Reply to topic  [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
Arc 51: Show Business 
Author Message
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15517
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Tarot is magic. If you knew someone who's magic, wouldn't you go to her for help?

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Sleet wrote:
Tarot is magic. If you knew someone who's magic, wouldn't you go to her for help?


But for this? why would Tarot even care they met once for like a minute.
Edit: I could understand if he was going to get Sabrina but accidentally woke Tarot up instead but that's not what shown here

_________________
Image
Image


Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:10 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15517
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Stuff happens off-panel.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7943
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
King presumably considered that Tarot is one of two people in the neighborhood who know him particularly well. One has a tendency to go with one's friends and acquaintances when one is in a bind.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Posts: 1690
Location: The Internet
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
WARNING

WARNING

ENEMY PLAYER DETECTED

DESTROY

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:15 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
That house looks really big for some reason.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:18 am
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Dissension wrote:
King presumably considered that Tarot is one of two people in the neighborhood who know him particularly well. One has a tendency to go with one's friends and acquaintances when one is in a bind.


Then why not just go for Sabrina then? Since Tarot knew he was coming that means that logically he was coming to see her not Sabrina who would make much more sense in this case out of the two of them.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:19 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
and it's bigger on the inside, what with the portals to other realms of reality and all.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:20 am
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15517
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Maybe Sabrina's room doesn't have a window.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:21 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Sleet wrote:
Maybe Sabrina's room doesn't have a window.


Ok fine, but IMO that is a rather silly reason (not from a canon stand point but from a writing one) but whatever maybe Tarot can finally get some development or something.

_________________
Image
Image


Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:29 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15517
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Rick just knows I like Tarot and did it just for me.

Obviously.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:48 am
Posts: 1453
Location: Yesterday
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
IceKitsune wrote:
Dissension wrote:
King presumably considered that Tarot is one of two people in the neighborhood who know him particularly well. One has a tendency to go with one's friends and acquaintances when one is in a bind.


Then why not just go for Sabrina then? Since Tarot knew he was coming that means that logically he was coming to see her not Sabrina who would make much more sense in this case out of the two of them.


Sabrina's more like Tarot's on hand secretary, in my opinion at least. Why go to the secretary when you can go straight to the boss?

_________________
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Hypergenesis wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Dissension wrote:
King presumably considered that Tarot is one of two people in the neighborhood who know him particularly well. One has a tendency to go with one's friends and acquaintances when one is in a bind.


Then why not just go for Sabrina then? Since Tarot knew he was coming that means that logically he was coming to see her not Sabrina who would make much more sense in this case out of the two of them.


Sabrina's more like Tarot's on hand secretary, in my opinion at least. Why go to the secretary when you can go straight to the boss?


When you know the secretary better and the choice doesn't really matter.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:48 am
Posts: 1453
Location: Yesterday
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
IceKitsune wrote:
When you know the secretary better and the choice doesn't really matter.


Why do you say King knows Sabrina better?

Tarot and the Spirit Dragon aren't any different in perspective, like linked minds, possibly even linked bodies.

And from their conversation it's basically a "Just do anything to stop her." request being put up.

and with his experience with Pete, whose power can be used at will, wouldn't it be more logical to approach Tarot?
I mean what would Sabrina do?

_________________
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Hypergenesis wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
When you know the secretary better and the choice doesn't really matter.


Why do you say King knows Sabrina better?

Tarot and the Spirit Dragon aren't any different in perspective, like linked minds, possibly even linked bodies.

And from their conversation it's basically a "Just do anything to stop her." request being put up.

and with his experience with Pete, whose power can be used at will, wouldn't it be more logical to approach Tarot?
I mean what would Sabrina do?


Tarot and Dragon are two different people, saying that since he knows Dragon a lot means that he knows Tarot just as much is dumb its like saying since you know one twin its the same as knowing the other. Also that's my point why go to Tarot with that request when Sabrina could do the same thing.
Except that King admits that he believes it has nothing to do with the game so it really can't be Pete so he wouldn't be worried about powers being used.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:09 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
he means that Tarot knows everything about Pete that Dragon knows (plausibly) and that King knows Tarot has access to Dragon's powers, or at least he thinks she does because Pete was able to use his powers indiscriminately. Sabrina doesn't have those powers.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:16 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
he means that Tarot knows everything about Pete that Dragon knows (plausibly) and that King knows Tarot has access to Dragon's powers. Sabrina doesn't have those powers.


what? But King doesn't think Pete has anything to do with this since he said that it doesn't have anything to do with the game so that shouldn't even factor in here. He just wants Duchess to go away, Sabrina could do just that as well as Tarot could, so again why go to Tarot and not Sabrina when he knows Sabrina better.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:20 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
IceKitsune wrote:
He just wants Duchess to go away

and don't you think a psychic with a connection to a celestial being could make that happen in some way, more easily than that psychic's apprentice?

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:23 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
IceKitsune wrote:
what? But King doesn't think Pete has anything to do with this since he said that it doesn't have anything to do with the game so that shouldn't even factor in here. He just wants Duchess to go away, Sabrina could do just that as well as Tarot could, so again why go to Tarot and not Sabrina when he knows Sabrina better.

Presumably, one who doesn't fully understand how magic works would assume that someone with magic would be an infinitely more powerful ally than one who doesn't.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:25 am
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7943
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
IceKitsune wrote:
... Sabrina could do just that as well as Tarot could, so again why go to Tarot and not Sabrina when he knows Sabrina better.

In which comic is it established that King knows Sabrina better than he knows Tarot? Additionally, please do not say someone's idea is "dumb," that's rather rude.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
He just wants Duchess to go away

and don't you think a psychic with a connection to a celestial being could make that happen in some way?


Yes she could I'm not in anyway arguing she couldn't, but again he considered Fox first and even thought of going to Sasha in this strip. He knows Sabrina better then he knows Tarot (who he met for like all of a minute once) If he was considering help from Sasha and Fox why would Sabrina not cross his mind to go to before Tarot?

Dissension wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
... Sabrina could do just that as well as Tarot could, so again why go to Tarot and not Sabrina when he knows Sabrina better.

In which comic is it established that King knows Sabrina better than he knows Tarot? Additionally, please do not say someone's idea is "dumb," that's rather rude.


The fact that hes clearly had more screen time with her then with Tarot and there is nothing in this strip that says they hung out at all in between. Edit: and I'm sorry for saying it was dumb.

_________________
Image
Image


Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.



Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:28 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Dissension wrote:
Additionally, please do not say someone's idea is "dumb," that's rather rude.[/color]

yes. don't be like Tarot. She's kind of a jerk.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:29 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
IceKitsune wrote:
Yes she could I'm not in anyway arguing she couldn't, but again he considered Fox first and even thought of going to Sasha in this panel. He knows Sabrina better then he knows Tarot (who he met for like all of a minute once) If he was considering help from Sasha and Fox why would Sabrina not cross his mind to go to before Tarot?

He chose Fox first because Fox is his best friend.

And I'm fairly certain the comment about Sasha was a sarcastic remark in response to Tarot being purposefully unhelpful.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Yes she could I'm not in anyway arguing she couldn't, but again he considered Fox first and even thought of going to Sasha in this panel. He knows Sabrina better then he knows Tarot (who he met for like all of a minute once) If he was considering help from Sasha and Fox why would Sabrina not cross his mind to go to before Tarot?

He chose Fox first because Fox is his best friend.

And I'm fairly certain the comment about Sasha was a sarcastic remark in response to Tarot being purposefully unhelpful.


Ok yeah I know that they are best freinds but the point I'm making is that he chose someone with out magic before going to Tarot who he barely knows (and before anyone brings it up yes I'm making an assumption that they don't really know each other, but its one based on actual evidence from the comic which all points to them barely knowing each other.), if he really thought he need high powered Magic that Tarot would have, why even go to Fox. So again the only reason that he didn't think of getting Sabrina who he knows better then Tarot is so Tarot could have a reason to be in the arc as I said before.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:53 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
IceKitsune wrote:
(and before anyone brings it up yes I'm making an assumption that they don't really know each other, but its one based on actual evidence from the comic which all points to them barely knowing each other.)

I'd say it's more based on lack of evidence that they know each other better.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:56 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
(and before anyone brings it up yes I'm making an assumption that they don't really know each other, but its one based on actual evidence from the comic which all points to them barely knowing each other.)

I'd say it's more based on lack of evidence that they know each other better.


Maybe, but its better then assuming they met up off panel with absolutely nothing to support it.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:58 am
Profile
Worst Mod EVER!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:50 pm
Posts: 4514
Location: South Florida
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Hmm... Anyone else a bit scared by the fact that he's going to Sasha's house at a time her dad might be home?

I certainly am.

_________________
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Image
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)


Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Hmm... Anyone else a bit scared by the fact that he's going to Sasha's house at a time her dad might be home?

I certainly am.

This. If King meet Sasha's dad appear, it'll be an interesting plot twist (somthing I've been wanting since when King and Sasha met). I know people are saying that King know Sabrina better because of the arc "Not all dogs. I don't think they are that much of friends, but Sabrina DID help King there and not Tarot. I know why King tried to get Tarot's help, but he should've tried Sabrina instead (since she was the one who helped him, sure it was most likely under orders, but I think she was really worried back then. However back in "Not all dogs" King's soul was at stake, here he's just under the danger of a crazy dog).

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3964
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Sabrina would probably get stampeded by Duchess anyway i would say. Unless Sabrina has been taken lessons from Grape... or maybe she had her own way of fighting? :o

In any case, i just find it funny that he also went to Tarot. considering how she scared him last time with the whole "I know you're human" thing, i would guess he would be scared straight for Duchess to hear the whole human backstory stuff. But then again, he might've also thought having Tarot telling Duchess he was human would probably turn her off, not because she'd believe the whole thing but just because of who he hung around with X3

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 210
Location: Roswell
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
i don't really know what to say, its funny like always, i would have never guessed him going to Tarot for assistance, maybe he's even willing to go back to Pete O.O

_________________
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."


Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:25 am
Profile YIM
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Maybe Tarot's house was just close to Fox's house.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:06 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Now this is more LIKE it! :shock: (Or perhaps it's not. I have no idea, and I don't like being teased.)

I WANT to say that I sense something BIG is approaching, and that it's one of two things I've wanted to see happen most.............. but I've been wrong before. And I can only get my hopes up so many times before my reaction becomes "who cares?". :?

I'm going to have my hopes up anyway. Dang it.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 210
Location: Roswell
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
you don't need to worry, King's not in any danger, he's only being chased by a psychotic... uh whats the word i'm looking for, let's say ex-girlfriend for the pageants sake.

_________________
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."


Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 am
Profile YIM

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
sean21 wrote:
you don't need to worry, King's not in any danger, he's only being chased by a psychotic... uh whats the word i'm looking for, let's say ex-girlfriend for the pageants sake.


Yeah, "Feral Attraction". :roll:

Seriously, not THAT! :P The two things I'm referring to are Fox finding out the truth (unlikely), or a resolution with the watch. I've been wrong enough times on hoping for both that I SHOULD be taking a weary "who cares?" attitude, and part of me wants to.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15517
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Relax! That arc will resolve when Rick wants it to. Don't be in any hurry.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Extremerator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 3958
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
This is my favorite comic of this arc so far for a variety of reasons
but mostly because of Tarot. And the avatar joke.

_________________
Image
Image Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2715
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Oh ! Juliet!, let down thy golden hair.


wait..

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:57 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Three Layers Down...
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Some I noticed would be the possibility of Duchess having something to do with the game. Such as some unseen character that joins the game at some point in the arc, that might be why Tarot cannot help, if you think about it...

_________________
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.


Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3964
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
... Rapunzel!

Also, Tarot and her plot inducing tactics. Why, she saw this plot coming and inserter her plot in to help the plot move onto another plot.

Tarot, the Queen of Plots.
With Peanut as her King.
And Grape and Maxwell as their Knights!
With Daisy and Sasha guest starring as the Bishops!
And Fiddler and Keys as the Rooks!
and the bigglesworths as the Pawns.

/smug

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:52 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6307
Location: Florida
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Um, do people not realize that Sabrina and Tarot live together? Maybe he originally went to get Sabrina and Tarot foresaw that and ran interference? It is perfectly reasonable to assume, since it was never said that he specifically went there for tarot. Besides, he is running from a threat, he will run to anyone he views as an ally at this point. I mean, he may just be running down the road until he spots a familiar residence and then trying to get the pet's attention for all we know... :|

I think this may be the first time the game has been mentioned casually without a spirit coming up. maybe one will appear. :lol:

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:42 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.