2018/07/18 - Arm Yourself With Knowledge

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/07/18 - Arm Yourself With Knowledge

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/07/18 - Arm Yourself With Knowledge]
Title Text: jack's jealous cause he can't ride a bike and do the turn signals

Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/07/18 - Arm Yourself With Knowledge

Post by Saturn381 »

Something tells me Gale and Pueblo are going to be the ones being hunted. :lol:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

D-Rock wrote: Title Text: jack's jealous cause he can't ride a bike and do the turn signals
he could do them left handed, he just has to ride his bike with no handlebars... no handlebars... no handlebars.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Wait wait wait, Jack is the one in command? Jack? This Jack? The one whose nickname is four finger discount ? That is... THE BEST IDEA EVER. I want to see him in charge
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

At least we know who's on this wacky adventure.

If Jack had two arms and a table I can see him with one elbow on it, head in paw, one eyebrow raised, and the other claw tapping the surface while going Hmmm Hmm.

We’re being stalked by a vicious predator so let’s split up and look for clues. Sounds like a good idea to me. What could possibly go wrong?

By the way, he said changing the subject, do you guys think any time has past since this chapter and the Temple Crashers. Technically, the temple crashers took place in the summer 2017 so its been a year since it ended but there is no confirmation that much time has past, HPU time wise. I ask because since Rick basically ended the first overarching storyline and has now started the second, I feel like between the two chapters would be a good time for a time skip. The temple is gone, Pete and Dragon are mortal, we have a new villain, new characters, the wolves are being developed and moving on with their lives, Keene is living with Breel in the neighborhood, other characters are living together, and all the other big storylines were finished like the "Game" and "King's Choice" along with any others (years ago yes). Rick wrapped everything up and is moving on with a more structured storyline so it makes since that this would take place in 2018 right?
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The trick is to hunt while riding a bicycle.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tiyos1017

Post by Tiyos1017 »

It's kind of nice seeing Jack in charge. That being said, this is Jack. I can't expect things to end well.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

They don’t know what’s out there,
or that push will come to shove,
as they set out to find their food
and Gale watches from above.
Miles decided to leave them to it?
He’s sitting this whole thing out?
He’s planned this to the detail.
He knows there’s a Cougar about.
He’s a Wolf as cunning as a Fox,
and I’m not talking about ol’ Jack.
Even as the scoundrel plans the hunt
he’s just working Miles' whole pack.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Have I been missing something; why is Ponch as short as the cubs?
fenrirblack wrote:...I feel like between the two chapters would be a good time for a time skip...
My guess would be Rick is going to avoid too many references to exact dates until enough time has passed it won't feel like a time jump. On the one hand Super Mario Oddessy came out during Temple Crashers 2, but this arc isn't too long after TC 2 because Keene appointed Lana, Lana declared the wolfs needed human jobs and Miles took them camping because of the rest of the pack's resistance (not that that sequence had to happen in real time, it's likely it tool less then six months).
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Do you think they’ll be taken out one strip at a time or each get their own individual strips where Gale attacks them while they’re backs are turned?

Champion Wallace wrote:Have I been missing something; why is Ponch as short as the cubs?).
He’s always been that short and the cubs have grown larger. If you compare the cubs to Jack then Poncho to Jack then you can tell.
Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:...I feel like between the two chapters would be a good time for a time skip...
My guess would be Rick is going to avoid too many references to exact dates until enough time has passed it won't feel like a time jump. On the one hand Super Mario Oddessy came out during Temple Crashers 2, but this arc isn't too long after TC 2 because Keene appointed Lana, Lana declared the wolfs needed human jobs and Miles took them camping because of the rest of the pack's resistance (not that that sequence had to happen in real time, it's likely it tool less then six months).
If Rockstar was playing Skyrim (before moving to Odyssey) which came out Nov 17, then we know this is taking place between late Nov and Early June. The weather is tricky because it’s not winter but it still could be fall still. (I don’t live in the Midwest so I don’t know what weather is like there.) But if the cubs got acceptance letters for school and Miles got his diploma then summer would be the best option unless the cubs would start school in Jan and Miles Graduated earlier than May. I don’t know enough about online degrees to know for sure. It would make more sense (for Ricks sake and practically) for the cubs to start school in the fall. They would not receive acceptance letters too early because the school would still be taking applications into April. Taking the facts we can guess that this is taking place in the summer 2018 or at the very least late Spring like May.

This is why they should’ve been playing Crash or Aces.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
jonas

Post by jonas »

I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm sure Jack'll lend a hand if one of them gets stumped by a problem.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

jonas wrote:I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm sure Jack'll lend a hand if one of them gets stumped by a problem.
<Scritches Jonas' avatar behind the ears to reward the triple pun>
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm going to bet that everyone fails in hilarious ways
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

And then they find Bruno.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

So the wolf who tried to hunt off King's barbecue is the one in charge of the hunting lecture?
Frank

Post by Frank »

TeflonCougar wrote:So the wolf who tried to hunt off King's barbecue is the one in charge of the hunting lecture?
He's in charge of a lot of things
Especially when nobody's looking
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The last time Jack was in charge of anything, he recruited the temple crasher crews.....aaaaand we know how that went. The wolves are likely unaware they're been stalked ("awareness" does not seem to be an abiding trait of these critters). Also assume pets are home-schooled in BGardens. But what do I know....
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

ANNNNNNND Daryl Hat Is A Big Fat CHICKEN :lol:"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Actually, hunting is EXACTLY like riding a bicycle."
Champion Wallace wrote:Have I been missing something; why is Ponch as short as the cubs?
You have it backwards. The cubs are now as tall as Poncho.

Also, when you call him Ponch I think you're talking about Kit's dog in the Young Wizards series. Who is absolutely awesome. He accidentally created a dimension full of squirrels to chase. Wizards pets are weird.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It's time once again for the "The Zoology Funtime Hour or So!" with your host, Fenrir the Wolf.

Today we're going to talk about my speciality, wolves. How do wolves hunt?

It is during a hunt where co-operation between wolves within a pack is most apparent. A wolf pack may trail a herd of elk, caribou or other large prey for days before making its move. During this time, they are already hunting, assessing the herd, looking for an animal that displays any sign of weakness, and this is just the beginning. Wolves must also factor in other conditions that will affect the hunt; weather and terrain can tip the scales in favor of predator or prey.

Wolves are opportunists. They test their prey, sensing any weakness or vulnerability through visual cues and even through hearing and scent. Contrary to ambush predators that rely on the element of surprise and a short and intense burst of energy to secure their prey, wolves are endurance or coursing predators. They chase their prey, often over longer distances, sometimes even a few miles, in order to find the right animal or opportunity. On the hunt, wolves work together with certain individuals typically carrying out their specific role in the hunt, often based on age, gender and social standing.

Each of the other pack members contributes according to its particular experience and ability. Speedy, lightly built females often take on herding roles, darting back and forth in front of prey, causing confusion and preventing escape. Slower but more powerful males are able to take down a large animal more aggressively and quickly.

While wolves will eat hares and other small prey, their preferred targets are ungulates, large hoofed animals such as deer and elk. Individual packs will specialize in hunting specific prey species. While most often that is elk, caribou, deer and moose, it can also be bison, muskoxen, Dall sheep or even salmon.

If it can, one of the stronger wolves will seize the prey by the nose and hold on tight, helping to bring about a more expeditious end, but the animal can still take many minutes before it succumbs. Equipped only with feet for running and jaws for biting, wolves make the best of their limitations. A wolf pack’s ferocity and apparent brutality is really a defensive measure. It is not rare for a wolf to be seriously injured by flailing hooves and slashing antlers. A well-placed kick could break a wolf’s jaw, rendering it unable to feed itself. It is much safer to harass the prey and let it tire out before moving in close.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Wolves and pre-technological humans have remarkably similar hunting techniques. Which is why wolves and humans domesticated each other something like five times as early as the next animals.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Frank

Post by Frank »

TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN wrote:ANNNNNNND Daryl Hat Is A Big Fat CHICKEN :lol:"
Not a chicken, a coward. Remember Temple Crashers? (can't find the specific comic right now)
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

And hunting will be! But, seems like you must need help from others, Jack. :P A prey for an entire week sounds something hard to do, good luck. ;) Ok, Daryl, but I think it was meant more to the younger wolves, who never experienced the wild life before. :) Oh, that has been an unfortunate example to tell Jack, Daryl... :P
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Frank wrote:
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN wrote:ANNNNNNND Daryl Hat Is A Big Fat CHICKEN :lol:"
Not a chicken, a coward. Remember Temple Crashers? (can't find the specific comic right now)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder what's become of Rodney, Snow, and their cubs?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I feel like it was implied once that they come and go, but I don't have anything to substantiate that.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:Wonder what's become of Rodney, Snow, and their cubs?
Bandit1990 wrote:I feel like it was implied once that they come and go, but I don't have anything to substantiate that.
We haven't seen them since the puppies were born. I guess they're such tertiary characters that they just disappeared like sand through the hourglass. Lost to the mists of time.

I have bee curious about that myself. With the guys camping that leaves the wives alone for the week. No cubs. No husbands. What do you think they're doing?
Champion Wallace

Bandit1990 wrote:I feel like it was implied once that they come and go, but I don't have anything to substantiate that.
(Dec 05, 2011)
rickgriffin wrote:...Miles and his immediate family live in the house all the time, and Daryl does most of the time; the rest of the family sorta goes in and out for visitations. It's just going to be hard to draw ALL of them at once.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Yeah you don't necessarily need to go with anything I said in 2011, obviously since then I started writing them as living there p permanently
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
WhoBrokeMy4thWall

Post by WhoBrokeMy4thWall »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
D-Rock wrote: Title Text: jack's jealous cause he can't ride a bike and do the turn signals
he could do them left handed, he just has to ride his bike with no handlebars... no handlebars... no handlebars.
Can he also keep rhythm with no metronome?

Also, when this panel embodies the entire 2nd and 3rd verse of that song. 8-)
keene.jpg
keene.jpg (37.88 KiB) Viewed 7960 times

"Ekki-ekki-ekki-ekki-ptang. Zoom boing. Z'Nourrwringmm!" ~ The Knights who until recently said Ni
Champion Wallace

I guess this means Miles is going to go hungry for this excursion. A wolf hunt is very much a team effort and if Miles isn't helping them out then they aren't helping him out making it unreasonably difficult for him to catch and eat any big game for himself. In the wild, pack size is organically determined by how many wolfs a large ungulate feeds.