2018/09/28 - The Final Blow

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/09/28 - The Final Blow

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/09/28 - The Final Blow]
Title Text: sorry you're gonna die and stuff

The problem is that no one talks.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/09/28 - The Final Blow

Post by Saturn381 »

And Gale now realizes her planes were all a waste.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

And everyone face palms.

You know I blame King for this. I bet he probably gave Miles that same speech about his childhood which only boosted Miles’s confidence. Plus it was his idea in the first place. After all these years you would think he would know when to shut up. Seriously how many times has his mouth gotten him into trouble.

Well on the bright side at least Gale looks like she’s moving into the neighborhood! :D which was something I’ve been wanting since Pueblo’s introduction.
On the down side it looks like my timeline just got smashed to dust. Oh well, not the first and it won’t be the last. ;)
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Well Gale, in my book you defeated all the wolves.

So... can we go home now?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Noo! How can we last the weekend with this? I remain forever optimistic that Gale became sufficiently less murdery in the last two panels for Miles to recover (how can Miles speak? Isn't the point of strangling they can't breath?). To anyone who guessed Gale would be integrated into the ECP: Ding Ding Ding! You win... er something. The prize was probably on the list in this alt text.
The cape comes with the promotion.
javaman112

Post by javaman112 »

This is what happens when you don't communicate at family reunions
yugijak

Post by yugijak »

I...I just...

So this whole thing is because she didn't think you could CHOOSE civilization?!

Or at least exacerbated.

How many animals don't know they can choose to go into civil life?

That said there's a lot that would cause issues. Population, feeding, trade, education, housing, whether clothing is a requirement...so many variables that will need to be addressed.
Attachments
ezgif.com-resize.gif
ezgif.com-resize.gif (217.65 KiB) Viewed 10341 times
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Noo! How can we last the weekend with this? I remain forever optimistic that Gale became sufficiently less murdery in the last two panels for Miles to recover (how can Miles speak? Isn't the point of strangling they can't breath?). To anyone who guessed Gale would be integrated into the ECP: Ding Ding Ding! You win... er something. The prize was probably on the list in this alt text.
I looked it up and apparently you can still talk while being strangled.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

One word.
It brings an end to her fury.
It brings an end to her rage.
It brings an option to the table.
It brings them to the same page.
It brings reason tol her actions
It brings her into his mind too.
It brings an end to disaster
It brings them out of the blue.
It brings the future with it.
It brings a way out of hurt.
It brings a new way of thinking.
It brings her out of the dirt.
That word is Hope.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Aside from the last two panels, this is a pretty dark part of the story.
Also did Gale never asked herself where the wolves vanished to?
I guess she did just assumed they went to another territory, but did she never wonder about that?
I'm sure Miles didn't told her anything, but it did looked like their relationship was pretty down after whatever happened so she wouldn't had listened to Miles anyway. Still did she never wonder, where the wolves went to or wondered how they got the tents and the other stuff? Did she just assumed they STOLE all that stuff? Did she never wondered why TAME dogs travelled with a pack of wolves?

I get it. I really get it. Something happend between her and the wolves which really hurt her, but she never considered "huh they have all that stuff, so where did they got that?"
I honestly would had thought she would be also angry at the wolves for NOT inviting her to come along living with them in the civilisation. Okay sure maybe they couldn't had brought her along, but it could had been more fuel for her anger.

Well it seems not only love makes you blind, but rage/anger too.

It is still a nice twist at the end.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You would think that Bailey, King, and their pups being with them in the campsite would have tipped her off that they went to live in human civilization and it was an option.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Aww, no more blue. I liked those piercing blue eyes.

Okay, is no one else concerned by the fact that the cubs are just standing there like statues and just apologizing. Shouldn't they, I don't know, be running or jumping or reacting in any way by the fact that their father is being choked to death? Don't just stand there, do something! Scream, cry, threaten her, or literally anything other than look like you just got caught going on a joyride in your parent's car. I feel like there should be tears.

Also, I think when Miles gets back home he needs to take some self-defense classes. I took one once that taught us how to break free from a strangle hold.

Could you imagine Pueblo in elementary school? He would be the most popular kid in class! All the other kids would be like "AWWWW!"
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

yugijak wrote:How many animals don't know they can choose to go into civil life?
Miles pack are supposed to be a trial of the ECP. Aside from King they really haven't addded any new members. Considering they're just now entering Phase 2, I think they wanted to demonstrate a success story before really advertising the option. (As for how you advertise to ferals, idk, ask Jess?)

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Champion Wallace

fenrirblack wrote:On the down side it looks like my timeline just got smashed to dust. Oh well, not the first and it won’t be the last. ;)
I was secretly hoping your timeline wasn't correct. This may be because I started reading during the middle-end of Temple Crashers 2, but I'm looking for a more shorter arc.
fenrirblack wrote:Aww, no more blue. I liked those piercing blue eyes.
Back when there were eye colors Mile's eyes weren't that blue. They were more grayer.
fenrirblack wrote:Okay, is no one else concerned by the fact that the cubs are just standing there like statues and just apologizing. Shouldn't they, I don't know, be running or jumping or reacting in any way by the fact that their father is being choked to death? Don't just stand there, do something! Scream, cry, threaten her, or literally anything other than look like you just got caught going on a joyride in your parent's car. I feel like there should be tears.
There likely isn't anything productive they can do. If they could've escaped before they would've done so already. After living in the wild the wolfs are probably more used to death. As someone in the movie Black Panther said, "A man who has not prepared his children for his own death has failed as a father."
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Literally everyone's reaction in Babylon Gardens.

HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

fenrirblack wrote:Okay, is no one else concerned by the fact that the cubs are just standing there like statues and just apologizing. Shouldn't they, I don't know, be running or jumping or reacting in any way by the fact that their father is being choked to death? Don't just stand there, do something! Scream, cry, threaten her, or literally anything other than look like you just got caught going on a joyride in your parent's car. I feel like there should be tears.
Maybe it's the shock or something, sometimes people just sit still during some situations.
fenrirblack wrote:Also, I think when Miles gets back home he needs to take some self-defense classes. I took one once that taught us how to break free from a strangle hold.
Miles himself admitted that he underestimated the whole situation. He did mention he could easily overpower Gale and I guess he thought this would be enough.
If he had asked the K9 for some lessons or tips, maybe they could had helped him. After all they were able to restrict the wolfpack once. if I remember right, he had some problems with Ralph.

Edit: So yeah, that is a legit good point.
fenrirblack wrote:Could you imagine Pueblo in elementary school? He would be the most popular kid in class! All the other kids would be like "AWWWW!"
No wonder, he is really cute :mrgreen:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

"Civilization is an option?"
As startling revelations go, you'd be surprised how often this one comes up.
Foxissagi

Post by Foxissagi »

Looks like Gale has finally snapped back into reality.
yugijak

Post by yugijak »

Oop there went gravity.

Get it cause she caused Miles to...ah nevermind
toxicfox1137

Post by toxicfox1137 »

Welcome to Babylon Gale!
" I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. "
~ Mewtwo (*☉౪ ⊙。)ノ
Dragon Furry

Post by Dragon Furry »

Well the Ferrets do need a new night guard so there is a job for her :mrgreen:
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

"Also sorry for not getting you killed"
North Star... Don't say it so nonchalantly, like it was nothing!!
And why don't you throw rocks at Gale's face to save your dad?? All of you, why don't you do something instead of just standing there and watching her trying to choke him to death?!

"Civilization is an option?!"
...... Gale...
You've been kidnapping wolves that are for the most part 100% innocent (except maybe the ones who wanted to eat Zach and attacked your son), all of them having nothing to do with your beef with Miles, and then you meant to kill Miles in front of his whole family to punish him, not caring at all about making his innocent wife and children suffer greatly, all because you didn't understand Miles' understandable change of mind after some of his family members died (namely his parents), and also because the thought that the wolves left your territory to live a better life in the city had never even crossed your mind?
Are you kidding me?!
You probably didn't pay attention to Miles talking about a car the last time you talked.
D-Rock wrote:
The problem is that no one talks.
Definitely.
But since Gale has been living in the wild, she's not the type to settle things with talks. If she was, that could've allowed Miles to tell her about living in the civilization.
Last edited by Soerix on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

Well, this seems to be coming to an end sooner than I thought. (Though, Other Daryl hasn't started singing, yet.)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Keep in mind that civilization in Housepets for wild animals doesn't exactly sound like rocket science to them.

I was actually wondering when they would eventually say it to Gale x3

Also, sad family speech from Miles is sad :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Frank

Post by Frank »

Yes Gale, ferrets in limos.... don't you read the Title text? Try to keep up, girl!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Argent

Post by Argent »

yugijak wrote:How many animals don't know they can choose to go into civil life?
Mostly they can't, though. Humans don't go "here you can stay at this house" they go "AAAAAAH A WOLF!" and run away.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

GameCobra wrote:Keep in mind that civilization in Housepets for wild animals doesn't exactly sound like rocket science to them.
If it doesn't sound like rocket science to them, then do you mean it's not complicated for them?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Rocket science is actually pretty simple. Ballistics and the rocket equation are most of it.

It's rocket engineering that's hard.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Finally the logic takes over/sinks in!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

"Civilization is an option?!

Maybe if you ASKED you would know
"It's not a good thing to be remembered, and the worst is I remember." - McTwisp
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Soerix wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Keep in mind that civilization in Housepets for wild animals doesn't exactly sound like rocket science to them.
If it doesn't sound like rocket science to them, then do you mean it's not complicated for them?
What i mean is it sounds like to the wild animals that the option to live amongst civilization is too much for them to comprehend since they were raised in the wild most likely.

thinking about it more, also: Mile's shouldn't put himself down so much. His naievity in trying to mingle with the humans actually got him to meet Keene. In most other circumstances, it would've ended bad, but Keene saved him. It's that push he made that mattered.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Uhm, it's not so clear how Gale succeeded to move that way apparently to the back, and it seemed that they were going to fall both in the pit... Eh, felines' physics. ;) :P Gale is so unpredictable and always dangerous (and awesome, must say this ;)). Poor Miles... :? Yeah, the wild is so dangerous, especially for you Miles, since you left old grudges in it... Aww, poor sons. :) Huh? You didn't know, Gale? Ah, yes, how couldn't, living there... :P Maybe you can't anymore be lucky as Miles, who found a rich ferret on his way, but there can be opportunity in the civilization also for you. :D
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:On the down side it looks like my timeline just got smashed to dust. Oh well, not the first and it won’t be the last. ;)
I was secretly hoping your timeline wasn't correct. This may be because I started reading during the middle-end of Temple Crashers 2, but I'm looking for a more shorter arc.
I started reading during the second strip of the temple crashers 2 epilogue and I too am looking for a shorter arc so wrapping this thing up next week would be very nice.
Champion Wallace wrote:
Back when there were eye colors Mile's eyes weren't that blue. They were more grayer.
I was referring to the this. In a strange way blue was an odd choice. I feel like it should have been red like Bailey's eyes if it was only to portray a strong emotion for that one scene.
Champion Wallace wrote:
There likely isn't anything productive they can do. If they could've escaped before they would've done so already. After living in the wild the wolfs are probably more used to death. As someone in the movie Black Panther said, "A man who has not prepared his children for his own death has failed as a father."
I still believe they could have easily escape at any time if they just stood on each other's shoulders or formed a pyramid. They can make a complex rope snare/net in five minutes but escaping a pit with eight wolves is beyond them?
I don't know about "used to death" I mean Miles has lived in the wild almost his entire life and he was ugly crying at the thought of losing his family. The cubs have lived mostly in civilization and although they are reckless with little disregard for fire safety and other kinds of safety they should still understand loss or emotion or feeling or vengeance or loyalty or anything (although North Star does look like he's about to cry so that's something). Like I said they all need to take some self-defense classes and some survival classes and emotional training and lets throw in some team building exercises as well. Clearly Miles has not prepared them for the wild. I still blame King but at least he was more prepared for this trip. Miles is like the cartoon character who throws out toilet paper before going on a camping trip because it is not "roughing it enough." The worse part is Lucretia was not helping with all her "they need a good roughing up now and then" talk.
I think the real problem is that they think they're real wolves instead of anthropomorphic wolves. I mean if you are smart and capable to use simple tools and technology then use them. In that regard they have a huge advantage over the humans. They have teeth, claws, and enhanced senses yet still have fingers and the ability to hold a weapon. In that regard Miles was fool to not bring any kind of item or gadget to help them hunt. Camping is already hard enough with modern amenities. No one said they should be glamping or anything.
Even if he wanted a more "roughing it" approach he should have taken the time to actually teach his pack the basics of camping and surviving in the wild instead of throwing them to...the forces of nature. After ten years of sitting on their tails, watching tv, and eating cheetos, he should have realized that they were vastly unprepared for this kind of experience. Gale or no they were not ready. They definitely weren't ready for an actual threat in the wild. Maybe its a good thing there wasn't a serial killer lurking in the woods like I suggested.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I read it as Miles was aware that the pack was not equipped to handle this trip. The whole point was to drive home that idea. Maybe 8 years ago they would have been fine, but now...

He said he underestimated the danger. I think what he expected to happen was that they would all come limping back to camp after a day of failed hunting, and just say "you were right, let's go home"

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

And also, part of Miles' hubris in this (as he is coming to realize) was his assumption that he was prepared to do this so that he could show the rest of the pack that they weren't, when in fact he was just as unprepared as the rest.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

“Listen with curiosity. Speak with honesty. Act with integrity. The greatest problem with communication is we don’t listen to understand. We listen to reply. When we listen with curiosity, we don’t listen with the intent to reply. We listen for what’s behind the words.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Champion Wallace

Dragon Furry wrote:Well the Ferrets do need a new night guard so there is a job for her :mrgreen:
The inciting incident for this arc was the wolfs were booted from security detail because it wasn't fulfilling the new objective of the ECP of showing the rest of the world (country, city, whatever) that animals are people too. Gale working for the ferrets could be a short term solution, but Lana would have to draft up what to do next, fast.
fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
I was referring to the this. In a strange way blue was an odd choice. I feel like it should have been red like Bailey's eyes if it was only to portray a strong emotion for that one scene.
I know you were referencing Miles's eyes in the previous strip. That was my convoluted way of saying while I was glad there was eye color, I was surprised that when it was brought back for one strip's close-up, they were a different color than back when eye colors were standard.