Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog 
Author Message
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14536
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Gren wrote:
I can't believe how obsessed the people can be whenever King shows up :?

However, who I am to judge? Just take it easy people, all the answers will come soon.

...because we love the lil guy and can't just sit idle while Rick tortures us with such style? :?

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 pm
Posts: 271
Location: stuff.ville
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Gren wrote:
I can't believe how obsessed the people can be whenever King shows up :?


It's because Ensemble Darkhorse.

Now you're going to waste two hours of your life. You can thank me later.

_________________
*cough*


Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3936
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Stuff. wrote:
Gren wrote:
I can't believe how obsessed the people can be whenever King shows up :?


It's because Ensemble Darkhorse.

Now you're going to waste two hours of your life. You can thank me later.


Sooooo... you're saying King is Zero? *lightsaber noises*

I do think King is popular, but not in Emsemblem Darkhorse territory. If you want to think that, you would have to ask yourself this: Is King more popular than Peanut and/or Grape? Judging from the looks of their own stand-alone arcs, I would say no, but King can rival third place.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:58 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if King were more popular than Peanut and Grape.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:51 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
valerio wrote:
...because we love the lil guy and can't just sit idle while Rick tortures us with such style? :?


torture? Oh come on, I think you are overreacting. He is just telling a story, but if you take things too seriously is your problem. All the characters have their problems, so I don't know why I should be more sympathetic with King just for being human before and bullied by his own pets when he was a kid, when there's also others characters like Sasha being maltreated by her owner, or Bino with his complex with Fido and being ignored always he is present, or Peanut with his hiding feelings, or Thomas with the unfair distribution of inheritance, etc etc, and I could make a large list.

Don't take me wrong, King is one of my favorite characters, it's just I don't like how people victimize him, because if you remember well, he wasn't a saint in his past. Call it karma or how you prefer, he is just paying for all what he done before. Besides it's not like his new life is a "torture", he have a home, friends, a girlfriend, he don't need to worry for work anymore. He have something good in his hands (paws) if you ask me, so why I should martyr him?

Stuff. wrote:
It's because Ensemble Darkhorse.

Now you're going to waste two hours of your life. You can thank me later.


I doubt it. King was never a second character, he was protagonist since the first time he appeared as a human, being the central character of that arc (A sinister shadow) and has been the same for every arc he's appears.

The case that you cite maybe applies better for Sabrina, who until the arc "Scared Cats" she was just an extra, and only appeared two or three times (and not spoke until the arc Theme park world), but after that, she grew up as a character, and began to appear in many more arcs (and even starred some ones) and had her own prose.

GameCobra wrote:
but King can rival third place.


He was always the third place, I thought that was clear. The next places I assume are between Tarot, Pete, Fido, Bino, Maxwell, Keene and Sabrina.

Sleet wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if King were more popular than Peanut and Grape.


That's because he is the only character with a continuous storyline. That's what the people feel more attracted. King is the only character that we can expect a outcome of his story because he "have one". The others characters are not much involved in it (except for Pete and Tarot maybe) and only can seeing them in isolated and not related arcs. If there was a plot (or plots) that involve more characters, probably the popularity of King could drop.

If you remember, when all the issue of the GrapeNut was in the top, they were much more popular than now but not just because the shipping stuff, It was due that you could expect a outcome of this mess, and when the outcome arrived, their popularity started to fade.

People likes drama, and loves the cliff-hanging. That's the real reason why King is so popular now.

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent post, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 1618
Location: Singing Fortepiano
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Gren wrote:
valerio wrote:
...because we love the lil guy and can't just sit idle while Rick tortures us with such style? :?
torture? Oh come on, I think you are overreacting. He is just telling a story, but if you take things too seriously is your problem.


I believe that V guy was just making a joke.

_________________
Image

I'm a bookworm!
Currently reading: "Men Without Women" by Ernest Hemingway


Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Karlos wrote:
Gren wrote:
valerio wrote:
...because we love the lil guy and can't just sit idle while Rick tortures us with such style? :?
torture? Oh come on, I think you are overreacting. He is just telling a story, but if you take things too seriously is your problem.


I believe that V guy was just making a joke.


when I said "you" I was talking in general, wasn't pointing anyone in specific. However, you can't ignore the fact that there's people who takes this too seriously, that was the real point though I wasn't judging them, just saying that there's a lot characters suffering once in a while, so that's not a reason to take King as a victim, he's just living his life, like everyone else do, but it's seem that being part of a Cosmic Game makes your life worst than anyone.

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:50 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14536
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Gren wrote:
Sleet wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if King were more popular than Peanut and Grape.


That's because he is the only character with a continuous storyline. That's what the people feel more attracted. King is the only character that we can expect a outcome of his story because he "have one". The others characters are not much involved in it (except for Pete and Tarot maybe) and only can seeing them in isolated and not related arcs. If there was a plot (or plots) that involve more characters, probably the popularity of King could drop.

If you remember, when all the issue of the GrapeNut was in the top, they were much more popular than now but not just because the shipping stuff, It was due that you could expect a outcome of this mess, and when the outcome arrived, their popularity started to fade.

People likes drama, and loves the cliff-hanging. That's the real reason why King is so popular now.

That's YOUR opinion, and you're rightfully entitled to it, but please do not make assumptions for us.
I love King because he's an incredibly complex character with a lot of developments ahead, and not one of them predictable.
I STILL love Peanut and Grape because they are the cutest couple. I'd love them even more if they were boyfriend/girlfriend, but even now they make for a great fun to read.
And there are reasons for which I love practically every character of the cast. Rick can work miracles when it comes to characterize in a couple of panels the most obscure character, that's what gives the whole comic a unique imprint.
Now, if YOU have your own opinion, again you're welcome to express it. But frankly what you said does not reflect my preferences. And if I root more for a character than for another it's because it's written well and I feel sympathy for him/her.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
valerio wrote:
That's YOUR opinion, and you're rightfully entitled to it, but please do not make assumptions for us.
I love King because he's an incredibly complex character with a lot of developments ahead, and not one of them predictable.
I STILL love Peanut and Grape because they are the cutest couple. I'd love them even more if they were boyfriend/girlfriend, but even now they make for a great fun to read.
And there are reasons for which I love practically every character of the cast. Rick can work miracles when it comes to characterize in a couple of panels the most obscure character, that's what gives the whole comic a unique imprint.
Now, if YOU have your own opinion, again you're welcome to express it. But frankly what you said does not reflect my preferences. And if I root more for a character than for another it's because it's written well and I feel sympathy for him/her.


Wow, my english must be really poor because people never can get my point (I'm not being sarcastic).
First, don't take it personal, because like I said before, I was speaking in general.
Second, don't put words that never left from my mouth. I'm not saying that the story is bad related, I'm not saying that the characters can't be loved without a story, and take for sure I'm not saying to anyone what they should like and what not.
The point of my previous post was that when people in general (not you) get attracted to a story, that causes them to have a feeling known as "curiosity", wanting to know what's going to happen next, and sometimes (not always) this awake in many people a bit of obsession. I'm not saying this is a universal rule, but for what I saw until now, this is the reason for the popularity scale of the HP characters. People gets more excited when theres a great storyline in background, because it makes them worry or make theories, and generate more discussion between the fans.
I love funny arcs too (like I said before, this was the reason that made me keep reading and became a fan of the series), but if you compare this kind of arcs like Noob Tube or The Prensent, with arcs like Imaginate, Too! or Dog Days of Summer, you could easy see that people were more excited in this last ones just by the number of comments. And of course, if people get more excited, this also means that they feels much more attracted or identified with the characters that involves this stories (after all, the characters are who make a story popular).

I hope you can get my point now. All the characters are lovable, but people (not all, but yes so many) get more attracted to the ones who have a story in background because this awake them the spark of curiosity, wanting to know and worry about the future of the caracter/s.

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:20 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I think the point is that King has a lot of fans because of the fact that he's involved in a more coherent storyline, correct? Well, that and that he's adorable.

I would agree that's a significant contributor to King's popularity. I just, personally, don't like him more because of it. I still prefer Peanut and Grape over him, and I wish we saw them more. But I acknowledge that Rick is writing this comic for all his fans, not just me.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I like him because I was under the impression his story is about redemption. I worry for him because he's hiding a terrible secret that could totally destroy that WHOLE THING. It means that for the REAL King/Joel, it would mean that there was NEVER anything there to begin with. Having said that, I don't think that's the case.

Also, he's in a situation almost totally outside his control, and he's not always handling it well. Maybe that's why he's being how he is now: he's either trying to figure out how Bailey can handle things SO well and him SO poorly, or he wants to confirm that he's not alone in how he deals with things by getting Bailey to be as upset as HE would be, and thereby be vindicated. :? Long story short, I think he's looking for a explanation or reason for the way things are.


Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:14 pm
Posts: 840
Location: None of your buisness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
We'll all find out how it goes tommorrow I guess

I hope Fox doesnt get involved...I REALLY hope Fox doesnt involved :oops:

_________________
Life is like a fairy tale... a pretty grim one, but a fairy tale still
Image
Image
Image
I LIKE Image!!!


Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 pm
Posts: 271
Location: stuff.ville
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Wow, I actually indirectly started a mini-debate. Huh.

GameCobra wrote:
Stuff. wrote:
Gren wrote:
I can't believe how obsessed the people can be whenever King shows up :?


It's because Ensemble Darkhorse.

Now you're going to waste two hours of your life. You can thank me later.


Sooooo... you're saying King is Zero? *lightsaber noises*


That makes me wonder just what King is FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

...

I'm sorry.

_________________
*cough*


Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:04 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6304
Location: Florida
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I like the King character and his unique perspective, though he is just a fish-out-of-water thing...

My favorite character is Fox, and I would love to see him in every arc! So there.... :lol:

As for the comic, it is an interesting point brought up about how King might be looking at Bailey's situation because of his own. I hadn't thought of that... :?

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
hehe ok then that was really adorable. :P

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17022
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
We must name the snake now.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:14 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
You know I kind of realized something here this is likely kind of why Pets are Pets and human still rule the world in this universe. Living in the moment is fine and all and it works sure; however I think animals in this universe basically never, ever stopped living only in the moment and thought of the future. So they never got anywhere and just became kind of stuck in the same rut as always.

(PS. I know I’m going to be told I’m over thinking this but its an interesting way of looking at it)

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:17 am
Posts: 153
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Those little phrases of affection are actually very similar to the ones my mate and I were saying to eachother in the earlier years of our relationship. Now we're not around deer parts as much, and the words have changed, but the feelings are still there. :)

Too right about animals living in the 'now', and I like how that is an active aspect of the Housepets! personalities. Makes you wonder, in whatever reckoning Pete would have happen, would animals find a new level of freedom and equality, only to be burdened with a newfound worry for the unknown future? Their tree of knowledge may bear fruit just as poisonous as it was for humans.


Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
That last panel is just painful, Rick. *giggles*

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:44 am
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 908
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
We've got Poncho hitting on Sasha, and we have King totally missing the point buried in all of Rodney and Snow's mushiness. :3 (That point being, i.e., LIGHTEN UP, YOU DORK!)

Snow is really gravid. Any chance she could whelp right here? :P

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:57 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14536
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Heh, surely them pups look like they're kicking a lot! :D

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Kitch wrote:
We've got Poncho hitting on Sasha, and we have King totally missing the point buried in all of Rodney and Snow's mushiness. :3 (That point being, i.e., LIGHTEN UP, YOU DORK!)

Snow is really gravid. Any chance she could whelp right here? :P


Well I will admit that would be an interesting shock for this arc.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3936
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Well ain't that adorable? Wolf Pups X3 ~ And Rick, stop eating the circle of life.

Glad to see Rodney and Snow are becoming parents. They honestly struck me as a younger Miles and Lucrecia (Although no doubt overly dramatic). Considering this is the wolf family we're talking about, the newborn theory works well in their favor the best. I wonder if we will see any law-abiding rules with their children in the future?

And this is just me being nitpicky, but Rodney looks wide in Panel 3.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:24 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 908
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
If you look at the sketch of him posted in the TWC incentive, I think he's meant to be beefy. Maybe she was hunting for him before she got pregnant. ;3

GameCobra wrote:
Glad to see Rodney and Snow are becoming parents. They honestly struck me as a younger Miles and Lucrecia (Although no doubt overly dramatic).

I imagined them as a young couple last year in the Holiday at the Zoo arc. Makes sense they would be more mushy. Didn't know if they were actually mates or just courting, though.

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3936
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Kitch wrote:
If you look at the sketch of him posted in the TWC incentive, I think he's meant to be beefy. Maybe she was hunting for him before she got pregnant. ;3


Huh. Never noticed. I always pictured him fair in size.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Posts: 1687
Location: The Internet
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
that corgi do not want

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14536
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
IceKitsune wrote:
Kitch wrote:
We've got Poncho hitting on Sasha, and we have King totally missing the point buried in all of Rodney and Snow's mushiness. :3 (That point being, i.e., LIGHTEN UP, YOU DORK!)

Snow is really gravid. Any chance she could whelp right here? :P


Well I will admit that would be an interesting shock for this arc.

Weapon of MASS DISTRACTION!! :D :D

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 908
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
GameCobra wrote:
Huh. Never noticed. I always pictured him fair in size.

He was drawn a little thinner in the Holiday at the Zoo arc, but he wasn't exactly pencilly then, either. It may be time + new style.

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 1618
Location: Singing Fortepiano
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Kitch wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Huh. Never noticed. I always pictured him fair in size.

...It may be time + new style.


And nachos with cheese sauce.

_________________
Image

I'm a bookworm!
Currently reading: "Men Without Women" by Ernest Hemingway


Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:01 pm
Posts: 245
Location: close to DC
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
At least it's not a naked party, not that that keep Poncho from showing off his scar. Wouldn't be a surprise if he's the omega. Unless Daryl is.

Hadn't caught a rabbit since Cheetos? Can he catch Zach before Miles's cubs does?

_________________
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style


Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I think he probably knows better than to try to hurt a pet.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Sunshine
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:48 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: The nth plane
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Sinder wrote:
that corgi do not want

Ew, who wants corgis? *bricked*

_________________
Image
ImageImageImageImage
If you're awesome, you're here.


Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 pm
Posts: 434
Location: Under a rock in Alberta
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
This arc actually made me very depressed. Just seeing King and Bailey fight like that makes me afraid for the future of their relationship. I just don't like it when people fight(be it they fictional or not), and I want them to be happy.

_________________
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!


Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 pm
Posts: 1686
Images: 2
Location: Manisnowba Canada
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
TinFoilHats wrote:
This arc actually made me very depressed. Just seeing King and Bailey fight like that makes me afraid for the future of their relationship. I just don't like it when people fight(be it they fictional or not), and I want them to be happy.

If Baily and Kings break up, Housepets breaks up with it. I'm sure that won't happen.

is today's strip some kind of forshadowing?

_________________
Don't quote me
If you got something to say, you should say it or it's just gonna tear you up inside.
Just call me Winston Frank Marcus True Hyper Dark Chaos Joselito Trey Masuru Walker Texas Cat
Image
Image
Last edited bytexascat018 on empty void of time


Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:43 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14536
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
kavviyenta wrote:
At least it's not a naked party, not that that keep Poncho from showing off his scar. Wouldn't be a surprise if he's the omega. Unless Daryl is.

Hadn't caught a rabbit since Cheetos? Can he catch Zach before Miles's cubs does?

Rick already said, if I remember well, that he's not going to apply the 'wolf rules' of our world to the HPverse.
In fact, otherwise Rodney and Snow couldn't have had cubs.
And FFD Jack would be the omega due to his physical limitation.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
hahaha I had the same reaction than King, when I opened the web page the first thing that I saw was that pregnant belly, I just did my head back and said to myself "WHATHEF!!", after I get a full impression of the image and return to normal :lol:

That Poncho is a totally a "lady hunter" :twisted: ... and I thought he was kind of shy

Four Fingers looks like a real gangster, being against the wall throwing a coin in the air 8-)

I suspect that this thing about "living the here and now" is going to be the key of something important in this arc. I have some theories of what could happen but I don't want to get people paranoid, especially because there are some ones too sensible (not for my coments, about what happen in the comic). I only going to say that I think that all what King said to Bailey hit in a sensitive fiber and now she is crying and thinking that there is some truth in his words, and that make her more depressed. I suspect Tarot is going to intervene somehow (probably approaching to Bailey and comforting her) and King is going to misinterpret the situation and thinking this is a move to put her in the Game when probably she is doing the totally opposite. At first is going to be a mess, but at the end all is going to fix, because that is the magic of Christmas ;)

Thats all, I don't want blood spilling (specially towards me) so it's better I shut up right now.

_________________
ImageImage


Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Wow. Drama; drama everywhere.

Oh, and obnoxiously lovey-dovey pet names are the best.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:34 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6304
Location: Florida
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
My word, I must have slipped into a cute induced coma from the last comic! I just woke up! :shock:

Just back away king, nice and slow...

A snake? Valerio is going to have a field day with this one... :roll:

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 1618
Location: Singing Fortepiano
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Hey... I see Santa on the other side of the window!

_________________
Image

I'm a bookworm!
Currently reading: "Men Without Women" by Ernest Hemingway


Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:12 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
texascat018 wrote:
TinFoilHats wrote:
This arc actually made me very depressed. Just seeing King and Bailey fight like that makes me afraid for the future of their relationship. I just don't like it when people fight(be it they fictional or not), and I want them to be happy.

If Baily and Kings break up, Housepets breaks up with it. I'm sure that won't happen.

is today's strip some kind of forshadowing?
How could the whole strip end just from the breakup of a couple that hasn't even been around long?

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:07 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.