2019/04/10 - Police Lineup

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/04/10 - Police Lineup

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/04/10 - Police Lineup]
Title Text: you guys are gonna get SO MUCH administrative leave

Kevin: "Worth it."
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/04/10 - Police Lineup

Post by Saturn381 »

I love how Kevin's just smiling there. He's in his own world right now. :lol:
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

YES GUYS YOU SHOULD BE A-

... Kevin why are you smiling?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Arresting your own fellow officers is starting to go a bit into ludicrous territory. Ralph seems to be a bit arrest happy.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

And Kevin is just completely oblivious to the fact that he's in trouble. :lol:

Ralph needs to be a good boy, stop cuffing people, and just let Mungo explain.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Two questions.

1. What is Ralph’s issue?

2. What is going on with Kevin? He looks like he’s in his own little world. I would not be surprised if The Beach Boys was playing in his head.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

IceKitsune wrote:Arresting your own fellow officers is starting to go a bit into ludicrous territory. Ralph seems to be a bit arrest happy.
I'm pretty sure cops aren't immune to being arrested.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

D-Rock wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Arresting your own fellow officers is starting to go a bit into ludicrous territory. Ralph seems to be a bit arrest happy.
Yes obviously, let me clarify, In this situation after the previous strip having Ralph seemingly realize that what he was doing was over the top; going on to then arrest his fellow officers seems ludicrous.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Two questions.

2. What is going on with Kevin? He looks like he’s in his own little world. I would not be surprised if The Beach Boys was playing in his head.
He’s trying to feel like he’s not the only one that messed up considering his boys didn’t stick to the mission. That’s gonna change once Mungo makes him realize another stupid element of the sting, one that kinda meant it didn’t matter if they had kept to their goal, as they couldn’t get in contact with him

Kevin... I mean I could make a mild guess that he’s kinda used to these speeches as he is around Ralph the most of the K-9 unit, but I’m not sure that’s why Rick put that in
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Honestly, I'm ashamed of them, too. Particularly Fox.

No, the obstruction wasn't THAT big of a deal, but the speed and willingness they had in shirking their duties really was deplorable. They weren't just turning a blind eye (bad enough, but understandable). They were actively participating and they shouldn't be above anyone else. Kind of the opposite; they should be held to a higher standard.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

1. They defied the 'Chain of Command.

2. Sasha.

Well, it’s frowns all around – nearly
as Kevin grins from ear to ear;
despite all that they should have done
he got to play with Sasha here.
Ralph reprimands his loyal-ish troops
for not following his request;
showing to all concerned in here
that his way is what he thinks best.
It’s not for them to judge him
nor theirs to ignore his plan;
whether they like it or not
he’s their leader in the cop clan.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Ryusuta wrote:Honestly, I'm ashamed of them, too. Particularly Fox.

No, the obstruction wasn't THAT big of a deal, but the speed and willingness they had in shirking their duties really was deplorable. They weren't just turning a blind eye (bad enough, but understandable). They were actively participating and they shouldn't be above anyone else. Kind of the opposite; they should be held to a higher standard.
Well, Mungo did try and do his job, he only stopped after he realized he couldn’t get in contact with Ralph. I’m looking forward to how Ralph takes it when he finds out how dumb he looked to us when he came up with that plan
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:

He’s trying to feel like he’s not the only one that messed up considering his boys didn’t stick to the mission. That’s gonna change once Mungo makes him realize another stupid element of the sting, one that kinda meant it didn’t matter if they had kept to their goal, as they couldn’t get in contact with him
It was their fault they didn’t bring any radios or walkie talkies. Fox did lie to him so Ralph is not entirely wrong to be mad. But again he does need to relax. This is a suburban neighborhood not a Mission Impossible movie.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Come to think of it, I wonder if Mungo would be better served as a sergeant himself. First, think of how much that would save the department in damages payouts if he was to be kept in an administrative role. Second, he seems to be the only one here actively aware that they didn't think this "sting" through at all.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

We knew Mungo was strong, but one source says handcuffs are designed to "withstand a tensile force of 2200 N (495 lbf) for a period not less than 30s". Mungo Breaks those without trying with hardly any resistance.
IceKitsune wrote:
D-Rock wrote:
Yes obviously, let me clarify, In this situation after the previous strip having Ralph seemingly realize that what he was doing was over the top; going on to then arrest his fellow officers seems ludicrous.
It's symbolic. Ralph doesn't literally consider his officers criminals.
The cape comes with the promotion.
UnseenPanther

Post by UnseenPanther »

Champion Wallace wrote:We knew Mungo was strong, but one source says handcuffs are designed to "withstand a tensile force of 2200 N (495 lbf) for a period not less than 30s". Mungo Breaks those without trying with hardly any resistance.
You ever took a comic too seriously?
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

UnseenPanther wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:We knew Mungo was strong, but one source says handcuffs are designed to "withstand a tensile force of 2200 N (495 lbf) for a period not less than 30s". Mungo Breaks those without trying with hardly any resistance.
(thinks of the history of this forum)
Wait, you serious?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

What's going on inside Kevin's head? Oh, probably an advanced nuclear physics calculation.... he's gotten smart now, 'member. Well, at least the handcuffs were one humiliation spared poor, dear Fox.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:What's going on inside Kevin's head? Oh, probably an advanced nuclear physics calculation.... he's gotten smart now, 'member.
My money is still on

Aruba, Jamaica, oh I want to take ya
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go, Jamaica
Off the Florida Keys, there's a place called Kokomo
That's where you want to go to get away from it all
Bodies in the sand, tropical drink melting in your hand
We'll be falling in love to the rhythm of a steel drum band
Down in Kokomo
Aruba, Jamaica, oh I want to take you to
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go
oh I want to take you down to
Kokomo, we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow
That's where we want to go, way down in Kokomo

UnseenPanther wrote:
For the record, all the time. Isn’t that the point of the forum? ;)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

NHWestoN wrote:What's going on inside Kevin's head? Oh, probably an advanced nuclear physics calculation.... he's gotten smart now, 'member.
Your beef with Kevin's recognizing injustice and abuse for what it is and his dogged persistence in attempting to prevent it from happening has always come off as rather unfair to Kevin. And putting a veil over your opinion doesn't make it more attractive. A few people have tried to give you a different perspective on this, but if you're going to continue needling at this one, I'd like to invite you to stop. (If that was not your intention, feel free to let me know. Just note that it definitely came off that way to me.)

Also it seems as though some people's recent dislike for Ralph has blinded them to the fact that these police dogs did shirk their duties. Ralph is well within rights to dress them down (no pun intended). Part of the fun of this arc looks like its going to be in recognizing that several individuals messed up to some degree (not just Ralph). If you're not able to take Ralph's overly enthusiastic methods in good fun, I have a feeling this arc is going to be hard on you.

---

Ah, Kevin, so unflappable. Let the sarge bark on, eh? You got to spend the <however long> in a spa with your girlfriend. :lol:
And Ralph? The resignedness is just great :P
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

One thing I've learned in my time here, it takes very little to get people to demand someone's hide.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Obbl wrote:Also it seems as though some people's recent dislike for Ralph has blinded them to the fact that these police dogs did shirk their duties. Ralph is well within rights to dress them down (no pun intended).
It did occur to me that, in all fairness to Ralph, he did send four K-9s in to do a job, and still ended up having to go in and do it himself. So on the face of it, he does has reason to be salty. But, looking back, (and this is a legit query) is there really much that the four could've done differently? At least as far as nabbing Keene goes?

Ralph chastises them about "running off to be naked in a spa" when that was kinda the whole plan. :lol:

The only thing they really did "wrong," or at least off-plan wrong, is when Fox lied about them not being dry enough to leave. If he hadn't, what could they have done besides just leave and wait to come back? They couldn't have taken Keene anywhere or done anything about the spa itself in those conditions.

Then again, the spa likely wasn't the only thing going on in a snowed-in Babylon Gardens. If there was nothing to be done about the spa at that time they could've been out helping with other police business around town, so in that sense, choosing to stay was dereliction of duty.

Eh, it's like you said, just about everyone messed up to one degree or another.
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

Hey i was right they did get in trouble. Though it doesn't look like Kevin really cares. :lol:
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

OK, I'm gonna take after y'all and do a little bit of an assumption here. Rick and I are both fans of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels, particularly the City Watch books, which feature a police commander named Samuel Vimes who often solves problems by arresting people and leaving it to his city's dictator and other politicians to figure out the mess afterward. I like to think Ralph's arresting nature is a tribute to Commander Vimes, described by his city's leader this way in-universe:
Lord Vetinari wrote:‘Sam Vimes once arrested me for treason. And Sam Vimes once arrested a dragon. Sam Vimes stopped a war between nations by arresting two high commands. He’s an arresting fellow, Sam Vimes. Sam Vimes killed a werewolf with his bare hands, and carries law with him like a lamp. Watchmen across half the continent will say that Sam Vimes is as straight as an arrow, can’t be corrupted, won’t be turned, never took a bribe.‘

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

leinglo wrote:
Obbl wrote:Also it seems as though some people's recent dislike for Ralph has blinded them to the fact that these police dogs did shirk their duties. Ralph is well within rights to dress them down (no pun intended).
It did occur to me that, in all fairness to Ralph, he did send four K-9s in to do a job, and still ended up having to go in and do it himself. So on the face of it, he does has reason to be salty. But, looking back, (and this is a legit query) is there really much that the four could've done differently? At least as far as nabbing Keene goes?

Ralph chastises them about "running off to be naked in a spa" when that was kinda the whole plan. :lol:

The only thing they really did "wrong," or at least off-plan wrong, is when Fox lied about them not being dry enough to leave. If he hadn't, what could they have done besides just leave and wait to come back? They couldn't have taken Keene anywhere or done anything about the spa itself in those conditions.

Then again, the spa likely wasn't the only thing going on in a snowed-in Babylon Gardens. If there was nothing to be done about the spa at that time they could've been out helping with other police business around town, so in that sense, choosing to stay was dereliction of duty.

Eh, it's like you said, just about everyone messed up to one degree or another.
Ok so Fox lied about them being dry. Did Ralph find out Fox was lying? How? Also i'm pretty sure he lied just so he wouldn't be left out since he would've been the only one that couldn't stay at the spa. While that may me shirking his duties, it didn't look like he would get in trouble for it

Also to Ralph, there was no way to get them out of the spa when they got snowed in because they were all wet. they were basically forced to wait anyhow. And like you said leinglo, even if they were all dry, all they could do is wait for the snow to clear to come back and try again later. There was no difference either way, it still would've lead to this, but the problem with this is that Ralph's taking this too far. Fox needs to call Ralph out on his hypocrisy, Mungo needs to tell him what he's doing is dumb, and Kevin is...Kevin

While they are at fault it's not because of Fox lying, or the fact that they enjoyed the spa during the snow. It's the fact they didn't return after the snow melted, but i don't think that deserves an arrest without an explanation. Ralph's apparently taking this as if he's in Summer Action Blockbuster the irony and trying to make this bigger than it really is despite being aware that it's not. Arresting the K-9 Crew can't be as Symbolic as Ralph say it is. Why is he stuck in such a movie cop mindset to the point where he refuses to listen to a possibly Justifiable explanation twice?

Why in the world does it seem like Ralph is going to arrest EVERYONE??? He can't arrest basically every pet in the neighborhood can he? Especially since he's by himself and is not blocking the entrances. What's stopping anyone from leaving while he's not looking? Specificallly Keene since the whole point of this was to get to him and just give him a ticket. Just a ticket. It shouldn't be any of this arresting nonsense.

Also why Handcuffs instead of a leash?
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Didn't Ralph specifically send them into the spa naked to blend in and find Keene? So being naked in the spa was following orders. The issue comes up when they overstayed. So at the worst, they are guilty of dereliction, which is disciplinary, but not arrestable.
Panther

Post by Panther »

I don't know what happened to Kevin in the spa (just imagining) but it seems clearly that he regrets NOTHING of it :oops:
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Mungo cannot be contained. Call the SWAT teams.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Mungo cannot be contained. Call the SWAT teams.
Wonder if he's related to Mungo from Blazing Saddles xD
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder if Mungo has finished paying for the damages bill from his last excursion? The quartermaster for the unit must keep a running tab on him.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I'm really getting a "small town bad cop" vibe from Ralph. No wonder Fox didn't trust the department to do the right thing by Sasha.

And, @dissension, arresting Keene for blocking traffic is more a Fred Colon move than a Sam Vimes one.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gabi

Post by Gabi »

Well, everyone has already commented on Kevin's expression, so...

I'll just say I wonder whether they have any plans on how to spend their administrative leave.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Ralph: And you guys! What were you four doing?!?
Kevin: ...Having a delicious bath :3

*Ralph chucks the four out on the streets naked* (Mungo's robe goes flying in the air. RIP Mungo's robe)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Argent wrote:
I'm really getting a "small town bad cop" vibe from Ralph. No wonder Fox didn't trust the department to do the right thing by Sasha.

And, @dissension, arresting Keene for blocking traffic is more a Fred Colon move than a Sam Vimes one.
Here’s an insane theory. Have anyone ever read Desperation by Stephen King? Long story short a small town cop is processed by a demon and kills the townspeople except for a few and the remaining tourists and citizens team up to stop him. What if Ralph is being manuplated by otherworldly forces?
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

1) Well to be fair, they did shrug off their duties, consequences had to come whetever they like it or not. Also I think the whole fun with this arc is going to be seeing how Ralph realises how futile arresting everyone is. So I think we should take it with much better humor :mrgreen:

2) I don't know about you, but if I would spend naked time with my girlfriend I would be happy about that too...or he just tunes Ralph out :lol:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eh, I understand that, Ralph, but you know... you only live once, and the spa is a cool place. :P ;) Mungo is always a good boy, even when he has to be cuffed. :D Eheh, a such tiny chain is nothing against his strength. :lol: Now let him do his explanation. :)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

HundKatzeMaus wrote: 1) Well to be fair, they did shrug off their duties, consequences had to come whetever they like it or not. Also I think the whole fun with this arc is going to be seeing how Ralph realises how futile arresting everyone is. So I think we should take it with much better humor :mrgreen:

2) I don't know about you, but if I would spend naked time with my girlfriend I would be happy about that too...or he just tunes Ralph out :lol:
It’s been said repeatedly but this entire sting has made no sense from a logical or legal standpoint. You really can’t blame them for wanting to enjoy themselves when Ralph overreacted. It’s Ralph’s fault they got snowed in. They all didn’t even need to go in there in the first place so that’s another strike, plus Ralph should have gone in with them if he was so concerned about Keene’s capture. Their only mistake was not leaving as soon as the snow melted.
But you know they’re going to have a heart to heart where Ralph (I hope) apologizes for both his behavior and poor judgment. If not then one of them needs to go to the captain and complain about Ralph’s recent behavior.
The real humor is Kevin’s expression which begs the question of if he’s tuning Ralph out or is the only one who realizes that Ralph scolding them is futile.

“Naked time”? They’re naked all the time (except when they’re on duty).
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote: 1) Well to be fair, they did shrug off their duties, consequences had to come whetever they like it or not. Also I think the whole fun with this arc is going to be seeing how Ralph realises how futile arresting everyone is. So I think we should take it with much better humor :mrgreen:

It’s been said repeatedly but this entire sting has made no sense from a logical or legal standpoint. You really can’t blame them for wanting to enjoy themselves when Ralph overreacted. It’s Ralph’s fault they got snowed in. They all didn’t even need to go in there in the first place so that’s another strike, plus Ralph should have gone in with them if he was so concerned about Keene’s capture. Their only mistake was not leaving as soon as the snow melted.
But you know they’re going to have a heart to heart where Ralph (I hope) apologizes for both his behavior and poor judgment. If not then one of them needs to go to the captain and complain about Ralph’s recent behavior.
The real humor is Kevin’s expression which begs the question of if he’s tuning Ralph out or is the only one who realizes that Ralph scolding them is futile.

“Naked time”? They’re naked all the time (except when they’re on duty).
Yes, but this is fanservice naked we’re talking. All the dogs, cats, and others have a few more curves to them when fanservice naked
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:Here’s an insane theory. Have anyone ever read Desperation by Stephen King? Long story short a small town cop is processed by a demon and kills the townspeople except for a few and the remaining tourists and citizens team up to stop him. What if Ralph is being manuplated by otherworldly forces?
His eyes would change color, then, just like everyone else who's being manipulated by otherworldly forces or hypnosis or whatever.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

fenrirblack wrote:
Argent wrote:

Here’s an insane theory. Have anyone ever read Desperation by Stephen King? Long story short a small town cop is processed by a demon and kills the townspeople except for a few and the remaining tourists and citizens team up to stop him. What if Ralph is being manuplated by otherworldly forces?
THAT...actually sounds pretty logical...and would be a neat twist!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City