2018/12/05 - Steam Games

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
NHWestoN

Re: 2018/12/05 - Steam Games

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, Rex was evolving from the loutish muscle-headed Bino's bully boy we first met into a deeper, more sensitive comedic type ... then he pretty much vanished. So, even a cameo is appreciated from one of the founding cast members; maybe Rick will have some speaking parts for the big guy .... ;)

Because Kevin has definitely got the muscle-bound bozo schtick down pat !!!
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

I'm honestly getting a kick out of Peanut's stoic reaction in the final panel.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Yeah, Rex was evolving from the loutish muscle-headed Bino's bully boy we first met into a deeper, more sensitive comedic type ... then he pretty much vanished. So, even a cameo is appreciated from one of the founding cast members; maybe Rick will have some speaking parts for the big guy .... ;)

It actually took me by surprise when Rex stopped appearing as commonly. He never felt like a character that didn’t stand out... you know he actually would make a decent babysitter I bet if Bailey and King want to go on another date. He has experience with babies due to his mom having a human one, he knows how to cook so he could keep them behaved by promising treats if they behave themselves... and I don’t know why, but I suspect he’d probably end up making the house look a little nicer after they left. While I liked Grape and Peanut as babysitters, I’m surprised Rex wasn’t one of the interviewees for the job
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Amusingly, Tarot could be mistaken for a boy with her fur wet all like that, but i think it's very cute! :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I've wondered what became of Rex recently. We know from "Real Stories of the K9PD" that he's still in the club, but he's clearly not part of Bino's inner circle anymore. I think he left that around the same time Fox did, probably for similar reasons (that's conjecture on my part, but I'm fairly confident).

It's good to see him enjoying himself.

If Joey's around somewhere, I wonder if Lester and Dallas tagged along as well.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Ace, what did you do with Tarot??! :o
_____

I’m guessing that once the meds wear off, Peanut’s going to start freaking out about everything that transpired while he was medicated.

Peanut: “OH MY GOSH THERE WAS A SPA AND I WENT ON A DATE WITH TAROT AND DIDN’T NEED MY GAMES TO KEEP ME OCCUPIED OR MESS ANYTHING UP AND HAD FUN BUT NOT HOW I USUALLY DO! AND I DIDN’T WAKE YOU FROM YOUR NAP LIKE I USUALLY DO WHEN SOMETHING’S HAPPENING!”

Grape: ... Peanut, why don’t you get some more treats out of the medicine cabinet and let me get back to my nap?

Peanut: OKAY!!!
Bandit1990 wrote:If Joey's around somewhere, I wonder if Lester and Dallas tagged along as well.
Dallas would probably try to get some alone time with Grape (catch up after their encounter in the dungeon), to Max’s chagrin.
If Lester came, I’ll bet he’d be pointing out all the flaws in the Japanese decor compared to all his anime. :P
Meanwhile, Itsuki would be enjoying the nice taste of home.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I didn’t even think about Itsuki, it would be interesting to see what he thinks about all this.

Let’s get down to business. Kevin is there but where the the rest go? Kevin and Fox went off with Sasha who mysteriously is not seen. So one assumes they walked in, Kevin saw a pool of water and cannon balled while Fox stood there thinking “I could say something but this way I get to be alone with Sasha.” That would mean the next strip would most likely show them getting into the water, possibly asking about Keene since that’s why they’re there. The followingstrip will most likely show what Fido and Sabrina are up too. The pets probably split up and are in separate pools/rooms you know since it’s the super deluxe spa.
Someone start a checklist so we can start marking off who’s there and who is being left in the cold.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Douglas Collier wrote:Ace, what did you do with Tarot??! :o
_____

I’m guessing that once the meds wear off, Peanut’s going to start freaking out about everything that transpired while he was medicated.

Peanut: “OH MY GOSH THERE WAS A SPA AND I WENT ON A DATE WITH TAROT AND DIDN’T NEED MY GAMES TO KEEP ME OCCUPIED OR MESS ANYTHING UP AND HAD FUN BUT NOT HOW I USUALLY DO! AND I DIDN’T WAKE YOU FROM YOUR NAP LIKE I USUALLY DO WHEN SOMETHING’S HAPPENING!”

Grape: ... Peanut, why don’t you get some more treats out of the medicine cabinet and let me get back to my nap?

Peanut: OKAY!!!
Bandit1990 wrote:If Joey's around somewhere, I wonder if Lester and Dallas tagged along as well.
Dallas would probably try to get some alone time with Grape (catch up after their encounter in the dungeon), to Max’s chagrin.
If Lester came, I’ll bet he’d be pointing out all the flaws in the Japanese decor compared to all his anime. :P
Meanwhile, Itsuki would be enjoying the nice taste of home.
I love the unintentional suggestion that Itsuki would be hanging out around the nerds... to be fair, they honestly should at least be interested in hanging out with him though. They all like anime from what we can tell at this point. And while I don't think I'd enjoy much more of "chaos controlled" Peanut, I will admit if its not so much he seems like he's on catnip, I wouldn't mind this version of Peanut if its not to the extent he basically can't even react to things anymore emotionally
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Alexa, play Dogspacito
You know, because Kevin went too quickly
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm guessing Zach and Jess will show up, but how long until they call the spa his "holy grounds"? =P

Itsuki is someone i'm sure Rick wouldn't miss, but i'm also betting the roos will show up x3

On an amusing note, I wonder if Craig and Draig will show up, of course by their mother, Kix, just to mess with them =3
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GameBoy, while Grape and Peanut as babysitters was one of my favorites (as a "Grapenut", I loved the ending), you've still got a good point about Rex's homebody skills. And I'd like to see the big guy find a bigger role in the comic, not just the "Captain Cupcakes" bit that he seems frozen into. Maybe in a new "Imaginate". Would like to see some of his buddies break surface, too - especially Yeltsin. Yeltsin's urban sarcasm and abrasiveness adds a sardonic touch to the strip, matched only by Jessica's cynicism and Bino's caustic narcissism. Oh, and did I mention Daisy?

You know, Fen, your inventory idea is actually really smart - I'm beginning to think this comic is going to bring out most of the cast one way or another before it ends. "Cast of Hundred". Oh. I'd said that, too, didn't I?

I don't know about Dallas chumming with Grape (although that has vast comic possibilities), but putting Itsuki with the nerds could be really wild. Can't you see Lester
lecturing everyone on all things Japanese and Itsuki trying to gently correct him … or fuming over his ignorance … ? And, if Squeak is here, Joey's gotta be pretty close by? And Karishad? The Ferals? Kix and her Kits? The Celestials and the Infernals? Is this Rick's Christmas present to his fans?!

Oh, candy? Thanks, I don't usually, but … okay. From where? You got it from the Sandwiches' medicine cabinet. Odd place to keep sweets ……………… Okay ……………………… I'm done now...…. :)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eheh, that's really nice, there are more pets than expected, and the spa looks bigger than expected. :) It's being a real party. :D I see what Keene meant when he talked about friends, I'm glad for him. ;) There are all our lovely couples, and that's good for Peanut, Tarot is happy. :P Oh, Maxwell, I hope you don't exaggerate anymore with that thing. ;) But, Squeak, aren't your mice very good swimmers? Then, I know you like to have some suffocating pressure... Nevermind. :P Rex and one of the Bigglesworth's are so funny together. :D Meh, you usual Kevin, it's so evident that's hot water. :P
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:I'm guessing Zach and Jess will show up, but how long until they call the spa his "holy grounds"? =P

Itsuki is someone i'm sure Rick wouldn't miss, but i'm also betting the roos will show up x3

On an amusing note, I wonder if Craig and Draig will show up, of course by their mother, Kix, just to mess with them =3
I wonder why you figure the roos would show up when the humansona behind West of Heaven is the one calling the shots on how this comic goes :lol: That being said, now that Poncho has shown up at the zoo, I hope that Rick knows the moment the Roos show up, he can’t avoid at least talking briefly about the zoo, which is just gonna make us hungry for a proper zoo arc. I want to see the otters so help me Pete!
Gr8fulFox

Post by Gr8fulFox »

Frank wrote:Hmm, Peanut is not tagged. Suspicious
Peanut's not here, man.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Gr8fulFox wrote:
Peanut's not here, man.
... whoa, he’s right... is there a twist coming? If so... I’m calling that being Demon there... which would mean Tarot joins Peanut in the “I cheated on you but there were pretty good reasons for me to not realize I was” club
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Diction is certainly wooden and other-worldly …. alienating, you might say, but ……………. mmmmm?
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Nice to see Grape and Max, who are known to hate bath, enjoy this hot spring.
Gameb18oy wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Yeah, Rex was evolving from the loutish muscle-headed Bino's bully boy we first met into a deeper, more sensitive comedic type ... then he pretty much vanished. So, even a cameo is appreciated from one of the founding cast members; maybe Rick will have some speaking parts for the big guy .... ;)

It actually took me by surprise when Rex stopped appearing as commonly. He never felt like a character that didn’t stand out... you know he actually would make a decent babysitter I bet if Bailey and King want to go on another date. He has experience with babies due to his mom having a human one, he knows how to cook so he could keep them behaved by promising treats if they behave themselves... and I don’t know why, but I suspect he’d probably end up making the house look a little nicer after they left. While I liked Grape and Peanut as babysitters, I’m surprised Rex wasn’t one of the interviewees for the job
Like Peanut and Grape, Bailey and King probably didn't know this side of Rex and thought he's just a dumb bully; and that's assuming Lucretia, who was with Rex's family for the baby shower, didn't tell them about him.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Since the disastrous attempt by Fox, Yeltsin, Devo, Griswald, and Rex to get Sasha to return to Bino, the whole crew may have become loners. We did see Rex and a couple of the others back at the Good Ol' Dogs Club when Fox and Mungo were trying to track Sasha down later.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

The thing about Rex is that there was never a place for him in recent arcs. True he could have popped up for the babysitting thing, but like it's been pointed out he was/is too qualified so there wouldn't be a joke about it. There no point for him to be in the temple crashers and then after that we went straight into a wolf arc followed by halloween. He's another character that went by the wayside because of Temple Crashers. This would be a good chance to reestablish his character's existence in the HPU and actually see him do more than be background decor.
Gameb18oy wrote:
Gr8fulFox wrote:
Peanut's not here, man.
... whoa, he’s right... is there a twist coming? If so... I’m calling that being Demon there... which would mean Tarot joins Peanut in the “I cheated on you but there were pretty good reasons for me to not realize I was” club
Is anyone going to fix that? Or is it going to be one of those mistakes that just gets forgotten and ignored? They're in two panels so they need tags.
Gameb18oy wrote:
GameCobra wrote:I'm guessing Zach and Jess will show up, but how long until they call the spa his "holy grounds"? =P

I wonder why you figure the roos would show up when the humansona behind West of Heaven is the one calling the shots on how this comic goes :lol: That being said, now that Poncho has shown up at the zoo, I hope that Rick knows the moment the Roos show up, he can’t avoid at least talking briefly about the zoo, which is just gonna make us hungry for a proper zoo arc. I want to see the otters so help me Pete!
I can't imagine why the ferals or the Zoo animals would show up. One, why would they? Two, how would they know about the spa? Three, the ferals rarely get involved with the pets shenanigans because they have their own to contend with. Four, the zoo animals rarely ever leave the zoo and I mean rarely. I don't think the management wants their "employees" walking around suburbia unsupervised.
Now Gale showing up would be priceless. Her and Pueblo meeting everyone, I don't think my heart could take it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would just love for Gale to show up because she is the most robust animal and she was able to take down all the wolves in a one-on-one fight. Yass Queen!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote: I can't imagine why the ferals or the Zoo animals would show up. One, why would they? Two, how would they know about the spa? Three, the ferals rarely get involved with the pets shenanigans because they have their own to contend with. Four, the zoo animals rarely ever leave the zoo and I mean rarely. I don't think the management wants their "employees" walking around suburbia unsupervised.
Now Gale showing up would be priceless. Her and Pueblo meeting everyone, I don't think my heart could take it.
So I just came to say that Peanut got his name up so looks like that wasn’t intentional (almost wish it was) but Fenrir, I’m just gonna bring this up in my argument for the zoo animals 1. They had no trouble giving up Kari, and Poncho only has to work parttime, which suggests there might be others who can work parttime and some animals can just leave if they aren’t something like a tiger. 2. Don’t even try to tell me Bruce and Roosevelt weren’t forced into the Bailey Retrieval arc, I don’t think it even was told to us why they were there, they couldn’t even be tour guides since it was established they weren’t raised in Australia. If they didn’t need any explanation for why they were allowed on that adventure, why should the other zoo animals need it? 3. It’s the fanservice arc, I don’t think we’d mind a dumb explanation just so we can see less appreciated characters a bit more, that’s probably part of the reason Rex is in the background. Also unrelated but at least Jessica is almost guaranteed to show up
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote: 1. They had no trouble giving up Kari, and Poncho only has to work parttime, which suggests there might be others who can work parttime and some animals can just leave if they aren’t something like a tiger. 2. Don’t even try to tell me Bruce and Roosevelt weren’t forced into the Bailey Retrieval arc, I don’t think it even was told to us why they were there, they couldn’t even be tour guides since it was established they weren’t raised in Australia. If they didn’t need any explanation for why they were allowed on that adventure, why should the other zoo animals need it? 3. It’s the fanservice arc, I don’t think we’d mind a dumb explanation just so we can see less appreciated characters a bit more, that’s probably part of the reason Rex is in the background. Also unrelated but at least Jessica is almost guaranteed to show up
Kari was a very special case and we don't know the terms of his release. Poncho is an odd case because I don't think it's normal for a zoo animal to work part-time and he does have a home. Why would the other animals have homes outside the zoo? Does someone have a pet chimp that works at the zoo part-time? The tiger would be cool to see outside the zoo, that has nothing to do this, I'm just saying. Although a pet tiger working part time would be something to think about. There is a difference between randomly leaving the zoo and going on a vacation like the Roosevelt and Bruce did (I'm assuming it was a vacation/time off work for them). Why else would we have never seen zoo animals walking up and down the streets if they could leave whenever they want. Pet's can't even do that without leashes so zoo animals would be worse. Dumb explanation, I doubt we would get any explanation. They would be there in the background like Rex leaving us to wonder what is going on but never get an answer because it's "not relevant." It would be interesting to see how Jess handles such an extravagant luxury like a spa.
fenrirblack wrote:Is anyone going to fix that? Or is it going to be one of those mistakes that just gets forgotten and ignored? They're in two panels so they need tags.
Thank you.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

On rare occasions the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I honestly just want to see the zoo more often when we get at the heart of why I’m arguing this. So many named characters, and the only one Rick works with are the kangaroos. Lovely as Bruce and Roosevelt are, they don’t really have much to work with when they do appear aside from being gay boyfriends + hating and rejecting Australian stereotypes. I imagine if Rick would show us more than them we’d probably see more Arcs involving the zoo animals, and honestly, I’m curious about if Keene’s work would have any impact on them + the feral animals as well.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, Zach's kind of an interlocutor between the domestics and the ferals so who knows? (Maybe an enraged Bino returns with Bruno Bear, seeking revenge and mayhem!? ….. naawwww.) The "zoo crew" hasn't been featured even in one-offs for a long, long time.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

GameCobra wrote:Just occurred to me that Kevin is landing on Max's tail and lower half. Ouch! D:
To add credence to that, if you look in the background of the first two panels, the rocks and stuff line up meaning the only space between the scenes shown is the bar dividing the panels. If you look at the rocks behind Keven's left arm, you can see they match up with the rocks behind Max's tail in panel two.

It wouldn't make sense if the roos showed up because one of the amenities of "working" at the zoo is they get a pool heater.
Gameb18oy wrote:
Gr8fulFox wrote:
Peanut's not here, man.
First, Tarot wasn't tagged either. Does it still count as cheating on someone by going out with a fake version of them if you yourself aren't real? Secondly, the page has since been fixed to add in those two love puppies.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Well, Zach's kind of an interlocutor between the domestics and the ferals so who knows? (Maybe an enraged Bino returns with Bruno Bear, seeking revenge and mayhem!? ….. naawwww.) The "zoo crew" hasn't been featured even in one-offs for a long, long time.
I miss one-offs like that. I have to assume the otters are still stuck in a frozen lake considering we haven't seen them since... I should just be thankful they got more than one comic considering the tiger didn't get even that.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Champion Wallace wrote:It wouldn't make sense if the roos showed up because one of the amenities of "working" at the zoo is they get a pool heater
I'd hold out hope that everyone in the neighbourhood is suddenly flocking to this spa. Even if they had their own pools. But you could be right. x3
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:It wouldn't make sense if the roos showed up because one of the amenities of "working" at the zoo is they get a pool heater
I'd hold out hope that everyone in the neighbourhood is suddenly flocking to this spa. Even if they had their own pools. But you could be right. x3
Not that I want Fenrir to be right, but it’s not certain if the zoo is in the same town as Babylon Gardens
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

bjchan95 wrote:
MrBlueSky7 wrote:Wasn't expecting Tarot to be here, huh...

Is it me, or is Peanut acting more like Daisy?

Also, who's the Grey Hunk and Siamese Babe in the background?
That would be Rex and Mr Bigglesworth
Man, this keeps up, Bino will be the only non-cat-lover dog left in the story.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Silly Zealot wrote:
bjchan95 wrote:
MrBlueSky7 wrote:Wasn't expecting Tarot to be here, huh...

Is it me, or is Peanut acting more like Daisy?

Also, who's the Grey Hunk and Siamese Babe in the background?
That would be Rex and Mr Bigglesworth
Man, this keeps up, Bino will be the only non-cat-lover dog left in the story.
Sadly Fox is still kinda one, but it seems like he’s made efforts to better himself... also let’s be honest, Duchess is definitely another cat-hater
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Not that I want Fenrir to be right, but it’s not certain if the zoo is in the same town as Babylon Gardens
Odds are it is just because of the fact that the wolves walked there that one time. Poncho works there so it would have to be a fairly short commute. Grape and Peanut did say they were "regulars" so take that as you may.
Tiyos1017

Post by Tiyos1017 »

God I hope the Roos come back in this. Any strip with them in it is my favorite
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:I’m curious about if Keene’s work would have any impact on them + the feral animals as well.
That is a good question because the zoo animals exist in this gray area. They aren't pets and they aren't wild but they aren't your average everyday animal you see walking down the street. They are technically employed at the zoo so I guess the only things that would change would be the zoo's contract with them. They could opt to live in a home instead of having free room and board like they do now. It's one of those things that would take a lot of time to figure out all the variables.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Gr8fulFox wrote:Peanut's not here, man.
If that's what happens, I'll make sure to point you out as the guy who called it!
Gameb18oy wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Man, this keeps up, Bino will be the only non-cat-lover dog left in the story.
Sadly Fox is still kinda one, but it seems like he’s made efforts to better himself... also let’s be honest, Duchess is definitely another cat-hater
I was referring to him being the only one not in a relationship with a cat, but yeah, that also counts.

I mean, I myself don't let cats and dogs romance each in the real worl- err, I mean, here in the GALIFRAX dimension, so I know the feeling.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

Do you think Rick ever gets annoyed at people wondering if Peanut and Tarot are going to break up?
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
Argent

Post by Argent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I would just love for Gale to show up because she is the most robust animal and she was able to take down all the wolves in a one-on-one fight. Yass Queen!
My favorite dark horse is Bruno. But they already kicked Bino out so that's double-unlikely.
fenrirblack wrote:Kari was a very special case and we don't know the terms of his release.
I thought it was because they couldn't keep him in. And where was he getting those jumper cables?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Zanazoth

Post by Zanazoth »

I'm reading Peanut's lines while he's in this mode in the voice of "Friend Dog / Monica" from Game Grumps.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Actually, Argent, I'm still holding out for Bino returning with the bear and vengeful intent. Wanna see how that gambit backfires on him.

Bruno has probably just started hibernating so that's gonna be one cranky bruin!
Last edited by NHWestoN on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

I Wonder How Grape Is Going To React After Being Splashed?"