Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Arc 30: The Present 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 pm
Posts: 6019
Location: Somewhere in that direction.
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Ebly wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:
Ebly wrote:
actually, i was surprised that you and chewy are guys

i was pointing out more of sasha's silliness
have you guys already forgotten two comics ago?


I get that a lot here...
And does that mean you're not a girl, or are you?

i could have a lot of fun with this, but i really don't think i'm feminine enough to pull off androgyny

lol. :lol:


Sun May 23, 2010 6:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4284
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Ebly wrote:
i AM a girl, silly



i think


And this is why you do not make posts at 3 am you forget very obvious things like this. I now admit I'm most likely wrong but in my defense she was a puppy at the time.

_________________
Image
Image


Sun May 23, 2010 9:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3873
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
You know, i can't believe i never thought of this until now. I wonder what the chances are that Sasha's musical talent will reach Keys and Fiddler? I suddenly got this idea of Sasha playing the piano for cats!

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Sun May 23, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
ctcmjh wrote:
Ebly wrote:
actually, i was surprised that you and chewy are guys

i was pointing out more of sasha's silliness
have you guys already forgotten two comics ago?


I get that a lot here...
And does that mean you're not a girl, or are you?


I think that's the first time I got that....

Anyway, I hope my lines for Joel/King clears that up....

(Starting to sound like that Mr. Bigglesworth comic....)

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Sun May 23, 2010 12:43 pm
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7897
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
IceKitsune wrote:
...what other evidence could we have been ignoring there have been no hints until this arc that she was anything other then what she appeared to be which was an airhead.

Edit: Truthfully it doesn't really matter because anything you say is evidence of her being just a scatterbrain I could just as easily say she's acting and vica versa.


"I'll just ignore your evidence and twist it to my own perception."

As of [this] comic, Sasha seems to have some knowledge of radiography. Specifically, that small transmitters and antennae have a limited range compared to larger ones. For a praying mantis to transmit to a (presumably distant) mothership would require a series of repeater stations. The size of a praying mantis indicates a small transmitter and the length of its antennae is indicative of a very high-frequency radio, probably above the cell phone band (~1300 mHz).

Sasha also seems to grasp the reality of the situation pretty well [here], too. Her analysis of the situation, especially in the last panel, indicates more awareness than your typical airhead.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Sun May 23, 2010 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4284
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Dissension wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
...what other evidence could we have been ignoring there have been no hints until this arc that she was anything other then what she appeared to be which was an airhead.

Edit: Truthfully it doesn't really matter because anything you say is evidence of her being just a scatterbrain I could just as easily say she's acting and vica versa.


"I'll just ignore your evidence and twist it to my own perception."

As of [this] comic, Sasha seems to have some knowledge of radiography. Specifically, that small transmitters and antennae have a limited range compared to larger ones. For a praying mantis to transmit to a (presumably distant) mothership would require a series of repeater stations. The size of a praying mantis indicates a small transmitter and the length of its antennae is indicative of a very high-frequency radio, probably above the cell phone band (~1300 mHz).

Sasha also seems to grasp the reality of the situation pretty well [here], too. Her analysis of the situation, especially in the last panel, indicates more awareness than your typical airhead.


Ok I understand where your coming from on this one and really I should have picked up on the first one but then again I made my post at like 3 in the morning so I wasn't working at a 100% when I went looking for evidence. The second one however shows that she is perceptive of peoples feelings not having actual book smarts and really you can be an airhead and still be empathetic to people. Not having empathy implies that you are a psychopath not an airhead.
Edit: fixed spelling

_________________
Image
Image


Sun May 23, 2010 2:15 pm
Profile
Worst Mod EVER!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:50 pm
Posts: 4510
Location: South Florida
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Still mad at Rick for breaking his habit and breaking my heart. :<

_________________
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Image
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)


Sun May 23, 2010 8:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:16 am
Posts: 1008
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Still mad at Rick for breaking his habit and breaking my heart. :<


Break your heart?

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Pet Friendly character bio Abby


Sun May 23, 2010 8:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 1:09 am
Posts: 132
Location: Fonduistan
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Typhon wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Still mad at Rick for breaking his habit and breaking my heart. :<


Break your heart?

you know, like with a karate chop. HIGH-YAH!

as for the new strip: avatar time! I guess that the arc has ended (awesome hangliding enthustiast skills, no?).

_________________
HELLO THERE
Image


Mon May 24, 2010 12:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm
Posts: 434
Location: United States, Illinois.
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
[*]Edited[*]
Posted in wrong spot.

_________________
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

Xbox Live Gamertag: Cerberusx32

Image
Image


Last edited by Cerberusx on Mon May 24, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 24, 2010 12:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Just giving the heads-up that this thread needs to be locked.

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Mon May 24, 2010 7:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Cerberusx wrote:
The baseball out-fit was by far the best one. He looked almost like he is part of a gang, or a punk or something, which would be pretty cool.

Yeah, he looked pretty cute in that one.

_________________
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image


Mon May 24, 2010 7:52 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
you do realise that discussing one-offs in a topic about the previous arc constitutes derailing, right?

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Ebly wrote:
you do realise that discussing one-offs in a topic about the previous arc constitutes derailing, right?

It does? Oh.....

my bad.

_________________
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image


Mon May 24, 2010 8:20 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 pm
Posts: 6019
Location: Somewhere in that direction.
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
I know the arc is over, but I can't help but thinking:

Sasha in panel 3 reminds me of a velociraptor for some strange reason.


Mon May 24, 2010 10:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Well the point is this topic isn't locked so we can discuss things like that even though the arc's over. *giggles*

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed May 26, 2010 6:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
ctcmjh wrote:
I know the arc is over, but I can't help but thinking:

Sasha in panel 3 reminds me of a velociraptor for some strange reason.

LOL she reminds you of a dinosaur? XD

_________________
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image


Wed May 26, 2010 8:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 pm
Posts: 6019
Location: Somewhere in that direction.
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
It's the way she's holding her arms, and the expression on her face.

What? You don't see it? Here, look at this then:
Image
How 'bout now?


Wed May 26, 2010 1:54 pm
Profile
Former Mod of the Aura
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:52 pm
Posts: 3999
Location: England
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
She kind've reminds me of a T-Rex to be honest...

In all honesty...you were even specific about the type of dino!

and in second looks...I'm seeing it!

_________________
Image
PF - Awesome
PF - Sly
PF - Brill
Image


Wed May 26, 2010 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Oh, yeah, now I see it.

_________________
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image


Wed May 26, 2010 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
To everyone that said Sasha never did anything to make herself seem like an airhead, read this strip: http://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/01/a-breed-apart/

_________________
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image


Sat May 29, 2010 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2713
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
ctcmjh wrote:
It's the way she's holding her arms, and the expression on her face.

What? You don't see it? Here, look at this then:
Image
How 'bout now?


... girls are like velociraptor?
it all makes sense now.

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Sat May 29, 2010 5:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:16 am
Posts: 1008
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Kyderra wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:
It's the way she's holding her arms, and the expression on her face.

What? You don't see it? Here, look at this then:
Image
How 'bout now?


... girls are like velociraptor?
it all makes sense now.


Hey, don't stereotype. Some are like tyrannosaurs too.

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Pet Friendly character bio Abby


Sat May 29, 2010 11:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 3920
Location: Equestria
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Typhon wrote:
Kyderra wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:
It's the way she's holding her arms, and the expression on her face.

What? You don't see it? Here, look at this then:
Image
How 'bout now?


... girls are like velociraptor?
it all makes sense now.


Hey, don't stereotype. Some are like tyrannosaurs too.


and some are like smackasaureses

_________________
My RP characters!!
Image
Image
I <3 Deadpool!


Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
wow, this topic has been unlocked! It's a miracle! Let's hug Sasha to celebrate!

_________________
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image


Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:35 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Yeah, but I think everything about this arc has already been discussed.

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
We can talk about why Bino didn't want to stop being a cheapskate for two seconds and give his girlfriend a valentine's day gift on time.

_________________
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image


Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4284
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Dr. Prower wrote:
We can talk about why Bino didn't want to stop being a cheapskate for two seconds and give his girlfriend a valentine's day gift on time.


He's terrible with romance and didn't think he had to do anything for her to keep her around because he knew that she would just comeback to him anyway.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:11 pm
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7897
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Or Bino has a terrible memory and forgot all about St. Valentine's Day.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4284
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
Or that

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
IceKitsune wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:
We can talk about why Bino didn't want to stop being a cheapskate for two seconds and give his girlfriend a valentine's day gift on time.


He's terrible with romance and didn't think he had to do anything for her to keep her around because he knew that she would just comeback to him anyway.

That kind of attitude could cost him his girlfriend.

_________________
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image


Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 869
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc 30: The Present
"in D minor" xD

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:16 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.