2018/12/21 - Radio Horseplay

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/12/21 - Radio Horseplay

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/12/21 - Radio Horseplay]
Title Text: Keene's apparently a bit heavier than he looks

See, this is why you don't rush things.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/12/21 - Radio Horseplay

Post by Saturn381 »

Lesson of the day, make sure you bring everything you need before you start on a mission.

Oh, and watch out for pain waves.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I had a feeling we would flip flop between the two of them. Mixing it up.

Didn’t think this through, you don’t say :roll:

Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Something about that second panel feels a bit... Off. When Mungo asking him if he's willing to sign off on his Statement, shouldn't he mean 'Affidavit TO that effect'?
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Duke’s enthusiasm is all we need
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Char89Charizard

Post by Char89Charizard »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:Something about that second panel feels a bit... Off. When Mungo asking him if he's willing to sign off on his Statement, shouldn't he mean 'Affidavit TO that effect'?
it could be a grammar error on Rick's part. Either that, or it was intentional to make Mungo feel stupid.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:Something about that second panel feels a bit... Off. When Mungo asking him if he's willing to sign off on his Statement, shouldn't he mean 'Affidavit TO that effect'?
Probably, but I didn't notice until you pointed it out.

So now the K9s are completely separated, in that huge building, with no way to contact each other or the outside? Seems like a masterful plan to me! :lol:

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Poor Mungo this entire incident was never about him or Keene or getting that money. The entire storyline of finding Keene so he could be fined for illegal parking a spa in the middle of the neighborhood never made sense. This has been for Fox's development and a bit of eye candy for the fans. Mungo deserves so much better. 8-)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

I'll freely admit I'm not an expert on legal matters, but I'm still having trouble with how Keene is the one who has to be legally pinned for this. It's not like Keene personally owns the Hot Springs company (unless he just bought it off-panel), and he paid for the truck to come out quite legally. If the trailer is illegally parked, wouldn't it be easier to just tell Keene to have it folded back up and moved off the road? Maybe give him a ticket too? Why go to all the trouble of an investigation and getting affidavits? Keene's right there, Mungo can just walk up and tell him.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

leinglo wrote:I'll freely admit I'm not an expert on legal matters, but I'm still having trouble with how Keene is the one who has to be legally pinned for this. It's not like Keene personally owns the Hot Springs company (unless he just bought it off-panel), and he paid for the truck to come out quite legally. If the trailer is illegally parked, wouldn't it be easier to just tell Keene to have it folded back up and moved off the road? Maybe give him a ticket too? Why go to all the trouble of an investigation and getting affidavits? Keene's right there, Mungo can just walk up and tell him.
If Ralph wasn't such a stick in the mud I would think this was all some prank on the team for a laugh or two. Maybe he has a Christmas party planned for them and needed them out of the way while he set it up. Or just needed them out of the way.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

The Keene on the board might not be a lookalike, but is it a doppelgänger or a pod person? Was that line supposed to be a jab at the fans for not being able to tell the ferrets apart? I feel like there should be a rule against telling a witness to say yes instead of explaining what you want them to do. Welp, now we know Duke is a masochist.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Now, I think, the gang’s all here,
Lana, Rock, and all the rest.
Mungo questions the Duke;
the worlds’ funniest little pest.
Keene, it seems, is in hot water,
launching himself into trouble.
Mungo, watching, prepares his score
and aims to burst his bubble.
A pity no radio means no help;
he’ll have to do it alone;
and still some frantic Ferret fun
just might change his stern tone.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
leinglo wrote:I'll freely admit I'm not an expert on legal matters, but I'm still having trouble with how Keene is the one who has to be legally pinned for this. It's not like Keene personally owns the Hot Springs company (unless he just bought it off-panel), and he paid for the truck to come out quite legally. If the trailer is illegally parked, wouldn't it be easier to just tell Keene to have it folded back up and moved off the road? Maybe give him a ticket too? Why go to all the trouble of an investigation and getting affidavits? Keene's right there, Mungo can just walk up and tell him.
If Ralph wasn't such a stick in the mud I would think this was all some prank on the team for a laugh or two. Maybe he has a Christmas party planned for them and needed them out of the way while he set it up. Or just needed them out of the way.
Let’s not forget secret idiot as this whole getting naked to sneak in plan was his idea, something tells me Sasha was lucky that she didn’t get the head of the K-9 unit assigned to directly investigate the attempt on Keene’s life. Also, how hot is this water if the first thing everyone mentions about it is how much it hurts?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I thought it was odd that in the last Mungo strip there was steam on the pool. I assumed it was just a normal pool but it must be as hot as the rest of the bathes in this place. According to the internet roughly 100 degrees.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I noticed the steam, I would question why anyone would dive into hot water, but this is a thing, so why not the opposite? People are crazy.
D-Rock wrote:Title Text: Keene's apparently a bit heavier than he looks
It's probably all that pizza. :P

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"You can't intimidate me; I know my rights which are absolutely none!" J. Possum.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

I'm so glad Mungo is a regular character :)
I'll never stop saying it.

I have two questions though:
1) I know what "affidavit" means, but what does "sign an affidavit do that effect" mean?
2) Mungo says "think this sting through" instead of "think this thing through". Why?
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Bandit1990 wrote:So now the K9s are completely separated, in that huge building, with no way to contact each other or the outside? Seems like a masterful plan to me! :lol:
Everyone is separated?
No way of communication?
Kevin was right.

Now we need a power outage and a monster or at least someone who does look like a monster and it turns out it was someone entirely else and it was just a big misunderstanding :lol:
Argent

Post by Argent »

leinglo wrote:I'll freely admit I'm not an expert on legal matters, but I'm still having trouble with how Keene is the one who has to be legally pinned for this.
Plus, it's a matter of half a day in traffic court a month from now and a $100 fine.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Soerix wrote:I have two questions though:
1) I know what "affidavit" means, but what does "sign an affidavit do that effect" mean?
2) Mungo says "think this sting through" instead of "think this thing through". Why?
The first is a typo: "sign an affidavit to that effect". The second is correct; this is a sting operation
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Obbl wrote:
The first is a typo: "sign an affidavit to that effect". The second is correct; this is a sting operation
As for "sign an affadavit to that effect", Mungo essentially means making a sworn statement to be used as evidence against Keene.

Personally, I think that's a bit over the top. This seems like it's supposed to be, essentially, a traffic violation.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

considering mungo is by default a bit over the top, not a big surprise.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, speaking of characters a long time not seen - which no one did - maybe Mr. London the lawyer will soon have a new appearance..... ;)
Last edited by NHWestoN on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Mungo is Robocop/dog when it comes to the law. Everyone in the building is accountable. Get the legality to do what must be done or there will be... trouble.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Well, speaking of characters a long time not seen - which no one did - maybe Mr. London the lawyer will soon have a new appearance..... ;)
I would love an animal lawyer, once the coin appears again, we’re gonna have a guessing game on who will turn into what
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So apparently the new trend when it comes to spas is submerging yourself in scalding hot water that has the possibility of leaving burns and cooking you. That is, a little bit unsettling... :?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Duke is always so cute. :) Probably was him who was applauding at his brother. Eheh, his innocence confessed the misdeed, and you, big bad dog, are using it at your advantage... :| Fortunately, you missed to bring the important stuff, and I agree with you. :P The pain wave, yay! :D It'll make Mungo's bathrobe wet and will force him to remove it. :P After that, without any shyness, reach the other components of the K9 team and bring them in that zone of the spa. ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Macsen wrote:
Obbl wrote:
As for "sign an affadavit to that effect", Mungo essentially means making a sworn statement to be used as evidence against Keene.

Personally, I think that's a bit over the top. This seems like it's supposed to be, essentially, a traffic violation.
Never stop learning something new.
Anyone else find it odd that Mungo tried calling HQ instead of the team or Ralph? Who calls the police department HQ? Does he think he's a spy? And how it is that Mungo is the most confident of all the officers? He's the only one who can actually do this job. He needs his own cop show, NCIS: K9. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, Mungo's amiability disguises a no-nonsense, by-the-book professionalism. Neck, couldn't you almost hear that snap click when he smiled in Fox's face and then collared our hapless husky. Sometimes, Mungo is a bit chilling. But he's clearly shown in this saga that, unlike his colleagues, he is unswerving in the mission.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

fenrirblack wrote:Anyone else find it odd that Mungo tried calling HQ instead of the team or Ralph? Who calls the police department HQ? Does he think he's a spy? And how it is that Mungo is the most confident of all the officers? He's the only one who can actually do this job. He needs his own cop show, NCIS: K9. :D
I mean, mostly people talk to dispatch on the radio

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Mungo: Dispatch, this is Officer Mungo reporting in. I have located the suspect and have written affirmation of wrongdoing.
Dispatch: Um, what are you talking about?
Mungo: I have found Keene Milton.
Dispatch: Who?
Mungo: The ferret who illegally parked a spa on a civilian road. The same ferret that the K9 Unit was sent to apprehend.
Dispatch: Hold on.... Um, Officer we have no record of assigning any officers to deal with a civilian incident involving a spa.
Mungo: What are you saying? Sergeant Ralph told us that we were to find Keene Milton and fine him for illegally parking a spa.
Dispatch: There is no record of this. Why would the department waste time and resources sending the entire K9 unit for a traffic violation.
Mungo: What are you saying?"
Dispatch: Sergeant Ralph doesn't work for this department anymore. He died over ten years ago.
*Insert Twilight Zone music

If you couldn't tell, I'm super bored. :)
I know a lot of this is inaccurate which is why I don't write crime dramas or mystery novels.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually since you brought it up, instead of finding Keene to fine him personally, why don't they just send him a ticket and if he doesn't pay it then have him arrested? I think that would be a lot more easier, but then we wouldn't get an arc about it.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Actually since you brought it up, instead of finding Keene to fine him personally, why don't they just send him a ticket and if he doesn't pay it then have him arrested? I think that would be a lot more easier, but then we wouldn't get an arc about it.
Because this arc is mildly suggesting Ralph isn't very good at his job, but his boys respect their authority too much to question his decisions (for now)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Mildly? He's obsessing over a mild traffic violation. I would say that he might be worse than his job than his realizes.

Then again, this arc is making ALL of them look like complete idiots.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Mildly? He's obsessing over a mild traffic violation. I would say that he might be worse than his job than his realizes.

Except Mungo, and while Fox might be being stupid... my word if you don't feel sorry for him... You know the next fox strip is gonna come up christmas eve, so I hope its not gonna be an unhappy ending for him
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The Keystone Cops ride again!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

This is why you microchip your pet officers. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Mildly? He's obsessing over a mild traffic violation. I would say that he might be worse than his job than his realizes.

Well we know it is a HUGE truck blocking the streets, no matter if is bigger on the inside or not.
I mean look how huge that thing is and it DOES block an entire street.
Sabrina for one did compaing about it in the beginning.
Also Ralph was told to go to Keene about it.

So I really don't guess how this is supposed to be a 'mild' violation :|
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Oh, and there's probably public nuisance violations, trespassing, interference with traffic, creating a fire hazard, gotta be something environmental, operating an entertainment without a license, one or two HAZMAT violations, water sanitation and outflow regulations, waste distribution, and the old we-do-not-like-the-Milton- ferrets misdemeanors.

"The City is Broke!
The Judge wants a Raise!
You don't have a Chance!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think it's that people don't like them its just that they are annoyed at their antics and how they tend to disturb the whole neighborhood. Their father was responsible for building a pet friendly neighborhood for pets and their parents to live in after all.