Reply to topic  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven 
Author Message
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16826
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
well I knew it was a possibility that they were playing an infinite number of games in an infinite number of universes.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun May 27, 2012 4:51 pm
Profile YIM
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm
Posts: 2354
Location: Somewhere between 8:30 and the color red
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Brent knows everything. That's why he's a mod.

_________________
The best cymbal player ever has spoken.
ImageImage

JeffCvt is a copyright of jeffcvt inc. and not to be reproduced without the express written consent of CBS and jeff cvt.


Sun May 27, 2012 4:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 1451
Location: BMW-topia
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
But does he also know what makes Cinnamon Toast Crunch so popular?

_________________
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

Wanderer wrote:
You don't need a job, you need money.


Sun May 27, 2012 6:01 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16826
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Liam wrote:
But does he also know what makes Cinnamon Toast Crunch so popular?

the swirls are like the wind coming off of Naruto's Rasengan?[/off topic]

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun May 27, 2012 6:05 pm
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15419
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
I like pets.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun May 27, 2012 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm
Posts: 2354
Location: Somewhere between 8:30 and the color red
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
So we finally learn why Pete chose Joel. And how desperate he really is to win this game.

_________________
The best cymbal player ever has spoken.
ImageImage

JeffCvt is a copyright of jeffcvt inc. and not to be reproduced without the express written consent of CBS and jeff cvt.


Mon May 28, 2012 12:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
So King is a Dark Paladin that's really neat

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 12:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
So what he wanted to do was pit King against Tarot in some kind of fight?

That's...dethpicable.

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Mon May 28, 2012 12:07 am
Profile
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
What if Joel accepted the power? Would he have control over his power or simply be a puppet?
I wouldn't mind King becoming power crazy :3 I think it will be cute. Assuming that he had control over it of course, having no freedom would make it pointless.
But who wouldn't want to be a dark paladin if he/she wasn't under someone like Pete?

But seriously...
I think Pete's plan was too elaborate for a petty game. Their game should not have been an excuse to meddle with mortal affairs. I can't say I like any of these supernatural stuff, I personally don't like all of the deities except Bahamut or Cerberus, since they weren't directly involved in the game.


Last edited by Wanderer on Mon May 28, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 28, 2012 12:09 am
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Posts: 1683
Location: The Internet
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
does that little stand of pete's have a buzzer

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Mon May 28, 2012 12:11 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16826
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
So getting King to hate him was part of the plan. explains why he was such a jerk beyond what was inherent in changing him.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Mon May 28, 2012 12:14 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
This also confirms something else Grape and Max are followers of Dragon.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 12:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
So a Dark Paladin huh? AWESOME! I have to see how that works
I can't wait to see a King vs Tarot (although I think they could do a cute couple)

IceKitsune wrote:
This also confirms something else Grape and Max are followers of Dragon.

I think just Max, Grape is neutral. Same with Peanut and Fido.

Mod Edit: Please do not double-post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent post, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner to do so.

_________________
ImageImage


Mon May 28, 2012 12:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Gren wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
This also confirms something else Grape and Max are followers of Dragon.


I think just Max, Grape is neutral. Same with Peanut and Fido.


Max has a connection from dating Sabrina at one point and then dating Grape, who would have a connection from Peanut (who would have one from dating Tarot) and Fido from dating Sabrina this however is all depending on how close the connection actually has to be.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 12:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
So Pete made King even more miserable than he already was as a human in order to increase his power as a dark paladin.
Bino could be a pretty good dark paladin then.
Sinder wrote:
does that little stand of pete's have a buzzer

I keep looking at it and expect it to deplete at any moment.


Mon May 28, 2012 12:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
IceKitsune wrote:
This also confirms something else Grape and Max are followers of Dragon.


...HOW? :shock: :? :oops:

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Mon May 28, 2012 12:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
ChewyChewy wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
This also confirms something else Grape and Max are followers of Dragon.


...HOW? :shock: :? :oops:


Because they are all freinds with each other and hang out all the time. Among the stuff I said in my post one above yours.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 12:31 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15419
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Wow Pete sure is a jerk.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon May 28, 2012 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7886
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
*nibbles* Don't say that!

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Mon May 28, 2012 12:41 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14134
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Hold it, hold it!
Okay, Pete wanted this Dark Paladin to unleash against Tarot, by pulling on King's desire to be human. and he spoke about a connection to be present as a requirement for the power to be gained.
But... Pete just lost King as avatar! There is no connection now, right? Furthermore, King has a growing relationship with Bailey, which means even less control from Pete's side...
Apparently, we have two cases:
1) Pete will choose another dark paladin, and by the description above Bino would make a fine one
2) Pete will stubbornly try to regain King as avatar by manipulating his life (not his free will) and get him to fight against Tarot. not as a voluntary follower, but as a very, very angry creature who thinks he can get rid of the nerds (while doing a favor to Pete, actually)

Ouch

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
What a heaven!

Also... I wonder what Pete's punishment will be!


Mon May 28, 2012 1:15 am
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
valerio wrote:
1) Pete will choose another dark paladin, and by the description above Bino would make a fine one


This is of course assuming that Bino isn't another class of Avatar completely. Since it would have been much, much easier (and less rule breaking on Pete's part) to get Bino instead of Joel/King. Because they are only powered by Discontent it seems like the class they are is an inborn trait.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 1:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
IceKitsune wrote:
Gren wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
This also confirms something else Grape and Max are followers of Dragon.


I think just Max, Grape is neutral. Same with Peanut and Fido.


Max has a connection from dating Sabrina at one point and then dating Grape, who would have a connection from Peanut (who would have one from dating Tarot) and Fido from dating Sabrina this however is all depending on how close the connection actually has to be.


But that doesn't mean anything. For all we know, to be a follower they have to, at least, know about the game and all of this (of course, also of Dragon and Pete). Grape clearly showed against Pete (when he move to the neighborhood as a human) and she doesn't know anything about SD and all of the game, so she's discarded. Fido I doubt that he know anything about this, I don't think Sabrina told him some of this in any moment, besides we never see him involve in all of this until now and we never see him act strange or in some way that you could say that he's been controled (althought we don't know how this two meet each other and being a couple).

Peanut is in doubt. He knows about Pete only for the dream of Grape, and althought he knows about SD, is probably he doesn't know much of this, first, because he seems not much interested in this stuff (for example, in his conversation with Sabrina or with the Joey games) and second, because (to me) he never been controled (his feeling for grape are true just for the way that happened. When he find Grape was a girl, he instantly understand why he was so atracted to cats things, because he loves her even before he find this, when he still thinking she was a "he". With Max was different, he wanted date with Grape, first, because it's seems that there's no many cat girls in the neighborhood, and second, because he think she was the coolest cat he never knows and with that his going to be very popular and made jealous to the other cats. I allways think he's a opportunist. To me he fit perfectly with the stereotype of the argentine man, and I have my reasons XD. However, we never seen Max react even close of how Peanut it does with Grape. We have seen Peanut red, jealous, obsesive, etc etc for her, come on, even he create Stripe based on her and faint just for kiss in the cheak, instead of Max that he's always cool, not even been flushed). Until now, we never seen Peanut "in love" of Tarot, "he's just fine with this" like said in the characters description, so that prove he's not controled. And if you say "but Peanut was controled to love Grape" then I ask why SD had to resort to use Max too? Why two at the same time? And if Max is not a follower then she can't just foreshadowing that Grape was already chosen Max and let the things just happen without the necessity of destroy Peanut heart? That's simple. Peanut really love Grape and that's why SD don't intervent until she definitely chose Max, because it was true love and at the same time this still ruining the Pete's plans.

Aghh, enought of shipping things. Returning to the subject, Max, like I said before, its probably that he's not controled and just be a opportunist. But also is the posibility that he already knows about the game and became a SD follower when he still dating with Sabrina. Since Max is her "ex", is probably that he know her better than Fido (for the time they spend toghether althought is relative), so Max was with her ​​enough time to know about all of this an became follower, while Fido yet remains isolated from this (mainly because he spend time with her very occasionally when nobody see them, while Max could be with her anytime)

_________________
ImageImage


Mon May 28, 2012 2:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Grape knows about Spirit Dragon though (Peanut told her about SD at the end of We're Snowed In) and nothing about being a follower says you need to know about the game. Remember Kitsune told King that he was always playing the game whether he wants to or not. (basically he was playing before Pete transformed him.) Pete just told us that to be a follower you don't have to like a person you just have an inseparable connection to the person (how far that has to go is not defined) I would assume hanging around that person a whole lot or dating them would be more then enough however because if not Tarot would only have Sabrina as a follower which with 5000 years of a head start on Pete it would be very unlikely that it would take her long to gather them up like that.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 2:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3869
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
So... Do Dark Paladins cast from Hit Points? =3

I'm actually liking the idea of classes being brought up in this arc. I'm not going to forget these in the future.

Now here's my only concern: If Pete is still using the Dark Paladin idea and most likely he is, his targets can be Bino, Maxwell and King. Maxwell can become a possible target as well since he comes off as the type that hates mystical mumbo-jumbo, so he could naturally hate Pete and any of the mystical things that goes on. If he was given a position where he was given power though, it would no doubt be like catnip all over again. The big concern i have is what reason would he accept it and how it would reflect on him and Grape? I'm worried that it would reflect on him and Grape negatively, but it could also somehow be a interesting case of "Love makes you evil" sorta thing, except Maxwell could turn out not to be the monster that we would expect.

All in all, it's a interesting theory. Can't wait to see more of the future plots =3

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 5:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
While I can easily see his pick being Max because it would really hurt Dragon she would lose a follower and if he can pull of some kind of deception spy on Dragon for a while in some way. I just don't see Max as a very discontent pet (Though I can easily see Pete making him that way), however there is always the very likely possibility that Max is another type of Avatar. As for King at this point King is not going to want to play the game anyway so its unlikely he would accept the powers unless tricked into it, because he both wouldn't want to nor does he have any reason to.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 5:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3869
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Except Pete still hates the game. He could still be tricked into accepting Pete's powers.

Also, i might've jumped into Bino as a choice too hastefully. I realized he's not as discontent as it looks to be with the exception of people not listening to him.

With that being said, Maxwell might not be discontent now, but if Pete somehow started bothering Grape again (while unlikely, he could have a reason) Maxwell could jump in just to put a end to the silliness.

Now the only question is: If King or Max were to duel Tarot, what would their reaction be?

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Last edited by GameCobra on Mon May 28, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 28, 2012 5:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 4579
Images: 1
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
"We never do anything life doesn't already do to them"
man just last week I sneezed and turned into a dog that was quite a doozy.

Why is this a trial if the general celestial populace doesn't seem to care much whether or not mortal lives are tampered with it seems like altering the form of one being who probably only lived for an eye blink or so would just get you a slap on the wrist. If it's worth having a court trial over why are book of fates so easily available to any group of divine nerds who wanna screw around with some mortal souls.
if it's really illegal can't they just put some majgyicks on it so that they can't do illegal things

come to think of it why is everyone in heaven an animal are there any humans in charge of anything
even a human janitor
spoyler: Heaven is actually a zoo

yes anyway.

It looks like Rick has copy pasted that panel of pete from behind a few times now maybe
they're almost identical
cannut tell

_________________
bwah bwah


Mon May 28, 2012 5:23 am
Profile YIM WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14134
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Pete is on trial for breaking in and stealing Joel's fate portion of soul.
In the game context, he was penalized (but he said he could work around it) for forcing the transformation on Joel without prior consent.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 5:25 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
GameCobra wrote:
Except Pete still hates the game. He could still be tricked into accepting Pete's powers.

Also, i might've jumped into Bino as a choice too hastefully. I realized he's not as discontent as it looks to be with the exception of people not listening to him.

With that being said, Maxwell might not be discontent now, but if Pete somehow started bothering Grape again (while unlikely, he could have a reason) Maxwell could jump in just to put a end to the silliness.

Now the only question is: If King or Max were to duel Tarot, what would their reaction be?


I'm assuming that you mean King for the first Pete there. As I said (my edit most likely happened right before you posted) that is about the only way they could really do it. And Bailey and living with the Wolves makes King more content with life so that weakens his effectiveness anyway. As for your point about Pete making Max discontent is very possible (and your way could work) however that assumes hes a Dark Paladin, which he may not be.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 5:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3869
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Yes, I meant Pete the first time. >.>;

I highly doubt Maxwell is even a choice at the moment, but the thought of him being one later on is possible. I wouldn't say I would be enthusiastic about the idea either if it put him in risk with Grape, but i also see some ways that it can work out. Just can't think of any at the moment.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 5:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Okay, so Pete firstly said he did Joel/King a favor and now he said he wanted King to be unhappy. Now that explain why he was a jerk to king everytime he could.
Pete is the charming bottom of a precipíce.
edit: If I were Bahamut I would arrest Pete just for he batlant lying.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Last edited by angelusbr on Mon May 28, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 28, 2012 6:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 4579
Images: 1
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
valerio wrote:
Pete is on trial for breaking in and stealing Joel's fate portion of soul.

ah yeah that happened too.

_________________
bwah bwah


Mon May 28, 2012 6:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
You know what angelusbr I had forgotten about that. Your right I don't understand how making King better at a game he didn't want to play in the first place and Pete basically forced him into, by making him hate his life more, for the sole purpose of Pete winning this game is helping King. What exactly is Pete's argument here? It seems non-existent at worst and very very flimsy at best.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 6:18 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14134
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
In fact, Pete IS really desperate... :lol:

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
angelusbr wrote:
Okay, so Pete firstly said he did Joel/King a favor and now he said he wanted King to be unhappy. Now that explain why he was a jerk to king everytime he could.
Pete is the charming bottom of a precipíce.
edit: If I were Bahamut I would arrest Pete just for he batlant lying.

I'm not going to make too many comments on this, but it is congruent--Pete did Joel a "favor" by not only putting him on a fast track to heaven, but breaking the absolute rut that was his old life. His mood is one of those things celestials find "incidental", and his temperment was already there before Pete started prodding him.

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
Huh. This sucks.

rickgriffin wrote:
I'm not going to make too many comments on this, but it is congruent--Pete did Joel a "favor" by basically putting him on a fast track to heaven.


How? :| What I'm getting is that Pete meant for King to be a source of dark power in order to win the game. No doubt had he succeeded, King would have become an agent of darkness. I fail to see how that doesn't interfere with free agency of morality, as was said earlier.

Well, his judgment is still to be rendered. I'm hoping that this wasn't all a show inquiry.


Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
PhoenixAsper wrote:
Huh. This sucks.

rickgriffin wrote:
I'm not going to make too many comments on this, but it is congruent--Pete did Joel a "favor" by basically putting him on a fast track to heaven.


How? :| What I'm getting is that Pete meant for King to be a source of dark power in order to win the game. No doubt had he succeeded, King would have become an agent of darkness. I fail to see how that doesn't interfere with free agency of morality, as was said earlier.

Well, his judgment is still to be rendered. I'm hoping that this wasn't all a show inquiry.

"Dark Paladin" is in the same sense of the FFIV Dark Knight class that Ceicil is. It doesn't mean he's necessarily a harbringer of EVIL powers, just "dark" ones.

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Mon May 28, 2012 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14134
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
rickgriffin wrote:
I'm not going to make too many comments on this, but it is congruent--Pete did Joel a "favor" by not only putting him on a fast track to heaven, but breaking the absolute rut that was his old life. His mood is one of those things celestials find "incidental", and his temperment was already there before Pete started prodding him.

err, will you forgive me if I point out that Pete just stated he did not convert King for the bonus points only, but *because* he needed a discontent 'follower'? I can hardly see that as 'incidental'. Prodding him adds to the already-present discontent.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 28, 2012 9:03 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven
He was still feeding his negative emotions and possibly hatred: am I missing something? :?

Sorry for failing to understand. :oops: It's just that this world's system of morality is looking more and more suspect, and Pete's actions have no good moral justification that I can think of. The ends do NOT justify the means. I don't have all the info yet, so I can only comment on what I see. I just would like to know if I'm overlooking something obvious, or there's something I don't yet know.


Last edited by PhoenixAsper on Mon May 28, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 28, 2012 9:06 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.