Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Arc #47: A Respite in the Country 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
YAY! Go Baliey! Now we get to see how durable that watch really is.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Oh, MAN, King, you could be a LITTLE more grateful than that....

And who knew Bailey would have it in her?

And what is WRONG with that kid?

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:02 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15547
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Uh oh. Wet fur contest.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
ChewyChewy wrote:
Oh, MAN, King, you could be a LITTLE more grateful than that....

And who knew Bailey would have it in her?

And what is WRONG with that kid?


Hes a jerk basically, but a lot of kids are at that age.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 am
Profile
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5472
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Huh
didn't see that comin
What happens if the watch stops working?
does King just need to have it or does it have to be in working order?

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Lord of the Rings reference? Maybe?

Daaang though. Bailey's a beast! Haha.

Edit:

Quote:
What happens if the watch stops working?
does King just need to have it or does it have to be in working order?

It hasn't been stated yet how all that works. I know that the last time it was almost destroyed, most people seemed to assume that it operated much the same way as Charlie's life watch from All Dogs Go to Heaven. Meaning that if the watch is destroyed/stops working, King dies along with it. Considering many of the characters apparent fascination with Don Bluth films (ADGTH especially), it's a logical deduction, but it's still hardly set in stone.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:12 am
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6309
Location: Florida
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
:lol: Love the alt text! Bailey is a sort of Fox 2.0, huh?

I wonder how much she hates that kid now. I would not want to get on her bad side.

So Bailey wears Dog Tags too?

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:20 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17155
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
copper wrote:
So Bailey wears Dog Tags too?

the shape is too different. that's just a normal tag on her collar. (actually kinda looks like a price tag.)

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:24 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Is it just me, or is Bailey a little too upset over that watch being tossed in that pond/lake?

Honestly, maybe she just dislikes others being treated that way. From what I know, everone else seems to think "it's just a watch."

Either that or Rick wanted a more dynamic panel. In which case, more power to you. ;)


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Posts: 1691
Location: The Internet
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
"Jill Knife"?

Is Bailey a master of unlocking?

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:41 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17155
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
RootsofOrigin wrote:
Is it just me, or is Bailey a little too upset over that watch being tossed in that pond/lake?

Honestly, maybe she just dislikes others being treated that way. From what I know, everone else seems to think "it's just a watch."

Either that or Rick wanted a more dynamic panel. In which case, more power to you. ;)

She just has the type of personality that leads her to defend the little guy when he gets picked on. She would have done the same if it were some other item that belonged to some other living being.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:45 am
Profile YIM

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
You know, I find it telling that King asked himself why everyone fights his battles for him. Perhaps that's just the question he needs to ask. As to what to do about it...


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Quote:
RootsofOrigin wrote:
Is it just me, or is Bailey a little too upset over that watch being tossed in that pond/lake?

Honestly, maybe she just dislikes others being treated that way. From what I know, everone else seems to think "it's just a watch."

Either that or Rick wanted a more dynamic panel. In which case, more power to you.



Quote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
She just has the type of personality that leads her to defend the little guy when he gets picked on. She would have done the same if it were some other item that belonged to some other living being.


So no to the first, yes to the second.

And I'll just leave three as a maybe.


Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
copper wrote:
So Bailey wears Dog Tags too?

the shape is too different. that's just a normal tag on her collar. (actually kinda looks like a price tag.)


Yeah I'm pretty sure its a price tag.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:26 pm
Posts: 464
Location: European Union
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
King wrote:
... I SWEAR TO DOG...

You're becoming dyslexic King

_________________
Image
Discover Prophecy of the Circle
DA profile | Website


Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 979
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
It would've been even funnier...though a bad idea in-story, likely...for them to have broken out in the Dirty Dozens. :P

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3997
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Sinder wrote:
"Jill Knife"?

Is Bailey a master of unlocking?


Fox = Barry Burton.

I can totally dig that.

Also: Sweetheart dive. Took me a few minutes to figure that out.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:46 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 979
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Sinder wrote:
"Jill Knife"?

Is Bailey a master of unlocking?

Jill Knife is a reference to "jackknife", as in the diving style.

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
I loved today's strip. And I vote it's for both reasons she came to the rescue.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:48 pm
Posts: 483
Location: Bork, Bork, Bork! (Sweden)
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
I had a hunch Bailey would help, but I saw it going down with a lot less action.
Now let the complications begin!

_________________
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?


Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:37 pm
Posts: 290
Location: The angry dome.
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
"Swear to Dog" LOL

_________________
Image

Follow my dangus DA


Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:21 pm
Posts: 190
Location: England, maidenhead, in my house drinking tea.
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Hmm people fight king's battles for him because he is cute... yes I can totally agree with that

_________________
I WUV MAH KITTIES!


Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 870
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Chaplin wrote:
"Swear to Dog" LOL


Pretty much this. ^


Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:47 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Why does King carry the watch anyway? And wasn't someone supposed to come and pick it up? Ah well.... Bailey is fun :D!

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1746
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Alex wrote:
Why does King carry the watch anyway?


Because what if he leaves it behind and then comes back and it's not there?

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
rickgriffin wrote:
Alex wrote:
Why does King carry the watch anyway?


Because what if he leaves it behind and then comes back and it's not there?


He could keep it locked up some where in the wolves house (like in a lock box or safe or something) and keep the key with him. Even if he lost the key it would be better then losing the watch, you could figure out a way to get the box or whatever open again later if you did.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1746
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
IceKitsune wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
Alex wrote:
Why does King carry the watch anyway?


Because what if he leaves it behind and then comes back and it's not there?


He could keep it locked up some where in the wolves house (like in a lock box or safe or something) and keep the key with him. Even if he lost the key it would be better then losing the watch, you could figure out a way to get the box or whatever open again later if you did.


But what if someone took the box

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 979
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
After what happened when it came down, King is NOT going to take any risks with the watch.

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
rickgriffin wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:

He could keep it locked up some where in the wolves house (like in a lock box or safe or something) and keep the key with him. Even if he lost the key it would be better then losing the watch, you could figure out a way to get the box or whatever open again later if you did.


But what if someone took the box


It still would have been safer (or at minimum equally as risky) then carrying it with him. Because some one snatching it like this was also possible (and happened)

_________________
Image
Image


Last edited by IceKitsune on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:37 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15547
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
That must be really uncomfortable to keep under his collar.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:37 pm
Posts: 290
Location: The angry dome.
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Good god, just choose human and school that kid's ugly face already!

_________________
Image

Follow my dangus DA


Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 425
Location: California
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
"Hold the line! Love isn't always on time!" Sorry, that's just the song that popped into my head when I saw Bailey dive head first after King's watch.

Man, King must really be beginning to feel the hots for her . It's too bad Peanut will never work up the nerve to confront Grape and express his true feelings for her :P Oh well.

_________________
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5


Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 327
Location: A treehouse atop a hill
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
i’m going to bet that the next strip goes like this.

Bailey – “Here you go cutie!”
King – “Fahbwa…gwabwall…ssaa”
Bailey – “Huh, bit low on brains isnt he?”
Fox – “Actually i think he likes you…a lot”.
Bailey – *makes a smitten face* “Oh, well if he ever recovers tell him that i’d love to howl with him sometime” *Leaves*
King – *Eyes stretch even wider*
Fox – “What I tell you, you got one good looking face…”

_________________
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"


Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 327
Location: A treehouse atop a hill
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Actually Rook at the end of Imaginate Too! his feelings do come out but they decide to be friends

_________________
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"


Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 425
Location: California
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Well, I meant Grape and Peanut actually decide to take it a step further. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to settle for them being friends. But, it looks like King's found love, which is just as good.

_________________
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5


Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Quote:
Rook:
i’m going to bet that the next strip goes like this.

Bailey – “Here you go cutie!”
King – “Fahbwa…gwabwall…ssaa”
Bailey – “Huh, bit low on brains isnt he?”
Fox – “Actually i think he likes you…a lot”.
Bailey – *makes a smitten face* “Oh, well if he ever recovers tell him that i’d love to howl with him sometime” *Leaves*
King – *Eyes stretch even wider*
Fox – “What I tell you, you got one good looking face…”


I can see that being worked into a comic. Even if it is a bit racy.

Aoogah! Humuhnuh-humunuh.


Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:06 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 am
Posts: 3715
Location: Fairfield, Illinois
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Quote:
Your assuming that Rick is worried that some folks getting mad and no longer reading the comic would stop him in any way from telling a story the way he wants to tell it. Housepets did alright before King and it would do alright without King.



I wouldn't get mad and stop reading. The only way I'd stop reading is if for some reason house pets started to be less intriguing then it is.

_________________
Also on twitter: https://twitter.com/xhunterko

Help a fellow out? I have a GoFundMe set up. Help and share if you can: http://www.gofundme.com/dp5vug


Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:43 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17155
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
RootsofOrigin wrote:
Quote:
Rook:
i’m going to bet that the next strip goes like this.

Bailey – “Here you go cutie!”
King – “Fahbwa…gwabwall…ssaa”
Bailey – “Huh, bit low on brains isnt he?”
Fox – “Actually i think he likes you…a lot”.
Bailey – *makes a smitten face* “Oh, well if he ever recovers tell him that i’d love to howl with him sometime” *Leaves*
King – *Eyes stretch even wider*
Fox – “What I tell you, you got one good looking face…”


I can see that being worked into a comic. Even if it is a bit racy.

Aoogah! Humuhnuh-humunuh.

doesn't look racy to me. King did ask Tarot to howl with him before.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:02 pm
Profile YIM
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5472
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
xhunterko wrote:
Quote:
Your assuming that Rick is worried that some folks getting mad and no longer reading the comic would stop him in any way from telling a story the way he wants to tell it. Housepets did alright before King and it would do alright without King.



I wouldn't get mad and stop reading. The only way I'd stop reading is if for some reason house pets started to be less intriguing then it is.


seconded
I like KIngs(not as much as the creepy shipping crowd but I'm still a fan)
but it seems awefully petty to quit reading a comic because the author didn't bend the story to your whims.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #47: A Respite in the Country
Rook wrote:
Well, I meant Grape and Peanut actually decide to take it a step further. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to settle for them being friends. But, it looks like King's found love, which is just as good.


They still could since Grape did give him permission to be mushy with her. You never know the story isn't over yet.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.