2018/05/04 - Give Up The Ghost

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
leinglo

Re: 2018/05/04 - Give Up The Ghost

Post by leinglo »

Wait a minute. I just thought of something. When Breel gets kidnapped by an infernal and dragged into hell, the celestials don't lift a finger to retrieve him. But when Breel is safely on Earth, happy with Keene, that's when they send Cerb in to haul Breel back?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

leinglo wrote:Wait a minute. I just thought of something. When Breel gets kidnapped by an infernal and dragged into hell, the celestials don't lift a finger to retrieve him. But when Breel is safely on Earth, happy with Keene, that's when they send Cerb in to haul Breel back?
Ya don't go back till the job is done. A portal was created and left open. The job wasn't done yet. :P
ImageImageImageImage
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...and, since Kitsune had pretty much foreseen what Res would do, the Celestials figured Breel and Keene would escape and direct intervention would not be necessary. Like Lienglo, though, I was very bothered by the apparent indifference of Heaven to the kidnapping of an "Angel" (Breel) and the enslavement of a not-yet-dead mortal (Keene).

I assumed, apparently incorrectly or prematurely, that Heaven and Pandemonium had some kind of rules between them governing the treatment of mortals. Since Eudoant called Keene "Living One" in trying to get him to return to his control, Pandemonium either has different "visitation" rules for mortals than Heaven or the deerish devil broke them. As an arc-alternative, a conference between Cerberus and Eudoant over Keene, The Forgotten, and the mana pool could have been a very different twist. (The two seem/may mirror each other's roles in their respective realms.)

.... and where does the little dino-demon fit into this cosmic choreography? Certainly, he didn't slip under the Great Kitsune's radar ... right? Right? So..... ?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Argent wrote:]There, I fixed the link.
Awww, thank you!
NHWestoN wrote:I assumed, apparently incorrectly or prematurely, that Heaven and Pandemonium had some kind of rules between them governing the treatment of mortals. Since Eudoant called Keene "Living One" in trying to get him to return to his control, Pandemonium either has different "visitation" rules for mortals than Heaven or the deerish devil broke them.
Maybe they do have an arrangement, maybe it's just on who gets what type of mortals, not what they do with them.
NHWestoN wrote:.... and where does the little dino-demon fit into this cosmic choreography? Certainly, he didn't slip under the Great Kitsune's radar ... right? Right? So..... ?
I get the feeling that critter, and the cursed animal coin, will return soon.

VERY soon.
mehehehe.
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Fri May 04, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

javaman112 wrote:officially my favorite couple
How dare you! Grapenut foreveeerrrrr! :lol:

And yeah with this small ark over i have a feeling that the new antagonists are going to be substantially less divine. That demon was brought over for a reason. Plot wise i mean. I also sort of have to wonder how these powers are going to work now. I mean we have seen several indications that they don't just go away. Just look at Satu.... i mean Mungo... that's lingered over generations.
Image Image
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Suddenly it becomes hilarious when you think about it, but Grape i'm sure doesn't understand how to take full advantage of a shower considering she only seen her human parents use it. Keene practically knows how they work.

Grape, hurry up and catch up with times.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rick's first "book", Housepets: Naked All the Time, shows Grape and Peanut preparing for shower. I have no idea how that speaks to your comment, Cobra, but thanks for bringing it to mind....

Hmmmm...kust hit one thousand posts. Neat.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

NHWestoN wrote:Rick's first "book", Housepets: Naked All the Time, shows Grape and Peanut preparing for shower. I have no idea how that speaks to your comment, Cobra, but thanks for bringing it to mind....

Hmmmm...kust hit one thousand posts. Neat.
I somehow had a different train of thought in that post, but how many pets get out of the shower these days and just kiss and wrap towels around one another? x3

King and Bailey come to mind also.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Keene and Breel really embody a kind of tenderness. Makes Cerb's looming intrusion all the more jarring...
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

Adoring Fan wrote:
javaman112 wrote:officially my favorite couple
How dare you! Grapenut foreveeerrrrr! :lol:
Personally I want to ship Kitsune and Cerberus. Just because Pete had been with her doesn’t mean she’s off-limits to other celestials. Plus I’m a fan of couples with the female bigger than the male, hence my love of Baileing. <3
Argent

Post by Argent »

Given GK's karaoke skills, Kitsune and Cerberus would be an instant barbershop quartet.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

NHWestoN wrote:.... and where does the little dino-demon fit into this cosmic choreography? Certainly, he didn't slip under the Great Kitsune's radar ... right? Right? So..... ?

You know, we never actually saw the demon make it out of the temple. He popped away, but it was still Pete's temple. He could have ended up in the cake parlor level or the glass maze. Everyone else, from camels to Celestials were accounted for. The demon could be caught somewhere in between in a void where the temple used to be. If so, he'd have been better off in Pandamonium.

Let's not forget that the angels and Celestials seem to be able to journey to the Earth plane, why then can the stronger of the demonic not do the same? Eudoant could still come and get the little curfew breaker back. He is, after all, under no obligation to uphold Keene's bargin
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The prospect of Eudoant coming to earth is both terrifying and logical, assuming that Infernals and Celestials share similar powers. If Cerberus collects up the Heaven bound, then perhaps Eudoant or some other devilish colleague gathers in those ordained to Pandemonium.

As to the fate of the dino-imp, Ted, you might be right ... we may know eventually because he's too good a character to waste. However, Rick might be a little tired of cosmic themes for a while. However, the little stinker does seem to be developing a fan base which might auger well for an earlier return. You could make a case that enthusiasm for Dallas played a role in his enhanced presence (along with the other nerds) in the latest arc.. Or not.

Regards.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

TeflonCougar wrote:

You know, we never actually saw the demon make it out of the temple. He popped away, but it was still Pete's temple. He could have ended up in the cake parlor level or the glass maze. Everyone else, from camels to Celestials were accounted for. The demon could be caught somewhere in between in a void where the temple used to be. If so, he'd have been better off in Pandamonium.

Let's not forget that the angels and Celestials seem to be able to journey to the Earth plane, why then can the stronger of the demonic not do the same? Eudoant could still come and get the little curfew breaker back. He is, after all, under no obligation to uphold Keene's bargin
"When the bad guy dies off-screen, he's not really dead unless you see the body. And half the time, not even then (Rich Burlew, Order of the Stick)". (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0793.html)
The cape comes with the promotion.
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

Ok this strip was just too cute <3 I wonder what will happen to Breel and Keene after this arc...
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

leinglo wrote:Wait a minute. I just thought of something. When Breel gets kidnapped by an infernal and dragged into hell, the celestials don't lift a finger to retrieve him. But when Breel is safely on Earth, happy with Keene, that's when they send Cerb in to haul Breel back?
I'm wondering if maybe she's not there for Breel.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, I don't think Breel could remain on earth without a mission or as a "casual tourist" .... soooooo what if Cerb's there for them BOTH ! Yikes....
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I've actually really liked the theory that Keene's second chance wasn't just heaven being generous and the whole point was keeping him alive until the temple event happened. Bahamut's plan and all that, and we knew Kitsune was already aware of the outcome. He technically cheated death afterall, I assume he'd have to go back at some point.
ImageImageImageImage
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

But nothing happened in the temple to kill him. Pandemonium was brutal, but it didn't appear to be lethal about it, that would defeat the point.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Bandit1990 wrote:But nothing happened in the temple to kill him. Pandemonium was brutal, but it didn't appear to be lethal about it, that would defeat the point.
It doesn't defeat the point, he was already supposed to die. Though I get what you mean. It'd make more sense if he died for real in the whole temple fiasco at the end, that way it'd be more like they just extended his time on Earth. But then again, they could just do it deathnote style and go "woops sudden heart attack!" or have him go inexplicably in his sleep. We'll know whats really up in 2 hours tho.
ImageImageImageImage