2018/02/21 - Imagine Sisyphus Happy

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Buster
Game Master

Re: 2018/02/21 - Imagine Sisyphus Happy

Post by Buster »

wait... am i seriously the only one who sees the current arc as an improvement over the previous one?

Seriously?

This one's actually going somwhere and has the cast working together for something that's not petty or dumb, not just infighting for infighting's sake!
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well...Um..to be truthful, .I've enjoyed it myself, Buster. A lot to resolve but that's part of its intrigue.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Rikunda wrote:Oh my... His first day of real work. Wait has it only been a day? Time runs differently there right? Like how Heaven was a lot slower than earth?
I thought heaven was faster. Wasn't King there for like 6 months?

Buster wrote:s actually going somwhere and has the cast working together for something that's not petty or dumb, not just infighting for infighting's sake!

Well i was dissapointed with how the last one ended. Not because keene didn't get his wish but because Tarot should have been made to learn a lesson. While i am a grapenut fan i always liked Tarot as a character until recently. Not because of peanut but because unlike all the other Housepets shes never really grown or developed as a character. Is she a mary sue? no, not by a long shot. She makes mistakes but never seems to grow or progress because of them. It just feels like it should be Tarot that is having to deal with helplessness at this point. Either due to being wrong and the mana not causing terrible effects or for other reasons.

After all technically this disaster is caused by her getting her way. The mana wasnt used by Keene or any mortal being. It was one of the angels that caused the problem because he couldn't deal with any form of rejection and, ironically, wasn't opposed to keene using the mana so long as it was done in an controlled way. We just need Something, anything ,to humble her a bit and make her grow as a character.
Image Image
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Adoring Fan wrote:We just need Something, anything ,to humble her a bit and make her grow as a character.
I don't know about growing as a character, but I have a feeling going head-to-head with the Forgotten when he isn't focused on someone else is gonna be humbling as hell.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ouch, that alt text. XP
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buster wrote:wait... am i seriously the only one who sees the current arc as an improvement over the previous one?

Seriously?

This one's actually going somwhere and has the cast working together for something that's not petty or dumb, not just infighting for infighting's sake!

I'm enjoying this arc as well..

but i'm a fan of Drama in the comic, over cute mindless fluff stuff
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Oh, cute's fun and often plays a role the drama. Our little dino-imp, for example, seems to be in transition from being sweet and funny to sinister. Rick's really good with playing ambiguity. Eudoant's snuggling with Keene is rather beguiling, too, but the ferret still wears his chains and the physical marks of his first day of "visitation."

...and there maybe something to Eudoant being female.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

part of me wonders if the imp is inspired by the fan speculation surrounding Salami...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Salami is always speculative which is why I don't eat it.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Not that salami west...
ugh...
why would FOOD be the inspiration for a character's personality?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Buster wrote:why would FOOD be the inspiration for a character's personality?
Bailey's sweet, Karishad's cheesy, Kevin's beefy, Duchess is spicy, ...
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

:evil:
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Dragon Furry wrote:So all dogs can go to heaven. But not all pets?

I am kinda confused why there is a hell in this universes that takes in animals. It kinda seemed that, in the arc with King, that all animals gets into heaven. But then now...@.@
It didn't say that all animals go to Heaven; just that admission is a lot more lenient for animals than for humans.
Saturn381 wrote:Ugh... I swear every time Rick something serious, people are will go "HOUSEPETS WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE SERIOUS!!! HOUSEPETS WAS MEANT TO BE CUTE AND FUNNY!!!!!" and I'm getting sick of it. Like seriously people, we can stop getting paranoid for one second?!
Most of us are furries, so... *shakes head* no.
jonas wrote:Hey, look on the bright side, maybe Keene will come out of this all RIPPED and with a whole bunch of new skills. x)
"Kari...I know Kung Fu..."
Buster wrote:Not that salami west...
ugh...
why would FOOD be the inspiration for a character's personality?
Maybe, instead of complaining about someone (possibly) misunderstanding you, you could explain who or what "Salami" is in this case?
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just to be clear, Salami is the fan nickname a few of us have to the kobolds seen several strips back.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I have two ideas about how it seems time flows differently in the celestial realms then in the mortal realm. First, there is The Order of the Stick's explanation that in heaven the phrase 'time flies when you're having fun’ is taken to the extreme. In Pandemonium it could be the reverse where a day feels like years. Remember, eternity’s only as long as you make it! My other idea I see normally applied to film, but the concept is still the same. Without spitscreens, it’s not possible to show two things happening at the same time. Screenwriters get around this by cutting between the two locations. The thing is, there is no guarantee that the two events are happening in parallel with no offset or there is the same amount of time spent on each scene. It might take a week to drain the mana pool but we’re not seeing that because it would’d be as interesting as Breel’s breakout.
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Graduate school?