2019/01/04 - Trickster/Father Figure

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

Re: 2019/01/04 - Trickster/Father Figure

Post by D-Rock »

It is interesting how much in denial some of us can be when it comes to real-life practices and realities. Surprised something as mundane as the real-world food web is taking people by surprise here. :|
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

fenrirblack wrote:If Kitsune did have an actual kid, what would they be like?
Karishad, most probably. They'd be like Karishad.
Okay, something else I'm curious about is what is up with this spa? I've asked about it before but it is seriously an animal only spa because it seems that no human is curious to why this random building is in the middle of the street or why every pet in the neighborhood is flocking to it. Bailey asks "when did wild animals get in here" like there is some rule that says they can't. I mean it's not like there's a body guard or lock on the door. Anyone could just come in. It's not like Keene cares.
I think she's just surprised one showed up there, what with it being parked in the middle of town in a blizzard.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, I think the humans just look, shrug, and mumble something about "life in Babylon Gardens"........
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

SeanWolf wrote:
Dissension wrote:To reiterate, the whole point of the sub-game between Pete and Spirit Dragon was to ascertain who would control their group. They've both seemingly been disqualified and their lifetime sentence would presumably preclude either of them interfering with their former servants and minions, since the incarnated U&U Crew are significantly younger than King; Bailey; Sabrina; Tarot; and their companions.
Oooooh. So in other words, King and the rest of the crew are fine for good (Minus whatever Karishad does hehe) and my fears were just me being stupid?
I wouldnt go that far. They lost their powers but the fact they are walking distance away from each other means there is always the possibility that they could do harm. Directly or indirectly Pete and/or Dragon could still do damage to King and co or peanut and co.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Buster wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:I mean, in the Housepets universe, good chance it works more like one of those places you can donate your hair to so people can have wigs after cancer treatment and stuff like that.
*snickering* uh, yeah, no. you missed grape's rant in the early chapters didn't you? the HPU is one of those "if you want it to seem ideal don't look too closely" settings.
Well, to be fair, Bino got his hair shaved off to buy Duchess an ill-fitting phone case for Christmas, so such places do exist.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

fenrirblack wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:
Dissension wrote:To reiterate, the whole point of the sub-game between Pete and Spirit Dragon was to ascertain who would control their group. They've both seemingly been disqualified and their lifetime sentence would presumably preclude either of them interfering with their former servants and minions, since the incarnated U&U Crew are significantly younger than King; Bailey; Sabrina; Tarot; and their companions.
Oooooh. So in other words, King and the rest of the crew are fine for good (Minus whatever Karishad does hehe) and my fears were just me being stupid?
I wouldnt go that far. They lost their powers but the fact they are walking distance away from each other means there is always the possibility that they could do harm. Directly or indirectly Pete and/or Dragon could still do damage to King and co or peanut and co.
Ah, OK. Still, at least it puts my mind at ease now.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Don't get complacent, Sean. You're still in Babylon Gardens, you know.....
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Don't get complacent, Sean. You're still in Babylon Gardens, you know.....
Hm?
Yamitora1

Post by Yamitora1 »

wonder if this is the first time kitsune has tried to get them to call him daddy? lol
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that it might be the first time and Craig screaming at him to stop being weird is him being weirded out by him for the first time rather than just pure annoyance.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It's Kitsune, this was not the first time he was ever weird around Pete and most likely not the first time the "call me daddy" thing came up. I'm sure Pete had a few choice words for Kitsune back when he first showed up and said "I'm going to be your daddy now." To be in the room when that happened. I would sell tickets. :lol:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:It's Kitsune, this was not the first time he was ever weird around Pete and most likely not the first time the "call me daddy" thing came up. I'm sure Pete had a few choice words for Kitsune back when he first showed up and said "I'm going to be your daddy now." To be in the room when that happened. I would sell tickets. :lol:
I mean... Rick isn’t against flashback arcs, so you may get your wish if you pray hard enough
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

he may not be against them but they're definitely not his thing. That's my thing. I'm am the King of Backstory!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, it is weird … and ironic … and funny as all geet out!! ;)
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Gameb18oy wrote:I mean... Rick isn’t against flashback arcs, so you may get your wish if you pray hard enough
But pray to whom?
fenrirblack wrote:he may not be against them but they're definitely not his thing. That's my thing. I'm am the King of Backstory!
I once sought to claim the title of Housepets! lorekeeper.... but I realized I couldn't remember every single minute detail of the comic, so I was unfit for the position.
Wish you better luck?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Wait.

Is Dragon there, but just off panel?

Kitsune says "Please kits, call me daddy." Not kit, not Craig, kits plural. Sure he could be speaking in general terms, like asking a single teen why kids are all out of control, but Dragon will be a kit as well now and unlikely to be too far from Kix's sight. But she's not immediately visible. Is she, as some have suggested, seeking out Peanut?

That could be funny seeing as how Peanut is still rather mellow. Dragon confesses who she is and he reacts in his subdued attitude.
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote:Dumb question #862 … do Celestials breed?
It's been implied that Pete and Dragon are siblings. Which suggests yes.
SeanWolf wrote:This whole arc leads me to this question I had (and it's been bugging me for a while): Since Pete and Dragon are now Fox kits for ?60? mortal years (Was it 60 or a Lifetime), what will happen once those years are up?
They'll go back to playing the original game. They were playing the Game in the HP! universe to decide what rules they were going to be using in another game. The whole Game backstory is basically a coin flip that got out of control.
Silly Zealot wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:I mean... Rick isn’t against flashback arcs, so you may get your wish if you pray hard enough
But pray to whom?
I'm all about worshiping Breel's homies at the mustelid spa in Heaven.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

SeanWolf wrote:This whole arc leads me to this question I had (and it's been bugging me for a while): Since Pete and Dragon are now Fox kits for ?60? mortal years (Was it 60 or a Lifetime), what will happen once those years are up?
They'll go back to playing the original game. They were playing the Game in the HP! universe to decide what rules they were going to be using in another game. The whole Game backstory is basically a coin flip that got out of control.

So...basically...Pete and Dragon's little game just evolved into sibling rivalry? Sorry bit loss there.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Silly Zealot wrote:
But pray to whom?
bahamut, obviously.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
But pray to whom?
bahamut, obviously.
Kitsune is also an option if you think about it
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Pete did invite King to pray to him … we know how that turned out. ;)
Yamitora1

Post by Yamitora1 »

fenrirblack wrote:It's Kitsune, this was not the first time he was ever weird around Pete and most likely not the first time the "call me daddy" thing came up. I'm sure Pete had a few choice words for Kitsune back when he first showed up and said "I'm going to be your daddy now." To be in the room when that happened. I would sell tickets. :lol:
my question was geared more towards a pg-13 version of call me daddy lol
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

OK that makes it a bit more weirder... :?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:“See, I’m not all trickstery” He just straight up lied to all their faces. He’s tricking Kix by “raising” her kits when in actuality he keeping an eye on them and making sure they don’t do anything problematic or illegal.
If your definition of raising kids is such that a parent shouldn't keep an eye on the kids or prevent them from breaking the law, I think we've found the problem.
fenrirblack wrote:At this point I wouldn’t put it past Pete to kill all the ferals in their sleep and blame it on the fact he’s a Fox. Not to mention there is “Shifty-eye” Mr. Steward lurking off screen so I wouldn’t put it past them to team up for some kind of villainous plot to destroy Babylon Gardens.
...And this furthers his plan to escape his punishment and retake his mortal form sooner how?
fenrirblack wrote:You know Kix will find out about all this. It might take years but I find it hard to believe that she won’t eventually find out the truth about a Kitsune and the Kits. Remember she’s still the real victim. She’s just being used to punish Dragon and Pete and now Kitsune is “pretending” to help her “raise” them. Fur farms are the least of her problems.
At what point would she stop being the victim and instead be considered fortunate that as a single mom she got literal divine intervention to help her with her children, unless you mean to say GK offed her mate so he could take his place to get a better vantage point to monitor Dragon and Pete?
fenrirblack wrote:Kitsune is still so precious in that fourth panel. :P
I completely agree with you there.
Gameb18oy wrote:That being said, you are right Kix is likely to find out eventually, she seems clever enough even if she is falling a bit for Custom Ink’s cult preachings. I predict Kitsune probably is gonna develop some real feelings for her down the line if he hasn’t already as that seems inevitable in a story like this. It’s a slim chance but maybe he’ll go mortal like Breel is so he can actually grow old with her. He seems the least attached to his godlike powers, plus Kari is pure proof that he’d likely be able to work mostly the same if he gave them up.
I don't think Kix knows yet, but I agree she's probably going to find out eventually. Mortal souls have regulated processes they have to go through to come back to Earth: manifestation, reincarnation, apparition, out of country phone calls, and fate of the world kinda things. As a demigod, Great Kitsune doesn't seem to have that kind of limitation. What's to stop him form being with Kix all her life and still be everywhere all the time.
GameCobra wrote:What if he's really their daddy, but in a mortal sense and not in the god sense?
I don't see how that would really matter that much for Craig and Draig. It's not like having Kitsune as their biological father is going to give them superhumanfox strength like Hercules or Percy Jackson. Their reincarnation was of heavenly origin; the plan was for them to have the mind of a demigod, but the body of a mundane fox and something as relatively trivial as parents' DNA should be something they can easily override. However, even if it doesn't matter for Craig and Draig, Kitsune being the biological father would be tied in with how intimate he and Kix are together as well as how much time he's spending with her.
fenrirblack wrote:
That’s up for Rick to decide. Historically Gods have been known to reproduce as well as other celestial beings. Whether or not that is something Rick wants to do is questionable. But I would say yes because of the fact that, I’m sure there are other people who know more about this than me, if I remember correctly the gods are supposed to use the Game as training for fighting demons so theoretically they would have some kind of parent figure somewhere in heaven. Their ability to breed with mortals is still unknown since we have no confirmation.
The Game doesn't seem intended for training to fight archdemons so much as to have fun fighting archdemons. In fact, it's so far out of mainstream it's considered dorky.
Obbl wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:This whole arc leads me to this question I had (and it's been bugging me for a while): Since Pete and Dragon are now Fox kits for ?60? mortal years (Was it 60 or a Lifetime), what will happen once those years are up? Will the game begin again or will Pete do something rash and stupid? I know King is forever a dog now (Thank you Wiki's about the past arcs) but...I dunno I'm still iffy when it comes to the trio of Kitsune, Pete, and Dragon when they are around King and Bailey.
Okay, imagine you and your friends are playing a board/table-top game and a bet has been made where the loser has to do XYZ as punishment. What happens after the punishment is over? Whatever you and your friends want to do. Want to play the game again? Sure! Want to do something else? Sure!
So after their mortal life is over, they go back to the celestial realm and do whatever they want :D
More important than the losers punishment is they did this so the winner would lead their gaming group. With both of them losing they still need to figure out who will lead. That could result in them starting another one-on-one after their 60 years are up.
D-Rock wrote:
Pete and Dragon are explicitly siblings, so that would imply parents. Or maybe we're going with the "came to be" and they got adopted. Their appearance doesn't seem to have a say in potential partners, again looking at Pete and Dragon's relation, and the fact that Pete dated Cerberus (she would have started as an Infernal by my guess since her promotion was after she had already broken up with Pete). If they do breed, it's an incredibly slow process from mortal standpoints.

My guess, ultimately.
As I recall, the only mention of them being siblings was in Meanwhile In Heaven and I took that to mean as mortals they'd be siblings because their new bodies would both pop out of the same fox, so to speak. As for Cerberus and Pete dating, even if they couldn't breed that doesn't stop them from spending eternity in each other's company.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:“See, I’m not all trickstery” He just straight up lied to all their faces. He’s tricking Kix by “raising” her kits when in actuality he keeping an eye on them and making sure they don’t do anything problematic or illegal.
If your definition of raising kids is such that a parent shouldn't keep an eye on the kids or prevent them from breaking the law, I think we've found the problem.
fenrirblack wrote:At this point I wouldn’t put it past Pete to kill all the ferals in their sleep and blame it on the fact he’s a Fox. Not to mention there is “Shifty-eye” Mr. Steward lurking off screen so I wouldn’t put it past them to team up for some kind of villainous plot to destroy Babylon Gardens.
...And this furthers his plan to escape his punishment and retake his mortal form sooner how?
fenrirblack wrote:You know Kix will find out about all this. It might take years but I find it hard to believe that she won’t eventually find out the truth about a Kitsune and the Kits. Remember she’s still the real victim. She’s just being used to punish Dragon and Pete and now Kitsune is “pretending” to help her “raise” them. Fur farms are the least of her problems.
At what point would she stop being the victim and instead be considered fortunate that as a single mom she got literal divine intervention to help her with her children, unless you mean to say GK offed her mate so he could take his place to get a better vantage point to monitor Dragon and Pete?
It's all matter of perspective and mind set. How one views something differs. :|
My mind is a complex labyrinth that is impossible to explain or understand.
To put it simply, I don't see Pete and Dragon as Kix's children. Biologically yes. Technically, yes. But not really.
Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
That’s up for Rick to decide. Historically Gods have been known to reproduce as well as other celestial beings. Whether or not that is something Rick wants to do is questionable. But I would say yes because of the fact that, I’m sure there are other people who know more about this than me, if I remember correctly the gods are supposed to use the Game as training for fighting demons so theoretically they would have some kind of parent figure somewhere in heaven. Their ability to breed with mortals is still unknown since we have no confirmation.
The Game doesn't seem intended for training to fight archdemons so much as to have fun fighting archdemons. In fact, it's so far out of mainstream it's considered dorky.
I was counting on you to better explain the situation. ;)
And again the Game was never explained well especially when it came to its actual purpose other than for immortals to have something to do.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

fenrirblack wrote:And again the Game was never explained well especially when it came to its actual purpose other than for immortals to have something to do.
Rather, it was clearly explained that it's purpose was simply to be a game for Celestials to play, and a bunch of people kept deciding that there had to be more for some reason ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because far be it from Celestials to get bored once in a while with nothing to do.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Because far be it from Celestials to get bored once in a while with nothing to do.
I mean... they have options theoretically, Cerbreus has a job helping the dead transition into heaven I think after all, no reason the others couldn’t do more than U&U with their literally infinite time.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We were introduced to "The Game" back in the black-and-white strips when it was treated as kind of an "I know something you don't know" tease between the dogs and cats, then took on cosmic dimensions once Pete showed up.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:We were introduced to "The Game" back in the black-and-white strips when it was treated as kind of an "I know something you don't know" tease between the dogs and cats, then took on cosmic dimensions once Pete showed up.
Personally, I was fine with the early strips of The Game until the Heaven's Not Enough arc when I just got upset with the whole arc and...I already went through that spiel.
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote:We were introduced to "The Game" back in the black-and-white strips when it was treated as kind of an "I know something you don't know" tease between the dogs and cats, then took on cosmic dimensions once Pete showed up.
Those games are not related. "The Game" in the early strips was an ongoing internet meme that happened to be popular in our world around then. Nothing to do with Pete and the Dragon. Also, you just made me lose.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

That's Ok, here. :D

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Obbl wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:And again the Game was never explained well especially when it came to its actual purpose other than for immortals to have something to do.
Rather, it was clearly explained that it's purpose was simply to be a game for Celestials to play, and a bunch of people kept deciding that there had to be more for some reason ;)
Amazingly, most celestial problems can be whittled down to a bunch of larpers playing on private property.
Gameb18oy wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Because far be it from Celestials to get bored once in a while with nothing to do.
I mean... they have options theoretically, Cerbreus has a job helping the dead transition into heaven I think after all, no reason the others couldn’t do more than U&U with their literally infinite time.
Then maybe U&U isn't the only thing they do. Great Kitsune seemed annoyed in his first appearance that Dragon and Pete summoned him so that implies he was doing something else at the time. Additionally, he was called in for Temple Crashers 2 so that means he is implied in at least some sense. The only time the cosmic nerds are on screen is when it's related to U&U; Cerberus is the only one to have a one-off of her doing her job. It's possible Pete and Dragon have jobs but they were never relevant. Remember, celestials experience time differently. "Hey boss, I'm not going to be in to work for a bit because I've been locked in a mortal body for a full lifetime" may qualify as just a sick day.
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorry, Argent, I wasn't "in" on the internet game at the time. Sorry about your loss, too - will the folks who won cut me in on a share of your failed bet? (I'm a pensioner, you know... ;) )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry but you can't use being old as an excuse to act anyway you want.

Unless you are the Cryptkeeper. Something you wanna tell us? :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You'll know when you know ... hehehehehehe hahhahahaHAHAHAHAH ..... !
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thanks, Argent ... I think ... or maybe I don't.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

TeflonCougar wrote:Wait.

Is Dragon there, but just off panel?

Kitsune says "Please kits, call me daddy." Not kit, not Craig, kits plural. Sure he could be speaking in general terms, like asking a single teen why kids are all out of control, but Dragon will be a kit as well now and unlikely to be too far from Kix's sight. But she's not immediately visible. Is she, as some have suggested, seeking out Peanut?

That could be funny seeing as how Peanut is still rather mellow. Dragon confesses who she is and he reacts in his subdued attitude.
Tarot and Sabrina are also there. I imagine they'd have 'words' and Tarot might think about flaying a Cub alive... but then decide not to, of course. (PG-13 y'know?)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Not happy "reunions" by any definition...