2019/01/04 - Trickster/Father Figure

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/01/04 - Trickster/Father Figure

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/01/04 - Trickster/Father Figure]
Title Text: will also accept "daddy dearest"

It helps when your adoptive parent is already close to you, I guess.

Also, apparently fur farms really are a thing in this world.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/01/04 - Trickster/Father Figure

Post by Saturn381 »

Nice to see Kitsune having a girlfriend.

Also, I think this pretty much confirms that the kits are Pete and Dragon.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Finally, more of the best characters, and call him dad, Draig. … or was it Craig?
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Oh. My. God. I take back what I said earlier, he is evil. :D
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Yes!!! Even if Biological is not yet certain, my belief that Kitsune was their “daddy” as I put it has been confirmed... also, guess that means Kitsune is sticking around as a kinda mortal character
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

I am not sure if I am correctly remembering that foxes are referred to being tricky creatures in folklore.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Isn’t Kitsune the best? Helping raise kits that are not his and that he’s not related AT ALL.

Also they make a cute couple
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Ohhhhh, this is just too perfect. I had a feeling Kitsune would be keeping an eye on those two, but hooking up with the fox-mom to be their "dad?" This is better than any scenario I expected. Go Kitsune! :lol:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Zesortinge wrote:I am not sure if I am correctly remembering that foxes are referred to being tricky creatures in folklore.
yeah foxes are considered trickster in folklore, I think so are raccoons
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Rabbits as well, it varies by culture, but foxes are among the most common.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

This does get me wondering. Has Kitsune hooked up with mortals before? Second, Is Kix aware of Kitsune's true nature?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Zesortinge wrote:I am not sure if I am correctly remembering that foxes are referred to being tricky creatures in folklore.
yeah foxes are considered trickster in folklore, I think so are raccoons
Coyotes are too.

Here's something I found online. Kitsune - They are described as "tricksters" with no care for the concept of right or wrong. ;)
This is very wrong. :lol:
Hawkfang42 wrote:Finally, more of the best characters, and call him dad, Draig. … or was it Craig?
It's Pete aka Craig. You can tell by the dark fur, attitude, and pattern around the nose and eyes.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

leinglo wrote:This does get me wondering. Has Kitsune hooked up with mortals before? Second, Is Kix aware of Kitsune's true nature?
I mean, you’d be surprised by how many mortals are into that.
jonas

Post by jonas »

That's awkward. I almost feel sorry for Pete.

Almost.

Nah, no I don't. x)
bravelove

Post by bravelove »

time to focus on the amazing trick kitsune is playing and not on the fact there are fur farms!
Image Image
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

And now we see Kits' sense of fun
as King nearly re-meets his remaker.
Craig comes in as Winter’s begun
and he’s freezing his little salt shaker.
We learn a lot more about Kix,
the mother who’s all she can be.
We learn where she learnt all her tricks
and how she came to be free.
Where, in all this, is our Draig,
Arch-sister of the malevolent god?
The one he’d avoid like the plague
as being friends is just a little bit odd...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

SO WEIRD!!! AAAAAAAH!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

bravelove wrote:time to focus on the amazing trick kitsune is playing and not on the fact there are fur farms!
I mean, in the Housepets universe, good chance it works more like one of those places you can donate your hair to so people can have wigs after cancer treatment and stuff like that.
valerio

Post by valerio »

A question regarding my work of translation: did Kix make a pun about her owner dying (buying the farm), or was just stating the acquisition of a fur farm?
Thank you to whoever will help me with this.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

jonas wrote:That's awkward. I almost feel sorry for Pete.

Almost.

Nah, no I don't. x)
At this point, I'm not sure if Rick would make us feel sorry for Pete even if he tried.
Okay, he probably could. But it would be really hard.
bravelove wrote:time to focus on the amazing trick kitsune is playing and not on the fact there are fur farms!
I'm still wondering how hunting works in the Housepets-verse. Like, if you were to go deer hunting, would you have to hash out an agreement with the local coyotes or wolves so that there's no conflict? How would you keep the rabbits, mice, squirrels and other assorted animals from tipping off the deer?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

valerio wrote:A question regarding my work of translation: did Kix make a pun about her owner dying (buying the farm), or was just stating the acquisition of a fur farm?
I think the misleading expression was intentional.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

So does this mean the fox bodies Pete and Dragon inhabit are in fact hallow shells they inhabited? Or is this a space and time thing?
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I'm loving Kitsune more and more with every update
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Wow... Okay. For the first time in...

EVER...

...I have to agree with Pete on this one.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Cerberusx wrote:So does this mean the fox bodies Pete and Dragon inhabit are in fact hallow shells they inhabited? Or is this a space and time thing?
I mean, Joel was transformed into a dog, so it's probably nothing super complicated :P

:D Kitsune just makes my day every time he's on screen :D
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Bandit1990 wrote:
valerio wrote:A question regarding my work of translation: did Kix make a pun about her owner dying (buying the farm), or was just stating the acquisition of a fur farm?
I think the misleading expression was intentional.
See Rufus for further examples...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Alright, they're still in the waiting pool.
fenrirblack wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:Finally, more of the best characters, and call him dad, Draig. … or was it Craig?
It's Pete aka Craig. You can tell by the dark fur, attitude, and pattern around the nose and eyes.
Additionally Craig is in the tags below the image.
Gameb18oy wrote:
leinglo wrote:This does get me wondering. Has Kitsune hooked up with mortals before? Second, Is Kix aware of Kitsune's true nature?
Kitsune says "her two kits" instead of "our two kits" so I think he joined after they were born. I would say she doesn't know her tall glass of cream is a demigod because she doesn't know her kids are demigods and while those facts aren't necessarily related, I don't think she'd find out one without the other.
It's not like this is Zootopia; there are still ranches. Finding out there's businesses in the HP universe for raising animals just to kill them isn't exactly a new revelation.
I beleaive the term for this is a garden-path sentence. There are several definitions for "bought the farm" and while listening to her with the information up to the point she says that it would be safe to assume she's using it as a euphemism for dying. The idea is that what she says next forces you to recontextualize what she said before giving it a grater impact; emotionally going through "aww, that's sad" before getting to "ugh, that's terrible" makes you give more thought to just how bad for a fox to be owned by an someone with a fur farm. As a reader, we're more detached and can appreciate the humor in her pun with how different those two situations are.

Short answer: my interpretation is her previous owner is alive, she ran away to save her life, and her line is this strip was indeed a pun.
leinglo wrote:I'm still wondering how hunting works in the Housepets-verse. Like, if you were to go deer hunting, would you have to hash out an agreement with the local coyotes or wolves so that there's no conflict? How would you keep the rabbits, mice, squirrels and other assorted animals from tipping off the deer?
How would the deer keep the rabbits, mice, squirrels and other assorted animals from being bribed by the hunters :roll:
The cape comes with the promotion.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well, this is an interesting dynamic for these characters. They have to all get on each other's nerves so much.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm deeply touched by Kitsune's newly discovered paternal sentiments - and such an indulgent father, too.

So, Kix, are you a real Fox or a Celestial with a cover-story?
valerio

Post by valerio »

NHWestoN wrote:I'm deeply touched by Kitsune's newly discovered paternal sentiments - and such an indulgent father, too.

So, Kix, are you a real Fox or a Celestial with a cover-story?
Knowing GK, just a cute mortal fox in need of a mate to be the father of her kits
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Naw, I'm sure GK and Kix are just really good friends, Val. ;) Celestial-mortal romances never work out, right, Zeus?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Naw, I'm sure GK and Kix are just really good friends, Val. ;) Celestial-mortal romances never work out, right, Zeus?
Listen, do you really want to use the guy who probably would still be getting with more mortals if people still commonly told stories about Zeus?
Champion Wallace wrote:Alright, they're still in the waiting pool.
fenrirblack wrote:
Additionally Craig is in the tags below the image.
Gameb18oy wrote:
Kitsune says "her two kits" instead of "our two kits" so I think he joined after they were born. I would say she doesn't know her tall glass of cream is a demigod because she doesn't know her kids are demigods and while those facts aren't necessarily related, I don't think she'd find out one without the other.
It's not like this is Zootopia; there are still ranches. Finding out there's businesses in the HP universe for raising animals just to kill them isn't exactly a new revelation.
I beleaive the term for this is a garden-path sentence. There are several definitions for "bought the farm" and while listening to her with the information up to the point she says that it would be safe to assume she's using it as a euphemism for dying. The idea is that what she says next forces you to recontextualize what she said before giving it a grater impact; emotionally going through "aww, that's sad" before getting to "ugh, that's terrible" makes you give more thought to just how bad for a fox to be owned by an someone with a fur farm. As a reader, we're more detached and can appreciate the humor in her pun with how different those two situations are.

Short answer: my interpretation is her previous owner is alive, she ran away to save her life, and her line is this strip was indeed a pun.
leinglo wrote:I'm still wondering how hunting works in the Housepets-verse. Like, if you were to go deer hunting, would you have to hash out an agreement with the local coyotes or wolves so that there's no conflict? How would you keep the rabbits, mice, squirrels and other assorted animals from tipping off the deer?
How would the deer keep the rabbits, mice, squirrels and other assorted animals from being bribed by the hunters :roll:
Listen, I’m not saying this look necessarily means anything, but it definitely doesn’t discount that Kitsune may have gotten together with this Vixen before Craig and Draig existed
Attachments
9CABE14E-C108-4215-820C-953ADE4AD665.jpeg
9CABE14E-C108-4215-820C-953ADE4AD665.jpeg (75.42 KiB) Viewed 13544 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It's possible that said look developed after the birth of the kits. Only thing that separates mated foxes is death, so it isn't hard to believe that her mate died and Kitsune is helping out.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

"-Stop being so weird!
- Stop being so weird, 'daddy'" XDDD

So Craig and Draig are being raised by Kitsune ^^ Not surprising.
Still, it's kinda strange that they seem to have retained some memory of their afterlife.

And it's nice to see Kitsune saved a vixen from a fur farm.
Though unlike what he says, it's most probably for the sole reason that she's Pete's and Dragon's new mom and that he wants to have fun tormenting the two during their mortal lives. But then again, that might not have excluded a genuine will to help Kix.
I wonder how much of Kitsune's personality is actual kindness besides all the trickstery and trolling. His speech to Tarot after Temple Crashers 2 seemed pretty kind, but strange since he tells her to be happy she survived although he's a god and he himself could have helped them all survive (and could have fixed the whole situation) very easily. So, I don't know...

Also, why does Bailey seem disturbed by wild animals coming here? Given her connection to the wolves, she shouldn't have any problem with that, should she?
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Well, that's not at all creepy.

Wait, yes it is.

Kitsune is not a great person, even if he is a Great Kitsune.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I wouldn’t be surprised if he really was the father.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, he's totally the dad.

Also, Kitsune is totally foreshadowing something here. *squees*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I wonder if Draig has spotted a collar free Peanut yet?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

King, Craig, and possibly Draig in one place? All we need is Thomas and Steward to show up and this whole universe falls apart!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Besides his "trickstering", GK does like to fancy himself a "teacher of life lessons".

We did see Pete and Dragon depart for mortality back in Australia - in what form they landed there remained undisclosed nor did the process of their reincarnation (if that's the correct term). How a Kix-Kitsune "shipping" factors into this, I'll let Rick reveal.

....it'll be fun, whatever. ;)