2018/11/05 - Heavenly Delights

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Champion Wallace

Re: 2018/11/05 - Heavenly Delights

Post by Champion Wallace »

Aimless wrote:Now, forgive me for asking such an old fashioned question, but Breel and Keene (or whatever their names are) are both male, correct? If so, it's nice to see non-heterosexual relationships treated so normally in media. If not, well, there's a whole lot of egg on my face right now, isint there?
Bruce and Roosevelt are also in a non-heterosexual relationship (both are jacks).
Cesco wrote:...PS: the top-left corner of the second panel is not colored.
It's not a mistake. The steam from the "food" Breel cooked is wafting into the top left corner. Both the steam in the main part of the panel and the top left corner are the same shade of off-white: #EEEEEE (aka 93% Lum).
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fen, your diagram reminds me of the socio-grams we used to do in an ancient high school Sociology course. It's actually very illuminating. You could complicate the chart with alliances, sympathies, but why turn things into a spider web.

Nice work.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think it would be best if Breel took a cooking class. I'm sure that might help.....somewhat.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Is anyone curious about what that dish actually was? I'm surprised no one's asked yet.
D-Rock wrote:
Argent wrote:If Sabrina still has that elevator, they can buy some ambrosia or locust-fruit or whatever in one of the other planes.
fenrirblack wrote:I never realized that’s an Okapi in that scene.
Particularly curious since ungulates are quadrupedal on Earth.
People can change form in Heaven. Maybe said okapi wanted to feel like being bipedal. Or maybe it's from a world where that's the norm? Maybe Heaven is open to all worlds.
All worlds would make since. We've seen some crazy creatures pop up in Heaven over the years. I don't think there has ever been any real indication or specific information about the "other worlds". Going on to the quadrupedal vs. bipedal thing, it's interesting because if you look EVERYONE is bipedal. The other thing to consider is that we have not seen an ungulate in the wild in years so maybe thing's changed. Honestly, I think it's the norm in heaven for everyone to be bipedal. I mean if you are going to partake in the "heavenly fruits" you need hands. (there's a joke in Kaerwyn that's super funny that reminds me of this)
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Hmmm"
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

the food didn't look too bad, I for one, am somebody who only throw out rotten food, everything eatable (even when not tasting good) will be eaten. Probably something I had from my childhood, where "beggars can't be chooser" thing was going on... even now (where my wealth is not a problem in any sort anymore), I still respect food as... food.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Don't forget the outsiders that aren't really part of a cluster like Itsuki and Terrance. And Bruce, Roosevelt, Tarmac, Gambit, and the Zoo Wolves.

Also, you left out Truck and Falstaff and Cory and Trinket. They would go in the Wild Things circle.

Really, Karishad gets his own Venn diagram.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Karishad's probably not so much a circle as a comet......
Last edited by NHWestoN on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Argent wrote:Don't forget the outsiders that aren't really part of a cluster like Itsuki and Terrance. And Bruce, Roosevelt, Tarmac, Gambit, and the Zoo Wolves.

Also, you left out Truck and Falstaff and Cory and Trinket. They would go in the Wild Things circle.

Really, Karishad gets his own Venn diagram.
I did forget about Cory and Trinket Falstaff and Truck.

The others are so tertiary that they didn’t seem necessary. I guess there could be a Zoo bubble if you wanted to get really specific.

I did think about Itsuki but since he exists in his own bubble I let it slide. He exists in the white space between the bubbles.

Karishad..........I had no idea where to put him.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Karishad messes with the rift of space and time. That is what he gets. XD
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

NHWestoN wrote:Gosh, he's become clairvoyant.
Not clairvoyant so much as predictable.
Jakkal wrote:the food didn't look too bad, I for one, am somebody who only throw out rotten food, everything eatable (even when not tasting good) will be eaten. Probably something I had from my childhood, where "beggars can't be chooser" thing was going on... even now (where my wealth is not a problem in any sort anymore), I still respect food as... food.
I didn't realize at first, but they're not just throwing food away, Breel is throwing away the plate and the dish too. They could be using paper plates (you can't really tell from the picture), but I didn't think you could buy single-use baking equipment.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

They make single use baking/roasting pans. They're basically preshaped, slightly thicker aluminum foil.

If Breele's concoctions are that regular an occurance it would make sense to use disposable cookware.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm wondering why Breel's face in the second panel looks kind of scared and unsure if he still gave it to Keene to eat.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm wondering why Breel's face in the second panel looks kind of scared and unsure if he still gave it to Keene to eat.
hes scared and unsure if he'll ever be able to satiate his desire to taste if heaven again or if he'll spend his mortal life unfulfilled.
he's pretty sure what he made is at least safe to eat.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well if it wasn't, we would be seeing Keene keel over in a few minutes. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmm, Breel goes through all the agonies of becoming mortal again in order to be with Keene in this world but, out of his longing for the lost delicacies of the Celestial realm, he prepares a heavenly dish cor his beloved. Instead of being transported, however, Keene expires. Now Keene's dead and Brill's alive - they've switched their spiritual states and become separated again because of Breel's nutritional nostalgia ... OH, THE IRONY !!

Amayzee, that's hilarious ;)
Regards.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wasn't trying to be hilarious but that really is something. XD