2017/06/23 - Technical Writing

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2017/06/23 - Technical Writing

Post by D-Rock »

[2017/06/23 - Technical Writing ]
Title Text: wait was that supposed to be SCFLARP, SFCLARP, or FSCLARP

Well, the Devil is in the details. And the first page. And there's probably an editor's note at the back.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Re: 2017/06/23 - Technical Writing

Post by GameCobra »

I noticed he's in his sneaking gear again.

How he'll get into the temple without understanding the rules of the temple is going to be interesting. :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

LET'S GET THEM HATS !!!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

D-Rock wrote:[2017/06/23 - Technical Writing ]
Title Text: wait was that supposed to be SCFLARP, SFCLARP, or FSCLARP

Well, the Devil is in the details. And the first page. And there's probably an editor's note at the back.
At least they put the warning before the spells. *shrugs*
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I love how that camel is just standing there. :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

NOW what the howl's going on?
I'm beginning to doubt my sight.
Ghosts from the dead and past...
you guys do see that camel, right?
Steward's nailing his flag to the pole,
betraying his boss for a cause;
showing there's no equality
it's better to have hands than paws.
No rules, set teams, big bad;
The most dangerous of foes.
When it comes to beating Ferrets?
For this guy? Anything goes...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

But it's fun!
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Oh hey, it's that guy I completely forgot about from that arc that had the least impact on me personally. I wonder how he's doing.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

So Steward was with Thomas this entire time, huh? Oh boy, so many reveals. This is getting good. This arc may become bigger than Heaven's Not Enough at this rate.

Also did anyone notice the fourth animal on the far left side of the second panel behind Dallas? Because I did.
Oh boy, a new nerd friend-
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Do bald caps count as costume headwear? Image
ImageImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Do bald caps count as costume headwear? Image
Do halos? Which would be why the nerds haven't spotted the Angel Rufus.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
John-056

Post by John-056 »

GameCobra wrote:I noticed he's in his sneaking gear again.

How he'll get into the temple without understanding the rules of the temple is going to be interesting. :3
Actually, if I remember, the temple follows the rules of 'Costumes Give you Power' or in this case, Class abilities, and I doubt it's actually limited to headwear, just that it's a Pet Thing. And what 'Class' in most genres uses a Sneaking Suit?

Take a minute to guess.

Still, I find it strange for Thomas to make a return, and even weirder since the Temple had always been there, and the map had the name, 'Simon' written on the back, so the treasure is likely not in the temple, since the Milton Ferrets were likely not even born yet, since the temple was moved not long after it's discovery... And the map was written by Henry Milton himself.

I mean, seriously, Thomas would need money to boss Mr Steward around, and a lot of it. Hek, he'd need to be in a position of power, since Steward is a Government Agent.

...Unless Mr Steward was lying about being a government agent, which would make it brilliant, since that meant Thomas had planned that far ahead by planting what's actually an agent of his into the Milton Mansion to feed him info. But that still requires a lot of money to have a position of authority over Mr Steward... Money he didn't have before the Map, since it's implied that most of the few companies that Thomas owned were brought out by the Ferrets, which, would not be enough to keep in control over Mr Steward, since he's not even in control of them anymore... Which, in turn would mean that Thomas actually has a reason and a right to bear a grudge.

So that's partially bunked, Mr Steward being an Agent of Thomas. The rest, however, is still legit, since Thomas wouldn't have the Money to actually hire Mr Steward, as well as the fact that Mr Steward's been around for a while. The likely idea is that he got the money, but now has to either try and get more, or something went wrong after he got it. He still had enough to make a return trip, and likely find a way to hire/control Mr Steward, but the fact is, Thomas returning as a new threat is kind of a Waste in my Opinion, since the idea that the 'Money's in the temple' is daft, since Henry would have had to destroy the map, since it's become redundant.

However, the idea that he's aware of Magic would be a little more likely, since considering that there's a rich history of Magic use in the HP universe, as well as Thomas having a degree of respect for his old man, even if grudging thanks to giving the majority of his fortune to the Ferrets, and Henry would have likely written down a lot of notes on his experience on Magic, which Thomas would have poked through in hopes of getting a one-up on the ferrets... If he hadn't been picking up the abandoned Mana Research as well. I think he's just annoyed at the fact that 'All Participants must wear a stupid hat' to actually join, which I suspect is a Pet thing rather than a human thing, since we never see pets actually wear pants or actual armor, Bailey's not counting since it's POWAH ARMOOOOOR!

And I know about the caps at the Power Armor part. I just wanted to try a Terry Crews yell. Fact is, it's likely since Pets never actually wear clothing, they need a hat instead. Humans, on the other hand, have to wear clothing, so instead, whatever a human wears would result in them playing the Part.

So I'll repeat. What 'Class' Uses a Sneaking Suit, and is based in Modern settings? Hint: Box.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, plenty of people will also pull a double cross for a large enough potential payout after all is said and done, so Thomas doesn't necessarily need a lot of money now as long as his plan has a reasonable enough chance of getting him sufficiently rich and Mr. Steward's promised share was enticing enough.
Alternatively Mr. Steward thinks Thomas's whole plan is going to fail anyway and is just keeping a finger in the pot by "helping" Thomas until his inevitable downfall. As long as he does nothing illegal, this shouldn't come back to bite him.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I count 13 tags, but 14 different figures. Is the figure on the far left Fiddler? It'd be fitting if (s)he were to play the bard. =3

Also, if Dallas is playing a Star Trek officer, is he going to get a visor to play as Geordi La Forge? (Thank goodness he didn't go with a red shirt, though it kind of would have been funny to see him being targeted repeatedly).

Lastly, why is Squeak not tagged? ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

John-056 wrote:

Actually, if I remember, the temple follows the rules of 'Costumes Give you Power' or in this case, Class abilities, and I doubt it's actually limited to headwear, just that it's a Pet Thing. And what 'Class' in most genres uses a Sneaking Suit?

Take a minute to guess.
!
Douglas Collier wrote:Also, if Dallas is playing a Star Trek officer, is he going to get a visor to play as Geordi La Forge? (Thank goodness he didn't go with a red shirt, though it kind of would have been funny to see him being targeted repeatedly).
He has the wrong rank pips for Geordi. Also, redshirts only wore red in TOS. in TNG and later casualties are more or less even between command, operations, and sciences.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Douglas Collier wrote:I count 13 tags, but 14 different figures. Is the figure on the far left Fiddler? It'd be fitting if (s)he were to play the bard. =3

Also, if Dallas is playing a Star Trek officer, is he going to get a visor to play as Geordi La Forge? (Thank goodness he didn't go with a red shirt, though it kind of would have been funny to see him being targeted repeatedly).

nah it's not fiddler

I think it might be this pet in the wedding, the colour pretty much matches the mysteryous pet's if you tweak the colours in photoshop to match the ambient lighting
OrWasIt.EXE

Post by OrWasIt.EXE »

Not A Furry wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:I count 13 tags, but 14 different figures. Is the figure on the far left Fiddler? It'd be fitting if (s)he were to play the bard. =3

nah it's not fiddler

I think it might be this pet in the wedding, the colour pretty much matches the mysteryous pet's if you tweak the colours in photoshop to match the ambient lighting
Oh, so he does.

I wonder what his name is.
What do you get when you cram a shapeshifter, a dog-dragon, two wolves, a human, a robot, a bear, and a fox into one vessel? (They/Them pronouns)
Argent

Post by Argent »

If it's the dumbest thing Thomas has ever heard, that's pretty dumb.

Also, I want them to discover at the end that Rock has been following them through the bushes with a videocamera, and Steward is SO busted.

He's in a costume. He'll be a Thief or a Spy. Maybe he'll suddenly sprout the outrageous mask and the flaming cigarette.
John-056 wrote:I mean, seriously, Thomas would need money to boss Mr Steward around, and a lot of it. Hek, he'd need to be in a position of power, since Steward is a Government Agent. [etc...]
Maybe Thomas is working for Steward. Or maybe Steward is working with Thomas to invalidate the will so all the Milton Money goes to Thomas and Celia. That would be enough to buy a lot of government agents.

Edit: Goldarn caniglioon razzafrazzing BELGIUM censor.
Last edited by Argent on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Liam

Post by Liam »

It's Team Cool Main Cast vs. Team Annoying Nerdlinger Secondaries!

F I G H T
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, it was expected to see again the bad guy of Thomas behind the plan of Steward, and has been a really long time. ;) There's also his camel. :) Meh, Jack, stop with your imprecisations, you're not good at explaining. :P Poncho is right because of the past cases, but maybe Jack is too, afterall, costumes aren't so critical to have for you animals. :P
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

John-056 wrote:But that still requires a lot of money to have a position of authority over Mr Steward... Money he didn't have before the Map, since it's implied that most of the few companies that Thomas owned were brought out by the Ferrets, which, would not be enough to keep in control over Mr Steward, since he's not even in control of them anymore... Which, in turn would mean that Thomas actually has a reason and a right to bear a grudge.
Getting bought out of a pneumatic tube business is not exactly revenge-worthy. To quote Thomas himself: "Who else needs pneumatic tubes?"
So that's partially bunked, Mr Steward being an Agent of Thomas. The rest, however, is still legit, since Thomas wouldn't have the Money to actually hire Mr Steward, as well as the fact that Mr Steward's been around for a while. The likely idea is that he got the money, but now has to either try and get more, or something went wrong after he got it.
Or they could be working together for a common goal, as even villains occasionally do.
He still had enough to make a return trip, and likely find a way to hire/control Mr Steward, but the fact is, Thomas returning as a new threat is kind of a Waste in my Opinion, since the idea that the 'Money's in the temple' is daft, since Henry would have had to destroy the map, since it's become redundant.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Fish Preferred wrote:
John-056 wrote:He still had enough to make a return trip, and likely find a way to hire/control Mr Steward, but the fact is, Thomas returning as a new threat is kind of a Waste in my Opinion, since the idea that the 'Money's in the temple' is daft, since Henry would have had to destroy the map, since it's become redundant.
I think that's Pete's treasure. Not Henry Milton's Money. As a matter of fact, I doubt Keene Milton would have told Mr Steward about the Treasure he'd found, since he came out empty handed with only a Mana Block to make use of.
Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:I mean, seriously, Thomas would need money to boss Mr Steward around, and a lot of it. Hek, he'd need to be in a position of power, since Steward is a Government Agent. [etc...]
Maybe Thomas is working for Steward. Or maybe Steward is working with Thomas to invalidate the will so all the Milton Money goes to Thomas and Celia. That would be enough to buy a lot of government agents.
Or Thomas is just another one of this strange fellow's... Agents. Don't you think it's strange that a 'Boss' would personally turn up to do the deeds himself? And I've only just thought of it, so bear with me.

Anyway, Thomas may have likely had his accounts freezed to help this strange fellow, so as to either try and take down the Miltons, or to get Mana. They wouldn't have need for Money, since they already have a lot of power. Thomas had mentioned that he had done Burglary in the past. What's to say that this new foe may have blackmailed Thomas into helping them do their dirty work?
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

"That is the dumbest thing I ever heard!"

So says the dude who dressed in a stereotypical sock-cap mask to rob the Miltons.

I knew Steward was compromised by Thomas. I myself think the camel will rat them out in a moment similar to Daisy talking about Sasha's angst.