2018/11/02 - Where The Devil Is

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

Re: 2018/11/02 - Where The Devil Is

Post by D-Rock »

Well, Dia de los Muertos is a celebration of life and memory. And today is the last day of the celebration, so Rick had to take advantage. :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

You know it still bothers me that Mungo was sent. Is this how their society is now, animals handle animal emergencies and humans handle human ones? Fox and Mungo were sent to deal with Keene’s attempted murder then Fox investigated Sasha’s involvement but it was Ralph who solved the case of the attempted murder/evil obedience school, all these things were animals helping animals or solving animal related crimes. Plus remember it was the K-9 who were sent to investigate Jack’s “store”. And they were there at Jata’s wedding not any human cops. Like is society splitting so that the animals and humans live in two separate worlds that coexist in the same physical space? Oh my god, it’s just like that awful book I have to read for world lit! :o

“Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment seat;
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!”
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

That's an interesting theory, but allow me to offer some counter examples. At the end of Real Stories of the K9PD, Ralph uses a lot of ambiguous pronouns. It's not clear if K-9s did all the things he described or if it was a joint effort with human officers. Ralph would just be the one telling Fox and us because he is Fox's superior officer. In Jack of One Trade, despite being in uniform, Ralph and Kevin were there as costumers, not officers (that was the entire joke of the strip). In fact, preliminary transcripts indicate Rick planed on officer Bill giving Jack the ticket, but that scene was cut and the arc started after that. Back when the wolves were introduced, it was Bill that tried to arrest everyone, not a K-9. There weren't any human cops at Jata and Sabrina's wedding not because the populous is becoming speciesist, but because of Keene. The wolves were there because they were mansion security and the Miltons have an all wolf security because of the ECP. In addition to human cops dealing animal issues, the K-9s get called out on humans. Remember that arrest of that one criminal, what's his name, Joel Robinson.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

That strip with Jack makes so much more sense now. I never caught that.

Another thing that has been bothering me l, what breed is Mungo?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Probably a lab, not many other breeds are fully black and as big as him.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It can’t be a lab because the ears are wrong. The problem is that he would have to be an old breed that dates back to ancient Africa. I’ve looked up Egyptian breeds and the closest match is the Paraoh hound but it’s not quite right according to my research.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:Another thing that has been bothering me l, what breed is Mungo?
You're not the first one to ask.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I won’t be the last. I guess it’s one of those unknowable things. One day when this is all over we’re just going to sit somewhere and go “whaaaaat?” Like playing “Night in the Woods” you just don’t even know what you just did. This comic is kinda like that, more questions than answers and in the end you just say “well that was fun.” :roll:
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:It can’t be a lab because the ears are wrong. The problem is that he would have to be an old breed that dates back to ancient Africa. I’ve looked up Egyptian breeds and the closest match is the Paraoh hound but it’s not quite right according to my research.
I assumed he was mostly Pharaoh hound. Satau looked like one, but he's a few thousand years too early... he'd be one of the ancestral breeds that developed into the Pharaoh hound by the iron age. Mungo would be a throwback to his supposed ancestor.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mungo's resemblance to Satau has gotten a lot of comment over the years as has speculation that Res might have Ptah in his bloodlines. Maybe Ancestry.com could opine ........ ;)

or not......
Argent

Post by Argent »

After 7000 years, the odds are good that every dog is descended from Satau and every cat is descended from Ptah.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Argent wrote:After 7000 years, the odds are good that every dog is descended from Satau and every cat is descended from Ptah.
Not really, if they all were descended from them, we wouldn’t have wolves or pumas. I think the superpowers are honestly the biggest signs of Res and Mungo being descendants of Ptah and Satau respectively. I mean Res’s hat didn’t even do anything in the temple (it stayed a paper bag if you look back) so how else do you explain him being fine in there?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Related, yeah, descended, not so sure ...
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Argent wrote:After 7000 years, the odds are good that every dog is descended from Satau and every cat is descended from Ptah.
Not really, if they all were descended from them, we wouldn’t have wolves or pumas.
*facepalm*

Domesticated dogs and cats, if you want to be picky.

It's simple statistics. After 7000 years everyone's genes have spread everywhere.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Nah, his entire line of descendants had only one child at a time up until today.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I feel like we should all take one last moment to appreciate that Keene Milton, the ferret who inherited a multi-billion dollar enterprise, started a program that gives feral animals jobs, homes, and a better life, built a theme park, created an alliance with a foreign nation (eh), uncovered ancient secrets and faced down a evil demigod, helped stop a Battle of the Gods that would have possibly destroyed the world, sort of died then went to heaven and then came back, almost destroyed the world with divine magic power, went to the underworld and came back, unleashed unspeakable evil on the world, and convinced (however indirectly) his boyfriend to come back to life to be with him, doesn't know how to work or know the name of a fireplace.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Look, some things are just below the level of his attention, Fireplaces, Kitchen appliances, Honestly it's a good thing they don't have to do laundry. :P

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... guess he's just a "big picture" guy.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It's times like this I feel like Henry Milton should have just made Lana the sole heir.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey. Sometimes when one has to focus on the big stuff, they don't know how to do the little stuff.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:It's times like this I feel like Henry Milton should have just made Lana the sole heir.
Hey give Keene a little credit Fenrir, asides from his refusal to wear pants (like most pets who aren’t in halloween costumes) he wasn’t doing too bad on the business side of thing, and with the exception of one very childish member, I think all of the ferrets used their money to focus on their careers.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I don't know how well Mr. Milton had appraised the individual capabilities of the ferrets. If he'd been going for competence, he shoulda given it to Jeeves... ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:I don't know how well Mr. Milton had appraised the individual capabilities of the ferrets. If he'd been going for competence, he shoulda given it to Jeeves... ;)
To be fair, Keene picked up his dad’s dream after a bit of time and the show business trio (as I will call them as I forget everyone but Lana and Keene’s name) were more interested in just having flashy jobs when they picked stuff to do, the money was clearly meant to be used so he wouldn’t have to worry about their well being. Do think Mr. Milton had a mild idea on at least Keene’s traits though, his name is based on Captain N, and he was pretty clearly the leader of the ferrets.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do we know how much time passed between Mr. Milton's death and Keene wanting to follow the dream that he had to make all pets and humans equal?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

We know that some time passed. Keene said so himself when he was recruiting Miles for the ECP.

I'd post the strip but I'm on mobile right now.
Edit: Here it is

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So Keene decided just then after drinking all that orange soda to try to do something. He must have had an epiphany after the first few cans. LOL