#arc 67 Love and War

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
xhunterko

Re: #arc 67 Love and War

Post by xhunterko »

At this point. I would be completely unsurprised, if, just out of spite, Fox would hook up with a cat.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:At this point. I would be completely unsurprised, if, just out of spite, Fox would hook up with a cat.
...And he starts to think that Sabrina is such a cool, smart and sensible feline... Also, she's not hanging with anyone else, right?
Right?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hey Sabrina, you seeing anyone? Ummmmmmmmm.
shadowlord325

Post by shadowlord325 »

I understand that Fox deserved something, but not this. I will say that Sasha going with someone else was deserved, but not the 'insult to injury' strip that followed.
I regret to inform you guys of Bino's plan.
This arc does imply that both Fox and Bino did plan something in this manner. Bino should have at least told Fox that he found someone else. If that happened, all of this could have been avoided.
valerio wrote:If anything's gonna come out of this arc, it will be in due time. I can think only this, because otherwise it was just a useless plot made to break Fox with no reason whatsoever.
I must agree with you on this one. There is no way this is going to happen without some form of resolution in the end. In the end, Fox may get a girl, get the girl, or, at least reconcile with Bino over this affair and get over it. The third scenario is most likely, given his nature, unless something from this arc changed it.

Furthermore, in the long run, anything is certain. Again, what will come out of these relationships is uncertain, until future arcs cover it.
Last edited by shadowlord325 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

xhunterko wrote:At this point. I would be completely unsurprised, if, just out of spite, Fox would hook up with a cat.
I don't see that happening.

Apart from Daisy, who's completely out of the question, I think there's two (probably) unattached female canids left in the area, and one's been completely off-screen. That wolf girl at the zoo, and the actress Saucy Fox.

Edit: I could see humorous shenanigans as Fox decides to try online dating, and Saucy gets confused by his name.
Last edited by Argent on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I doubt Sabrina would be game for that, so that will avoid any potential insecurities.

But when's the last time we've had a new feline character? :3
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Argent wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
shadowlord325 wrote:will he become next-in-line as Pete's avatar
oh jeez, you're right. this kinda puts him in the running for that, doesn't it?
(!)

(!)

Oh boy, I can see King's newfound loyalty to Fox making him go to Pete, "no, no, don't do this to Fox, I'll be your avatar."

"Sorry, Joel, too late, you're too late. You get Bailey, I get Fox..."

(corgi explodes)
I fear that this may be seen in the future.

The explosion is HOPEFULLY not physical, but only emotional.

--

I can nearly hear, what sound Fox makes in the last panel. *eeaaarkkkhhh* :D
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Well, in the real life you don't always end with the person you like. I feel sorry for Fox, but I think that Kevin and Sasha will be happy together (I just hope Sasha doesn't cheat on Kevin, becuse if she does, then I'll stop liking her).
As for Bino, I thought he would end up with Dutchess sooner or later. I just wnt to see Bino's face when he discovers that Dutchess wanted King before him.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Argent

Post by Argent »

angelusbr wrote:Well, in the real life you don't always end with the person you like. I feel sorry for Fox, but I think that Kevin and Sasha will be happy together (I just hope Sasha doesn't cheat on Kevin, becuse if she does, then I'll stop liking her).
I don't know if you can call it cheating: is it cheating if you're not playing the game? I'm not sure that Sasha's even aware there is a game.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Argent wrote:
angelusbr wrote:Well, in the real life you don't always end with the person you like. I feel sorry for Fox, but I think that Kevin and Sasha will be happy together (I just hope Sasha doesn't cheat on Kevin, becuse if she does, then I'll stop liking her).
I don't know if you can call it cheating: is it cheating if you're not playing the game? I'm not sure that Sasha's even aware there is a game.
So Sasha isn't aware that relationships aren't something serious?
Well, Bailey did say humans don't take animal marriage seriously.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Argent

Post by Argent »

angelusbr wrote: So Sasha isn't aware that relationships aren't something serious?
[assuming I'm interpreting what you intended with this slightly confusing comment correctly]

She doesn't seem to. Look at this for example.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah Sasha doesn't really understand the whole "relationship" thing.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

It took Bino five years to use Sash-y, and TWO weeks to start with Duchiepoo.
At least, this seems serious from is side
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Sleet wrote:Yeah Sasha doesn't really understand the whole "relationship" thing.
If that's the case, then she'll only hurt any guy who dates her.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm predicting in ten years that Bino and Sasha will have dated every dog out there.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
valerio

Post by valerio »

I highly doubt Fox will accept dating Bino.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Sleet wrote:Yeah Sasha doesn't really understand the whole "relationship" thing.
I think is a bit unfair say the only one who takes this things lightly is Sasha, because I don't remember any other animal couple getting serious in any part of the whole comic. You'd have to remember they are pets, not humans, so it's normal if they don't want to imitate them all the time. This is one of the reasons why is so difficult to King to be a dog. They are not always serious, they are not always logical, they can't stop and think in the future and the consequences of their actions. No, they just live the moment, and more than one character said it so far.

It's probably the opinion of Duchess about relationships and all that stuff is also the same that most part of the pets have.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/02/ ... o-romance/
ImageImage
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Well, this has to be the best storytelling I've seen since "Imaginate, Too". I give it a B+ to A-. It's not higher because it ended rather abruptly, IMO.

Basically, Sasha and Bino's relationship has gone almost NOWHERE from day 1. All he does is act jealous, and/or regift. She deserved better, and she got it. Shippers, I apologize for earlier statements: I'm getting hooked on the thought or her and Kevin. :) I LOVE this pairing! :D This could be the prelude to her having a sweet protector.

And of course, there's Rita Repulsa and Lord Zed, er, I mean, Natasha and Boris............... agh! Duchess and Bino, rather. Never did two dogs so royally deserve each other. He'll annoy her, she'll impose her will on him. PERFECT. Additionally, if this doesn't prove that Bino doesn't care about Sasha, nothing will. Why would they keep making up and breaking up? This is Housepets, not Jersey Shore.

Finally, we got to see into Fox's heart a bit. He doesn't believe in abandoning friends, but now, this has tried that philosophy. He cares a LOT, and doesn't like to make things permanent when he hurts someone. I'm worried for him, though, as he might go crazy (but that would cast a dark shadow on the comic, and Rick hasn't done that SERIOUSLY yet). :? I can't WAIT to see where his character might go when he learns the truth about King. (No, literally, I can't wait. :shock: It's been a few years now, and I'm still disappointed that that story and the watch have kind of fallen by the wayside. :( )

So, unless there is permanent damage/breaking to Fox's character, I don't hate Rick. In fact, this was a good one. Bravo, Rick, bravo. :)

P.S.: If King had to make a Sophie's Choice between Fox and Bailey because of Pete, I'D be the one exploding. Besides which: Pete is forbidden to do anything more to King. Doing something to Fox or Bailey that affects King would be doing something to King. Otherwise, this universe's heaven and its rules could be seen as ineffective and broken.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gren wrote: I think is a bit unfair say the only one who takes this things lightly is Sasha, because I don't remember any other animal couple getting serious in any part of the whole comic.
I don't know what you mean by serious, look how freaked out Fido got when she skipped her date with Bino.

If the other couples are "not serious"... Sasha is almost blind to the possibility of a relationship.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Argent wrote:
Gren wrote: I think is a bit unfair say the only one who takes this things lightly is Sasha, because I don't remember any other animal couple getting serious in any part of the whole comic.
I don't know what you mean by serious, look how freaked out Fido got when she skipped her date with Bino.

If the other couples are "not serious"... Sasha is almost blind to the possibility of a relationship.
When I said "serious" I mean their relationships didn't seems any different from a high school romance. Of course they have dates, anniversaries and blah blah blah. But the point is they didn't act like mature people in a relationship. They just hang out, boast of their boyfriends/girlfriends with their friends, and maybe a bit of make out out of scene, but anything else. As far as I'm concerned, one day they could be dating with someone and the next day he/she will shows up with another one.
And for what you said about Fido, just because he wants to be loyal to his girlfriend it doesn't mean he is being serious. Come on, I can't consider serious someone who hides his relationship to the entire world and meets with his girlfriend in secrets places. They are just like the typical secret romance of the class. (Besides, he is "Fido", even his name means "Loyal", you know).
If I remember correctly, from all the moments between all the couples they been together, I think the most mature scene of this matter was this (and COME ON, IT'S PEANUT, AND TAROT, seriously I can't believe they're becoming the mainstream on how a couple have to be).

However, it's not like I am complaining about this (in fact I didn't care almost XD), just telling you what is the truth about relationships between pets in this comic so far. Then I think you shouldn't think that bad of Sasha, because I think practically all the characters are a bit oblivious in this matter (at least for now).
ImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Well this arc was a pretty fun ride and I can't wait to see who appears in the one-offs. Also maybe it's just me, but I still don't get why Rick said we would hate him for this.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

These faces are epic here, especially Fox's face in the last panel. You can just tell that that is the moment his mind broke.

I loved this arc! Fox finally got some huge development as a character and can soon become more of a main character. Also, maybe he can find peace with new friends and good friends! Seems like he is like a secondary unofficial head outside of Fido and Bino at the GODC anyway.

Well, seems Bino will be less..... Bino, now that he has Duchess, and will get a taste of what it was like for Sasha when she was with him. :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Duster

Post by Duster »

copper wrote:These faces are epic here, especially Fox's face in the last panel. You can just tell that that is the moment his mind broke.

I loved this arc! Fox finally got some huge development as a character and can soon become more of a main character. Also, maybe he can find peace with new friends and good friends! Seems like he is like a secondary unofficial head outside of Fido and Bino at the GODC anyway.

Well, seems Bino will be less..... Bino, now that he has Duchess, and will get a taste of what it was like for Sasha when she was with him. :roll:
Gotta say that I too am glad that Fox finally had some real development of his own, even though he had to go through some craziness to do so. (growing pains, am I right?)

I agree with everything you've said except for the part where you assumed that Bino would be less Bino than usually.
I disagree, right now we are simply being exposed to just another interesting facet of Bino's multiple personalities!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Saturn381 wrote:Well this arc was a pretty fun ride and I can't wait to see who appears in the one-offs. Also maybe it's just me, but I still don't get why Rick said we would hate him for this.
Because Fox got all the hurt in the process. :cry:
Better he learns something from this experience and stop being Bino's lackey!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

valerio wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:Well this arc was a pretty fun ride and I can't wait to see who appears in the one-offs. Also maybe it's just me, but I still don't get why Rick said we would hate him for this.
Because Fox got all the hurt in the process. :cry:
Better he learns something from this experience and stop being Bino's lackey!
I'm sure he has, heck maybe he'll leave the Good Old Dogs club and even get a girlfriend in the process. (who knows, maybe even a certain cat waitress ;) )

Besides, the only way Rick would make me hate him is if he had either Peanut or Grape act like jerks with Peanut saying something like "Being a cat lover is gross." or Grape teasing about dogs (Peanut included) to impress Max and other cats in the neighborhood, unless of course Peanut was forced to say something like that and regretted it afterwards and in Grape's case Peanut overhears, gets upset, and Grape finds out he overheard and tries to apologies. But I doubt Rick would do something like that.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah that would be out of character. If they said something like that, there'd be more to the story than meets the eye.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Rick has good experience with the fandom both obsessively shipping characters and reacting very strongly to plot twists in regards to relationships.

We're rather naturally inclined to freak out about these things.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I, for one, would find it near impossible to hate our beloved author <3

Then suddenly, he just breaks-up Max, Grape, Tarot and Peanut for his amusement. *Goes on a journey to mastermind a movie titled "Kick Rick"*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
valerio

Post by valerio »

Teh Brawler wrote:Rick has good experience with the fandom both obsessively shipping characters and reacting very strongly to plot twists in regards to relationships.

We're rather naturally inclined to freak out about these things.
It's the sign of our devotion to his work.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Okay, so I mentioned Devo to my mom and she brought up a good question... Is he a Whippet?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yes, I do believe he is. :lol:
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Well, this has to be the best storytelling I've seen since "Imaginate, Too". I give it a B+ to A-. It's not higher because it ended rather abruptly, IMO.

Basically, Sasha and Bino's relationship has gone almost NOWHERE from day 1. All he does is act jealous, and/or regift. She deserved better, and she got it. Shippers, I apologize for earlier statements: I'm getting hooked on the thought or her and Kevin. :) I LOVE this pairing! :D This could be the prelude to her having a sweet protector.

And of course, there's Rita Repulsa and Lord Zed, er, I mean, Natasha and Boris............... agh! Duchess and Bino, rather. Never did two dogs so royally deserve each other. He'll annoy her, she'll impose her will on him. PERFECT. Additionally, if this doesn't prove that Bino doesn't care about Sasha, nothing will. Why would they keep making up and breaking up? This is Housepets, not Jersey Shore.

Finally, we got to see into Fox's heart a bit. He doesn't believe in abandoning friends, but now, this has tried that philosophy. He cares a LOT, and doesn't like to make things permanent when he hurts someone. I'm worried for him, though, as he might go crazy (but that would cast a dark shadow on the comic, and Rick hasn't done that SERIOUSLY yet). :? I can't WAIT to see where his character might go when he learns the truth about King. (No, literally, I can't wait. :shock: It's been a few years now, and I'm still disappointed that that story and the watch have kind of fallen by the wayside. :( )

So, unless there is permanent damage/breaking to Fox's character, I don't hate Rick. In fact, this was a good one. Bravo, Rick, bravo. :)

P.S.: If King had to make a Sophie's Choice between Fox and Bailey because of Pete, I'D be the one exploding. Besides which: Pete is forbidden to do anything more to King. Doing something to Fox or Bailey that affects King would be doing something to King. Otherwise, this universe's heaven and its rules could be seen as ineffective and broken.
Really? The best? :? All right....

I don't really see it, I wish you'd explain it a little better....

:lol: THAT was good. *high fives* :D I hope we see as little of them as possible.

Why would you be worried about that? Remember the tone of this comic. (I finally agree with you. Sabrina should NOT have said "a few days.")

Which there isn't, so you don't. :)
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Liam

Post by Liam »

I, for one, am just glad nobody ended up in a ditch.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Liam wrote:I, for one, am just glad nobody ended up in a ditch.
Bino is dating Duchess. Who's to say that can't still happen?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

i agree with sleet , despite how well they look together , i can't shake the feeling that duchess is only using bino as her boyfriend until something like the end of the next valentine show for some reason , still kinda doubt myself at the same time though...
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Sleet wrote:
Remember, when he first saw her, he said "I think I'm in love." Even though she insulted him.

Between that and allowing GOD club members to beat him up, he may have a masochist streak. :P
Argent

Post by Argent »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Okay, so I mentioned Devo to my mom and she brought up a good question... Is he a Whippet?
Obbl wrote:Yes, I do believe he is. :lol:
Rick verified that in the comments.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Kitch wrote:
Sleet wrote:
Remember, when he first saw her, he said "I think I'm in love." Even though she insulted him.

Between that and allowing GOD club members to beat him up, he may have a masochist streak. :P
okay new fan theory

everyone in the Good Dog's Club is an avatar for some deity
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
valerio

Post by valerio »

Teh Brawler wrote:okay new fan theory

everyone in the Good Dog's Club is an avatar for some deity
The GOD Club is a branch of Heaven.
And Pete is the CEO
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Teh Brawler wrote:everyone in the Good Dog's Club is an avatar for some deity
Would be better suited for Wild Mass Guessing thread we have just below.