2014/09/26 - Meanwhile in America

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Saturn381

Re: 2014/09/26 - Meanwhile in America

Post by Saturn381 »

I like that Other Daryl is talking more and more. :)
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Intake of edibles must be proportional to degree of openness and confidence.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Pretty sure he just knows better than to take the blame for something just because he eats alot
=P

Also: We are defenders of the Night. We are Gargoyles.

I'm just curious if the shift is going to be back to America now... hmm...
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The Other Darryl needs a diet plan. Maybe he should talk to Kevin.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:The Other Darryl needs a diet plan. Maybe he should talk to Kevin.
THAT would be a great arc! :lol:

I can see it now - The Other Daryl wants to impress a girl, so he works out and becomes as fit as Daryl. He then becomes so nervous that he regains all that weight on a binge. :P
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:The Other Darryl needs a diet plan. Maybe he should talk to Kevin.
THAT would be a great arc! :lol:
Which would end with Kevin eating burgers...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anything with more Kevin is fun.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Too much troubles now, the coming back home seemed to be easy... The fat Daryl thinks right. Fire Rock for what? And wow, he thinks, he gives food also to his brain, sometimes! :lol: Great that the demigods did that! It's the best thing to get from your few scruples, Rock... :P Yeah, no passport for Sabrina, Tarot and Bailey to come back home: a bad result of being a demigod's ex-avatar teleported elsewhere. :P Oh, Keene is now having troubles for sure (and probably he was looking for them), but your so looking calm way to deal with them couldn't make them more important that Rock's ones. :P How come Keene is going to the temple meeting gargoyles?
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Hahahahahahahaha :lol:
The life of a French businessman in his office is quite more exciting than you may think. :P
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Hahahahahahahaha :lol:
The life of a French businessman in his office is quite more exciting than you may think. :P
Hmm... Concierge... :lol:
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Ah more closure. Another loose end tied (no footage of a griffin apologizing on 60 Minutes folks). So I guess the gargoyles inherit all of the magical goodies within the temple (they'll probably need it to help them on their quests for new employment).
valerio wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:That is a pretty bad situation. He seems to be pretty calm about it though.
Guess that having Karishad around taught him to make the best use of his cool.
That, or it was the straightjacket. :lol:
Talk about being between Rock and a hard place^^
I get it. :lol:
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

He's rich, he probably has a lot of heavy weapons.
Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho'(though) the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Argent wrote:I don't recall Keene doing anything on behalf of Pete that deserved punishment.
Well, after re-reading the "Temple Crashers" arc, he became Pete's "Minion", to which he gave him a piece of Mana for Keene to figure out what to do with it. Regardless, Kit and Cerb will find out about that and deal with him in some manner.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

herobrineharry wrote:He's rich, he probably has a lot of heavy weapons.
HE IS HEVY WEPONS GUY.
MrBlueSky7 wrote:
Argent wrote:I don't recall Keene doing anything on behalf of Pete that deserved punishment.
Well, after re-reading the "Temple Crashers" arc, he became Pete's "Minion", to which he gave him a piece of Mana for Keene to figure out what to do with it. Regardless, Kit and Cerb will find out about that and deal with him in some manner.
Maybe he ate it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

GK and Cerberus probably already found out about it and the gargoyles coming to life ARE his punishment.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:
Because anything to do with Pete is evil and therefore deserving of punishment??? :| I'm pretty sure that if it was legal for Pete to give Keene the mana, there's no reason why Keene can't use it. ;)
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I'm not saying I want to see the little guy get punished, but I'm just throwing it out there. Also, if he gave him the mana in secrecy, wouldn't it have been bending the rules anyways?
Argent

Post by Argent »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:
By that logic they'd have to punish Sabrina even more. She got all kinds of bennies from Dragon and she wasn't her Avatar.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Argent wrote:
MrBlueSky7 wrote:
By that logic they'd have to punish Sabrina even more. She got all kinds of bennies from Dragon and she wasn't her Avatar.
This can't end well, for some characters at least.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Argent wrote:
MrBlueSky7 wrote:
I think Tarot split her bennies with Sabrina, hence the telepathic link that gave Sabrina a headache when it was severed.
valerio

Post by valerio »

InDaZone1219 wrote:This can't end well, for some characters at least.
It didn't well end already for some of them.
Sabrina lost her dream for a better world, for now. Same for Keene and Tarot.
Rock lost an opportunity to glory -though he isn't the type to let himself down for long.
Pete and Dragon lost their celestial status.

I wonder if right now Bill is trying to murder Keene or he's been told that his dogs were helping the ferrets in the making of a documentary or something.
The icing on the new cake of King's life would be adoption from Bill.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I feel kind of weird with seeing adoptive siblings become a couple. Grapenut was raised together for a couple of years and their parents consider them both their children, and they even act like brother and sister so I would have a hard time seeing how they could get together especially when they act more like siblings.

As for Bill adopting King. No, just no. Bailey would be his sister AND his wife. That just sounds way too screwed up. So if they eventually do have puppies, will they call King "uncle" or "daddy"? How about Bailey being called "mommy" or "aunt". King is fine with the Milton ferrets.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I feel kind of weird with seeing adoptive siblings become a couple. Grapenut was raised together for a couple of years and their parents consider them both their children, and they even act like brother and sister so I would have a hard time seeing how they could get together especially when they act more like siblings.

As for Bill adopting King. No, just no. Bailey would be his sister AND his wife. That just sounds way too screwed up. So if they eventually do have puppies, will they call King "uncle" or "daddy"? How about Bailey being called "mommy" or "aunt". King is fine with the Milton ferrets.
it was discussed before. Living under the same roof does not make pets siblings. That's just a perception *we* have. Heck, not even in legal terms they are considered siblings.
Peanut was to be given a companion so that he'd have someone to relate to, but the pets using 'mom' 'dad' and 'sibling' terms does not imply they actually feel that way. Think of Fido and Sabrina, who see their humans as *owners*. And Bailey calls 'dad' her owner out of a convention, as King remarked once.
Should King and Bailey have puppies under Bill's ownership, they'd probably end up calling Bill 'dad'. That's why in ficcie I use a different term to avoid confusion, but stay assured, pets are not conditioned to consider their owners as actual parents and their housemates as actual siblings.
Grape said it herself, and straight into Peanut's face: He is the bestest friend in the whole world. With smoochies, from time to time.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

dtlux1 wrote:
herobrineharry wrote:
Maybe he ate it.
Keene: Jeeves....I need you for Poop Duty.
Jeeves: Yessur.....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would hate to be Jeeves if he did eat it. Though wasn't he told NOT to eat it?