#arc 67 Love and War

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Roarin

Re: #arc 67 Love and War

Post by Roarin »

Yes! Fox is officially disillusioned!
Three cheers! Hip hip hooray!

Wonder how it'll effect his and Bino's friendship though...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:Yes! Fox is officially disillusioned!

Well, since Fox has officially taken a decision, that is not going to be too much of a problem to him. He knows what he wants and he's going to play the game, whatever the consequences.
Gren wrote:I don't know why some people think Fox is Jesus in canine form ¬¬

Remember he can be a bully sometimes, and he's always doing things against his own conscience.
He's been a bully when he was a pup, and he WAY changed since then.
True, he's been acting like a jerk to Peanut, AND he came to King's rescue only at the last moment when Bino threatened to break King's watch/soul, BUT...
1) Fox has stated he went along with Bino out of his own loyalty principles. That didn't prevent him from beating up Bino for being a total bully to King
2) Fox has kept being King's best friend even when that caused friction with Bino
3) This is the first time ever that, at last, Fox decided both to do something constructive with his life AND for Sasha's sake. So yes, Jesus with a Fur he may be not, but he's the nicest guy around together with Peanut.
Last edited by valerio on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
xomin

Post by xomin »

valerio wrote:
Roarin wrote:Yes! Fox is officially disillusioned!

Well, since Fox has officially taken a decision, that is not going to be too much of a problem to him. He knows what he wants and he's going to play the game, whatever the consequences.
What I'm wondering is why it took him so long to get there.
valerio

Post by valerio »

he's never been in love before :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Fox is, like real people, morally complex. He's not always good, he's not always bad, and above all else he's always a dog. Loyalty is important for him, which is why he does bad things like join in on bullying as well as good things like caring about hurting his friend.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
shadowlord325

Post by shadowlord325 »

Sleet wrote:Fox is, like real people, morally complex. He's not always good, he's not always bad, and above all else he's always a dog. Loyalty is important for him, which is why he does bad things like join in on bullying as well as good things like caring about hurting his friend.
The thing is, I don't think his friend will be hurt, as she is predicted to go back with him at the end of this, thus hurting Fox.

By the way, are those just illusions, or did they actually say those things?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Yes.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

panel 2 is a fantasy, panel 3 is a memory. At least that's how I read it.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Interesting. All this time, his dog tags weren't actually attached to his collar. :P

I recall valerio last time Fox was "naked" saying he looked sassy. x3
valerio

Post by valerio »

Kitch wrote:Interesting. All this time, his dog tags weren't actually attached to his collar. :P

I recall valerio last time Fox was "naked" saying he looked sassy. x3
even moreso, with only the dog tags on :D
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Cover for year 5: "Housepets in Love", with King and Bailey, and Fox and Sasha. :3

Maybe one side show King proposing to Bailey. On the other Sasha kissing Fox's cheek.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:panel 2 is a fantasy, panel 3 is a memory. At least that's how I read it.
I kinda thought both happened, because Sasha apparently doesn't have a dog house in the second panel.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Otaku-Boy wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:panel 2 is a fantasy, panel 3 is a memory. At least that's how I read it.
I kinda thought both happened, because Sasha apparently doesn't have a dog house in the second panel.
Sasha DOES have her own doghouse, in the woods. King built it for her, so even the panorama in Fox's fantasy fits.
And as for the Bino fantasy, that's quite likable to have happened -and more than once.
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote:True, he's been acting like a jerk to Peanut, AND he came to King's rescue only at the last moment when Bino threatened to break King's watch/soul, BUT...
Let's see.
I remember Fox being a bully to Peanut during the Game drama, calling him a "Total Felinophile".
Some time later we see him asking Peanut to take care of his Secret Santa Gift during his absence. How sweet. Asking a so called Felinophile to do that rather his close buddies. Maybe Fox is not such bad dog at all?
But then, we have the situation when he along with Bino and Rex gank up at Peanut again, making fun of him as he read "Pridelands" a book series popular among cats. Well, guess the Santa Gift thing has been forgotten quickly...
Oh, and the situation where he borrowed Peanut books. He just had to pick on him for "Dune".

So... he's not such an angel at all :) And that makes him an interesting, comedic character.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Karlos wrote:
valerio wrote:True, he's been acting like a jerk to Peanut, AND he came to King's rescue only at the last moment when Bino threatened to break King's watch/soul, BUT...
Let's see.
I remember Fox being a bully to Peanut during the Game drama, calling him a "Total Felinophile".
Some time later we see him asking Peanut to take care of his Secret Santa Gift during his absence. How sweet. Asking a so called Felinophile to do that rather his close buddies. Maybe Fox is not such bad dog at all?
But then, we have the situation when he along with Bino and Rex gank up at Peanut again, making fun of him as he read "Pridelands" a book series popular among cats. Well, guess the Santa Gift thing has been forgotten quickly...
Oh, and the situation where he borrowed Peanut books. He just had to pick on him for "Dune".

So... he's not such an angel at all :) And that makes him an interesting, comedic character.
In fact, I clearly stated that Fox went along with Bino out of his sense of loyalty toward a friend, even a jerk one.
In one occasion, he clearly said to Bino he wasn't really happy to pick on Peanut. Plus, he beat up Bino a few panels after that.
As for the Books thing with Peanut, Fox wasn't really 'picking' on our hero, he was just being incredoulous: in fact, a moment later he just wondered why he wasn't Peanut's friend.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

All's war when fools follow those that abuse them.

"What the howl have I been doing all this time?!"
Looking for a new best friend. Duh. At least if you're lucky, you'll get a girlfriend from it in the end. Quick, Fox! Onward! for the future!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

What the howl indeed. :D
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

We can finally compare necks between Bino and Fox.

And Fox's neck is indeed thicker. :P
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote:In fact, I clearly stated that Fox went along with Bino out of his sense of loyalty toward a friend, even a jerk one.
Monkey says, monkey does ;p
I'm a bookworm!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Wait. Was Fox just lying on his tail? Ow >.<
Argent

Post by Argent »

Sorry, haven't caught up with the thread: Image

So: who said Sasha and Bino get back together after this arc?

If Fox can get over his slavish devotion to Bino, maybe he can get over his ailurophobia as well.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
valerio

Post by valerio »

Obbl wrote:Wait. Was Fox just lying on his tail? Ow >.<
perhaps he was just tossing when we saw him in that position
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

it took me forever to realize she was sitting on a log and that was a woody protrusion

and not the Spear of Destiny
ImageImage
ImageImage
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

You FINALLY get it, Fox!

Rick-hatred approaching, impact in 4 days...

I think I can see how as well. A CLIFFHANGER ENDING :shock: Noooooooooooo.......

Also, I'm concerned about the direction if things based on comments I read from others. Will the comic will still be family-friendly, that's what I love about it. :? Why disable the comments section because an upcoming strip will be hurt by it? I know it's permanent, too, but still.

EDIT: You know what, I do this every time there's drama or a warning, forget it. -_-
TheFoxWolf

Post by TheFoxWolf »

Argent wrote:Sorry, haven't caught up with the thread: Image

So: who said Sasha and Bino get back together after this arc?

If Fox can get over his slavish devotion to Bino, maybe he can get over his ailurophobia as well.
Today, I learned what ailurophobia is.

I'm one of the people that believes Sasha and Bino will get back together. I have quite a few predictions on how this will go down. Some dramatic, some silly, and all of them completely insane.

Prediction #1

'I kicked him in the shin!'

This is my silliest prediction. I'm fairly doubtful this'll actually happen, but it seems to fit the general tone of 'Housepets!'. Basically, when Fox is about to confess his feelings for Sasha she tells him that 'His plan worked' and that she's with Bino. Fox, naturally confused, asks what she means and she replies that she 'kicked him in the shin' for forgetting their anniversary and now they're back together. Very farfetched, but I can honestly see Sasha actually taking Fox's comment about kicking Bino in the shin that way. Well, that and it involves Bino being in some form of physical pain, which seems to be a particular theme with this comic.

Prediction #2

The title of this arc is named 'Love & War'. This probably isn't very likely either, due to it being outside the general tone of the webcomic. Simply put, it's that Fox doesn't just lose a friend, but he also makes a new enemy; Bino. Perhaps Rick Griffin might be hated for the shift of tone in the arc?

Prediction #3

Anti - climactic conclusion. Bino is fine with it.

Housepets!: the Soap Opera

Fox betrays Bino and begins a relationship with Sasha. Bino finds out and the two of them become bitter enemies. During the fighting, Unbeknownst to Fox, Sasha is also seeing other dogs. The hostility between Bino and Fox keeps growing to the point until it involves everyone in Babylon Gardens. By the end, the relationship is completely destroyed. Fox loses both his childhood friend and Sasha. But he keeps going on, because no matter what comes his way he still has his cousin Bailey, his friend King, and his 'Dad' Bill.

On the next episode of Housepets!: the Soap Opera. Fox finds out King's true identity!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Finally, it happens! He has been so blinded by pack mentality, he does not realize that their are other groups in the neighborhood! I mean, King, Bailey, Peanut, Rex, Fido, the other k9s..... the list of other dogs he can hang out with outside the GODC is staggering! I have been waiting for that one.

As for the whole fantasy/reality panels, I imagine it is fantasy with Sasha and memory with Bino, though that Sasha panel could have been from before King coming around.

Huh... so that is what he looks like with just the dog tags. Not all that important, but okay. I wonder what their significance is...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Yay technically-naked-Fox! You've taken the first step into the Girlfriend Club. Entry fee is one Bino, please.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So the end of the arc is near ... and if I´ve learned something trough all this time reading the comic, is that anything can happen.

My guess would be that at the end of the arc Sasha is going to get back with Bino, and Fox will be heart-broken, that been the worst scenario. But then again, ANYTHING can happen in this story.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Gbr23 wrote:So the end of the arc is near ... and if I´ve learned something trough all this time reading the comic, is that anything can happen.

My guess would be that at the end of the arc Sasha is going to get back with Bino, and Fox will be heart-broken, that been the worst scenario. But then again, ANYTHING can happen in this story.
Such as Rex suddenly getting together with Daisy.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sleet wrote:Such as Rex suddenly getting together with Daisy.
I'd say that this was mean... But again, Sasha and Rex have so much in common after all...
Argent

Post by Argent »

TheFoxWolf wrote:This is my silliest prediction. I'm fairly doubtful this'll actually happen, but it seems to fit the general tone of 'Housepets!'. Basically, when Fox is about to confess his feelings for Sasha she tells him that 'His plan worked' and that she's with Bino. Fox, naturally confused, asks what she means and she replies that she 'kicked him in the shin' for forgetting their anniversary and now they're back together. Very farfetched, but I can honestly see Sasha actually taking Fox's comment about kicking Bino in the shin that way. Well, that and it involves Bino being in some form of physical pain, which seems to be a particular theme with this comic.
AUGH! AUGH AUGH AUGH!

I'm really worried that's just wacky enough for Rick to do it. And nasty enough for it to be what Rick was going on about in Twitter.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Sleet wrote:Such as Rex suddenly getting together with Daisy.
I can dream!!! :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Argent wrote:
TheFoxWolf wrote:This is my silliest prediction. I'm fairly doubtful this'll actually happen, but it seems to fit the general tone of 'Housepets!'. Basically, when Fox is about to confess his feelings for Sasha she tells him that 'His plan worked' and that she's with Bino. Fox, naturally confused, asks what she means and she replies that she 'kicked him in the shin' for forgetting their anniversary and now they're back together. Very farfetched, but I can honestly see Sasha actually taking Fox's comment about kicking Bino in the shin that way. Well, that and it involves Bino being in some form of physical pain, which seems to be a particular theme with this comic.
AUGH! AUGH AUGH AUGH!

I'm really worried that's just wacky enough for Rick to do it. And nasty enough for it to be what Rick was going on about in Twitter.
If this does happen, I'll reopen 'The Pitchfork and Torchand Spoon? Store'. It's something too sad to happen to Fox. He doesn't deserve that much. DX
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Argent

Post by Argent »

I'm not sure that Fox could carry off a really good the reason you suck speech. Maybe he could get King to stand in for him on that.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Argent wrote:I'm not sure that Fox could carry off a really good the reason you suck speech. Maybe he could get King to stand in for him on that.
If he gets King to stand in for him and he has also Bailey on his side (for sure) everydoggy would be safe, except Bino ;).
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think Sasha is going to be dating both Bino and Fox in the end. It'll be more like a competition to see who Sasha likes more. The only problem with this, I can see Sasha being like "I can have more than one boyfriend? =3"
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Argent wrote:I'm not sure that Fox could carry off a really good the reason you suck speech. Maybe he could get King to stand in for him on that.
I think he totally could. Fox isn't always a nice guy.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sleet wrote:
I think he totally could. Fox isn't always a nice guy.
Yeah Sleet has a point, besides I think Fox has plenty to say about Bino! :evil:
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
shadowlord325

Post by shadowlord325 »

Okay, THAT, I honestly did not see that coming.

WHERE did she get the time to find another date?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Awwww poor Fox but I had a feeling this would happen.