Arc 50: Housepets Babies!

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
IceKitsune

Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:It's really popular. If something is popular, stuff gets written fast. Such as a biography of an important politician being published before he's actually elected to the office in which he'll do the most biography-worthy things of his life.
That is some rather instant popularity, that doesn't really happen with books, Harry Potter took to Book 3 IIRC to get popular. Twilight was basically the same way. The only one that I can think of that was remotely like that was Eragon and that was only because it was marketed as being written by a 15 year old. So maybe if it had been marketed as written by Res himself I could buy that it got that popular that quickly but It wasn't so I can't. The Biography thing is IMO not even remotely the same here.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Even worse than a book series experiencing a wave of popularity quicker than those that exist in real life, pets can talk!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ack, tell me it isn't true!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

No need to make fun of me you know. I mean it makes more sense to just assume he's older and took a while to write the books its not like there is anything in canon that says otherwise.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Nobody's making fun of you, IceKitsune. We intended only to remind everyone it's unnecessary to argue over such trivial details. As far as Res's age, we have only the information presented in the comic to go with. Res indicates he's been totally immersed in "The Pridelands" for two years. Thus, he's clearly been working on the stories at least that long. Whether he started before then has not been clarified. We know Grape read the first book as a kitten. At which point in her kittenhood this was has also not been revealed. Those things are pretty much irrelevant to the story. Does it make much of a difference if Res is six or eight years old? That's still pretty young, for a cat in this universe. If he's younger (or older), does that change anything? Not as far as I can see (although it would be impressive for Kitten Res to have crafted such an apparently-engrossing story).

I, for one, look forward to the continuing story of Housepets! and all the wacky hijinks entailed therein. I encourage everyone to take a short break for beverages, candy, and possibly a hot dog (or other tasty treat) and be back in time for the next installment of the series. Wouldn't want to miss anything, eh?

sean21

Post by sean21 »

@.@ oh no i've started an argument, just forget i said anything -_-

also it might be just me but i want to read Pridelanes o.O
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

kuga tenreu wrote:@.@ oh no i've started an argument, just forget i said anything -_-

Pridelands =P

And you didn't start an argument. Don't worry about it. Some of us tend to look into a story way too much than it's normally intended. For the most part though, we mostly do it just to either pass time or because we enjoy throwing out ideas for the other fans or even Rick.

PS: I too wanna read more Pridelands. Mwahahahaha!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I realize that there is a relationship developing between Res and Grape, but still he is getting a little familiar with his hands on her knees. Last time I put my hand on someone's knee, while trying to sweet talk them, I got jack-slapped. Needless to say I was unsuccessful in that particular romantic endeavor. But Res is far more charming than I am.

Also, if Pridelands ever becomes its own series of comics or novels, I would really want to read it!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

kuga tenreu wrote:@.@ oh no i've started an argument, just forget i said anything -_-

It wasn't your fault I was only debating it because I couldn't sleep (also because I think I'm right but mostly because I couldn't sleep), it really wasn't an argument like at all. Also yes I would like to read the series.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I realize that there is a relationship developing between Res and Grape, but still he is getting a little familiar with his hands on her knees. Last time I put my hand on someone's knee, while trying to sweet talk them, I got jack-slapped. Needless to say I was unsuccessful in that particular romantic endeavor. But Res is far more charming than I am.
Were you wearing hobo kitty gloves? No? Well that was your problem.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

You're fine! = P
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I realize that there is a relationship developing between Res and Grape, but still he is getting a little familiar with his hands on her knees. Last time I put my hand on someone's knee, while trying to sweet talk them, I got jack-slapped. Needless to say I was unsuccessful in that particular romantic endeavor. But Res is far more charming than I am.
It is entirely possible there is no romantic intent there. Some people are physically (not to be confused with sexually) intimate with their friends. I, for one, am generally shy and asocial and pretty awkward in interactions with people, but I'm cool with hugs and snuggles. In any case, cats in the real world cuddle all the time.
The same person who wrote the above quote also wrote:Also, if Pridelands ever becomes its own series of comics or novels, I would really want to read it!
I sort of don't see this happening. It could, but Rick has other writing and drawing projects pretty constantly in addition to the comic.

ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Now that those three have been reported hanging out together in this arc it makes me wonder...will Max show up perhaps?
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
sean21

Post by sean21 »

so i'm guessing sense the housepet baby's comic part is over that means this thread is too

time to start the next one... uh which one is that going to be anyways
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

It's already been started here

You're still allowed to discuss this arc in this thread, though
Image Image
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Heh. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but i'm playing Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale and noticed that one of the lines used once is "Oh, Carp!". Then i think back to Maxwell!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur