help your true love.”

“Right, Grape…I hope she’s okay…”

The Dragon stood up and snapped one of her city-sized fingers and all of a sudden, the backdrop went completely white…
----------------------------

Because of Grape’s fading vision, she couldn’t tell who it was that had grabbed Joey’s arm…it looked to be either Bino or Fido. Even with her fading hearing, she could hear:

“Listen here. We don’t kill cats, you got that?! We’re the GOOD Old Dogs Club…not some petty strays!“

Joey turned and tried to pull his arm out of the other dog’s hold. “Why are YOU, of all dogs, defending this CAT?” he seethed, sounding more like the demon on the inside than the dog on the outside…

“Didn’t I already explain this? We. Don’t. Kill. Cats. That, and if I let you kill her, that annoying black cat that lives with me would eat me alive.” The other dog replied, still holding onto Joey’s arm with an iron grip.

Joey drew his other arm back and aimed a punch straight for the other dog’s stomach. But it didn’t matter; the other dog had already moved behind Joey and twisted his arm behind him. “Augh!” Joey cried out in agony before connecting with a kick behind him.

The kick had pushed in on the assailant’s knee, causing him to drop Joey’s arm for a split second, which was all Joey needed. He quickly turned and kneed the other dog in the stomach. Without waiting for a response from the assailant, he grabbed the dog’s arm and tossed him.

Grape freaked out and tried to move as she saw the dog hurtling toward her, and heaved a pained sigh of relief. As he flew over her, she got a good look at the dog. It was Bino!

Joey tried the same trick he used on Grape on Bino. But, just before Bino was about to get smashed, he threw out a paw and caught himself, jumping backward over the spike. Bino cracked his knuckles. “Is that all you got?” he asked, already on his feet and dashing toward Joey.

Joey, without missing a beat, pushed his paws out and readied another spike, one he was intent on launching at Bino. He shot it out at the other dog, but Bino dodged it by sliding under it. Bino kept his slide going and rammed his foot into Joey’s leg, causing him to collapse. “Now stay down,” Bino added, getting up.

Peanut awoke with a gasp, holding his side. Slowly, he got up, pushing through the even larger crowd of animals that had gathered to spectate what was quickly becoming a hot zone. He looked around and noticed Grape, who was hanging on by a thread. “Grape,” he said under his breath, “please be okay. I’m coming.” Peanut didn’t like it, but he knew he’d have to take the long way around and through the crowd instead of through the battlefield.

He quickly made his way around and through, coming through even more injured than he was before, but that didn’t matter to him. He knelt down next to Grape. “Grape, hon, I’m here. Let’s get you fixed up.”

Peanut stood up and stuck his arms out, the green wolf symbol once again shining brightly on his forehead. A sharp wind whirred, picking up both Grape and Peanut and wowing the audience, earning some oohs from the clueless spectators.

The wisps of wind seemed to just disappear as Peanut and Grape were set back down. Grape’s body glowed a brilliant green. She was fully healed, though still bloody. The stuff seemed to have come from nowhere. No wounds existed on Grape anymore. She sat up and hugged Peanut. “Thanks so much!” she cried, hugging his legs even tighter.

Peanut’s tail wagged. “You’re welcome, love. I just hope I don’t have to do that again.” Peanut replied, staring at the other two dogs.

Bino held Joey’s head up off the ground. “This’ll end your fight!” Bino exclaimed as Bino’s paw shone a bright purple and electricity crackled around it as he drove his fist into the side of Joey’s mouth.
------------------------------------------------------------
As promised, y'all got an update! :D
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Ooh! Bino's a good guy, and he has electricity! Nice!

Great update as always, Housedog. Can't wait for the next one.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Bino

Post by Bino »

copper wrote:Ooh! Bino's a good guy, and he has electricity! Nice!

Thank you. I like this, What's the title of E. 1? I just skimmed the fan projects forums and couldnt see anything
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Bino wrote:
copper wrote:Ooh! Bino's a good guy, and he has electricity! Nice!

Thank you. I like this, What's the title of E. 1? I just skimmed the fan projects forums and couldnt see anything
Same as this one. Here's the link. https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=13&t=971
Bino

Post by Bino »

Thanks, ill catch up tonight!
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

No, thank you. It's always nice to have a new reader! :mrgreen:
scruffer

Post by scruffer »

hmm... so it was Bino, eh? hmm, i kind of guessed it would be, yet it also surprised me... Good work Housedog. Also, Green, Red, Black, and now Purple have arisen, my next guess will have to be Blue? maybe it will be one of the Milton ferrets with some sort of dominion over water, because I really want to see Keene surfing down the street... Anyways, that's just my thoughts on this matter... Great job, and I will definitely wait for another update, no matter how long it takes!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Jeez. How many elemental users are there?! O_O

I wasn't expecting Bino to intervene, or to protect a cat, or to use lightning! X3

Nice update T.H. Well worth the wait. ;3
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Yes YES YEESS! IT'S BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT! I give this chapter...
5 exploding Death Stars out of 5! HA HA HAaaaaa!
Bino

Post by Bino »

scruffer wrote:hmm... so it was Bino, eh? hmm, i kind of guessed it would be, yet it also surprised me... Good work Housedog. Also, Green, Red, Black, and now Purple have arisen, my next guess will have to be Blue? maybe it will be one of the Milton ferrets with some sort of dominion over water, because I really want to see Keene surfing down the street... Anyways, that's just my thoughts on this matter... Great job, and I will definitely wait for another update, no matter how long it takes!
Avatars must be cats or dogs: canon fact... But then again this is fanfiction :) .

Somehow i have a feeling Rex is gonna get chosen... The question is who will get him first!
scruffer

Post by scruffer »

That is a good point Bino, also I hadn't thought to research what I was posting, before I had posted it... Sorry about that. Due to his relatively large size, and stature, Rex would be useful as an avatar. My sole reasoning behind Keene, was that I, yet again, wanted to see him doing something ridiculous.
Bino

Post by Bino »

No need to be apologetic broski :lol: i think it would be funny too, you never know.... It's totally impossible to predict where this comic is headed
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Bino wrote:No need to be apologetic broski :lol: i think it would be funny too, you never know.... It's totally impossible to predict where this comic is headed
...or this fanfic! :lol:
Anyway, I'll try to not let more than a month pass between updates...that was kind of ridiculous.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

It was ridiculous, but well worth the wait. Hooray for consistency! :lol:

Can't wait for the next update.
My characters
Bino

Post by Bino »

Tha Housedog wrote:
Bino wrote:No need to be apologetic broski :lol: i think it would be funny too, you never know.... It's totally impossible to predict where this comic is headed
Anyway, I'll try to not let more than a month pass between updates...that was kind of ridiculous.
I meant to say fanfic you Grammar Nazi! :lol:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Bino wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:
I meant to say fanfic you Grammar Nazi! :lol:
That I am! :lol:
How's this: update next week. I'm sick this week.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

If I can wait a month, I can wait a week!

Take your time. I hope you get well soon.
My characters
Bino

Post by Bino »

Totally worth a week of waiting
exranio

Post by exranio »

How come when I come up with an idea involving fighting magik and weapons everyone's all like "Eww no whats wrong with you".
Then again some of the characters in mine where trying to end the world.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Bino

Post by Bino »

I dunno.... I never will be a negative critic, constructive and positive criticism only

ETA on new update? I thought I had heard it was going to come out last weekend, but i suppose something didn't work out
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I said it would be this week.
So that means: update today.
Bino

Post by Bino »

Woot! Can't wait!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Oooh! Too bad I need to go to sleep. At least I have something to look forward to! :D
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I feel like I cheated you guys by doing this, but... SHORT UPDATE!

Housepets: Message from the Guardian, Season 1 Episode 2 Chapter 6 – Wait, Wasn’t Bino Just in the Hospital?
Written by Tha Housedog
About ten minutes after the fight, an ambulance arrived. The paramedics, while barking orders to each other and listing out Joey and Lester’s vitals, breathing rate, and blood pressure, put them on stretchers and whisked them into the back of the ambulance. Without delay, the back doors of the ambulance shut and sped off, the wailing sirens slowly growing more distant.

Somebody had the idea to scream, “Let’s split before the cops get here!” and before Officer Bill arrived, everyone was gone but Peanut, Grape, and Bino.

“Bino, why did you do that?” Peanut asked, “Why did you save Grape and hurt Joey?”

“I have my reasons,” Bino replied as he turned around and started to walk off.

“Wait, Bino, um… Thanks for saving Grape.” Peanut said, grabbing Bino’s arm to get him to stop and talk.

Bino pulled his arm out of Peanut’s grasp. “You’re welcome, I suppose…cat-lover,” he sneered. With that last parting word, he promptly walked away. Any suspicions that Peanut had of that dog not really being Bino were gone.

“C’mon, Peanut, we should go home, too,” Grape added, jerking Peanut from his thoughts.

“Yeah,” he replied, grabbing Grape by the paw and walking with her back to the Sandwich house.

---

Bino appeared in a shadowy room, only him illuminated by the one shining light in the room. He kneeled. “I’ve done what you asked.”

“Good. You may go now.”

“Right away.” Bino got up and exited the room how he came in.

The figure who had commanded Bino stood, bathed in shadow. “It is all going according to plan. Mwahahaha-“ The figure coughed a few times. “Oh, man, I need some cough drops.”

Message from the Guardian
Season 1
Episode 2
FIN.
Bino

Post by Bino »

Oooh, and the wild mass guessing begins

So... New thread?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sometime soon.
The critic in my head is going stark raving mad on this chapter.
Bino

Post by Bino »

Why's that?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Let's just say this was definitely not my best chapter IMO.
Bino

Post by Bino »

It was good, it just left a lot of loose ends IMO. The cliffhanger with Bino was good but the rest of it lacked any major necessary linkage to the plot.

There, some constructive criticism ;)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tha Housedog wrote:Sometime soon.
The critic in my head is going stark raving mad on this chapter.
RAEG!
How could you do that to your loyal readers?? :cry:
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Nice update, T.H. Especially with the dark, ominous, comedic relief. XD lolz.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Here's what I'm going to do: this chapter isn't done yet. I'm going to basically redo it.
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Nice min-Chapter~

I keep some cough drops and a bottle of water with me all the time... Nothing is more troubling then having your evil laughter interrupted... *Takes a sip of water* HA HA HAAAaa!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

It is good. The update I mean.

I get the same way, Housedog. This was a nice little ending for it. Especially after the battle scene. Nice little comedic relief too!

You are going to redo this chapter? How can you improve on greatness such as this?
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'm going to redo the first part, or at least add to it. I'm happy with the second part, but the first? Nuh-uh. It's gotta go.
Bino

Post by Bino »

don't redo anything, adding wouldn't be bad, but nothing is wrong with what you wrote