Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: Arc# 36: Scaredy Cats

Post by GameCobra »

Alex wrote:
GameCobra wrote:What strikes me as curious is... what could possibly scare Maxwell and/or Grape?!?
Peanut.
and Tiger... NCK!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

ctcmjh wrote:But her line, "Welcome to my domain, travelers!"
It's not nerdy to talk like a magic user when you actually are a magic user!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

And then the fandom Alex rejoiced.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Too true. But come on, guys, I can't be the ONLY one, right?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Alex wrote:Too true. But come on, guys, I can't be the ONLY one, right?
True...
I don't hate Max being with Grape, i just happen to like Grapenut stuff better I guess. Sinder's Star-Crossed turned me into a fan of grapenut, so blame him.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

It would be funny if Tarot and Peanut had a "romantic evening", with Max and Grape busy in the challenge. ;3

Keep in mind, it would be Tarot's concept of "romantic", which would be far different than the typical, as is everything else about her. x3
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Kitch wrote:It would be funny if Tarot and Peanut had a "romantic evening", with Max and Grape busy in the challenge. ;3

Keep in mind, it would be Tarot's concept of "romantic", which would be far different than the typical, as is everything else about her. x3
/Agreed
so Rick... USE THIS IDEA!
Even though you already have the next 5 story arcs scripted out.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Private Elliot wrote:
Kitch wrote:It would be funny if Tarot and Peanut had a "romantic evening", with Max and Grape busy in the challenge. ;3

/Agreed
It could be a subplot within this one, and eventually thwart whatever plans Max has xD
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Kitch wrote:
Private Elliot wrote:

/Agreed
It could be a subplot within this one, and eventually thwart whatever plans Max has xD
/nod
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Im getting excited
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'll be sad if we don't see more Tarot in a B-plot or something this arc. I guess the downside to having such a large cast is that you can't possibly please all the characters' fans.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Alex wrote:Too true. But come on, guys, I can't be the ONLY one, right?
I'm not against Grapewell per se. I simply believe that Peanut and Grape are MADE to be together. They simply complete each other and Peanut's love is something funny, pure and sweet. And yes, Star-Crossed was just what we wanted to see, it simply reinforced our belief in Grapenut.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sleet wrote:I'll be sad if we don't see more Tarot in a B-plot or something this arc. I guess the downside to having such a large cast is that you can't possibly please all the characters' fans.
The THEME PARK WORLD proved that you can have an arc featuring the whole cast. Anyway, since this is a supernatural-based plot (hopefully), I guess Tarot will not be left behind...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If it takes that much to make that many Peanut/Grape fans, then i wish i had more time and energy to write one myself that is alot more indepth than my last one.

Peanut/Grape don't have to necessarily be fated too, you know ;)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Liam

Post by Liam »

Darn, Max is one big troll.
Alex wrote:I don't get it. Why doesn't Max want a psychic (Tarot) near the house? What's a Stephen King story? Is it something I'm supposed to know about?
According to the mythology underlying all King stories (they all share the same meta-setting so to speak, see Dark Tower) almost every single malign, supernatural occurence is caused by so called "Outsiders", Lovecraftian entities living outside of normal spacetime. Whenever they enter the observable universe physics begin to break down, looking for the protagonists like magic. Well, it is magic in a sense, because King held all this deliberately ambiguous to preserve the eery mood of his works, but simultaneously gave them a modern touch. Characters who possess any kind of psychic power can be used by these Outsiders as power sources, like in Shining, where the little boy's powers awake the evil force dwelling in the Outlook Hotel or in Duma Key, where the Outsider resides on a haunted ship.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

I'll be gone for the rest of the day, but I just had to pop in here and say that as a Stephen King fan, this was awesome.
Jarr

Post by Jarr »

I never imagined Max as a Stephen King fan. Just when you think you know a character...
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

Wouldn't it be funny if Peanut and Tarot scared everyone else out of the house via mental projection?
Image"Remember kids, only you can prevent a fiery apocalypse!"
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Indagare wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if Peanut and Tarot scared everyone else out of the house via mental projection?
Thats... That's... Not That bad of an idea.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Indagare wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if Peanut and Tarot scared everyone else out of the house via mental projection?
that would be awesome
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

valerio wrote:
Kitch wrote:Aww, I wanted to see what kind of mayhem Tarot could cook up. :(
Did you ACTUALLY want a titanic dragon wreck the house with a sneeze?!? :shock:
OK, that would be a mama of a scare for everyone :?

I would love to see that.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Private Elliot wrote:
Thats... That's... Not That bad of an idea.
Marvin doesn't know about that but Max does. Max should have recruited Peanut and Tarot if he really wanted to win.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

why is everything always my fault
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

What have you done this time?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Actually I really like that idea but it might not work on Max and Grape because they would know (or at least suspect) it might be Tarot if she changed things to drastically but if she did things carefully it might really work. Of course anything of hers would work easily on Marvin and Zach.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

maybe Tarot will just throw illusions at them scaring everyone out of the house at once screaming
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Sweet Jesus Grape's eyes are screwed
valerio

Post by valerio »

IceKitsune wrote:
Actually I really like that idea but it might not work on Max and Grape because they would know (or at least suspect) it might be Tarot if she changed things to drastically but if she did things carefully it might really work. Of course anything of hers would work easily on Marvin and Zach.
It's cool, but methinks Peanut wouldn't go for scaring the heck outta Grape. Some fun, ok, but scare the love of his life? I don't dare to imagine what she could DO to deserve such a treatment...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sinder wrote:why is everything always my fault
Uh?
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

valerio wrote:
Uh?
It's true.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
It's cool, but methinks Peanut wouldn't go for scaring the heck outta Grape. Some fun, ok, but scare the love of his life? I don't dare to imagine what she could DO to deserve such a treatment...
I can't imagine what she'd do to Peanut for such a scare.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

well it's your fault that it's your fault
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

valerio wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Well Peanut's love for Grape has not prevented him from waking her during nap time. To a degree, they're still more like siblings than lovers, and siblings do love to scare the wits out of one another even if, at the end of the day, they really mean no harm. We know Peanut and Grape like to play games together, so it wouldn't be too out of character. Plus I'm sure Peanut would love to get back at Max for the whole 'lava blob' thing...

To IceKitsune: Yeah she and Peanut would have to be careful with Max and Grape, but we all know from the Christmas arc of 2008 that Peanut can plan things in advance and be subtle, even while still appearing to be innocent and naive. Of course, for irony it may be that Marvin and Zach end up being the last pets to leave. That or everyone exits the house at the same time for some reason.
Image"Remember kids, only you can prevent a fiery apocalypse!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Well Peanut's love for Grape has not prevented him from waking her during nap time. To a degree, they're still more like siblings than lovers, and siblings do love to scare the wits out of one another even if, at the end of the day, they really mean no harm. We know Peanut and Grape like to play games together, so it wouldn't be too out of character. Plus I'm sure Peanut would love to get back at Max for the whole 'lava blob' thing...
That because Peanut tends to vent his stress at the expenses of Grape's napping, and only once to tell her 'I love you'. Other than that he never disturbed her for the fun of it, and I think he'd never intentionally scare the wits out of her...though you're right on one: since it IS halloween, scary is the rule.
As for the 'siblings' thing, since the 'Down at the Farm' arc and the end of 'Imaginate, too', I am still amazed that they could be considered in such way at al...
Oh, and yes, Peanut would do his part to get back at Maxie for the 'lava blob' thing :mrgreen:
And perhaps Tarot is an undercover agent for Peanut...hmmm...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Even before he knew she was a girl and had no romantic interest in her, I'm sure Peanut wasn't trying to annoy Grape on purpose or anything. It just kind of tends to happen 'cause he's a bit overenthusiastic.

And I'm sure Peanut's not mad at Max for that. He's not the grudge-holding type as far as we know. If he were, he'd have much worse to hold a grudge over.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

For all of your accomplishments you must bare an opposite and equal amount of fardels.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Sleet wrote:Even before he knew she was a girl and had no romantic interest in her, I'm sure Peanut wasn't trying to annoy Grape on purpose or anything. It just kind of tends to happen 'cause he's a bit overenthusiastic.
somehow i misread this post as implying peanut's a girl and grape's a guy
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Ebly wrote:
Sleet wrote:Even before he knew she was a girl and had no romantic interest in her, I'm sure Peanut wasn't trying to annoy Grape on purpose or anything. It just kind of tends to happen 'cause he's a bit overenthusiastic.
somehow i misread this post as implying peanut's a girl and grape's a guy
That would be sort of... disturbing to me. IDK why.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Shenut

and, uh, Grape
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I love you. <3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other