Arc 30: The Present

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dissension »

Some of you might call me a rabid Bino apologist, but I don't think he's done anything to deserve the scorn you're heaping on him. Has anyone ever intended to get someone a gift, had it slip their mind, forgotten about whatever holiday, and then been reminded when it was way too late to make a difference? "...what I mean is it's May. Why are you bringing this up now?" Wouldn't it have been more prudent for Fox to remind Bino about Valentine's Day beforehand?

Let's not forget that Sasha has also been a jerk from time to time, just one example being when she tricked Fido into a "date" because spending time with the hospitalized, unconscious Bino was "boring." For all we know, showering Fox with attention like this could be intended to make Bino jealous, thereby causing him to get Sasha some kind of super-amazing present in an attempt to outdo all the other gift-givers combined.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
valerio

Post by valerio »

Dissension wrote:Some of you might call me a rabid Bino apologist, but I don't think he's done anything to deserve the scorn you're heaping on him. Has anyone ever intended to get someone a gift, had it slip their mind, forgotten about whatever holiday, and then been reminded when it was way too late to make a difference? "...what I mean is it's May. Why are you bringing this up now?" Wouldn't it have been more prudent for Fox to remind Bino about Valentine's Day beforehand?

Let's not forget that Sasha has also been a jerk from time to time, just one example being when she tricked Fido into a "date" because spending time with the hospitalized, unconscious Bino was "boring." For all we know, showering Fox with attention like this could be intended to make Bino jealous, thereby causing him to get Sasha some kind of super-amazing present in an attempt to outdo all the other gift-givers combined.
Well, according to naked facts, Bino has *never* been less than a jerk. With anyone and for any possible reason. Period. The only time I felt a tad sorry for him was during the visit at the Milton mansion arc. In that occasion he hurt only himself in the vain attempt to trick the ferrets into giving him the prize. Every other time he did all a bully could do, topping himself with King. (and having, as a side effect, to get King to meet Sasha, talk about karma!)
Sasha may seem often frivolous, but she's a sweet one who's got a jerk of an owner who uses her as an object to 'get babes' at parties and then locks her out if he didn't succeed. And Bino himself has never shown any comprehension to her.
As for Sasha's 'attraction' to Fido, that's understandable: practically every 'lady dog' in Babylon Gardens wants some Fido. Yes, she wasn't very kind to leave the hospitalized Bino to date his brother, but considering, I repeat, how little Bino cares for her, it doesn't wonder she 'returns' such carelessness.
Sasha needs her special someone and that, in future, may be well King.
Also, no, I don't think she's trying to make Bino jeaolus. It's compatible with her to show gratefulness her own unique way.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dissension wrote:Some of you might call me a rabid Bino apologist, but I don't think he's done anything to deserve the scorn you're heaping on him. Has anyone ever intended to get someone a gift, had it slip their mind, forgotten about whatever holiday, and then been reminded when it was way too late to make a difference? "...what I mean is it's May. Why are you bringing this up now?" Wouldn't it have been more prudent for Fox to remind Bino about Valentine's Day beforehand?

The thing is I don't think Bino ever intended to get Sasha a gift. He did say to Fox that he doesn't think he should have to shower her with junk. As for Sasha being a jerk its excusable (or at least understandable) with her home life and everything she is just trying to get love and attention from anywhere she can but it can't fix her home life so she just keeps looking.

Bino is a jerk because he's jealous of his brother and wants his position in the neighborhood. Since he doesn't get what he wants he just acts like a jerk to people because it makes him feel better about himself. Which is not excusable or understandable and makes him look like a big baby.

Edit: Put more thoughts on Bino
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'll give Bino the benefit of the doubt and say that it's not unlikely that he simply forgot to get her a gift, rather than consciously choosing not to. Either way, it's out of not caring too much for her, but this way is less malicious.

Also, as I said in the comment thread, I would describe what Sasha is as a "G-rated tramp." She doesn't seem to value fidelity very high, even if her boyfriend is negligent.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

rabid bino apologist
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Bino is giving the death stare.

It's no wonder she takes so long to organize all her gifts.
First name, then stuff received from person A, then give that person A hugs accordingly, go to the next gift for person B.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

I think Sasha is eventally going to "dump" Bino for the final time somewhere down the line.

P.S. Sider, I like your avatar, I figured you were going to do that sooner or later.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Cerberusx wrote:I think Sasha is eventally going to "dump" Bino for the final time somewhere down the line.

Yeah, but to all the King/Sasha shippers, (that includes me) how do we know that sasha won't just blow King off or other way around? I just asking a question here. In fact that's the question I asked myself.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Firstly, Bino! Awesome! Bino and Fox are friends! Awesome!

I'm gonna agree with all of your opinions this time! They all make sence in my oppinion. I'm just wondering, about how Sasha got so many gifts. Is Sasha the top female dog in the neighborhood or something? It can't be simpy 'cause she's technichally going out with Bino, can it? Is she one of the most attractive females in Babylon Gadens? There isn't much competition after all...no offence.

:? "Hi! I'm Daisy!"

What do you mean by the way Barker? Are you implying King may ask Sasha and she declines?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Barkeron wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:I think Sasha is eventally going to "dump" Bino for the final time somewhere down the line.

Yeah, but to all the King/Sasha shippers, (that includes me) how do we know that sasha won't just blow King off or other way around? I just asking a question here. In fact that's the question I asked myself.
We really don't because (as I've stated before) I believe its way to early in their relationship to say anything definitive. I however personally believe that it would most likely be King that would blow off Sasha due to the fact that Sasha is starved for attention and most likely wouldn't turn down some one who would offer it to her. I'm not saying King will but if either of them would it would be him. Edit: Fixed up some wording
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

44R0NM10 wrote: What do you mean by the way Barker? Are you implying King may ask Sasha and she declines?
Actually, no I didn't mean it by that way. I was just going by the Muchas Smooches comic strip that some are seem to be talking about. Other than it it was just a question that I was thinking of at the time. So thus its kinda of earily to tell how King/Sasha will go.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

IceKitsune wrote: We really don't because (as I've stated before) I believe its way to early in their relationship to say anything definitive. I however personally believe that it would most likely be King that would blow off Sasha due to the fact that Sasha is starved for attention and most likely wouldn't turn down some one who would offer it to her. I'm not saying King will but if either of them would it would be him. Edit: Fixed up some wording

And you basically answered that question for me. (Oh darn it, sorry for the double post..)
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

IceKitsune wrote:
Barkeron wrote:

We really don't because (as I've stated before) I believe its way to early in their relationship to say anything definitive. I however personally believe that it would most likely be King that would blow off Sasha due to the fact that Sasha is starved for attention and most likely wouldn't turn down some one who would offer it to her. I'm not saying King will but if either of them would it would be him. Edit: Fixed up some wording
I agree with you comrade, but also remember King is stuck as a dog to learn from it. If you recall he spent that night out side with Sasha to keep her company because of her "Dad" he did it because he felt sorry for her, but also because he's been through the same thing. I think he is going to try to help Sasha, but he doesn't want to fall in love with her or get a cruch on her or something, but I'm sure he will. And this will help him even more to become a better person/pet. But there will be the confrentaion with Bino so, it will put King to the "test" for how much he will and has changed.

I know this is a just the biggest leap of faith ever, but just think about what that Griffin said to King. This is something that could change King for the better if something were to blossom between King and Sasha.

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
valerio

Post by valerio »

I quote thee comrade CerberusX.
Also,
Also, as I said in the comment thread, I would describe what Sasha is as a "G-rated tramp." She doesn't seem to value fidelity very high, even if her boyfriend is negligent.
Meaning you still need to understand her. A LOT! :?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

What a way to start an arc, eh?
I wonder what the ferrets gave her.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well she's "cheated" on her boyfriend at least twice. It makes sense.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Liam

Post by Liam »

I wonder if Sasha's meaningful activity will be her breaking off with Bino what leads to him becoming heartbroken, lying in a dark corner and sulking 24/7 in fetal position before he starts contemplating suicide.

...why yes, I don't like him.
ChewyChewy wrote:Wait--IS white chocolate safe for dogs, or is it simply white chocolate that doesn't contain the element(s) that are poisonous to dogs that exist therein...?
White Chocolate has the smallest amounts of theobromine, the ingredient most toxic to dogs, so they can eat a relative large amount.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Cerberusx wrote: I agree with you comrade, but also remember King is stuck as a dog to learn from it. If you recall he spent that night out side with Sasha to keep her company because of her "Dad" he did it because he felt sorry for her, but also because he's been through the same thing. I think he is going to try to help Sasha, but he doesn't want to fall in love with her or get a cruch on her or something, but I'm sure he will. And this will help him even more to become a better person/pet. But there will be the confrontation with Bino so, it will put King to the "test" for how much he will and has changed.

Well that makes sense.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Barkeron wrote:
Cerberusx wrote: I agree with you comrade, but also remember King is stuck as a dog to learn from it. If you recall he spent that night out side with Sasha to keep her company because of her "Dad" he did it because he felt sorry for her, but also because he's been through the same thing. I think he is going to try to help Sasha, but he doesn't want to fall in love with her or get a cruch on her or something, but I'm sure he will. And this will help him even more to become a better person/pet. But there will be the confrontation with Bino so, it will put King to the "test" for how much he will and has changed.

Well that makes sense.
Yes it does make sense. I do agree a relationship between King and Sasha would be a very good thing for both of them.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Liam wrote:I wonder if Sasha's meaningful activity will be her breaking off with Bino what leads to him becoming heartbroken, lying in a dark corner and sulking 24/7 in fetal position before he starts contemplating suicide.
The worst Bino can do is basically act like a drama queen, saying woe as me, doing something stupid, and ending up in the hospital again because he did something stupid. I don't see any suicide in Bino's future. (That's something that rick would never do in terms of the suicide).
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Barkeron wrote:
Liam wrote:I wonder if Sasha's meaningful activity will be her breaking off with Bino what leads to him becoming heartbroken, lying in a dark corner and sulking 24/7 in fetal position before he starts contemplating suicide.
The worst Bino can do is basically act like a drama queen, saying woe as me, doing something stupid, and ending up in the hospital again because he did something stupid. I don't see any suicide in Bino's future. (That's something that rick would never do in terms of the suicide).
Liam I think you might hate Bino a little too much I mean hes a jerk sure but he doesn't deserve that. Barkeron is right the worst he would do is act like a drama queen.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

IceKitsune wrote: Liam I think you might hate Bino a little too much I mean hes a jerk sure but he doesn't deserve that. Barkeron is right the worst he would do is act like a drama queen.
Not even King would wish that on Bino offing himself, if you ask me.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Bino is awesome! To hate Bino is to hate oneself! Ok, that may be quite dramatic but whatever...

Eigher way, I see Bino's future with him on his own, but not really careing. I reckon somewhere across the lines him and Fido will make up. Same with Joey. Who knows Bino may join the family buisness! (cat-lovers) I doubt it, you doubt it, but who knows. I do see Bino living a future he enjoys, even through a 3rd person may not. He seems to enjoy how he's going at the moment after all!
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

IceKitsune wrote:
Barkeron wrote:

Well that makes sense.
Yes it does make sense. I do agree a relationship between King and Sasha would be a very good thing for both of them.
I figured it would, because King will eventally get his own arc, every now and then, but this I think will happen in eather a major King arc or some what medium to minor arc. But the bottom line is that the chances of it happening seem pretty high to me.

Alex

Post by Alex »

I just wonder if Bino will buy anything. Here are some possibilities of what might happen:
1)Bino doesn't get a present for Sasha. She is disappointed, and that can either result in her starting to avoid Bino, and ignoring him, and then he will wonder why, which he'll try to find out.
2)Bino buys her the lamest present ever. The rest is same as above.
3)Bino buys her the best present ever. She starts to like him even more, and starts following him everywhere, and tries to be with him, which annoys him, so he tries to get rid of her.
4)The entire arc could be about Bino trying to find a good present for her. In the end, when he buys it, she says "It's nice, but I've got this in my room already."
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Alex wrote:I just wonder if Bino will buy anything. Here are some possibilities of what might happen:
1)Bino doesn't get a present for Sasha. She is disappointed, and that can either result in her starting to avoid Bino, and ignoring him, and then he will wonder why, which he'll try to find out.
3)Bino buys her the best present ever. She starts to like him even more, and starts following him everywhere, and tries to be with him, which annoys him, so he tries to get rid of her.
4)The entire arc could be about Bino trying to find a good present for her. In the end, when he buys it, she says "It's nice, but I've got this in my room already."
At this point the only one I can't see happening is 4 the rest of them are very plausible but its just too early to tell. But if I had to choose one right now It most likely will be number 2.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'm not sure what the most likely result would be, but I'd really like to see a number 3! Somehow I think it'd just end up turning out best! It's a shame that Sasha might be emotionlly hurt though...
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Alex wrote:I just wonder if Bino will buy anything. Here are some possibilities of what might happen:
I think it's impossible to disappoint Sasha, she will alway be happy even with the smallest things.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

i'm going for the predictable route and guessing Bino will get Sasha a mother's day gift instead.

except rather than disguising it as a valentine's gift, it's blatantly obvious a mother's day gift, but Sasha ends up loving it anyway. hilarity ensures <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Liam

Post by Liam »

Kyderra wrote:I think it's impossible to disappoint Sasha, she will alway be happy even with the smallest things.
I can fancy he will find something to upset her.
IceKitsune wrote:Liam I think you might hate Bino a little too much
This was tongue-in-cheek.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Liam wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Liam I think you might hate Bino a little too much
This was tongue-in-cheek.
I was gonna say foot-in-mouth, but, hey, same result. :P
Just kidding, Liam, I love you
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Barkeron wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that suicide or murder will never happen in this comic. Because that's not...a...PG kinda thing. And with no old pets, methinks there isn't going to be any natural death either. Unless the comic goes on for years, the pets age, and so forth.

But really, I find any kind of death to be unlikely.

Oh, and I forgot this earlier: *Nuzznuzznuzz!* So cute!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Buckdida wrote:Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that suicide or murder will never happen in this comic. Because that's not...a...PG kinda thing. And with no old pets, methinks there isn't going to be any natural death either. Unless the comic goes on for years, the pets age, and so forth.

Well, technically there has already been a death but it doesn't count because we didn't know the guy beforehand and his death was a plot device, a beginning, not an ending. And we haven't seen anyone mourning him either.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Buckdida wrote:Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that suicide or murder will never happen in this comic. Because that's not...a...PG kinda thing. And with no old pets, methinks there isn't going to be any natural death either. Unless the comic goes on for years, the pets age, and so forth.

Well, technically there has already been a death but it doesn't count because we didn't know the guy beforehand and his death was a plot device, a beginning, not an ending. And we haven't seen anyone mourning him either.
Yeah, as far as I know the only times those would be used is in details of backstory, but not much of anything that affects the characters directly in the events of the comic itself.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If there was any murder in the comic, i'm sure it would be done off panel. or at the very least be like the old classic 'act dead' kind of thing.

"Psst. hey, you're suppose to ACT dead."
"Oh,right! *plays dead*"
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

GameCobra wrote:If there was any murder in the comic, i'm sure it would be done off panel. or at the very least be like the old classic 'act dead' kind of thing.

"Psst. hey, you're suppose to ACT dead."
"Oh,right! *plays dead*"
You just gave me a really, really dumb-awesome idea for a one-off
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:You just gave me a really, really dumb-awesome idea for a one-off
my childhood dreams of aspiring artists around the world with my old cartoon knowledge is one step closer! *thumbs up*
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon May 10, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

I think Bino is sweet in a mean jerky way. Or maybe that's because his character is cute, like the rest of housepets..
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

Bino is ok, but he probaly could have given her a pre-made housepets valentine...
But Reading these post gave me a stunning realization: there are only three female dogs in the whole comic... no wonder peanut is smitten with grape. :lol:
HELLO THERE
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

metaecho wrote:Bino is ok, but he probaly could have given her a pre-made housepets valentine...
But Reading these post gave me a stunning realization: there are only three female dogs in the whole comic... no wonder peanut is smitten with grape. :lol:
I was afraid of that....

Sasha, Daisy, and now Tarot. And Daisy doesn't count.

And what about female cats? Grape and Sabrina are the only ones we know ARE female, unless I missed my guest--others are female but we don't know exactly which they are....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com