2017/10/16 - Love Letters

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2017/10/16 - Love Letters

Post by D-Rock »

[2017/10/16 - Love Letters]
Title Text: no

See, everything's fine, she signed it with X's and O's.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2017/10/16 - Love Letters

Post by Saturn381 »

Well at least she left a note.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I feel for ya Grape. I've been dropped from a party because I held them back too. You think you know someone until they pull something like this.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I mean ... yeah ... if the fate of the world depends on this... it's fine... I guess...
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

*Sigh* Tarot...

Once again her dream is sundered
by the one who loves her no less.
And the way it’s done is no fun
and who wrote the note? Guess.
The Pom pack has gone on ahead
and left the group in the lurch.
They terminated the alliance
and raced ahead to Pete’s church.
Did they leave them Max & Res
or did that pair not tag along?
And the question of now
just has to be ‘What’s going on?’
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Did they really just leave Grape and Peanut behind? They took Max, Fox, Res, everybody except Grape and Peanut? That's cold. Sure Grape got into that brawl with the kobold swarm, and Peanut fell through the floor, but...I'm sure the others would've tripped something too if Grape and Peanut hadn't been taking point.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I highly doubt that Max and Res would have agreed to go without Grape and Peanut. They're probably just off-panel.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

D-Rock wrote:See, everything's fine, she signed it with X's and O's.
They haunt him~
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Tarot better have lots of snuggles planned to make it up to that poor pup after this is over.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

I understand it's for saving the world...
But how are Peanut, Grape & co. slowing them down?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Soerix wrote:I understand it's for saving the world...
Yeh, I was wondering that, they got to the pit trap before Tarot so they're not exactly slouches.

I mean maybe Tarot waited until everyone else entered but with the fate of the world, etc, I can't imagine her not being first into the temple.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Frank

Post by Frank »

Oh Peanut, this is why we love you
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

THEY FELL ASLEEP!!!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
THEY FELL ASLEEP!!!
Then why not just wake them up? XD
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Wow.... If this right here isn't the biggest proof peanut should be with grape and not tarot i don't know what would be. She just abandoned him in a temple full of monsters and deadly traps which he already would have been killed by had it not been for her group. Perhaps Tarot is the new villian..
Image Image
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Behold, a dog in whom there is no guile."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well, that is kind of bizarrely mean. At least she wrote the X's and O's on it without those she would be downright terrible
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, wow. That was unexpected. I find it funny saying that also because when Tarot was introduced I felt if Tarot broke up with Peanut that this would be the in-character way to do it.

What surprises me though is that she may need their help later. Does she really consider them that much of a liability? And how are they getting out of the temple at this point?

On the bright side, Peanut - It's not a "breaking up with you to save the world" note. :D
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Poor Peanut, I have a sinking feeling that he and Tarot might break up.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Tarot has a history of prioritizing her work over her personal life (That's literally how she and Peanut met, after all.) It doesn't seem to have bothered him much before.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Bandit1990 wrote:Tarot has a history of prioritizing her work over her personal life (That's literally how she and Peanut met, after all.) It doesn't seem to have bothered him much before.
I know but Peanut is rather fragile and I wonder when it will start taking its toll on him.
Douglas Collier

CanzetYote wrote:
Bandit1990 wrote:Tarot has a history of prioritizing her work over her personal life (That's literally how she and Peanut met, after all.) It doesn't seem to have bothered him much before.
I know but Peanut is rather fragile and I wonder when it will start taking its toll on him.
He’s probably in denial. Eventually, if things don’t change, it would be in character for him to snap, like he did during that one imaginary arc when he was ditched and then told he was messing things up (huh, kinda similar to now where he’s being ditched and told he was slowing everyone down).

On top of that, Tarot always seems either angry at him when they’re interacting (for calling her normal http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... an-earful/, for not being more excited for her return after leaving him for months to fight a battle http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... ggity-jig/), or ambivalent about him (Rick even lampshaded that here: http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... -feelings/). I wonder if this arc is where Peanut is going to decide he’s not gonna take this anymore. He really doesn’t deserve to be treated like this.

At the least, getting blowback and realizing how rude she is to Peanut would be some good character development for Tarot.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Aww, poor Peanut. :| It's such a love letter, eh? :P But yeah, I can understand Tarot, it's being an important and delicate issue. ;) Sleepy Grape has been left there, too... Well, Grape: if Peanut is in a range of at least one hundred meters around you, your dreams are safe in no place! :P :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Douglas Collier wrote:
CanzetYote wrote:
He’s probably in denial. Eventually, if things don’t change, it would be in character for him to snap, like he did during that one imaginary arc when he was ditched and then told he was messing things up (huh, kinda similar to now where he’s being ditched and told he was slowing everyone down).

On top of that, Tarot always seems either angry at him when they’re interacting (for calling her normal http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... an-earful/, for not being more excited for her return after leaving him for months to fight a battle http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... ggity-jig/), or ambivalent about him (Rick even lampshaded that here: http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... -feelings/). I wonder if this arc is where Peanut is going to decide he’s not gonna take this anymore. He really doesn’t deserve to be treated like this.

At the least, getting blowback and realizing how rude she is to Peanut would be some good character development for Tarot.
Jeez, looking at the tags on those past strips, Fido last appeared in January 2015.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Douglas Collier wrote:
CanzetYote wrote:

In terms of Tarot, i find she's more trusting to Peanut than we give credit for and seems to want Peanut to pull his weight in return. I'm starting to think this letter might point out to him that he better start pulling his weight if he wants to catch-up to Tarot. I know he's sensitive, but I find he doesn't take it as personal with Tarot as the rest of the cast. Grape i find pulls her fur out everytime he makes a mistake and I find other dogs are always asking Peanut "Why?" All the time.
Douglas Collier

I can understand Tarot trying to make Peanut the perfect boyfriend, but she should also be trying to be the perfect girlfriend, or else that isn’t being fair to Peanut. She hasn’t been half as good a girlfriend to him as Peanut has been a boyfriend to her. It just seems like Tarot isn’t personally committed to their relationship.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Douglas Collier wrote:I can understand Tarot trying to make Peanut the perfect boyfriend, but she should also be trying to be the perfect girlfriend, or else that isn’t being fair to Peanut. She hasn’t been half as good a girlfriend to him as Peanut has been a boyfriend to her. It just seems like Tarot isn’t personally committed to their relationship.
And that's something i'm thinking she's going to learn down the line eventually. I can excuse this since she has been raised in a way that she's so use to having the answers, but doesn't realize the personal affect she's having on people - take King for example.

EDIT: I should note, though, however, I don't think she's bad at all - just sees the big picture much better than all the pets. It's that she doesn't realize how much her little actions might have an affect on Peanut. But then again, maybe they don't ~ we're assuming Peanut is affected by these actions as much as we're lead to believe. He was at his worst worried being unfaithful to Tarot and Bailey. I would say again this card might have him thinking like that again.
Douglas Collier

GameCobra wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:But then again, maybe they don't ~ we're assuming Peanut is affected by these actions as much as we're lead to believe. He was at his worst worried being unfaithful to Tarot and Bailey. I would say again this card might have him thinking like that again.
That sounds to me like Peanut might have People Pleaser Syndrome, or maybe some severe episodic anxiety issues.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Douglas Collier wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:But then again, maybe they don't ~ we're assuming Peanut is affected by these actions as much as we're lead to believe. He was at his worst worried being unfaithful to Tarot and Bailey. I would say again this card might have him thinking like that again.
That sounds to me like Peanut might have People Pleaser Syndrome, or maybe some severe episodic anxiety issues.
He's just trying to be loyal. It's pretty much a thing with dogs. What makes Peanut different (or not so different if you compare him to Max and Fido's owners) is his family is much more traditional to what most families want with their pet lives: cozy, fun, worry-free and getting good housing. Peanut is bound to take it for granted, but Tarot is quite the opposite of that.
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Douglas Collier wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
two things i question about that, firstly, you're ascribing human psychological disorders to nonhumans when rick has tried to drill into our heads that they think differently than humans do. second, those are both easy to misdiagnose as the associated behaviors can easily be voluntary actions to cope with low self esteem rather than compulsive behaviors brought on by the aforementioned conditions.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think their relationship is at risk, I just think she's got a job to do and she knows what she needs to do.

But if Tarot and Max are both gonna break up with their significant others... please. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:I don't think their relationship is at risk, I just think she's got a job to do and she knows what she needs to do.

But if Tarot and Max are both gonna break up with their significant others... please. :3
Sleet, i adore you, but your breaking my heart ;_; *Waves adorable kitty flag*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I always felt bad for Max. He tries so hard and does everything he can for Grape, and it always seemed like she didn't really appreciate that...
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

GameCobra wrote:
In terms of Tarot, i find she's more trusting to Peanut than we give credit for and seems to want Peanut to pull his weight in return. I'm starting to think this letter might point out to him that he better start pulling his weight if he wants to catch-up to Tarot. I know he's sensitive, but I find he doesn't take it as personal with Tarot as the rest of the cast. Grape i find pulls her fur out everytime he makes a mistake and I find other dogs are always asking Peanut "Why?" All the time.
I hate to point this out but.... When hasn't peanut pulled his weight? Yes he is happy go lucky but when it comes down to it hes never dropped the ball on anything of real importance, Or, honestly on anything i can recall. Tarot is in many ways akin to duchess at times. now before people start yelling i point out that i said in ways and at times.

Tarot like duchess puts herself first constantly. We have seen peanut helping her deal with her problems and even getting put down when he isn't really enthusiastic about it but we have never seen tarot make a personal sacrifice of her wishes for peanut's happiness. Over time this has caused her to appear more and more selfish. She ,sadly, seems all too happy to leave him behind for any or in this case no reason. Yet if anyone dares to not put her before themselves there is backlash.

Is she as bad as Duchess? It depends on how you look at it. In the end they are both doing the same thing to a large extent its just that duchess is more obvious is her motivations.
Image Image
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

GameCobra wrote: Sleet, i adore you, but your breaking my heart ;_; *Waves adorable kitty flag*
Can we ship Sleet and Gamecobra?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Please refrain from shipping real people.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

D-Rock wrote:Please refrain from shipping real people.
That answers that. Thanks.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Adoring Fan wrote:
I hate to point this out but.... When hasn't peanut pulled his weight? Yes he is happy go lucky but when it comes down to it hes never dropped the ball on anything of real importance, Or, honestly on anything i can recall. Tarot is in many ways akin to duchess at times. now before people start yelling i point out that i said in ways and at times.

Tarot like duchess puts herself first constantly. We have seen peanut helping her deal with her problems and even getting put down when he isn't really enthusiastic about it but we have never seen tarot make a personal sacrifice of her wishes for peanut's happiness. Over time this has caused her to appear more and more selfish. She ,sadly, seems all too happy to leave him behind for any or in this case no reason. Yet if anyone dares to not put her before themselves there is backlash.

Is she as bad as Duchess? It depends on how you look at it. In the end they are both doing the same thing to a large extent its just that duchess is more obvious is her motivations.
OH, you are right about all of that, don't get me wrong here and that's the things we haven't seen happen yet. I wouldn't compare Tarot to Duchess since Tarot is hard-working and actually does look after others, but is actually always trying to come up with the best answers. However, it seems Tarot doesn't give Peanut the amount of credit that she gives to Sabrina. That's because Tarot knew Sabrina far longer than Peanut. And the thing is, Tarot seems to always have alot of work cut out for her while Peanut is playing games and enjoying life all the time. She only gives Peanut the easy stuff where Sabrina is literally The Robin to Tarot's Batman. If Tarot was going around beating criminals, she would take Sabrina in a heart-beat because she knows she can trust Sabrina.

The thing is, it's hard to gauge how hard Tarot trusts Peanut with her work. She did give him the responsibility to give King the green lamp and she even gave him responsibility over her booth in the Psycon (which he unfortunately messed up, probably giving Tarot reasons to trust Peanut with responsible roles) but these were minor roles.

Only time will tell whether we'll find out just how big the olive branch is between Peanut and Tarot, but this comic today gave me some thoughts that it's actually smaller than we realize ~ and Peanut might have to do something about that.
Connorses

Post by Connorses »

Peanut was the only one who figured out how to cheat at the game. ;-;
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

GameCobra wrote:
OH, you are right about all of that, don't get me wrong here and that's the things we haven't seen happen yet. I wouldn't compare Tarot to Duchess since Tarot is hard-working and actually does look after others, but is actually always trying to come up with the best answers. However, it seems Tarot doesn't give Peanut the amount of credit that she gives to Sabrina. That's because Tarot knew Sabrina far longer than Peanut. And the thing is, Tarot seems to always have alot of work cut out for her while Peanut is playing games and enjoying life all the time. She only gives Peanut the easy stuff where Sabrina is literally The Robin to Tarot's Batman. If Tarot was going around beating criminals, she would take Sabrina in a heart-beat because she knows she can trust Sabrina.

The thing is, it's hard to gauge how hard Tarot trusts Peanut with her work. She did give him the responsibility to give King the green lamp and she even gave him responsibility over her booth in the Psycon (which he unfortunately messed up, probably giving Tarot reasons to trust Peanut with responsible roles) but these were minor roles.

Only time will tell whether we'll find out just how big the olive branch is between Peanut and Tarot, but this comic today gave me some thoughts that it's actually smaller than we realize ~ and Peanut might have to do something about that.

I admit i am trying to be careful in my comparison because in a lot of ways they are different however in a number of ways they are very much the same just through a different lens. For example Duchess IS hard working in her own way, just look how much effort she puts into her shows even to the point of being willing to manipulate someones emotions so that she can get her way at there expense... sort of like how... oh say... Tarot and peanut first met? Showing up at his door while he was an emotional train-wreak due to grape going with max and then manipulating the situation in order to keep an eye on grape. Remember when they first got together she didnt know or love him. She was willing to toy with him because Spirit Dragon told her to... In that one specific way. The willingness to manipulate others and than casually cast them aside when they don't serve an immediate use. Its very Duchess. So much so that i have to wonder weather the reason we see her as good is mostly due to the perspective by which the story has been told.
Image Image