Reply to topic  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4299
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
lol Max has a good point. And Tarot is cute in the 3rd panel.
Private Elliot wrote:
Eh, Not a Grape and Max fan but who can deny how cute the first panel is.


I have to agree it is cute.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
*scans the book of horror story cliches*

*throws the book behind him in disgust*

This is already asking for trouble. I'll be in the the safe house if you need me.

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3905
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
That first panel is a awesome avatar and is undeniably awesomely cute. just saying.

and Tarot is so cute in panel three it's a shame she ain't going to be coming along with the gang. especially with that line.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:10 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15457
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Teh Brawler wrote:
This is already asking for trouble. I'll be in the the safe house if you need me.
Be careful there's not a hunter in there.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:11 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:51 pm
Posts: 2592
Images: 0
Location: Facepunch.
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Teh Brawler wrote:
*scans the book of horror story cliches*

*throws the book behind him in disgust*

This is already asking for trouble. I'll be in the the safe house if you need me.

BRAWLER WAIT THERE'S A
*Brawler gets pounced by a hunter*
Um... yeah...
Sleet wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
This is already asking for trouble. I'll be in the the safe house if you need me.
Be careful there's not a hunter in there.

HOLY CRAP YOU NINJA'D ME

_________________
hi I'm on steam that's it now


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 870
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Yeah not to mention what will happen if the Stephen King stories became reality. xD.


Last edited by Barkeron on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:12 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Private Elliot wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
*scans the book of horror story cliches*

*throws the book behind him in disgust*

This is already asking for trouble. I'll be in the the safe house if you need me.

BRAWLER WAIT THERE'S A
*Brawler gets pounced by a hunter*
Um... yeah...
Sleet wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
This is already asking for trouble. I'll be in the the safe house if you need me.
Be careful there's not a hunter in there.

HOLY CRAP YOU NINJA'D ME

Reference miss'd.

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Private Elliot wrote:
Eh, Not a Grape and Max fan but who can deny how cute the first panel is.


I can.

And I draw the line at Stephen King jokes! :P

No, I'm kidding. But actually, even though I've read several of his works and liked many of them, the only one I can think of offhand where that applies is The Shining.... Could someone clue me in on which other works of his feature that premise?

@Barkeron: They ARE reality. Haven't you read The Dark Tower series?

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:51 pm
Posts: 2592
Images: 0
Location: Facepunch.
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
@Teh Brawler
You lack of faith with vALVE is disturbing.

_________________
hi I'm on steam that's it now


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15457
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Teh Brawler wrote:
Reference miss'd.
I make my own darn references, thank you very much. You aren't the boss of me!

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:51 pm
Posts: 2592
Images: 0
Location: Facepunch.
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Private Elliot wrote:
Eh, Not a Grape and Max fan but who can deny how cute the first panel is.

Yes, I with a "I SHIP GRAPENUT" siggy said that.
Who am I, and What have I've done to myself.

_________________
hi I'm on steam that's it now


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Never played l4d.

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:18 am
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15457
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Just because Grape is cuter with Peanut doesn't mean she can't be cute with Max!

Also, Grape and Max need an idiosyncratic name too.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:19 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 pm
Posts: 463
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Sleet wrote:
Just because Grape is cuter with Peanut doesn't mean she can't be cute with Max!

Also, Grape and Max need an idiosyncratic name too.

Grape and Max's names don't work because they're not supposed to! It's all about Grapenut!

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 870
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Sleet wrote:
Just because Grape is cuter with Peanut doesn't mean she can't be cute with Max!

Also, Grape and Max need an idiosyncratic name too.


So what name did you had in mind? Grapemax? o.O


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:20 am
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15457
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
I don't exactly know. It's hard, yaknow? I'm just trying to be fair. Even though Grapenut is cuter.

Perhaps Mape. X3

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3905
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Grapewell.

/monocle

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
No really, IS there one other than The Shining?

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 pm
Posts: 463
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
I'm not sure you can find something as cute as Grapenut!

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4299
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
GameCobra wrote:
Grapewell.

/monocle


Its nice and fancy sounding I'd go with that one.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:30 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15457
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
GameCobra wrote:
Grapewell.

/monocle
I like it. This is official now.

Well I mean I don't like it. ...Or rather, I do, but not as much as the alternative, but I like the name... Argh. You know what I mean.
ChewyChewy wrote:
No really, IS there one other than The Shining?
The only other story I know is It, and that doesn't involve that kind of premise.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:30 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Posts: 1684
Location: The Internet
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
gack

/troll

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3905
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
I seen some of the recent Stephen King stories and i was a big fan of Stephen King movies back then, but most of the stories dealt with the spiritual, paranormal or gifted. Tarot being psychic is more of a connection to the spiritual and paranormal way of things i find in Stephen King stories. That, and Tarot would probably bring his stories to life o.o

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:39 am
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6295
Location: Florida
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Image

They've never looked happier. (for all the grapenut fans)

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
GameCobra wrote:
I seen some of the recent Stephen King stories and i was a big fan of Stephen King movies back then, but most of the stories dealt with the spiritual, paranormal or gifted. Tarot being psychic is more of a connection to the spiritual and paranormal way of things i find in Stephen King stories. That, and Tarot would probably bring his stories to life o.o


Yeah, I'm aware of what goes on in Stephen King stories, believe me, but I'm talking about the specific premise of a psychic in a haunted house. Granted, "every Stephen King story ever" has probably not been among the ones I read (though the ones I HAVE read have amounted to a couple dozen), but that's the only case where I recall that particular premise....

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:19 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14314
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
IceKitsune wrote:
lol Max has a good point. And Tarot is cute in the 3rd panel.
Private Elliot wrote:
Eh, Not a Grape and Max fan but who can deny how cute the first panel is.


I have to agree it is cute.

amen to that. arrrrrggghhh!! GRAPE DON'T FALL FOR IT! MAX IS EVIL! YOU BELONG TO PEANUT!!

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14314
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
GameCobra wrote:
Grapewell.

/monocle

sounds good.
Like it.
IN YOUR DREAMS, YOU HEAR ME? *pants hard*
*takes another blue pill*

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:35 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 pm
Posts: 6019
Location: Somewhere in that direction.
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
GameCobra wrote:
That first panel is a awesome avatar and is undeniably awesomely cute. just saying.


So I noticed. Ha! Grapewell FTW!
GameCobra wrote:
and Tarot is so cute in panel three it's a shame she ain't going to be coming along with the gang. especially with that line.

Yeah, Tarot is awesome. It would have been cool to have her come along. But her line, "Welcome to my domain, travelers!" Make me think she's pretty nerdy... And there's nothing wrong with that, considering how nerdy her boyfriend is.


Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:23 pm
Posts: 541
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
I can't help but notice that Grape said BEAT the pants off instead of SCARE the pants off.

I think you're thinking of the wrong game, Grape.

_________________
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2713
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
this episode is getting me exited for Halloween

And i don't even have Halloween O__O

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:22 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 878
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Aww, I wanted to see what kind of mayhem Tarot could cook up. :(

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:24 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14314
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Kitch wrote:
Aww, I wanted to see what kind of mayhem Tarot could cook up. :(

Did you ACTUALLY want a titanic dragon wreck the house with a sneeze?!? :shock:
OK, that would be a mama of a scare for everyone :?

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:43 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
I don't get it. Why doesn't Max want a psychic (Tarot) near the house? What's a Stephen King story? Is it something I'm supposed to know about?

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14314
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Alex wrote:
I don't get it. Why doesn't Max want a psychic (Tarot) near the house? What's a Stephen King story? Is it something I'm supposed to know about?

Considering how Tarot interacts with the spirits, and considering the house could be actually haunted, it would be like adding oxygen to hydrogen. BOOM!
Other than that, look on wiki for THE SHINING, first example of King's novel in which a very gifted psychich boy enters a haunted hotel, the Overlook, stirring the ghosts of the many that died there in several, violent ways...
There have been two adaptions of The Shining: a movie featuring Jack Nicholson, excellent actor, but bland plot. And then a TV miniseries that is more verbatim to the novel...alas, blander recitation...

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:20 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 am
Posts: 5257
Location: Someone save me from Jersey
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Teh Brawler wrote:
Never played l4d.

GET


OUT


NOW

_________________
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012


Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:48 pm
Posts: 719
Location: Western New York
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
valerio wrote:
Alex wrote:
I don't get it. Why doesn't Max want a psychic (Tarot) near the house? What's a Stephen King story? Is it something I'm supposed to know about?

Considering how Tarot interacts with the spirits, and considering the house could be actually haunted, it would be like adding oxygen to hydrogen. BOOM!
Other than that, look on wiki for THE SHINING, first example of King's novel in which a very gifted psychich boy enters a haunted hotel, the Overlook, stirring the ghosts of the many that died there in several, violent ways...
There have been two adaptions of The Shining: a movie featuring Jack Nicholson, excellent actor, but bland plot. And then a TV miniseries that is more verbatim to the novel...alas, blander recitation...

I actually liked the miniseries one better..

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:35 am
Profile YIM WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14314
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
Me too! Got the DVDs

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3905
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
So it's most likely going to be Maxwell & Grape Vs. Marvin & Zach. A Mischievious dating couple Vs. a crazy thinking family

What strikes me as curious is... what could possibly scare Maxwell and/or Grape?!?

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:48 am
Posts: 1453
Location: Yesterday
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
GameCobra wrote:
So it's most likely going to be Maxwell & Grape Vs. Marvin & Zach. A Mischievious dating couple Vs. a crazy thinking family

What strikes me as curious is... what could possibly scare Maxwell and/or Grape?!?


Tarot staying would be a very realistic situation.

_________________
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.


Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats
GameCobra wrote:
What strikes me as curious is... what could possibly scare Maxwell and/or Grape?!?

Peanut.

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.