2023/05/09 - The End (For Now) (Or Is It) (Question Mark) (Dot Dot Dot)

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2023/05/09 - The End (For Now) (Or Is It) (Question Mark) (Dot Dot Dot)

Post by D-Rock »

[ 2023/05/09 - The End (For Now) (Or Is It) (Question Mark) (Dot Dot Dot) ]

Title Text: welp, this is the last time you’ll see me here, probably, so uh…be good and remember to brush your teeth.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Harry Johnathan

Re: 2023/05/09 - The End (For Now) (Or Is It) (Question Mark) (Dot Dot Dot)

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Oh Crap
Oh Crap
4A94F822-206F-4EB2-BCB0-EC9B173E5E47.jpeg (34.25 KiB) Viewed 60384 times
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

It was a nice ride, wasn't it?

ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

Tbh, I never get how people make constant regular updates. I wouldn't be able to even if I had ideas. I can't rush stuff, force it. I just make them. Sometimes it's more at once, sometimes it's less. But regularly doing it for so long. How could any person even keep with that?!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Goodness, good Nut, you’re in it now
as Tarot examines the future’s card;
lying back with her youngest old friend
and escaping the fact that life is hard.
The future’s not set but it’s quite close
and plans just have to be made.
You’ve got to proceed of course, of course;
no matter what card is played.
Sabrina and Grape as aunties then?
Whilst finances are provided by Keene?
I think it’s that, more than the orange,
that’s going to keep Sabrina green...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know I have really enjoyed this ride we have all been on. I started reading this comic shortly after it started in 2008 (I think the arc I came in on was either The Raccoons or Fido's Return) and I really enjoyed it even if I had my issues here and there with what was happening in the comic. This comic and it's characters will always mean a lot to me and I can't wait to see what happens next whenever that will be. Thank you Rick!

Also I had a feeling this comic would end with one of the characters pregnant, I personally thought it would be Grape honestly.
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Oh no! Peanut is going to be a dad?

Thanks for the comic, Rick. It's always nice seeing a webcomic do its run and then come to an end. Even if it wasn't perfect, there was a lot of fun to be had along the way.

Your art has also come a long ways; comparing the first strips to the last ones, you can see how much you've progressed in the craft of art and comic-making over the years.

Well done! I hope your future projects (including anything else you end up doing - or not doing - with Housepets) go well!
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Man, this was the end of the ride?
I didn't comment often here, but it was always fun.
I remembered back when the comic was on the old side and I think I began...after the arc where Pete was on trials?
I do hope we see a nice little aftermath, but...man it has been fun.

Also...I guess Tarot and Peanut did got mushy, eh? :shock:
OtherStr8aura

Post by OtherStr8aura »

Can't dogs smell pregnancy? Peanut ain't great at dogging

either way, i'm happy at the note this ended on, even if it was sudden, and i wait with baited breath for the next step in the Housepets cycle. Thank you for everything, Rick.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Cute ending, though I'm curious to see if this is a tease to a future story when HP returns!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
aBinoforyou

Post by aBinoforyou »

I started reading the comic fairly recently. I started from the beggining and was hooked
I loved it through and through. Happy that the peanut may be a dad!
I cannot wait to see the new stories when housepets comes back.

Hopefully we will still see some of the old characters like bino, tiger, joey etc

Well time to reread the entire comic!
~~ Bino is pronouced b I no not beano ~~
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

So this was the heckraiser revelation everyone was talking about!

That is one heck of a revelation, Tarot. Congrats if it turns out to be true. Super excited :D

Been reading the comic since the introduction of Spo, but stayed for the Sandwiches. CAn't wait to see where this goes.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

Well, that's one heckuva place to stop!
snowykat

Post by snowykat »

i dub moonlight serenade by glenn miller as the credits
Last edited by snowykat on Tue May 09, 2023 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dear Chickenman,
What’s the idea of getting out of class. what did ya' do, “Chicken” out?" — Diane Dill
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Tarot reveals she’s pregnant the same day Robert De Niro announces he had his seventh child. Coincidence? I think not, obviously Robert De Niro was Peanut all along.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

It's funny but it's hard to picture Peanut having sex in the canon instead of just in Rick's mature sketches. Either way congrats dude, I hope this means we'll see more of you and Grape in the future.

Also why is Sabrina drinking now? Actually where's Fido right now? Meh I'm sure it doesn't matter, too tired, just grocery shopped
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

IceKitsune wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:30 am You know I have really enjoyed this ride we have all been on. I started reading this comic shortly after it started in 2008 (I think the arc I came in on was either The Raccoons or Fido's Return) and I really enjoyed it even if I had my issues here and there with what was happening in the comic. This comic and it's characters will always mean a lot to me and I can't wait to see what happens next whenever that will be. Thank you Rick!
First, I want you to know I almost did the thing every new moderator does where they accidentally click the edit button instead of the quote button. I clearly haven't been around enough lately!

We deffo had huge disagreements over the years, but I'm glad you stayed for everything.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If Tarot is pregnant you know that when Peanut finds out he is really gonna freak out. But still it will be entertaining to see Peanut and Tarot as parents.
snowykat

Post by snowykat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:46 pm If Tarot is pregnant you know that when Peanut finds out he is really gonna freak out. But still it will be entertaining to see Peanut and Tarot as parents.
hopefully if they have more than one pup, peanut will remember how many pups there are
"Dear Chickenman,
What’s the idea of getting out of class. what did ya' do, “Chicken” out?" — Diane Dill
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Housepets Will Return in "From Imaginate With Love."
Last edited by Nobody on Tue May 09, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Whoa, what an end of the arc! :shock: Tarot, that's shocking, congratulations to Peanut... :o When will be your turn with Grape, Maxwell? :P Keene still wants to use magic(k), as seems, but I think it's better to don't deal anymore with it... :roll: Don't drink much orange soda now, Sabrina. :P Eheh, what are imaging Peanut and Grape in the sketch?
Very nice third panel. :)
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

"Wait.....don't you mean the VIRGIN Tarot Sandwich?" (Bum ba dum ba).

If demigods are born, not made, does she have a little Kari in the oven?

Scene - Keane's kitchen: Tarot: "Get out of the oven, Kari,you know that's not how this works." Kari: "Awww, you're no fun anymore."
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

No problem, Rick ... among other virtues, you've taught us patience. Until again ......... :D
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dissension wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:37 pm
IceKitsune wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:30 am You know I have really enjoyed this ride we have all been on. I started reading this comic shortly after it started in 2008 (I think the arc I came in on was either The Raccoons or Fido's Return) and I really enjoyed it even if I had my issues here and there with what was happening in the comic. This comic and it's characters will always mean a lot to me and I can't wait to see what happens next whenever that will be. Thank you Rick!
First, I want you to know I almost did the thing every new moderator does where they accidentally click the edit button instead of the quote button. I clearly haven't been around enough lately!

We deffo had huge disagreements over the years, but I'm glad you stayed for everything.
And I'm glad YOU'RE still here, Lord Squirrel!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TOILETPAPERMAN

Post by TOILETPAPERMAN »

WHATTTTTT, this comic is oficially my biggest jaw drop in my life, LIKE WHATTTTTTTTT, but that insane revelation also means housepets is over.. its been up for a long time it was just time, i enjoyed every single page alot, thanks rick for this awesome comic and cant wait to see what you have planned for your next comics!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

There will be more Housepets, once Rick has had a break, does some reorganizing, and plans things out. It will also primarily focus on slice-of-life stuff without the high stakes of long-form arcs.

It hasn’t been a favorable time for some of us, including myself, but here’s to a better future, whenever that day comes. 🥤
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CalTheUntitled

Post by CalTheUntitled »

It’s been a crazy ride over the last 15 years (even if I was only here for a small fraction of that). I’ll miss the (semi) regular uploads, but I am excited to eventually get some more one off adventures at some point in the future.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dissension wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:37 pm

Thank you Dissension; I'm glad I did as well and got to know you and everyone else on the forums. I will still be here (or on the new site or twitter) for whatever comes next whenever that might be.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I will look forward to seeing you around then! We need some more people to post more frequently!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know the one big question I really would like answered (and maybe this is planed for the other stories he wants to write in this world) is what happened to the main casts parents/"owners"? Are Earl and Jill still humans or are they animals? What about the rest? It's kind of one of the major things I would still like to know. We haven't seen or heard from most of the human cast of BG for a long time now and I know they were never that important but still it would be nice to know. Though I guess if this is something planed to be revealed in Housepets World! or what have you I guess I could wait.

Edit: Also the last time we saw Earl and Jill was 2015! Geeze that was a long time ago
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Congrats Rick. I thoroughly enjoyed ALL of Housepets. Great last scene. Can’t wait until it comes back again.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

*gives Rick military salute*

Thanks for creating this comic which serves as both entertainment and inspiration to countless people. All I hope is that this isn’t the end of the forums, as I genuinely like you people.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I think an interesting question is raised here, because Tarot is like this independent adult and Peanut is like her boytoy who seemingly hasn't entirely matured to that point. Tarot has a full on career, and may even apply for citizenship...

...so where does this leave her relationship with Peanut? Obviously, she's going to need to sit down and talk with his owners/parents about whatever is going on...

...and thinking about this is making me imagine a situation where one former pet adopts another pet so they can continue to have whatever relationship they have without having to worry about the pet getting sold or transferred or something. Can former pets adopt pets? Can the wolves adopt a pet cat? Can a former human become a pet? How do animal shelters work now?

So many things that could be interesting to explore here, if Rick wants to do that when he gets back to this.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

IceKitsune wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:56 pm You know the one big question I really would like answered (and maybe this is planed for the other stories he wants to write in this world) is what happened to the main casts parents/"owners"? Are Earl and Jill still humans or are they animals? What about the rest? It's kind of one of the major things I would still like to know. We haven't seen or heard from most of the human cast of BG for a long time now and I know they were never that important but still it would be nice to know. Though I guess if this is something planed to be revealed in Housepets World! or what have you I guess I could wait.

Edit: Also the last time we saw Earl and Jill was 2015! Geeze that was a long time ago
Now I need to know what happened to Earl and Jill too
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wanna know what happened to ALL of the owners honestly and not just the Sandwiches. Though I have a feeling they might have been transformed also. I have this head canon or Earl being a cat and Jill being a dog which is the opposite of Peanut and Grape and of Jeff being a cat because I'm sure Bino would lose it to know that his owner is a feline.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

All these goodbyes, it's starting to sound like the last episode of M.A.S.H.

Wull, Peanut, you ol'dog, you!

Maybe Daisy will return in the renewing first episode.

... and, while awaiting "The Return of Rick", there'll always be Happy Birthdays to do.

Thanks for it all, folks ... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It might take a while but I am sure he is gonna be back before you know it. This also feels more like a season finale than the end of everything also.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

CryosR wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:20 am
IceKitsune wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:56 pm You know the one big question I really would like answered (and maybe this is planed for the other stories he wants to write in this world) is what happened to the main casts parents/"owners"? Are Earl and Jill still humans or are they animals? What about the rest? It's kind of one of the major things I would still like to know. We haven't seen or heard from most of the human cast of BG for a long time now and I know they were never that important but still it would be nice to know. Though I guess if this is something planed to be revealed in Housepets World! or what have you I guess I could wait.

Now I need to know what happened to Earl and Jill too
They've become turkeys so they can continue the family tradition and be Turkey Sandwiches (not literally).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

As the whole gardens area apparently got taken up to Heaven for safekeeping, I'd imagine the Human family members are still Human. (And we know at least Todd's mother was up there)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

I started a few weeks before the comic went color. Can't remember exactly when it was, but yeah.

I think the very short, lighthearted arcs are most suited for a comic like this. While I enjoyed the long arcs a bit, the shorts, one offs or "humor" ones are the best and what rick does best in the Housepets universe. There are a lot of characters that don't have a proper arc (bit of a character bloat, especially in the neighborhood), that can be dealt with later.