Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
2017/10/18 - Learning Experience Points 

Post 2017/10/18 - Learning Experience Points
[2017/10/18 - Learning Experience Points]
Title Text: well now I know, the important thing is that wasn't the important thing

It is a lot faster when your companions aren't blundering into every hazard, Derkeethus.

Sorry, had Skyrim flashbacks.

Icon by Krytus the Dreamer.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: 2017/10/18 - Learning Experience Points
Hey now, she had to cheat to solve the puzzle. She may not have any way to cheat her way through the next one! It might be something only a NINJA could accomplish!

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 am

Well... I suppose those are good arguments... Keep on learning Max ! Just... don't die

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:06 am

Well Grape, Res, and Tarot do have a good point Max. :P

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 am

Well, at least Grape is not alle with a waking up Peanut. He surely waked up the other two aswell

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

Grape understands what’s at stake
and can take an insult for the world’s sake.
It doesn’t mean it was easy to take
and now she has her party to shake.
Max keeps learning the wrong lesson
as though being right is out of fashion
and you can be correct if showing passion
and you don’t have a safety to crash on.
Res has his new advisor hero set up
for his next books, of kit and pup,
It may even be a Pom in close up
but I bet it’ll need weretiger backup...

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:25 am

Xane Wrote:
Hey now, she had to cheat to solve the puzzle. She may not have any way to cheat her way through the next one! It might be something only a NINJA could accomplish!

She didn't cheat, she had a party member who happened to have a power that could bypass the puzzle. The same thing would happen in, say, a game of D&D. Solving a puzzle isn't the only way to get past it.

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:34 am

Naro Rivers Wrote:
She didn't cheat, she had a party member who happened to have a power that could bypass the puzzle. The same thing would happen in, say, a game of D&D. Solving a puzzle isn't the only way to get past it.

True. Another example is the Soldier and Demo from TF2, both whom have the ability to 'Rocket Jump' and 'Sticky Jump' respectively to avoid hazards or get around. It's not really cheating in their case either.

However, I remember one of my previous comments on this, about how Team Sandwich have been dragging themselves down because they Lack two things: Teamwork, and a Balanced Team. A Close Quarters Tank and Two Close Quarters DPS-ers plus one Classless bogged it down, and as shown with the Kobolds, they could have taken them down easily even with only Grape, Max and Res.

...But instead, the latter two left the Former to Flounder. Peanut has an excuse since he's not got any current powers, and could only help at that moment in time by reminding Grape that she is a Ninja. He also has a good reason to hold off picking what exactly he becomes, since he has to chose wisely, as the Power-Up is likely permanent while he's in the temple, and he said he'd be a medic/healer, something their group is missing since two of their classes are better used as Solo Players, since Ninja rely on sneaking around foes and taking them out one by one, while Weretigers are damage sponges who dish out just as much damage as they take.

HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:55 am

D-Rock Wrote:

It is a lot faster when your companions aren't blundering into every hazard, Derkeethus.

Hey, Derkeethus is cool! :x Go Argonians!! 8-)

Naro Rivers Wrote:

I agree!! Though Rick himself said it was "totally cheating" in The Shards Thing Again.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:28 am

Naro Rivers Wrote:
Xane Wrote:

I have flown, or levitated around puzzles and obstacles before in AD&D and Role Master. It's not cheating if there's no rule against it.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:39 am

TeflonCougar Wrote:
I have flown, or levitated around puzzles and obstacles before in AD&D and Role Master. It's not cheating if there's no rule against it.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the world, Gary Gygax and the assorted creators of other tabletop RPGs are busy holding a conference as to whether to officially declare flying over an obstacle is considered cheating or not...

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:52 am

I dunno, i feel like today's comic is trying really hard to glaze over all the controversy that was brought up yesterday XD. That excuse seems half baked especially since its already been established that peanuts group beat them to the puzzle itself so each one obviously carries with it a different strength. I also sort of feel like the kitsune thing was a way of showing that he needed to remove that group from the game because they were going to win. Which could indicate that this game might actually be predetermined as to who wins.

Plus as Peanut has yet to choose a class which is obviously being done for story reasons. For all we know he could wright the word "Winner" on that paper bag XD (yes that's a joke).

Also, just as an unrelated question, is anyone else secretly hoping keene wins just so we can see him try and orchestrate his plan?

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:08 am

Adoring Fan Wrote:
I dunno, i feel like today's comic is trying really hard to glaze over all the controversy that was brought up yesterday XD. That excuse seems half baked especially since its already been established that peanuts group beat them to the puzzle itself so each one obviously carries with it a different strength. I also sort of feel like the kitsune thing was a way of showing that he needed to remove that group from the game because they were going to win. Which could indicate that this game might actually be predetermined as to who wins.

Plus as Peanut has yet to choose a class which is obviously being done for story reasons. For all we know he could wright the word "Winner" on that paper bag XD (yes that's a joke).

Also, just as an unrelated question, is anyone else secretly hoping keene wins just so we can see him try and orchestrate his plan?

Rick streamed this and the last comic on Sunday, so no worries there. =P

And no - i want the sandwiches to get there and go all Aladdin on that mana if possible. :3

Lastly, Grape is basically saying they are the new World of Warcraft players and Tarot just rode in with her max level characters to show you guys how to do the first dungeon. Max is just the stubborn guy in the group that won't quit =P

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:20 am

GameCobra Wrote:

And no - I want the sandwiches to get there and go all Aladdin on that mana if possible. :3

Lastly, Grape is basically saying they are the new World of Warcraft players and Tarot just rode in with her max level characters to show you guys how to do the first dungeon. Max is just the stubborn guy in the group that won't quit =P

Soooo... You're saying that Tarot's acting Arrogant? That's how many 'Max Level Players' act to Newbies. They basically show off to them, and then leave them behind without another word, expecting what little they did to "help" to go a long way.

And 'Go All Aladdin' how? There are multiple moments for Aladdin in the Original Movie. Is it the 'Never Had a Friend Like Me?' Or the "Prince Ali" moment? Or is it one I missed? I dunno.

Max being the Stubborn one? No Comment, considering I'm still rather sore with that Moment with the Kobolds, where two of the Empowered Trio just sat by and watch the other one get mauled, while the Unpowered one tried to help anyway he could in his current state... Like reminding Grape she has Smoke Bombs.

Maybe he should have reminded her about how Ninjas also carried Shuriken and Short Dagger-like Blades? Those would have helped better, but I'm getting carried away.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:42 am

John-056 Wrote:
GameCobra Wrote:

And no - I want the sandwiches to get there and go all Aladdin on that mana if possible. :3

Soooo... You're saying that Tarot's acting Arrogant? That's how many 'Max Level Players' act to Newbies. They basically show off to them, and then leave them behind without another word, expecting what little they did to "help" to go a long way.

And 'Go All Aladdin' how? There are multiple moments for Aladdin in the Original Movie. Is it the 'Never Had a Friend Like Me?' Or the "Prince Ali" moment? Or is it one I missed? I dunno.

Max being the Stubborn one? No Comment, considering I'm still rather sore with that Moment with the Kobolds, where two of the Empowered Trio just sat by and watch the other one get mauled, while the Unpowered one tried to help anyway he could in his current state... Like reminding Grape she has Smoke Bombs.

Maybe he should have reminded her about how Ninjas also carried Shuriken and Short Dagger-like Blades? Those would have helped better, but I'm getting carried away.

With the exception of Aladdin, Everything i said was basically a joke about how online games work.

The Aladdin thing was wishes. If they found out mana was like a genie's lamp it's not hard for Max and Res to get their buff wishes.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Maxwell, I think Tarot is only talking about Peanut, because he's her "hon". ;) But yeah, since he's in your team, she and her team left you all behind. Don't be dork as usual. :P You're learning? I don't think so. :roll: Tarot is indeed already experienced with the temple stuff. Grape is just saying the reality, I agree with her. :) So, what do you four want to do now? Retire? :P And Rufus? Is he still with you?

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm
Profile WWW

I doubt they'd retire. They've come too far to just give up. However, I wonder why exactly they're so bent on doing this... And why they need the Celestials in the first place?

I mean, Keene wants the Mana for his own nefarious purposes, Thomas wants the Gold in the temple, Peanut and Grape want to Help Res... And Maxwell wants the Money.

Tarot, on the other hand, may have Ulterior motives. She hid her lie extremely well back when she first met Peanut and Grape, and the only ones who knew, are us readers, and we're from an alternate Universe, at least to the Housepets! Universe, and the Celestials themselves. Fox and Mungo just tagged along, one because he doesn't know a flippin' thing, and the other because he's terrified of Tarot. Sabrina might know, however, or she only picked up the fact that 'Mana if abused can cause end of World' and that's it.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:08 am
Bringing Foxy Back

Their problem is having two ninjas. The Conservation of Ninjitsu Principle and all.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

Agreed, Sleet. I've pointed out that problem a while back in a few of my previous comments.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Sleet Wrote:
Their problem is having two ninjas. The Conservation of Ninjitsu Principle and all.

Doesn't Conservation of Ninjitsu only apply to villains?

I can't resist an interesting problem, If you take SPO, and interpret it as a 3 digit number written in Base-26, when converted back to decimal it equals 13,275.

Support Team Megabots in the Robot Duel!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:01 am

nope, ninjas in general. villains just run into it more often cause they use em as minions.

Epsilon - Steelhaven 10-10-5-2-5-5-5 (5-7)
Kobor - BOH 9-6-10-4-5-3-5 (6)
Talya - BOH 5-10-6-4-9-3-5 (6)
Kol - BOH 9-8-8-5-5-4-5 (4)
Characters

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:54 am

Where's "The Opener of Ways" when you really need him? Um...well...true...they got Ninjas. Did Tarot take her whole entourage? Grape drags Maxwell along - how'mack truck Sabrina never brings Fido? Oh, that's right, she's terrifying sometimes. Go ahead, I'll catch up....

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]