Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You 
Author Message

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 am
Posts: 37
Images: 0
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
ShadowLightning wrote:
...what just happened to this thread?


It went to Hades in a handbasket.

_________________
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!


Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 2103
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
jrh150482 wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:
...what just happened to this thread?


It went to Hades in a handbasket.


Oh, hardly. It just spun off into a polite exchange of personal views is all.

_________________
The Avatar is Kilo. He's a gentlemouse... "I am indeed, dear boy, and HUKLEY draws me perfectly"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1272
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Silly Zealot wrote:
Even I am not the same
As I was four years ago,
Since then a new, evil Zealot came,
And the older one..... He had to go!

I think the comic's pets
Have the same capacity as any human mind,
But potential alone nothing gets,
That, I know first hand.


I already said it, Obbl, it seems that animals, both in real life- ("You mean in our universe! Because Housepets! is also real! It's just happening on another universe!).
SHADDAP, SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF!

Anyway, animals, both here and in the comic, do indeed seem to have no ambitions to be more than what they already are, and have little to no desire of doing something that will trascend them. Then again, most humans don't care about that either.

Gren wrote:
You know, we live in the same country and more likely in the same city, so I could go to your place and kick your butt if I want to.
And seriously people, stop with all these poems, it's getting on my nerves!

I do not doubt you have the chance to kick my butt,
And, in a few minutes, I'd end up dead,
But it requires far more gut
To do that to Argent instead.

You may think I'm antagonizing the forumites,
But that is not true:
They already hate each other, like wood hates termites,
So, c'mon, don't be so blue! :)

Argent wrote:
There are very few animals that run down their food. Humans, dogs, certain dolphins, and maybe hyenas. I don't know that much about hyenas, just that they have evolved into a very doglike form despite not being related to dogs at all.

And the basic social structures that humans and dogs form, in the absence of high technology and civilization, are not that different. One theory is that the reason that dogs were the first animals to be domesticated was this similarity, that brought dogs and humans into extended contact and helped them work so well together.

Few animals? You forgot lions,
Mongooses, ants, wasps,
Crocodiles, fishes in the millions.
To enumerate all, I should take gasps.

Some animals of different species
Have even been seen working together!
The need for food far reaches,
But gets mitigated by aiding each other.

I see what you did there,
The "hyenas ain't doggies" statement!
Your opinion of me high does not fare,
And that phrase, on offending my world-view is bent!

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Sun May 19, 2013 10:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Lions aren't cursive hunters like humans and dogs. No cats are... they're built for the sprint and the leap, not the marathon.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sun May 19, 2013 10:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 pm
Posts: 354
Location: The magical land of "Tomorrow"
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
jrh150482 wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:
...what just happened to this thread?


It went to Hades in a handbasket.


Oh, hardly. It just spun off into a polite exchange of personal views is all.


Oh... I thought you were having an argument there.

_________________
"I'll leave this spot open until I can think of something meaningful to write here." - Me
Nope, still can't think of anything...
Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...


Sun May 19, 2013 10:37 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 2103
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
ShadowLightning wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:

Oh, hardly. It just spun off into a polite exchange of personal views is all.


Oh... I thought you were having an argument there.


An exchange of views can often seem like an argument. There's no way of measuring temper in the written word without resorting to unwise words.

_________________
The Avatar is Kilo. He's a gentlemouse... "I am indeed, dear boy, and HUKLEY draws me perfectly"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Sun May 19, 2013 10:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 654
Location: Traveling between multiple universe. I ether on cybertron or comicron 1
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
jrh150482 wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:
...what just happened to this thread?


It went to Hades in a handbasket.


Oh, hardly. It just spun off into a polite exchange of personal views is all.

Now I'm reminded of the end of the Easter arc. "any year without causilties is a good year," indeed.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Sun May 19, 2013 10:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
ShadowLightning wrote:
Oh... I thought you were having an argument there.
This isn't an argument, this is getting hit on the head lessons. Argument is next door.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sun May 19, 2013 11:17 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 2103
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Argent wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:
Oh... I thought you were having an argument there.
This isn't an argument, this is getting hit on the head lessons. Argument is next door.


There's no point in arguing on the internet unless you're good enough at it that reading your words changes minds. You can stress your words far more effectively in talk (and interrupt). So I never argue on the Net, I offer a discussion.

_________________
The Avatar is Kilo. He's a gentlemouse... "I am indeed, dear boy, and HUKLEY draws me perfectly"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Sun May 19, 2013 11:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1272
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
I find myself astonished
By a certain word in this strip.
"Patos" means "Ducks" in spanish,
I suppose that word means the same in greek?

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
There's no way of measuring temper in the written word without resorting to unwise words.

Or emoticons, for that matter.

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Sun May 19, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 954
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Pathos: A quality that evokes pity or sadness. ;)

_________________
Image


Sun May 19, 2013 12:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1272
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Much appreciated, Obbl. :lol:

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Sun May 19, 2013 12:25 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16528
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Argent wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:
Oh... I thought you were having an argument there.
This isn't an argument, this is getting hit on the head lessons. Argument is next door.

though be warned, the argument's mostly just contradiction.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun May 19, 2013 1:54 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Argent wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:
Oh... I thought you were having an argument there.
This isn't an argument, this is getting hit on the head lessons. Argument is next door.
though be warned, the argument's mostly just contradiction.
No it's not!

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sun May 19, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Posts: 306
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
ShadowLightning wrote:
...what just happened to this thread?

From my time with the comic, I've learned that just about anything regarding King will become unbelievably complicated with fans. After a certain time, I just browse through the specific threads instead of reading through everything like I normally do.

_________________
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.


Sun May 19, 2013 2:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 am
Posts: 1326
Images: 7
Location: Switzerland
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
jrh150482 wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:
...what just happened to this thread?


It went to Hades in a handbasket.


Oh, hardly. It just spun off into a polite exchange of personal views is all.


Or to quote King: "I don't know. The seriousness is getting to me" :D

_________________
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
I'm on dA now: http://hukley.deviantart.com/
“We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” (Calvin & Hobbes)
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
Image


Sun May 19, 2013 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3718
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Humorously, I keep telling myself someday Joel will return to normal because, let's face it ~ After all the shows and comics i read, i somewhat expect it to happen. It's like an obvious thing that will happen and you convince yourself that it's going to happen someday because you seen it happen so many times. Cartoons being a prime example.

Doens't stop the fact that Joel mightbe brought up someday. Would be humorous that Joel somehow became an urban legend on Housepets someday.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ImageImage


Sun May 19, 2013 2:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
If this was an anime then King would get turned into Joel for sure.

Probably when he takes a bath.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sun May 19, 2013 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Kansas
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
But then his life is ruined once again.

_________________
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D


Sun May 19, 2013 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Nah, because in Corgi ½ people would never associate King's disappearance with Joel's reapparance. It would always happen dramatically out of sight, and there would always be a handy kettle or hot tub to put him right.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sun May 19, 2013 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1079
Location: Argentina
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Argent wrote:
Dogs in this world, no. Dogs in this world don't have technology, and humans who also have little technology hunt very much like dogs. There are very few animals that run down their food. Humans, dogs, certain dolphins, and maybe hyenas. I don't know that much about hyenas, just that they have evolved into a very doglike form despite not being related to dogs at all.

And the basic social structures that humans and dogs form, in the absence of high technology and civilization, are not that different. One theory is that the reason that dogs were the first animals to be domesticated was this similarity, that brought dogs and humans into extended contact and helped them work so well together.


You don't even got what I said. However, no matter what I say you'll never stop thinking the same way, so keep believing.
Humans were always omnivorous, they also eat fruits, insects, fish, etc. And when they hunt, the technique par excellence of human hunter was always the traps. They also resorted to camouflage and wait for the right moment to attack, something more typical from felines. Also the utilization of poison extracted from insects, toads or serpents. Besides, humans were always particularly recognized for their independence, the capability of doing whatever they want (and that includes hunting) without depending of the others members of society (something rarely seen in canines but more likely on tigers or other primates).

Quote:
The dogs in HP! world, the ones with thumbs and a bipedal stance, do have brains like humans. That's the point.

You weren't referring to HP! back then, but whatever...

Quote:
So does Earl Sandwich. It drives Jill crazy.

Make jokes about family naming conventions is surely the vivid representation of behave like a child it seems. :?
Besides, as I said before, Fido may try to look responsible because he's the leader of the community, but he still having that inner kid and that's why we've seen him doing things that probably King would never do. And we have seen Bailey being as oblivious as Sasha a few times.

Quote:
I didn't get the impression that he was that unusual for a Japanese animal. Keene, however, is quite unusual, even among his fellow ferrets. And not all his schemes are based on Mr. Milton's wishes, that just seems to be his nature.


I don't know, but I didn't see too much tanukis on the comic so I can't confirm it, but it's more likely that he's unique and that's why ended up where he is now.
Keene is a normal pet with a lot of cash, just give that to whatever other character and it wouldn't be too different.

Quote:
By that logic, so should I. By your logic, I should be able to read a dozen books in a weekend. I read a *lot*, and I'm considered a fast reader.


So you had read an entire library too? you're amazing, man!!

Quote:
The point is, there's no evidence that he's got any mental deficit compared to a human. On the contrary, he's smarter than many.


I never said that he have any mental issue, and I'm sure he's smarter than many other pets but his intellectual level still remains below than human's level.

D-Rock wrote:
From my time with the comic, I've learned that just about anything regarding King will become unbelievably complicated with fans. After a certain time, I just browse through the specific threads instead of reading through everything like I normally do.


You know, it's due to some stupid fanboys the reason of why I began to like King less and less by every strip.

GameCobra wrote:
Humorously, I keep telling myself someday Joel will return to normal because, let's face it ~ After all the shows and comics i read, i somewhat expect it to happen. It's like an obvious thing that will happen and you convince yourself that it's going to happen someday because you seen it happen so many times. Cartoons being a prime example.

Doens't stop the fact that Joel mightbe brought up someday. Would be humorous that Joel somehow became an urban legend on Housepets someday.


I'm telling you, use resignation as a way to complain is really annoying (and you do this a lot, specially when Grapenut/Grapewell is involved).

Argent wrote:
Nah, because in Corgi ½ people would never associate King's disappearance with Joel's reapparance. It would always happen dramatically out of sight, and there would always be a handy kettle or hot tub to put him right.


Yeah, keep mocking about this, but if this ever happens and Joel returns to be human again, don't come crying like a baby as a lot of people always do in this kind of situations.

_________________
ImageImage


Sun May 19, 2013 4:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 2103
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
I'm nearly 40 and I write creative fiction to enjoy myself. I'd say that probably means I have some childishness still in me and I want it to stay. Anyway, I'm tipping my avatars' hat and offering you a handshake before I withdraw from this discussion, Gren. It's been interesting. Other peoples opinions always are.

_________________
The Avatar is Kilo. He's a gentlemouse... "I am indeed, dear boy, and HUKLEY draws me perfectly"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Sun May 19, 2013 5:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Gren wrote:
You don't even got what I said. However, no matter what I say you'll never stop thinking the same way, so keep believing.
Yeh, I get what you said. I just don't think you're that well read on hominids and pre-technological humans.


Quote:
Quote:
The dogs in HP! world, the ones with thumbs and a bipedal stance, do have brains like humans. That's the point.

You weren't referring to HP! back then, but whatever...
I was contrasting our dogs with HP! dogs.

Quote:
Quote:
So does Earl Sandwich. It drives Jill crazy.

Make jokes about family naming conventions is surely the vivid representation of behave like a child it seems.
That's not even the start of it. There's been other examples, like the snowball incident. Humans have inner kids too, they just are forced to take on responsibilities that make them bury it. The ones who don't are denigrated as "Peter Pans", but that's a social construct, not a fundamental part of what it means to be human.

Quote:
I don't know, but I didn't see too much tanukis on the comic so I can't confirm it, but it's more likely that he's unique and that's why ended up where he is now.
Read the Itsuki arc again. The thing that makes him different is due to the way animals are treated in Japan.

Image

Tanuki are Japanese citizens. He's a prodigy because he's Japanese. OK, it's a bit racist, in the self-directed way many Americans apply it, but there's no indication that he's that different from other animals that happen to be Japanese citizens.

Quote:
Keene is a normal pet with a lot of cash, just give that to whatever other character and it wouldn't be too different.
The other ferrets aren't little furry David Xanatoses.

Though given the stated ages of some of the ferrets, they seem more adult than humans of the same age.

Quote:
So you had read an entire library too? you're amazing, man!!
No, because I can't read that fast. It's not for want of trying, but I only managed to finish off all the Science Fiction in three local libraries, other fiction never really interested me.

Being able to read like that is an intellectual skill, and generally associated with other skills. It's an indication of high intelligence:

Quote:
I never said that he have any mental issue, and I'm sure he's smarter than many other pets but his intellectual level still remains below than human's level.
He's smarter than many humans. He doesn't have a mental deficit compared to [i]humans[/]. Seriously.

Which is one of the places the whole Fridge Horror implicit in the whole creepy HousePets! world rears its head. Not just the whole Carnivore Confusion, and the Down on the Farm arc, but the way fully self aware creatures are treated worse than slaves. The creepiness in the backstory as a whole makes "King and Bailey" a non-issue.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sun May 19, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 654
Location: Traveling between multiple universe. I ether on cybertron or comicron 1
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Argent wrote:
Quote:
I never said that he have any mental issue, and I'm sure he's smarter than many other pets but his intellectual level still remains below than human's level.
He's smarter than many humans. He doesn't have a mental deficit compared to [i]humans[/]. Seriously.

Which is one of the places the whole Fridge Horror implicit in the whole creepy HousePets! world rears its head. Not just the whole Carnivore Confusion, and the Down on the Farm arc, but the way fully self aware creatures are treated worse than slaves. The creepiness in the backstory as a whole makes "King and Bailey" a non-issue.

Peanuts probably smarter than a lot of the people on this forum, probably including me. Also I just finished reading about the civil war in my u.s. history class and yea the pets in the comic are treated MUCH better than slaves were. But I get your point. It gives me a headache trying to figure out how screwed up the politics must be for creatures that are just as smart as humans get treated this way and even more so for the pets to be okay with it. I hate to say it but maybe that fat PETA guy wasn't entirely wrong.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Sun May 19, 2013 6:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Legotron123 wrote:
I just finished reading about the civil war in my u.s. history class and yea the pets in the comic are treated MUCH better than slaves were.
We only see the pets in Babylon Gardens and vicinity. We know that predators have no qualms about eating other intelligent species. It's implied that even cows are capable of understanding language, and there's "what chicken". Now think about battery hens and veal calves. It's super creepy.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sun May 19, 2013 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 954
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Gren wrote:
I never said that he have any mental issue, and I'm sure he's smarter than many other pets but his intellectual level still remains below than human's level.
Um... I'd put Peanut about on the level of any other 15 year old human (which is approximately what we use as his pet age assuming he is 5 years old).

Gren wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Humorously, I keep telling myself someday Joel will return to normal because, let's face it ~ After all the shows and comics i read, i somewhat expect it to happen. It's like an obvious thing that will happen and you convince yourself that it's going to happen someday because you seen it happen so many times. Cartoons being a prime example.

Doens't stop the fact that Joel mightbe brought up someday. Would be humorous that Joel somehow became an urban legend on Housepets someday.


I'm telling you, use resignation as a way to complain is really annoying (and you do this a lot, specially when Grapenut/Grapewell is involved).
You appear to be misreading this statement. There is no complaint here.

Gren wrote:
Argent wrote:
Nah, because in Corgi ½ people would never associate King's disappearance with Joel's reapparance. It would always happen dramatically out of sight, and there would always be a handy kettle or hot tub to put him right.


Yeah, keep mocking about this, but if this ever happens and Joel returns to be human again, don't come crying like a baby as a lot of people always do in this kind of situations.
You missed the reference to Ranma ½ here, which is what Argent is poking fun at.
But if your anger at others who want Joel to remain King stems from the fact that if he does change back they might start crying about it, you may be ruining this for yourself rather than others ruining for you. People are allowed to hope for the outcome they like best. To get mad at people for hoping is only going to cause you grief.
When people start saying the comic's about to go grim dark or calling Cerberus Syndrome or whatever, they're showing a lack of faith in Rick which is unfounded. When people hope that King remains the way he is, they're being normal readers invested in a story they like. A good story will always have invested readers. You yourself have outcomes that you hope for. It's human nature.
Also, Argent is a rather emotionally mature individual so far as I've seen. I doubt he would randomly start crying like a baby just because Rick changed King back to Joel. Even if that isn't his preferred outcome, I believe he'd be willing to see what Rick did with it before deciding if he liked it or not. I can actually count on my fingers the number of people who have whined about an arc before it was over (on the forums, I'd need my toes to keep up with the commenters below the comic). It's actually a smaller group than you seem to be thinking.

_________________
Image


Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 pm
Profile
Milk
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7750
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Guys, chill out. There's no reason to make this discussion personal. We expect you to treat one another with respect and civility. Among other things, this means you may not insult, abuse, belittle, or otherwise demean another member. That includes, to alleviate any uncertainty, calling users you disagree with crybabies.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Posts: 306
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Has the forum ever been this heated? I mean, I'm relatively new here, and I did not expect most of page two and three to deal with a lot of character examination this deep with so many different viewpoints.

_________________
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.


Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 954
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Very rarely, fortunately. I like deep character discussion on the off occasion, but I also prefer keeping things neutral and academic as much as possible. The heated tones make good discussion difficult. :?

_________________
Image


Sun May 19, 2013 10:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:40 pm
Posts: 245
Location: In my skin, in my house/car/dorm, in Wisconsin, U.S.A
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Argent wrote:
If this was an anime then King would get turned into Joel for sure.

Probably when he takes a bath.


Ooh, vary sad storee about that pool...
Would he change back in cold water, or would the change be permanent?
Maybe his hair would suddenly turn into a spiky yellow afro *over 9000* millimeters long? XD :-p

_________________
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...


Sun May 19, 2013 11:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1272
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
TheOne wrote:
Ooh, vary sad storee about that pool...
Would he change back in cold water, or would the change be permanent?

He already said it's gonna be Corgi 1/2 , so he will change back and forth depending on water temperature (on that note, may God help him if it's warm or cool, instead of hot or cold).

Obbl wrote:
The heated tones make good discussion difficult.

Absolutely! It's really hard to put on a good argument when you are busy screaming "AAAH, FIRE! OH, (censored), I'M ON FIRE! GRAAAAAHHH!"

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Mon May 20, 2013 2:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Warning: data dump! Beware of falling libraries!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... e-science/
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/05/dogs ... n-action2/
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/ideas-inn ... 83131.html
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... g-together
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cursorial_hunting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting

This is what I'm talking about. The similarities between humans and canines are an example of convergent evolution, and it started well before the self-domestication of the dog: humans and dogs are both evolved to run at a steady pace for long distances, something that few animals will willingly do, because that was a core hunting strategy for the ancestral populations.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Mon May 20, 2013 3:29 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1272
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Would it have kill you to give us doggie people, Charles?

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Mon May 20, 2013 5:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Who's Charles?

And now I want to see some "Corgi ½" strips.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 am
Posts: 1326
Images: 7
Location: Switzerland
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Argent wrote:
Who's Charles?



Charles Darwin? (and his theory of Evolution)

_________________
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
I'm on dA now: http://hukley.deviantart.com/
“We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” (Calvin & Hobbes)
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
Image


Mon May 20, 2013 11:00 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2427
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Also I have done some more research and Hyenas are indeed cursorial hunters.

Sorry, you don't get doggy people from convergent evolution, you get doglike mongooses.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Mon May 20, 2013 11:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1272
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Ayup, I was indeed talking about Charles Robert Darwin, god of evolution, who attained his title after defeating his grandfather, Erasmus Darwin.

And I don't care if he doesn't want to give me talking doggies, I'm still to find a need I couldn't sate with enough sacrifices!

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Mon May 20, 2013 6:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3718
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
Gren wrote:

I'm telling you, use resignation as a way to complain is really annoying (and you do this a lot, specially when Grapenut/Grapewell is involved.)


although I wish I could've replied to this post long ago, I just want to point out I'm humble. The resignations I made in my life are counted on one hand, so it's not like a bad habit for me. I like to look at things equally and I admittedly get a little defensive with the whole romance thing going on with Grape and Max, but I only started doing that initially because it's very easy for someone in my opinion to change face when there's alot of things fans want. Thankfully, I stopped being so worried once the comic got older and I began to stop being so defensive about it.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ImageImage


Mon May 20, 2013 7:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1079
Location: Argentina
Post Re: 2013/05/17 - The Reason Is You
GameCobra wrote:
Gren wrote:

I'm telling you, use resignation as a way to complain is really annoying (and you do this a lot, specially when Grapenut/Grapewell is involved.)


although I wish I could've replied to this post long ago, I just want to point out I'm humble. The resignations I made in my life are counted on one hand, so it's not like a bad habit for me. I like to look at things equally and I admittedly get a little defensive with the whole romance thing going on with Grape and Max, but I only started doing that initially because it's very easy for someone in my opinion to change face when there's alot of things fans want. Thankfully, I stopped being so worried once the comic got older and I began to stop being so defensive about it.


Oh don't get me wrong, I am neutral about everything of the comic and I don't have anything against you, but as you can see, I'm a bit temperamental, and when people starts complaining about everything it gets on my nerves!
I think you shouldn't resign about anything because nothing is carved in stone yet. Hope is the last thing you should lose. ;)

_________________
ImageImage


Tue May 21, 2013 11:56 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.