2019/08/12 - Police Rapport

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/08/12 - Police Rapport

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/08/12 - Police Rapport]
Title Text: wait, that's all you've been present for? Huh

"You know, now that I finally put it into words..."
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/08/12 - Police Rapport

Post by Saturn381 »

He's got you there, Fido.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Payoff.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

So drops the other shoe. I love how this goes. Fox has been exposed to just a bit more than Fido. It makes sense that Fox would take this in stride. I'm thinking that his "Wait, What? " was more of thinking that this is happening again, and not "what a ridiculous idea!".
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I'd like to think that conversations like that occur in a daily basis in places like the MCU

-"dude, you won't believe what just happened"
Person who was turned to ash by Thanos but came back: "..."
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

There they are. Things are still on track. I knew Fido would be reluctant at first but come around.

This still raises several questions like who's driving that car?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Lois did tag along and muscled her way onto the investigation.

Yeah, I'm going that Fido really doesn't know about King. :?

Theories
Is Steward A Villain: YES.

Steward's Goal: Revenge or Regaining his Old Life

Did He Change Marion: No

Does He Know Marion’s True Identity: Maybe. Marion was not subtle during his shouting fit.

Who Changed Marion: Dino-Demon or another new supernatural character that has not been introduced.

Will Marion Return Home: Yes. Soon if Lois has anything to say about it.

The Marion & Lois Part
Reunited, they all go to Tarot and Sabrina for help.
A. Tarot, having no idea what to do, goes to King and Kitsune for advice.
B. Tarot explains the game and the past magical happenings much to the surprise of Lois and Marion. She warns of a sinister presence lurking in Babylon Gardens.

Lois and Marion explains to his parents what happened to him and together come up with a way for Marion to regain some normalcy while still being a squirrel.

The Steward Part
Marion's tantrum has convinced Steward that Marion is like him and will now use Marion to his advantage by getting him to join the ECP and get back into the Milton's good graces:
A. He lost his job and his life and the Miltons are the best chance at regaining some type of normalcy like being rehired or finding a new job.
B. Steward wants to get back in the Milton's good graces so he can get something from them like a method of returning too human.

Steward is going to discover that Marion was once human and gets the idea in his head to use the coin to turn other humans into animals (again the coin DOES have to be used eventually) so they will follow the same logic of Marion and see the ECP as their best chance at retaining normalcy.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Frank

Post by Frank »

*fox appears*
And the crowd goes wild!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

Alright everyone tomorrow is the last comic before Guest Week! Submit your theories!

Will:
A. Fox put it together and get King, Tarot or Sabrina involved in the plot
B. Steward return and do something to create more of a mess
C. Something completely different that only Rick knows that will be a total surprise
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

Frank wrote:*fox appears*
And the crowd goes wild!
(from the back of the crowd) i love you foxxxxxxxxxx!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Sometimes I can't tell if Rick is responding to the forums directly with a page or not.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I’m wondering just who drives the car
and who sticks their head out the window?
Fox here begins to believe in madness
Fido wonders if it’s all just for show.
On this long dark night of the soul
the Human’s got a crying Squirrel
and you two could be salvation -
or you could just stand and quarrel.
Take them on to the next smart step;
take them over to the witches;
show them the power this world has;
expose them to all it’s riches.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Boy, Marion sure does look adorable, even moreso than usual. Fido was present for the culmination of Tarot's drowning prophecy, but was he aware of the prophecy beforehand? Is the "control over time and space" bit referring to the teleporting boat or something else?
fenrirblack wrote:This still raises several questions like who's driving that car?
They have licenses, silly!
But seriously, they probably have an underpaid human who's job is to drive the K9s around and take care of human stuff (though it is possible the department modified a car to be drivable by someone with dog proportions).
The cape comes with the promotion.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

I'm thinking option C.

I'm wondering what Ralph's reaction to the report will be.
Frank

Post by Frank »

fenrirblack wrote:Lois and Marion explains to his parents what happened to him and together come up with a way for Marion to regain some normalcy while still being a squirrel.
I doubt it'll be that simple. On the other hand, that may be why Lois is so insistent she's his girlfriend

I foresee them "moving in together", hoping to be an odd Romeo and Juliet (preferably not the whole play, things get ugly)
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Ruska

Post by Ruska »

"So wait, why aren't you freaking out?"
"Because my best friend is really the human who dognapped me, before being turned into a dog by a magic(k) griffin demi-god. Then, my cousin fought against your girlfriend as part of a universal level game..."
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I love how Fox is leaning against the car all cool like. He's so professional. All he needs is a pair of sunglasses and he could be on one of those crime dramas Lois watches. Then Fido drops the bomb and that suave instantly disappears. Good old Fox.

Fox: I have a few questions I need to ask.
Marion: Okay.
Fox: Have you recently been in contact with a giant blue gryphon, green dragon, nine-tailed fox, or three headed dog?
Marion:........What? No, why would you even ask me that?
Fox: Have you been to any magical temples or other supernatural locations?
Marion: No. I went to bed last night as a human and woke up as a squirrel. The last supernatural place I went too was that Video Rental place last October. The next day it was a coffee shop which now that I think about it might not be that unusual.
Fido: Fox, what is this about? What are you talking about? Gryphons, dragons, fox's?
Fox: I have some things I need to tell you. All of you. But I'll tell you on the way to our next stop.
Lois: I really need to get Marion home. HIs parents are worried sick and I have a Calculus exam tomorrow.
Fox: This is important. This could help Marion change back to normal.
Fido: You don't mean?
Fox: Yeah, we need to go see Sabrina and Tarot.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:There they are. Things are still on track. I knew Fido would be reluctant at first but come around.

This still raises several questions like who's driving that car? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Lois did tag along and muscled her way onto the investigation.

Yeah, I'm going that Fido really doesn't know about King. :?
The car throws me a touch. Have we ever seen pets drive anything larger than a scooter? Maybe Fido is a bit higher rank and has a license?

And there is mo way he knows about King... yet. Feels like that might change in the coming months or years.

This is the first strip with those two in it where they dont look annoyed with each other for a while.

[

Reunited, they all go to Tarot and Sabrina for help.
A. Tarot, having no idea what to do, goes to King and Kitsune for advice.
B. Tarot explains the game and the past magical happenings much to the surprise of Lois and Marion. She warns of a sinister presence lurking in Babylon Gardens.

Lois and Marion explains to his parents what happened to him and together come up with a way for Marion to regain some normalcy while still being a squirrel.

Especially since Steward did not pop up here, I think this makes the most sense. I thought Fido might be an obstacle, but that evaporated quickly. Explaining to parents will have to wait until morning.

Another thought, I think this might put a nail into the idea I floated that Tarot is owned by Lois. You'd think that Fox or Fido would have been more familiar with her if that was the case.
Steward is going to discover that Marion was once human and gets the idea in his head to use the coin to turn other humans into animals (again the coin DOES have to be used eventually) so they will follow the same logic of Marion and see the ECP as their best chance at ret
aining normalcy.
I dont think you're off track, but I think this is going to come up much later, like multiple arcs later. It feels like there is likely one more arc here before shifting back to the rest of the cast for a while. Marion is the new King, as it were. I would not be shocked if we see him much more peripheral for a while.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

You know, first I thought it was strange that Fido thinks someone turning into an animal just like that is unbelievable, because...for all the reasons Fox said. Then it made sense for me, just because Fido knows some super natural occurences doesn't mean he has to believe everything.
On the other hand he should put more thought into things like that.

I wonder if Fox will try to get King involved in this. I'm pretty sure King would prefer not to get into another adventure like that.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:You know, first I thought it was strange that Fido thinks someone turning into an animal just like that is unbelievable, because...for all the reasons Fox said. Then it made sense for me, just because Fido knows some super natural occurences doesn't mean he has to believe everything.

I wonder if Fox will try to get King involved in this. I'm pretty sure King would prefer not to get into another adventure like that.

King is not really the next logical step. He really has no skills in this department, other than a conduit to Kitsune. I still think he will pop up as a helping law for Marion on a practical level, but hes useless beyond that.

And I forgot to mention before, I love that Lois and Marion are holding hands. There is something right about that gesture.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hopefully this mean at least some of this can go smoothly for Marion. I mean he has some pets who believe him now, and maybe Lois.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
The car throws me a touch. Have we ever seen pets drive anything larger than a scooter? Maybe Fido is a bit higher rank and has a license?
The car thing does bother me because it's not the first time this has happened. So that means that someone on the force actually gets paid to drive the K-9's around and doesn't do anything else. And we wondered why they were so desperate to get Keene's money. They don't even get out of the car. Even when Joel was arrested there was one officer besides Bill on the scene dealing with Orwell. Someone still had to drive the other K-9's to the scene but didn't do anything else. And I bet it was that officer with Ralph at the end. We didn't see him get out of the car.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Frank wrote:*fox appears*
And the crowd goes wild!
The crowd:
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:You know, first I thought it was strange that Fido thinks someone turning into an animal just like that is unbelievable, because...for all the reasons Fox said. Then it made sense for me, just because Fido knows some super natural occurences doesn't mean he has to believe everything.

King is not really the next logical step. He really has no skills in this department, other than a conduit to Kitsune. I still think he will pop up as a helping law for Marion on a practical level, but hes useless beyond that.

And I forgot to mention before, I love that Lois and Marion are holding hands. There is something right about that gesture.
I have a feeling two things will happen soon. One is that King will have a role, a small role like back during the camping arc but still be present, and Fido is going to find out about his past. There is no good way of explaining how Fox, Tarot, and Sabrina have all had previous exposure to this kind of situation without someone spilling the beans about King. For better or worse, Fido seems to be apart of this story arc and it's long past time for him to know the full story. The alt-text alone says that.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
The car thing does bother me because it's not the first time this has happened. So that means that someone on the force actually gets paid to drive the K-9's around and doesn't do anything else. And we wondered why they were so desperate to get Keene's money. They don't even get out of the car. Even when Joel was arrested there was one officer besides Bill on the scene dealing with Orwell. Someone still had to drive the other K-9's to the scene but didn't do anything else. And I bet it was that officer with Ralph at the end. We didn't see him get out of the car.
To a degree, I think you could say you just don't notice the humans because the comic doesn't focus on them. I always assumed when Joel was arrested that the dogs just got way ahead of their human partners.

It is an odd quirk that is a question that I wouldn't mind seeing resolved, at the same time it wont keep me up at night. For the moment, I'm just going to assume that Fido is trained to drive and might be senior on K9 force, below Ralph, of the ones we know.

What's interesting here is that I dont think they've been there the whole time. Marion screamed his identity out, and Fox didn't hear it? It's not important, but somehow Lois ditched them and met up a few minutes later.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dunno about King, but that sure sounds like a fanfare for Sabrina and Tarot!
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

fenrirblack wrote: I have a feeling two things will happen soon. One is that King will have a role, a small role like back during the camping arc but still be present, and Fido is going to find out about his past. There is no good way of explaining how Fox, Tarot, and Sabrina have all had previous exposure to this kind of situation without someone spilling the beans about King. For better or worse, Fido seems to be apart of this story arc and it's long past time for him to know the full story. The alt-text alone says that.
How I imagine that conversation starting.

Fox: "Remember when you handed me that note from Sabrina and you asked who I was with and I said it wasn't important now."
Fido : "Yah"
Fox : "Well, it's kind of important now..."

Although I think it would be funny if they simply explained that someone they know used to be human and refusing to disclose who, and then Fido going nuts for a few arcs trying to figure out who it is.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: I have a feeling two things will happen soon. One is that King will have a role, a small role like back during the camping arc but still be present, and Fido is going to find out about his past. There is no good way of explaining how Fox, Tarot, and Sabrina have all had previous exposure to this kind of situation without someone spilling the beans about King. For better or worse, Fido seems to be apart of this story arc and it's long past time for him to know the full story. The alt-text alone says that.
How I imagine that conversation starting.

Fox: "Remember when you handed me that note from Sabrina and you asked who I was with and I said it wasn't important now."
Fido : "Yah"
Fox : "Well, it's kind of important now..."

Although I think it would be funny if they simply explained that someone they know used to be human and refusing to disclose who, and then Fido going nuts for a few arcs trying to figure out who it is.
Funny, I never really connected that Fido was looking right at Joel and didn't realize it. If course, his face was covered, he smelled luke a dog and the idea that Fox would be hanging around with Joel would make it less likely he'd realize what was going on.

I thought some time back that Fido would take this revelation badly, at least to a degree. It could range from treating King coldly to outright confrontation. Thing is, they could easily tell him that King was once human and leave out the Joel part. How is he going to find out?
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

Did Fido get contacts or something? I noticed he hasn't been wearing his glasses since the beginning of the hot springs arc.
jonas

Post by jonas »

Heh, you know...the Housepets really could change the whole world with their accounts of what they've experienced and witnessed, if they could get anyone to believe them. Demigods, cosmic games of chance, magic, time travel, the afterlife.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Nobody wrote:Sometimes I can't tell if Rick is responding to the forums directly with a page or not.
The forums and Reddit throw so much stuff at the wall some of it has to stick.

There goes Fox being logical again. And this time Fido's listening.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I'm actually really happy he toned down the insane muscles on Fox to a more reasonable degree. I admit I was NOT a fan of "Fox Lesnar."
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

And now all the pieces are falling into place. Bring out Sabrina and Tarot!

Also yay Fox :D
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:

Dunno about King, but that sure sounds like a fanfare for Sabrina and Tarot!
I would be curious what they would do to help Marion.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good to see Fox and Fido again, I think that Sabrina and Tarot, and possibly King will enter the picture soon. I’m glad to see that it looks like Marion is feeling a little better, the poor squirrel just needed a cry and someone to believe him.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

SeanWolf wrote:
I would be curious what they would do to help Marion.
That is a hard question to answer. Both have a great deal of knowledge of the subject, but a fraction of the power that they once had. I suspect they will be able to at least confirm Marions claims, but from there it's most likely an attempt to contact Kitsune.

Seems like the first priority, assuming that they don't have a way to turn him back, would be to prove to certain people (like Marions parents) that the squirrel is Marion and to call off the cops.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

jonas wrote:Heh, you know...the Housepets really could change the whole world with their accounts of what they've experienced and witnessed, if they could get anyone to believe them. Demigods, cosmic games of chance, magic, time travel, the afterlife.
I'm kind of curious as to what the repercussions would be if any of the humans in the universe found out about everything and actually believed it. The only humans who really know anything that haven't become animals themselves are the staff at the diner in Australia. Although going back to that strip I noticed Keene had someone filming the whole time. I wonder what happened to the tape?

http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... aos-rains/
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
jonas wrote:Heh, you know...the Housepets really could change the whole world with their accounts of what they've experienced and witnessed, if they could get anyone to believe them. Demigods, cosmic games of chance, magic, time travel, the afterlife.
I'm kind of curious as to what the repercussions would be if any of the humans in the universe found out about everything and actually believed it. The only humans who really know anything that haven't become animals themselves are the staff at the diner in Australia. Although going back to that strip I noticed Keene had someone filming the whole time. I wonder what happened to the tape?

I believed it got wiped somehow.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

SeanWolf wrote:
Sir Chestnut wrote:

Rock told Keene that the Celestials could choose to be filmed, so all they had was static.
NathanielKing

Post by NathanielKing »

Last panel: Awesome shot of fox. I love it.

I really enjoy where this is going and that Marion finally got someone to listen. :D

Also I wonder what species Lois will turn into. *snicker*
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

dr_eirik wrote:
SeanWolf wrote: I'm kind of curious as to what the repercussions would be if any of the humans in the universe found out about everything and actually believed it. The only humans who really know anything that haven't become animals themselves are the staff at the diner in Australia. Although going back to that strip I noticed Keene had someone filming the whole time. I wonder what happened to the tape?

Rock told Keene that the Celestials could choose to be filmed, so all they had was static.[/quote]

I missed the first part of what you wrote there. I had the impression that they were somehow blocking all the weirdness from the humans in the diner. They didn't react at all to anything. Not even a question or a moment of shock. I think they just had a busy afternoon and had some odd American tourists as customers.